Worlds away from Home by Vchat20
[Reviews - 2]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
The first view we see in this chapter is out deep in the forest where we see Yumi in the distance, alone, sitting at the base of a tree, sobbing. We switch views to the opposite side of Yumi and now look off towards the school where we see Ulrich in the distance, running towards Yumi. Yumi spots him out the corner of her eye and quickly wipes away the tears running down her cheek. Just then, Ulrich walks up and stops in front of Yumi, out of breath.

Ulrich: “What’s wrong? What did I do?”
Yumi: *quickly stands up* “You sounded just like my father! Interrogating everyone I get involved with!”
Ulrich: *shocked* “I…didn’t realize. It’s just that after the situations with Theo and William in the past, I get leery of newcomers. I…I…don’t ever…want anything…to come between us.”
Yumi: “Oh Ulrich!”

She then leaps into Ulrich’s arms and starts hugging him passionately. Just then, we spot Aelita in the distance running over. As the 2 notice this, they separate.

Aelita: “Are you two okay?”
Yumi: “Yeah. We sorted it all out.”
Ulrich: “Where is Chad? I want to apologize for what happened earlier.”
Aelita: “He left with Odd to go shopping for clothes.”
Yumi: “You really let him go alone with Odd?”
Aelita: “Oh. I’m sure he’ll be fine.”

The next scene is in a clothing store somewhere. We zoom in on a dressing room with Odd propped up against the wall just outside.

Odd: “Are you almost done in there? I would ask if you fell in, but there is no toilet in there.”
Chad: “Haha. Very funny.”

After a few moments, the dressing room door opens and out comes Chad. He is now wearing a long sleeved blue turtle-neck shirt, tan cargo shorts, and white tennis-shoes. He is also carrying a dark grey carry bag similar to Jeremie’s.

Odd: “You call that an improvement?”
Chad: “Considering that we found these misplaced in the teen section of the store, yes. Besides, I think they look cool. Remember, I'm 18, not 28.”
Odd: “So you are really going to stick with that outfit?”
Chad: “Yeah. Why not?”
Odd: “Ok. I can’t really stop you I guess.”

Next we see the two leave the department store and get on a bus that is conveniently stopped at the bus stop in front of the store.

Our next view is in Jeremie and Chad’s room. Jeremie, Aelita, Ulrich, and Yumi are already there. Jeremie is still at work on his computer, Aelita is sitting on the edge of Chad’s bed, reading a book, Ulrich and Yumi are sitting next to each other on Jeremie’s bed talking to each other. Next we see the door open and Odd is the first to enter and after a few moments, Chad enters. At this point, Jeremie stops his work and swivels around in his chair. Aelita closes the book she was reading and turns her attention towards Odd and Chad. Yumi and Ulrich turn their attention as well.

Chad: “So how do I look?”
Yumi: “You look good. A nice change from what you were wearing before.”
Aelita: “You look awfully familiar. I can’t really put my finger on it.”

Jeremie now stands up and walks up towards Chad as he scans him over.

All (but Chad and Jeremie): “Ahem.”
Jeremie: “What?”
Aelita: “I see the resemblance now.”
Chad: “What is it?”
Ulrich: “You and Jeremie look like twins.”
Yumi: “Just Chad is much taller.”
Aelita: “And their hair color is different.”
Ulrich: “Definitely!”

Both Chad and Jeremie scan each other over. They step back a few paces and finally notice the resemblance.

Ulrich: “Oh Chad. I want to-“
Odd: “We all better get going. Dinner time, and tonight is spaghetti and meatballs!”
Chad: “Later Ulrich. I’m starving!”
Odd: “Yeah. Let’s get down there before they run out of meatballs.”
Chad: “After You.”

Chad quickly stands up, grabs his carry bag and lobs the strap over his shoulder. He then follows Odd out the door. Both of them proceed to run down the hallway while everyone holds back.

Yumi: “Do you think he could be a clone of Odd as well?”
All: *laugh*

Later in the cafeteria, the whole group is found at a table by the window. Facing the window, ordered from the window inwards: on the left side are Jeremie, Aelita, and Odd. On the right side are Chad, Ulrich, and Yumi. We see Odd and Chad pigging out, nearly done with their second helping.

Chad: *trying to swallow his food* “So what did you want to say to me earlier, Ulrich?”
Ulrich: “Oh. I wanted to...uhm...apologize for what happened earlier. I really shouldn’t have been so rough on you. It’s just that after what has happened in the past, I get real leery of newcomers.”

Odd and Chad have finished their second helping. Odd gets up.

Odd: “Shall I get you another?”
Chad: “Nah. I’m good.”

Odd continues to take his plate and makes his way towards the cafeteria counter.

Chad: “Oh. Don’t think anything of it Ulrich. I completely understand.”
Ulrich: “I just wanted to make sure that you heard my side of the story first.”
Chad: *yawns* “Well. It’s getting late. I’m heading back. Ill see you all at school tomorrow. Goodnight.”
All: “Goodnight.”

Chad gets up. In one hand he grabs his carry bag and lobs the strap over his left shoulder. In the other hand he grabs his empty tray and proceeds towards the cafeteria counter. On the way he passes Odd and bids him Goodnight.

In our next scene we are back in Jeremie and Chad’s room. We see Chad sitting on his bed, Indian style, with the laptop in his lap and headphones on.

Chad: *bobs his head to the tune of ‘A World Without Danger’* “Do Do Do…Do Do Do…”

The door opens and Jeremie walks in to find Chad still awake and working away on his laptop.

Jeremie: “Figured you would be asleep by the time I got back.”
Chad: *looks up to see Jeremie and slips off his headphones* “What was that?”
Jeremie: “I said I thought you would be sleeping by now.”
Chad: “Yeah. Couldn’t get any sleep. Have had too much on my mind. By the way, what took you so long?”
Jeremie: *as he drops his carry bag on his bed and sits at the computer* “I had to check up on something at the factory. Just a false alarm though.”
Chad: “Speaking of which, I wanted to show you the outfit I was working on for Lyoko.”

Chad taps a few keys and soon a beep could be heard from Jeremie’s computer. Jeremie spins around in his chair and clicks an icon on the bottom of the screen. A character card pops up on the screen, but the camera view has changed to behind Jeremie so we can’t yet see the design on screen.

Jeremie: “You did this in the short time I was gone?”
Chad: “Yep. You Like it?”
Jeremie: “Looks good. So you think you can really be of some help on Lyoko?”
Chad: “Sure. And my weapon will be something to see, I assure you.”
Jeremie: “I bet.”
Chad: *yawns* “Well, I'm gonna try to get some sleep now. See you in the morning.”

Jeremie is still working on the computer. Meanwhile, Chad closes his laptop, removes his headphones, and puts them down at the foot of the bed in the corner. He then slips under the covers and proceeds to fall asleep.

Jeremie: “Goodnight.”
~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]