Worlds away from Home by Vchat20
[Reviews - 2]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
We flash forward to next Monday. Chad has already received his schedule and materials. The group is once again meeting outside the school in the courtyard. As we move in on the group, we see Jeremie and Chad sitting on the bench with Ulrich, Yumi, and Odd standing behind them looking over their shoulders. Chad has his laptop open and is showing some photos of his world to the rest of the gang. Some of these photos include those of Chad’s house, his car, and some scenic photos of some forests around his home. Soon enough, the bell rings and the gang starts heading towards the school. Chad simply closes his laptop, drops it into his backpack, and gets up and joins the gang.

Jeremie: “So where is your first class Chad?”
Chad: “I have history with Mr. Fumet.”
Yumi: “Oh really? That’s the same class I have.”

We next see the gang in a hallway in the school building. Ulrich, Odd, and Jeremie break off and enter a nearby classroom. Yumi and Chad continue off towards their class. Just then a teacher walks up to them.

Teacher: “Hello there. I haven’t seen you before. What is your name?”
Chad: “Chad Rains. I’m a transfer student from America.”
Teacher: “Go ahead to class Yumi.”

Yumi winks back to Chad as she continues towards class. Shortly after, the teacher and Chad head in the same direction.

Teacher: “Do you need any help finding your class?”
Chad: “My first class is history with Mr. Fumet.”
Teacher: “What a coincidence. I’m Mr. Fumet. I will introduce you to the class.”

Next we take Yumi’s point of view as she is sitting at a desk in the classroom staring at the door. Soon Mr. Fumet walks in with Chad behind him.

Mr. Fumet: “Good morning class. I would like to introduce you to our newest transfer student, Chad Rains. He came here from America.”

We now take a view form behind Mr. Fumet and Chad looking out towards the class

Mr. Fumet: “Feel free to choose your own seat Mr. Rains.”

Chad then looks over at Yumi who is patting the chair next to hers which is currently empty. Chad proceeds this way and as he sits down, he props his backpack up against the leg of the desk. At this point, Mr. Fumet starts his lectures for the day.

Yumi: “So Chad, you aren’t really 14 are you?”
Chad: “How could you tell?”
Yumi: “You seem too tall to be 14 years old. Really, how old are you?”
Chad: *whispers* “I don’t really want it to get out, but I'm really 18 years old. And I have done graduated High School already. I just figured that while I was here, I could take the easy route and start over in High school. This also allows me to stay close to you guys.”
Yumi: “That explains it. So what else should I know about you?”
Mr. Fumet: “Is there something you would like to share with the class, Yumi?”
Yumi: “No Mr. Fumet.”
Mr. Fumet: “Very well then.”
Chad: *as Mr. Fumet continues his lecture* “I will let you all know more after class today.”

Classes are now over. We are now outside where we see the younger members of the group (Ulrich, Aelita, Odd, and Jeremie) hanging out on the same bench as before. We see Ulrich closely staring at the school’s main entrance where we now see Chad and Yumi walking out together. Chad is carrying his backpack over his left shoulder and Yumi is carrying her stack of books close to her chest. Both are standing fairly close to each other and can be seen chatting about as they walk towards the rest of the group.

Ulrich: “Hmm.”
Odd: *stares down at Ulrich* “What is it this time Mr. Grumpy Gills?”
Ulrich: “It’s Chad. Are you sure you didn’t materialize him here just to torture me?”
Odd: “Oh sure. I would seriously know how to materialize someone from another universe let alone safely materialize you and Yumi.”

At that moment, Ulrich quickly glances up at Odd and gives him a demeaning stare. He turns back around just as Chad and Yumi stop in front of them. Everyone just stands there quiet for a second then Yumi jabs Chad in the side.

Chad: “Oh. I forgot that I wanted to tell you all the truth about me. But I can’t do it here. Let’s go back t our room and I can explain everything.”

Back in Jeremie and Chad’s room now. We see Jeremie the first one to enter, followed by Aelita, Chad, Yumi, Ulrich, and finally Odd. Jeremie proceeds to sit at the computer chair, Chad on his bed, Yumi next to him, Aelita on the bed on the other side of the room, and Ulrich and Odd stand propped against the now close door.

Chad: “Lets just get this out right now. I am not really a 9th grader. Actually, I’m 18 years old and am technically in college. The only real reason I faked being a 9th grader here at Kadic is to stay closer to you guys. Otherwise I would probably be forced to find a college around here to go to and it would be really difficult to stay in touch then.”
Jeremie: “So that explains why you are so tall.”
Yumi: “That’s the same reason I asked. Chad sticks out like a sore thumb in class.”
Ulrich: “So Chad. If that IS you real name. What’s going on between you and Yumi?”
Yumi: “Ulrich!”
Chad: “No Yumi, I can answer this one. Ulrich, there is nothing going on between us. We are in the same classes together and I’m in with your group now so we are obviously going to be close. I’m merely getting to know her as a friend, nothing more.”
Ulrich: “Whatever. I still don’t believe a word you are saying.”
Chad: “I’m also way too old to have any kind of relationship with Yumi. If I did, it would just be way too weird even for me. There is a 4 year age difference here.”
Ulrich: “There is just one problem with all of this: You have no proof!”
Chad: “Oh yeah?”

Chad then realizes something. He fishes into his back jeans pocket and pulls out a black fabric wallet. Inside that wallet is Chad’s driver’s license. He hands it over to Ulrich who then meticulously scans it over. He then throws it over to Chad who barely catches it.

Ulrich: *as Chad places the wallet back into his pocket* “Whatever. I’m still keeping a close eye on you.”
Yumi: “I can’t believe you Ulrich! Chad is just a friend! Get over it!”

Yumi then quickly gets up, shoves Odd and Ulrich out of the way, opens the door, leaves, and slams the door closed behind her.

Ulrich: “Yumi!”

Just then, Ulrich quickly exits the room following Yumi.

Aelita: “What was that all about?”
Chad: “I’ve seen it before. Ulrich is too overprotective of Yumi yet he won’t say anything to her.”
Odd: “You hit the nail on the head there. So you have a driver’s license. Do you also have a car?”
Chad: “Of course. You know when I was showing you guys those photos this morning? The blue car I showed you was mine.”
Jeremie: “That was yours? That’s a nice car.”
Chad: *after a moment of silence* “So what do you guys do for fun around here?”
Odd: “First things first. We need to get you some new threads. You seriously stick out like a sore thumb around here.”
Chad: “What’s wrong with these clothes?”
Odd: “You look like an old grumpy business man.”
Chad: “And that’s a bad thing?”
Odd: “You are supposed to be 14 years old. Yes, that’s a bad thing. So what do you say we all take you out to go shopping for new clothes?”
Jeremie: “I can’t. I’m going to stay here and continue my research on Aelita’s antivirus.”
Aelita: “I’m going to go see where Yumi and Ulrich went.”
Chad: “Be careful. I’ve seen how Ulrich can get when he becomes overprotective of Yumi.”
Aelita: “I will keep that in mind.”
Odd: *as Aelita leaves the room.* “So I guess that means just me and you, huh?”
Chad: “Guess so. Lead the way. You know where we are going.”

Odd leaves the room first. Chad just grabs his laptop and follows Odd.
~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]