Happy Days by Kiwi Lee
[Reviews - 0]

Printer
- Text Size +

          Ulrich Stern patted his pocket to make sure he had everything he needed. Smiling as he found that everything was where it should be, he walked out of the dorm room he had shared with his best friend, Odd Della Robbia, for about six years now.

          Ulrich walked downstairs and found that his friends were all there, waiting on him. Well, all but one in particular. Yumi Ishiyama, who had graduated a year before due to the fact that she was a year older than them.

          “Do you have the ring?” Aelita Stone asked, a big smile on her face as Jeremie Belpois took his arm from her waist.

          Ulrich nodded, his checks going red.

          “Why are you doing this at the Kikou’s concert?” Odd asked as they started on their way to pick up Yumi and head to the park were the concert was going to be. 

         The summer sun looking down on the four walking out of the gate. 

         “Where else would I?” Ulrich asked.

           “I could name a few…” 

         “Well, Ulrich wants to do it at the concert.” Aelita said, defending her friend.

          “Also, Yumi will not be expecting it at all.” Jeremie said, his hand back on Aelita’s waist.  

         Odd shook his head as they approached her house. She was already waiting for them at the gate and they went ahead to the park.

~~~  

        “Hey, I’m gonna get a coke, want anything?” Ulrich asked as he stud up from where they were waiting for the concert to start. 

         “I’m good.” Yumi said. 

         “Could you get me a coke?” Aelita asked.

          “Sure.” Ulrich said as he started to walk away. Odd got up and followed him. 

         Ulrich paid for the two drinks, his hands shaking. Odd saw and said, “It’s going to be alright.” 

         “But what if she says no.” Ulrich confessed to his fears in front of Odd.

          “Trust me, she will say yes.” Odd said. “Ever since that practice fight in Gym when she first got here she would’ve said yes and nothing’s changed.” 

         “How do you know about that?” Ulrich asked. 

         “You really think I was in the room when Kiwi destroyed it all?” Odd asked as the two headed back to their friends. “I was walking past and saw you two. I watched for awhile and then left to find that Kiwi had destroyed the room.” 

         They got to their friends and Aelita took her drink from Ulrich.

          Music started up and everyone stud up as Kikou took the stage. Dave took the mike and everyone stopped to hear what he had to say before the concert started.

          Ulrich reached into his pocket while Yumi was looking up at the stage and pulled out the case with the diamond ring. 

         “Before we begin tonight, a very important question has to be asked.” Dave said as a spot light moved from him and over to Yumi and Ulrich. “Yumi, will you marry Ulrich?” 

         Yumi looked over at Ulrich only to see that he was on his knee. In his hands was a ring. Yumi’s hands went straight to her mouth to cover it as she had no idea what to say. 

         Every eye was on them, even the camera’s.  

         Yumi slowly lowered her hands and said, “Yes.” 

         Ulrich got up and put the ring on her finger before hugging her.           Everyone in the crowed cheered for them, excepted for one girl with black hair at the back of the crowd. Sissi Delmas. Tears were going down her cheeks as she realized that she would never have a chance at Ulrich again. Her hands clenched into fists.

          “Now!” Dave said as he put the mike on the stand. “Are you ready to party?!”  

        “YES!” everyone cried from the crowd. 

         “I can’t hear you!” Dave said as he strummed his guitar.  

        Yumi looked at Ulrich and said, “Yes.” As she went to kiss him on the lips, taking him by surprise as she put passion into the kiss.

The End

~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]