100 Rebellion (The End Trilogy, part 3) by 5CarthageRocks
[Reviews - 6]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +

Chapter 1- Aftershock (10.08.07)

The Skid raced out of the entrance gate.

“Whew!” Aelita said, relaxing at the controls. “That was a close one.”

 

Ulrich, Odd, and Yumi were still in a daze. “What just happened?” asked Ulrich.

 

“I caused an explosion from the Skid by regenerating the shield with a bug that caused it to explode,” Aelita answered, not sure herself how they had pulled their escape off so well. “XANA currently think, or should think, that we’re dead right now.”

 

“Do you think they saw the splash when we dove into the Digital Sea?” asked Yumi.

 

“Hopefully they didn’t.” Aelita began pressing buttons. “I’m regenerating the Skid’s energy from a direct link to the supercomputer. But unfortunately, I’m going to have to disable the sonar and all of the tracking devices Jeremie and I installed in the Skid.”

 

“Why?” Odd asked, even though he knew it was a stupid question.

 

“So that XANA won’t be able to track us,” Aelita replied. “But even though we can expect William to stay on Lyoko, we need a cover. Or a hideout.”

 

“A hideout?” Odd asked incredulously. “Aelita, it sounds like we’re bandits. Or robbers. Or criminals.”

 

“To XANA, we are,” Ulrich said. “Wait…Aelita?”

 

“Yes, Ulrich?”

 

“What if we go back to Dad’s Replika?”

 

Aelita pondered the thought. “It sounds like a good idea. Dad never destroyed it as a precaution to a situation like this. I think Dad redesigned the Replika so that it now has a hangar for the Skid. And XANA was never able to gain access to it again after Dad reinforced it with higher security measures. Plus there’s a tower there if we need it, for whatever reason.”

 

“So what are we waiting for?” Odd asked. “Let’s go! And Aelita-”

 

“Wait, Odd,” Yumi interrupted, “there’s one more thing. What if Jeremie and Franz survived this long, and what if they don’t find us with our disabled trackers?”

 

Aelita pondered the thought. “I can try to set a trace from the supercomputer, but it may be risky if XANA gains complete control over the supercomputer.”

 

“Why not just leave a trace to the Replika?” Ulrich asked. “XANA wouldn’t find it strange for a link to be made to Dad’s Replika, Dad being the one that created it.”

 

“We might as well,” Aelita said. She was just worried that Jeremie and Franz hadn’t survived.

 

Aelita pushed the joysticks forward. The Skid rose and blasted toward the Hub.

 

---

 

Jeremie and Franz ran out of the corridor panting.

 

“I can’t believe we made it,” Jeremie said, collapsing.

 

Franz kneeled down as well. “Neither can I.”

 

Jeremie turned to Franz. “What exactly did you do again?”

 

Franz adjusted his glasses. “I activated the tower on my Replika to create two polymorphic specters of us. Fortunately XANA took the bait.”

 

Jeremie laid down on his back. As he had cast a backward glance at his clone while he was running toward the corridor, he had imagined himself in his clone’s place. Unmoving. Vulnerable. Dead. Helpless.

 

Franz slowly got up. “We should get back to the lab. The others will probably need us.”

 

Jeremie got up with Franz’s help. Jeremie finally stood up on two legs. “Okay. Let’s go.”

 

---

 

The Skid shot out of the Hub. Aelita glanced around. “No monsters, from what I can see.”

 

“Aelita?” Odd asked.

 

“Yes, Odd?”

 

“I was meaning to ask you after we left Lyoko. Why is the Network red?”

 

Sure enough, their surroundings had a red theme.

 

“Has XANA already found us?” Odd asked. “The Network was red when we got here.”

 

Aelita shook her head. “I don’t know Odd. That’s a good question. And without sonar, there’s a high chance he can take us by surprise.”

~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]