Worlds away from Home by Vchat20
[Reviews - 2]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
Our first view in this chapter is in the sewers as we follow Odd, Ulrich, Aelita, and Yumi to the factory. As they start to cross the bridge, Ulrich fishes the cell phone out of his pocket and proceeds to call Jeremie.

Ulrich: “Jeremie, where are you? We need you at the factory.”

We are now back in the library where we see Jim watching over Jeremie.

Jeremie: *whispering* “Jim caught me guys. You will have to start without me.”
Ulrich: *back on the bridge* “But How?”
Jeremie: “Yumi knows the virtualization program. She can virtualize you, Odd, and Aelita until I get there. ”
Ulrich: “Ok. But please hurry.”

Ulrich hangs up and slides the phone back in his pocket. Flash forward to the control room.

Aelita: “Where is Jeremie?”
Ulrich: “Jeremie got caught by Jim. He said to start without him. He said you could virtualize us Yumi.”
Yumi: “But what about last time?”
Ulrich: “He wouldn’t have said anything if he didn’t trust you.”
Yumi: “…Ok. Get to the scanner room. I will start the process.”

The other three nod, enter the elevator and quickly make their way to the scanner room. In a few moments, all three have stepped into the scanners. Back in the control room, Yumi is reading over Jeremie’s book full of notes and typing various commands into the super computer.

Yumi: “Transfer Ulrich, Transfer Odd, Transfer Aelita…Scanner Ulrich, Scanner Odd, Scanner Aelita…Virtualization!”

The three arrive on Lyoko simultaneously. They arrive in the Forest region.

Yumi: “The activated tower is about 20 degrees North.”
Odd: “Any sign of any monsters? Or is XANA slacking off again?”
Yumi: “There’s nothing on the screen. All looks clear to the tower.”

Then out of nowhere, a large laser “wall” came out of nowhere and knocked Odd and Ulrich flat on their back. They soon realize this could only come from a megatank. As they quickly glance around, they find the magatank rolling in fast.

Ulrich: “Where did that come from Yumi?”
Yumi: “It’s not showing on the map. I don’t know where it is. You are down to 20 life points each. Be Careful!”

But before they could really get their bearings, Odd had already been hit a second time and was de-virtualized. Realizing that they were in trouble, Yumi only had one choice left. She proceeded to flip through Jeremies notes angrily and stopped on one page. Following the notes, she proceeded to type commands into the super computer which started up a minute long timer on the screen. She quickly got up and entered the elevator and proceeded to the scanner room. There she meets up with Odd.

Yumi: “I’m going in.”
Odd: “What?”

But before they could exchange any more camaraderie, Yumi had already stepped into a scanner; the door closed and had already started the virtualization process. Confused, Odd proceeds to the control room and sits at the computer to keep an eye out for the team.

Odd: “Ulrich, Yumi is on her way.”

But before he could look to see where she was, one of her fans appeared out of nowhere and hit the megatank head on in the target right before it was able to fully charge a laser attack.

Odd: “Nevermind.”
Aelita: “I see the tower.”

The three head towards the activated tower. As they arrive, Ulrich and Yumi stop short while Aelita proceeds on.

Odd: “Ok. I’m going to materialize you now. Jeremie’s notes are here.”

Odd proceeds to read through a page of Jeremie’s notes regarding materialization and cautiously types some commands into the super computer.

Odd: “Materialize Yumi, Materialize Ulrich.”

Back in the scanner room, we see all three scanner’s open. Yumi and Ulrich emerge from two of them, slightly weakened. The 3rd appears empty from a distance. Yumi and Ulrich approach.

Yumi: “Aelita? Are you ok?”
Odd: “Aelita is still on Lyoko. She just deactivated the tower.”
Ulrich: “What? Then who is in the 3rd scanner?”
~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]