Bridge. by Izzeban
[Reviews - 7]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Code: Lyoko or any of its characters, properties, or any related matter. This work of fanfiction is purely for the intent of fun and is not intended to infringe on the owners in any way. No profit of any form is being made by this work of fanfiction.
It was raining unmercifully outside when Ulrich Stern snuck out of his Kadic dorm after-hours. He had noticed a voice message on his mobile phone from Odd that informed him of the current XANA situation. Upon arriving outside, he was blasted by a cyclone-like burst of rain and wind. The forecast had called for another sun-baked day in the current heatwave in the area.

"XANA..." Ulrich suspected aloud. He fought against the rain and wind to make his way to the sewers, where he would meet up with Jeremie. However, it was not an easy task. The combined force of the wind and rain saoked him and pushed him back. In this weather, hypothermia was all but certain. It felt like a hurricane was zoning straight in on him. Ulrich shielded his eyes with one arm and tried to balance himself with the other. He thought of how lucky the others were to get to the factory before this storm kicked in, and how he might be discovered if he didn't arrive quickly enough. It was, of corse, against Kadic rules to go out after-hours without special permission, let alone go out in this violent predicament. He hasily moved on, rain stinging his skin like needles.

"I'll get there soon..." Ulrich reassured himself.

~~~

/-ACCESS SOURCE BRIDGE.lyo
(-Accessed. Needs SOURCEEDIT.lyo to edit. Open?
YES_NO_
(-Welcome to Source Edit 4.0. Edit page 1?
YES_NO_
{-BORDER
{-CENTER
{-TEXT "Bridge 0.7 by Jack Fawzi" /-XT TEXT "Press "R" to begin


It seemed fitting that I update the Bridge program. The other end of this system is actually using it now. I wonder if its functions are working properly, and if the registry is okay on the other end.

/-PAGE NXT
(-You are editing Page 2.
/-DRAW button X1=200 Y1=100 X2=500 Y2=640
/-FIND VALUES REGISTRY and LIST X=50 Y=10
/-MAKE VALUES selectable
/-IF < 1 VALUES SELECT THEN make BUTTON selectable
/-IF BUTTON SELECT THEN COMBINE VALUES
/-REFER PAGE 3


The main function coding looks okay. Even though this code looks like enough to support the program, it isn't. Page 3 is full of codes to locate values in the system, and my guess is that the registry-harming code is in there. Hopefully no damage has been inflicted on the other end.

~~~

"I can't work the scanners!" yelled Jeremie, in frustration, to himself. The two values he had bridged had fixed his initial error problem: that the scanner registry entry was gone. The Bridge program had fixed this by using backup data to make a blank SCANNER.lyo file. A blank file had no values, so even though the error was gone, Jeremie couldn't use the scanners.

Aelita and Odd appeared from the elevator door and walked toward Jeremie.

"What's the holdup, Einstein?" inquired Odd. Aelita nodded in agreement with Odd's question.

"The machine is messed up," Jeremie replied. I just found this program in the interface. It merges values...I don't know the use of it, but all I know is that it deleted the scanner file."

"So...we can't be scanned?" asked Aelita.

"Exactly," said Jeremie. "This really sucks..."

A soaked Ulrich burst through the elevator door, looking extremely winded and tired.

Odd ran over and inquired if Ulrich was okay, to which he replied:

"There's a storm out there...it's like a hurricane...it almost blew me away...but then I got to the sewers, which were flooded to the brim...I had to wade my way over here. By the way...why are you here, and not in Lyoko? Where's Yumi?"

"I'd like to know that myself," Odd replied. "I left her a message but she hasn't answered."

Jeremie scanned the system for any traces of backup files to replace the scanner file. Nothing.

"This is bad..."
~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]