Code Element by GarageKid
[Reviews - 4]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +

News

 

Yumi was still fast asleep that Sunday morning. No school, No XANA attack, just a nice cool autumn morning, Akamaru slept at her feet, normally he slept in Kiba’s room, but when Kiba got up in the morning, Akamaru came into her room.

“Yumi, wake up sleepy head.” Kiba said coming into her room. Akamaru lifted his head in greeting before laying it back down on the bed. Yumi turned to her side with her back to Kiba.

“Come on, it’s almost noon and your still sleeping? Wake up. You got something in the mail yesterday.” Kiba said shaking Yumi awake.

“Ok, ok, I’m up.” Yumi said. Kiba handed her the envelope She took it and sat up in the bed. Akamaru pulled his head up to watch her as Kiba walked out.

“Oh, and you better not fall asleep again.” Kiba warned as he walked out the door. Yumi looked at the return address to see who it was from, to her surprise, the letter was from Japan and the return address was familiar. She opened it and unfolded the paper and read it silently.

Dear Yumes,

I haven’t seen you in a while, well, more like two years. Things have been lonely with out you here. No one really cares too much about who’s gone and who’s here, funny how rumors go around so quickly if no one cares. I heard about your mom from Mr. Inuzuka, remember him? He was Hige’s dad that ran the Rodmen shop down the street, and Hige was who Kiba would hang around with. Iruka even remembers you. I don’t have to tell you who he is, you should remember him. I guess I was really lonely without you around, you know, but that’s not why I wrote to you. I got a scholarship so I’ll be coming to France to go to school as a boarder at Kadic. Kiba told me that was where you where going, I hope you don’t mind. Never thought I could even get a scholarship without parents, after all my mom and dad died in war ten years ago now, and you know living alone sucks unless you have someone to hang around with. Well, I’ll see you as soon as I get to France, hope to see you there.

Your Old and Good Friend,

Daisuke

Yumi nearly jumped out of her bed reading his name. Daisuke had been her best friend back in Japan before she had to move. She moved to France when she was 13 after moving all over before. She had known Daisuke since she was 6. She hopped out of bed, got dressed, and headed down stairs. Kiba looked up at her.

“Well someone has a bit more bounce in there step today.” Kiba stared. “What was the letter about?”

“Daisuke, he got a scholarship and is coming to Kadic.” Yumi said as Kiba frowned.

“What about Ulrich? isn’t he going to, ya know, feel jealous about you being around a guys like Daisuke?”

“Don’t worry I’ll talk to him before Daisuke shows up, no problem.” Yumi said. She walked out the door headed to the school.

“Hey, be back for dinner, and don’t go smooching Ulrich all night.” Kiba called.

“Yeah, as long as you tell Danielle you like her already.” Yumi said leaning on the door frame.

“I can’t today me and dad go fishing.” Kiba said. “Hiroki’s comin’ too, dad thinks the father/son time’ll take our minds off the last months disaster. He didn’t thinks you’d be interested.”

“And I’m not. Enjoy your fishing trip, see you at dinner.” Yumi said walking out the door. Kiba went back to packing for the trip, hoping Yumi wouldn’t forget.

*** Kadic School Yard ***

The brownish blonde hair of the new boy drew attention from all of the teenaged cheerleaders. Even Sissi stopped to look at the new Japanese hottie. He wore white sneakers with a light blue trim, white slightly baggy jeans, and a light blue short sleeve shirt with a wide turtle neck collar. To top off the outfit, was a headband made of dark blue fabric with a metal bar on the middle with the symbol of his old village on it. His blue colored eyes looking around the new area. Sissi walked up to him.

“Hello there, I don’t think we’ve met, I’m Sissi the principal’s daughter.” Sissi said.

“Well, I’m looking for someone at the time, so if you don’t mind.” The boy said trying to get by her.

“That’s rude of you to just walk by without a friendly conversation.” Sissi said.

“Look, I’m rather busy getting my dorm, unpacking, and all. I even told you I was trying to find someone. In my culture, It’s rude to distract someone to there plans.” The boy said looking annoyed.

“At least tell me who your looking for, I might know them.” Sissi said.

“Well, oh what the hell, I’m looking for Yumi Ishiyama.” He said.

“Interesting.”

~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]