Christmas with the Belpois’ by Kiwi Lee
[Reviews - 0]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
          Jeremie walked down stairs and looked around.

  

        “What Jeremie?” Yumi asked, seeing Jeremie.

  

        “Have you seen Aelita?” Jeremie asked.

  

        “No, last time I saw her was when Jay was leaving.” Odd said. “You don’t think..”

   

       “Sadly, yes I do.” Jeremie said, shaking his head.

  

        “What’s his car look like?” Ulrich asked as he looked out the window.

  

        “He’s got a red truck.” Jeremie said as he went over to the window with his friends. Outside they saw the red truck that belonged to Jay. “If Aelita’s in that truck, I’m gonna kill him myself.” Jeremie said as he headed outside.

  

        “We’re coming with you!” Yumi said as she, Odd, and Ulrich went out the door.

  

        “Where are you all going?” Mrs. Ishiyama called as she saw the children run out the door without jackets.

   

       The four made it threw the snow that had piled up during the past week and got to the truck. Jeremie opened the door and saw a drunk Jay about to rape Aelita. “Help!” Aelita cried as Jay was trying to get her clothes off. Already, the buttons on the front of her dress had been ripped off and her bra was showing.

         Jeremie and Ulrich pulled Jay out of the truck and threw him onto the snow covered ground. Yumi and Odd held Jay down to the ground as Aelita was helped out of the truck by Jeremie.

          “What on earth is going on here!?” Mrs. Della Robbia asked as she and the other mothers came out of the house, since all the fathers were off shopping for food. They saw Odd and Yumi holding down Jay as he was trying to get up and Aelita in Jeremie’s arms as he was trying to comfort her. Ulrich turned everything off in the truck and shut the door.

         “Jay tried to rape Aelita.” Odd said as he and Yumi brought him up to his feet and held his hands together behind him.

         “You did what!?” Mrs. Belpois asked as she walked over to her brother-in-law. She slapped him on his cheek. “How dare you! You know, that’s it. I’m tired of you. I’m calling the cops and you’re going back to jail.” She walked back into the house and pulled out a phone.

   

       “You know, I should just beat you up right here.” Ulrich said as he made his hand into a fist.

  

        Mrs. Belpois walked out of the house as Mr. Stern’s car pulled up with the men. Mr. Belpois got out and saw all the commotion. “What’s going on here?”

  

        “That’s what I was about to ask.” A man’s voice said as a police car pulled up. He parked on the street and he and his partner came out of the car.

         “Jay tried to rape Aelita.” Odd told them, venom in his voice.

  

        The police officer looked over to Jeremie and saw that the girl he was with was holding her dress together so that her chest wouldn’t show. “Is that true?”

         Aelita nodded her head, dry tears on her cheeks. Her hand flew to her mouth as she said, “Excuse me.” Aelita ran over to the other side of parked vehicles and doubled over, barfing. Jeremie went over to her.

  

        The police hand cuffed Jay as he started to sway. A moment later, he started to lean forward.

   

       They laid him down on the ground and saw green foam come out of his mouth. “He was poisoned.” The cop said as he looked at the foam. “Call for an ambulance.” He ordered his partner.

  

        His partner took the cb mike from his shoulder and said into it, “42 to dispatch, need 2 emergence meds at 1435 Sunrise Rd.”

  

        “10-4 42. Medic’s coming.” A female voice said from the other end.

  

        Aelita and Jeremie came back over to the group, Aelita not looking so well, and was only standing up by how Jeremie was holding her up.

  

        “Miss Aelita, when the medics get here, I’d like them to look you over, if that’s alright.” The partner asked as the cop was trying to get Jay to stay with them for longer.

  

        Aelita looked at Jeremie, who nodded his head. She looked back at the police man and said, “Sure. What happened to Jay?”

         “He was poisoned.” The cop said frankly. “We were wondering if you might have picked up some of that poison when he was with you.”

  

        Aelita’s face went blank as she realized what all was happening. Jeremie hugged her tighter. Sirens could be heard approaching. Two ambulances arrived and one took Jay straight to the hospital with a cop. The other one stayed so that they could check Aelita over. Jeremie helped her over to them and they looked her over. One of them took her blood and had it so that it could be tested for poison. Aelita leaned on Jeremie’s shoulder for support. Once they were done, everyone went back into the house and waited for the hospital to call back with any word about Aelita’s blood sample.

  

        Aelita went upstairs, with Jeremie’s help, and changed in new clothes. Jeremie turned on his heating blanket and looked at Aelita, who was leaning against the wall as she buttoned up her dress. “Aelita,” Jeremie said as he went over to her. “you need to get some rest. I’ll bring you up some milk and some bread.”

  

        “Alright Jeremie.” Aelita said, looking up at him. She smiled as he let her lean on his shoulder so that she could get to the bed. Once she was in bed and the blankets were up to her chest, Aelita looked into Jeremie’s eyes and said, “Thank you Jeremie.”

  

        “You’re welcome.” Jeremie said as he kissed her forehead. It was hot to his lips and he was worried that she might be caching something. Jeremie walked out of the room and shut the door. He went downstairs to find that everyone was gathered around the phone, waiting for the call.

         Jeremie went into the kitchen and got a glass with milk and a slice of bead for Aelita. Before heading upstairs, he grabbed a big Tupawear bowl, just in case nothing was agreeing with her at the moment.

         Jeremie opened the door to his room and saw Aelita still on the bed and in the same position as he left her in. She looked over his way and smiled as she sat up.

          She took the glass and drunk down the milk and ate the bread while Jeremie moved things off his nightstand so that he could sit the bowl down.

         Once she was finished with the glass, Jeremie asked, “Is there anything else you need?”

         “Yes, one thing.” Aelita said, smiling. “You.”

         Jeremie smiled as he sat down on the edge of the bed. He turned so that he could see Aelita’s face.

  

        Knock!

  

        “Good news.” Mr. Belpois said as he walked in. “Aelita’s blood didn’t have any poison in it at all. They think she was able to get rid of it all when she threw up.”

         “What’s that bad news.” Jeremie asked.

         “They think she’s got the flu or a cold.” He said.

         “That would explain a lot.” Aelita said as she yawned.

          “I guess I better leave you to get some sleep."

          “Jeremie.” Aelita said as he got up.

         “Yes?” Jeremie asked as everyone left the room.

         “Could you stay with me in till I fall asleep?”

   

       “Sure Aelita.” Jeremie said, sitting back down.
~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]