After the fact by Merrell, Zeratul Luke
[Reviews - 0]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Second part is in Odd's point of view.

Outside, a conveniently placed telephone pole provided minimal protection from the increasing rain. Zeratul didn't like this storm. "This lighting's going off way too much...either the Earth core's stopped moving or someone's pissed.”

Closing his eyes, Zeratul tired to block out the constant booms and cracks of the rising weather and focus. It had been a while since he'd needed to do this and the greatest threat to any skill is time his creator had told him . . . the nice one anyway, the others just yelled a lot. With a mental command, the mechanics activated and he was gone. Anyone watching would have a flash like lightning and thought fearfully that it hit darn close to the cafeteria.

Falling to the forested ground, Zeratul collapsed in a mangy heap next a tree, "Of course, now I remember why I try to avoid doing that … it sucks!" he shouted in anger, massaging his stomach, already queasy. Biting back the need to hurl, he instead out his head to the ground, listening for him, for XANA, "Where are you? My ticket home." 

------------------------------------------------------------------ 

Of course I was gonna laugh. If someone that I hadn’t seen in a while called my friend a mortal fool I was gonna laugh.

At breakfast on Friday, Ulrich had apparently said something that made Yumi unsure of some things. Not things you want to be unsure about. She had dashed outside, and Ulrich went after her. A few minutes later they came back in. Ulrich stopped at the doorway, apparently looking at something. I followed his gaze. He was looking at someone we had not seen in a while. William was sitting at a table not too far away from the door.

“William?” said Ulrich.

William had not noticed Ulrich until he said something, but when he did, William looked over at him, put on an evil smile, and said, “Greetings, mortal fool.” That’s when I laughed. Apparently it was too loud because Ulrich gave me a death glare and a very rugged guy over at the next table started observing me very closely. He looked like he had been up all night.

Yumi had followed Ulrich back into the cafeteria. “W-William?” She usually doesn’t stammer. She must have been thinking about him earlier. “What are you doing here?”

A guy who was a bit shorter than Ulrich sat down at William’s table. He had a slice of pepperoni pizza. For some reason or another, they were having pizza for breakfast today. He was wearing a white tee shirt, black jeans, and white sneakers. He had black hair was kinda like William’s but a little more spiky. He started whispering to William. I couldn’t hear him. They then headed outside. They stopped right next to the window. I was sitting at the table over from the open window, and they apparently didn’t know it was open, because the other guy began to speak. I couldn’t make out much, “William you idiot, you … cover. They know your … you there gonna figure out that I’m … going!” He walked away. William looked into the window at Yumi and said something, but I couldn’t hear it.

Chapter End Notes:
Next cahpter is going to be another one of Kalto's journal entries.
~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]