Silent Tears by Jaine
[Reviews - 3]

Printer
- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Code Lyoko and any of the name and characters.

 

 Like I said in the summary, this is my first fan fic so hold on tight while the ride begins. I actually wrote this a long time ago but never go to posting it because FF.net was not letting me and so... I would greatly appreciate constructive criticism.

 

 

Silent Tears  by Jaine

Yumi walked through Kadic’s school gates. She was late. So late she had missed breakfast. Well, at least I’m not hungry.

“Hay Yumi, did you make muffins again?” Odd asked.

Odd, always thinking about food. “Sorry guys… uh…I woke up late.”

Aelita looked up something seemed wrong with Yumi; like she was hiding something.

Bring

As they walked to their classes Aelita asked, “Yumi, are you feeling okay?”

Yumi stopped walking. Can they tell? “A… everything’s… a fine.”

Aelita stared at her friend. Something was definitely up.

Yumi sighed and pushed her food around wit her fork. “You guys,” her lip trembled, “I’m going outside.”

Odd smiled goofily, “Can I have the rest of your lunch.”

“Yah, sure, whatever.” Yumi called over her shoulder not bothering to turn and face her friends.

After a few moments Aelita said, “Have you notice that Yumi’s been off today?”

“Yah,” answered Ulrich, “she seems kind of depressed.”

“Im nu sing”

“Odd, don’t talk with your mouth full. It’s gross.” Jeremy reprimanded.

“Well I’m going to see if I can find out what’s wrong.”

“Okay, good luck Aelita,” Ulrich called as she left the table.

            “Hay Yumi, where you going in such a hurry,” called Sissy’s obnoxious tone.

“Why don’t you mind your own business, Sissy,” Yumi shouted, “Why can’t you leave me alone.”

“Oh my Yumi, what a temper you have there. Don’t you know? Ulrich loves me,”

“Yah, that’s what you think,” Yumi countered as she fled into the forest.

Yumi didn’t look where she was going. She didn’t have to, her feet knew the way. When she reached an old tree she quickly stuck her hand in a whole in the truck and pulled out her diary.

Dear Diary,
            Why does everything in my life have to go wrong? Last night dad told Hroki and me mom was sick. I can’t stand the pain, but I mustn’t cry. I have to stay strong. Why? Why does this happen to us?

Yumi looked up and say Aelita coming toward her.

“Yumi, what’s wrong?” When she spoted tear silently running down Yumi’s face she bent down to hug the older girl.

“Aelita,” Yumi sobbed into her friends dress, “I can’t take it any more. Everything is messed up”

Flashback

“Yumi, Hroki, can you come down her for a minute.” Mr. Ishiama called
Once down stairs there dad pointed to a couch, “Can you take a seat.”
One look at her dad told Yumi everything, “Dad where’s mom, is she alright?”
“Well… she’s a… in the…a hospital,” it wasn’t easy but he’d said it.
Yumi stared at the wall blankly. What moms in the hospital? She’s sick? She looked down and noticed Hroki was crying. “Hroki, come here,” she called gently to her brother, “Its going to be all right.” Together they sat on couch until it was getting dark. Yumi looked up her dad was gone. “Hroki, lets go up to my room. I’ll read you a story and we can get ready for bed.”
Yumi opened her eyes. Last night had been long. She spotted Hroki on her bed. We must have fallen asleep will I was reading. She shook her brother awake, “Come on, sleepy head. It’s time to get ready for school.
After Yumi got dressed for school she went down stairs. He had left her a note telling here he had to go to work, she was to take Hroki to school, and there was lunch money on the table. Grea, dad, fine time to leave. Yumi went to the bottom of the stair and yell, “Hroki, hurry up we need to leave in ten minuets. I’m taking you to school.
“I’m coming,” Hroki called back.
On the way to school Yumi told Hroki, “Be good, remember Carter’s mom is picking you up.” After Hroki was dropped off, Yumi head to Kadic. She was late. So late she had missed breakfast.
Present Time

 

“Oh, Yumi, why didn’t you tell us?” Aelita asked.

“I couldn’t, I just couldn’t”

 

~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]