Code: Harkness by Trickster88
[Reviews - 0]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Torchwood fans give me a shout!

Shippo BETA's, so thanks again!

NOTE: The next few chapters will not be very funny unless you are familiar with Torchwood, but for those who are not familiar the Torchwood team will eventually have to explain themselves, so think it as part of the mystery.

Course, you could always Google it, but where's the fun in that?
Chapter 2

Ulrich knocked softly on Ms. Hertz's door. Jeremy smiled gratefully at him as Sissi jumped to answer it.

"Ulrich!" She grinned at him in a shark-like way, but he ignored her, gently helping  Jeremy into the room.

"I'm so sorry I'm late Ms. Her-hey." Jeremy cut off, pushing his glasses back up onto the bridge of his nose as he and Ulrich made it through the door Sissi promptly shut after them.

"I'm Ms. Sato." A slim Asian woman greeted them. She wore a white lab coat like Doctor Harper and thick rimmed glasses. "Why are you late?"

"Where's Ms. Hertz?" Ulrich asked firmly, ignoring her question. Ms. Sato looked nervous.

"She's away on holiday." There was a moment of tension where Ulrich refused to back down, unwilling to break eye contact. But it ended.

"I twisted my ankle this morning. Ulrich helped me to the nurse. I apologize for our tardiness." Jeremy said, giving Ulrich a look. Ulrich sighed and relented, leading him to a desk.

"Owen." Ms. Sato muttered, before walking back to her desk. Ulrich made his way to his, next to Yumi. He glanced back at Jeremy, whose face was contorted in pain. Jeremy saw Ulrich's gaze and quickly wiped the emotion off his face, settling for a carefully neutral expression. Ulrich jerked his head towards Ms. Sato, who had her back to them, copying an advanced problem on the board.

Jeremy shrugged a shrug that obviously said, "Coincidence?"

Ulrich nodded reluctantly, not entirely sure. Two new teachers in a day?

Yeah. Just coincidence. Sure.

***

"Have you seen the new secretary? Hot!" Odd sang the last word as the small group of four crossed the courtyard. Jeremy was leaning on Yumi while Ulrich munched on one of her spare power bars. He swallowed hastily.

"Ms. Weber is out too?" Ulrich asked sharply. Odd nodded, only slightly taken aback by the sudden change in mood. He knew Ulrich too well.

"Yeah. Mrs. Cooper replaced her. Too bad she's married." Odd sighed, looking dejected. He bounced right back.

"New nurse, new science teacher, and a new secretary." Yumi ticked off her fingers as they reached the other side of campus. She passed Jeremy off to Odd. "Not suspicious at all."

"Do you think it's Xana?" Odd asked, concerned. Jeremy shook his head, leaning heavily on Odd.

"They don't act like the clones, or hosts. Then again, maybe he perfected the personality bugs...or maybe our teachers are on vacation..."

"Yeah, at the same time." Ulrich snorted, tossing his wrapper into a nearby waste bin.

The group stood in silence for a moment, each working through the options. Was it Xana? And why did this time seem different from other attacks?

They knew why. The 'clones', if they were clones, acted real. They were people. Or so it appeared.

"We're going to be late for class." Yumi said, dragging Ulrich towards Gym. Hopefully Jim wouldn't be on 'vacation'.

Then again, maybe they should be wishing for the opposite...

Jeremy exchange a glance with Odd, blushed, and began to shuffle forward to math.
Chapter End Notes:
Comments are appreciated!
~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]