Worlds away from Home by Vchat20
[Reviews - 2]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Chapter 7: “Confusion Abound”

Our first view is over top Kadic academy. All of the students are now returning from holiday vacation. Next we see our young group hovered around the vending machines in the courtyard. Chad is currently MIA.

Odd: “So how was everyone’s vacation?”
Yumi: “Our’s was great. We had lots of fun.”
Aelita: “Oh. I almost forgot.”

Out of nowhere, Aelita leaps over to Jeremie and squeezes till he is almost out of breath.

Aelita: “Thank you for the gift Jeremie.”
Ulrich: “What gift?”

She then pulls out the necklace from behind her shirt to reveal a locket dangling at the end. She opens it to show to the rest of the group.

Odd: *with a smirk on his face* “Hello. Now what do we have here?”
Yumi: “When did you guys take this picture?”
Jeremie: “The first day she was materialized. On the way over to your house we got a little sidetracked.”

In a timely fashion, the school bell can be heard in the distance.

Jeremie: “There’s the bell. I think we should get to class now.”

The group then proceeds to walk off towards the school building.

In Mrs. Hertz’s classroom, we see the students starting to enter. As our younger heroes find their seats, they overhear some of the other students talking about Chad. But before they can get a word in on what’s going on, Mrs. Hertz enters the room and begins today’s lessons.

Later in the class period after lessons are done, Jeremie attempts to figure out what’s going on from one of the other students.

Jeremie: “Psst. What’s Chad been up to?”
Student: “You didn’t hear? He’s teaching the computer class.”
Jeremie: “He What!”
Mrs. Hertz: “Jeremie! Quiet down!”

At that point, the bell rings and all the students leave the classroom.

Outside the classroom, we see Yumi trotting down the hallway towards the rest of the group.

Yumi: “Did you guys hear about Chad?”
Odd: “Yeah. How did he become a teacher?”
Jeremie: “I don’t know, but we all have computer class next. Why don’t we ask him?”

As Chad notices the group walk in, he starts to get up from the desk.

Chad: “Oh...Hi guys. Sorry I couldn’t get around to talking to you guys this morning. I was busy getting things settled here.”

Ulrich: “What things?”
Chad: “I forgot to mention. Right before we all left for holiday break, I had touched base with Mr. Delmas and he happily gave me the position as student teacher for the computer lab. And no, I didn’t tell him anything about the factory or Lyoko. I just mentioned that I was sitting in on the class for a while as a research project and that’s why I faked my age.”
Jeremie: “Phew! I figured you had given away our secret."
Chad: “Well, class is going to start soon. Better take your seats."

The group proceeds to take their seats while the rest of the class enters the room and takes their seats.

Chad: “Hello Class. I’m Mr. Rains. I will be your new teacher for the remainder of the school year. You all have had a previous assignment you were working on so go ahead and continue working.”

The students get to work on the computers. Chad starts to walk over to Jeremie’s workstation.

Chad: “Jeremie. I want to talk to you in private outside. Class, Ms. Ishiyama will be watching the class till I get back.”

Outside the school in the courtyard…

Chad: “I have a pressing question for you. Would it be possible to get an internet link to my own world through the super computer?”
Jeremie: “Yeah. But why?”
Chad: “Do you think you could do it now.”
Jeremie: “Shouldn’t be that difficult with my current research.”
Chad: “Good. We should go now.”
Jeremie: “But Why?”
Chad: “I have something important I need to take care of. That’s all.”

The 2 then run off towards the factory.

Next, in the control room, we see Jeremie typing away at the super computer while Chad takes his usual seat on the holosphere while working on his laptop. There is currently a wire running from the super computer console to Chad’s laptop.

Jeremie: “Ok. Try it now.”

On the laptop screen, we see Chad click on a blue icon in the browser which resembles a XANA icon. Soon enough, a familiar site, Lyoko Freak, appears.

Chad: “Ok. It works. This will just take me a minute or two.”

