Christmas with the Belpois’ by Kiwi Lee
[Reviews - 0]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
          “I didn’t know Odd’s family could skate.” Yumi said as she saw Odd and his sisters on the rink.

         “I can’t skate at all.” Ulrich said as he finished lasing up his skates.

         Yumi walked over to Ulrich and helped him stand up. They saw Aelita and Jeremie sitting on the benches with Odd’s parents as they walked over to the ice rink. Yumi glided on the ice and turned around to watch Ulrich get onto the ice, holding onto the side of the rink. Yumi glided back over to Ulrich and grabbed his hand to steady him. He got standing still and then looked at Yumi, blushing. “Thanks.”

         Yumi smiled back and said, “Your welcome, now, come on. It’s easy.”

         “For you.” Ulrich said with a smile.

  

        The group stayed there for a while. What was surprising to everyone was when Mr. Stern got out on the ice and made a complete idiot out of himself and had fun. His wife made a comment about being glad to see the old man she married sixteen years ago.

         They went back home after grabbing a bite to eat and walked into the house as the sun started to go down. Before they new it, it was almost midnight.

         “How are you feeling?” Jeremie asked Aelita as Odd was coming back from the kitchen with a bowl of popcorn.

         “I’m better.” Aelita said.

         Odd sat down next to Aelita on the sofa and started to eat the popcorn.

         “Yo gluten,” Ulrich said as he reached over to grab some popcorn. “Share.”

         “Hey guys, it’s starting.” Yumi said, looking at the tv. It was on to the new years celebration.

         “I can’t believe it’s already a new year.” Mr. Della Robbia said as he put his arm around his wife.

         "Dix, neuf, huit, sept, six, cinq," the announcer on the tv started to count down as the Eifel tower was getting lit up, level by level. "Quarte, trios, deux, un!"

         Fireworks started to shoot off behind the Eifel tower.

         "Happy New Years Kids!" Mrs. Belpois said.

  

        Music started to play and Jeremie started to sing along.

  

        "Faut-il nous quitter sans espoir, sans espoir de retour. Faut-il nous quitter sans espoir de nous revoir un jour?" (Must it leave us without hope, without hope of return. Must it leave us without hope of seeing each other agian one day?)

         His friends looked at him and Aelita sang with him, singing, "Ce n'est qu'un au revoir, mes frèse, ce n'est qu'un au revoir! Oui, nous nous reverrons, mes frères, ce n'est qu'un au revoir." (It's not only good-bye, my brothers, it's not only good-bye! Yes, we will see each other again, my brothers, it's not only good-bye.)

         One by one, the friends started to sing together Choral des Adieux.

         "Les vieux amis du temps passé, se sont-ils oubliés? Alors que nos cœurs ont gardé l'amour du temps passé? (Old friends from long ago, are they forgotten? While our hearts have kept love from long ago?)

         "Au bon vieux temps mes chers amis, au jours du bon vieux temps. Buvons un verre mqintenant, aux jours du bon vieux temps. (To the good old days my dear friends, to the good old days. Let's drink a glass now, to the good old days.)

         "Formons de nos mains qui s'enlacent, au déclin de ce jour. Formons de nos mains qui s'enlancent, une chaîne d'amour.

         "Ce n'est qu'un au revoir, mes frèse, ce n'est qu'un au revoir! Oui, nous nous reverrons, mes frères, ce n'est qu'un au revoir.(It's not only good-bye, my brothers, it's not only good-bye! Yes, we will see each other again, my brothers, it's not only good-bye.)

         "Amis, unis par cette chaîne, aurour du même feu. Amis, unis par cette chaîne, ne faisons point d'adieux. (Friends, linked by this chain, around the same fire. Friends, linked by this chain, let's not say farewell.)

  

        "Au bon vieux temps mes chers amis, au jours du bon vieux temps. Buvons un verre mqintenant, aux jours du bon vieux temps.(To the good old days my dear friends, to the good old days. Let's drink a glass now, to the good old days.)

         "Car l'idéal qui nous rassemle vivra dans l'avenir. Car l'idéal qui nous rassemble, saura nous réunir. (For the ideal that brings us together will live in the future. For the ideal that brings us together, will know how to reunite us.)

         "Ce n'est qu'un au revoir, mes frèse, ce n'est qu'un au revoir! Oui, nous nous reverrons, mes frères, ce n'est qu'un au revoir."(It's not only good-bye, my brothers, it's not only good-bye! Yes, we will see each other again, my brothers, it's not only good-bye.)

 

The End
~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]