In the browser, Chad pulls up the profile of 1 ‘TB3’ and clicks the private message button and proceeds to furiously type out a quick message:

Hey. I have an urgent message for you. Don’t ask me how it happened, but somehow I am in the CL universe. I have been here for well over a month now and I have since become good friends with Team Lyoko. Like I said, I don’t know how to explain it. All I know is that I was in my room watching a CL ep one minute, fell asleep, and awoke in a scanner with Team Lyoko hovering over me. Strange I know, but that’s how it happened. I will get back to you later. I have to get back to the school. Ciao!”

After that, he clicks the submit button, closes the browser, then his laptop. Then he and Jeremie proceed towards the elevator. Out of nowhere, we see the infamous red XANA icon on the super computer console followed by a specter emerging from the rear. This specter soon targets Chad and takes control of him. Before Jeremie could get away, XANA-Chad grabs Jeremie by his shirt collar and tosses him across the room, knocking him unconscious. Then XANA-Chad heads over to the console and types some commands producing a timer onscreen. He then proceeds towards the elevator.

Back in the computer lab: Everything seems calm, but then every computer has a large XANA icon on the screen followed by specter’s emerging from every machine. Everybody but the remaining member’s of Team Lyoko are taken over.

Yumi: “Uh…Oh…”

Yumi then quickly reaches for her mobile and tries to contact Jeremie, but no answer.

Ulrich: “I think we should get out of here now.”
Yumi: “Took the words right out of my mouth.”

The 4 then make a beeline for the door. Outside they try to look for Jeremie and Chad, but they are nowhere to be found. They turn around to see all the XANA-zombies following and keep running towards the factory.

Our next view is just as the 4 enter the elevator and head down to the lab. As the door opens and the group notices Jeremie unconscious in the corner, Aelita immediately goes running.

Aelita: “Jeremie! Are you alright?”

The group is now huddled over Jeremie.

Jeremie: groggily “…Aelita?...Chad…XANA has him…”
Aelita: pointing towards the other three “You go. I’ll send you in from here until Jeremie wakes up.”

With that note, the three return to the elevator while Aelita makes her way to the console.

Aelita: “Are you ready?”
Ulrich: “We’re ready.”
Aelita: “Ok. Scanner Ulrich, Scanner Yumi, Scanner Odd…Transfer Ulrich, Transfer Yumi, Transfer Odd…Virtualization!”

The three have now virtualized on Lyoko in the middle of the desert region.

Yumi: “I don’t see Chad anywhere. Can you locate him Aelita?”
Aelita: “No. He’s nowhere in Lyoko. That’s weird.”
Odd: as he points in the distance “But I see the activated tower.”

Back in the lab, Jeremie has woken up and is now standing by Aelita’s side.

Jeremie: “You go. I’ll be fine.”
Aelita: nods

Aelita hops out of the chair and heads to the elevator while Jeremie hops up in the chair.

Jeremie: “Aelita is on the way guys. I will try and locate Chad.”
Aelita: “Ok Jeremie. I’m ready.”
Jeremie: “Transfer Aelita…Scanner Aelita…Virtualization!”

Aelita swiftly arrives on Lyoko next to the rest of the group.

Aelita: waves “Hi.”
Yumi: “Jeremie, did you find Chad yet?”
Jeremie: “Not yet. Go take care of the tower first.”
Yumi: “If you say so.”

The group starts running towards the activated tower.

Ulrich: “That’s weird.”
Odd: “What?”
Ulrich: “We usually have monsters attacking us by now. But there’s nothing out here.”
Yumi: “I say we don’t give XANA any chances.”

The group finally reaches the tower. Ulrich, Odd, and Yumi hang back while Aelita enters the tower. We go through the usual animation of Aelita ascending to the console in the tower. Aelita’s name appears on the console.

Back in the lab on Jeremie’s screen, the familiar RTTP program with the globe and countdown timer appears.

Jeremie: shocked “What the?”

L-Y-O-K-O…

Jeremie: “Aelita! NO!”

Then the all too familiar RTTP starts and envelops the surrounding area of the factory.

~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]