A Young Wolf's Rain by GarageKid
[Reviews - 1]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +

Yumi and Ulrich walked back to the school grounds. Yumi kept stopping as if she could hear, smell, something. Everything came together after a howl was heard followed by a bunch of other howls. Yumi grabbed Ulrich by the arm and started to ran through the grounds, faster then Ulrich ever seen.

"What's wrong?!" Ulrich asked as he was pulled over to the empty science room. (It was 7:30 at night) Yumi stopped to smiff the air before jolting in the science building, up the stairs and to the roof. As they reached the roof, Yumi pushed one of the heavy blocks to block the door.

"Yumi, what's wrong?!" Ulrich scold.

"Their coming." Yumi said as a pack of wolves surronded Kadic. One caught Yumi's eye, Tonsa, a brown wolf. She lead the pack.

"Follow her Domestic Scent." Tonsa commanded the pack as they all went into human forms and ran around Kadic.

"This isn't good. There going to kill the others." Yumi said starting to go into full panic. "This never would have happened if they killed me years ago."

"Calm down." Ulrich said but it didn't help.

"I can't all of Kadic is going to find out I'm half wolf. I'll be rejected like all the other times. And more people are going to die!" Yumi started walking back and forth. "They're going to kill everyone! And I'm not strong enough to stop them. Nothing's worth fighting for anymore." Ulrich could see red flash in his vision as he stood up and slapped her across the face.

"Snap out of it! No one's going to die. And what do you mean 'nothing's worth fighting for' huh?! Aren't your friends something to fight for? Am I something to fight for huh?!" Ulrich yelled and then covered his mouth after finishing the last sentence. "Yumi?"

"I needed that." Yumi begain putting a hand up to her cheek. "And yeah you all are worth fighting for, but I can't do it."

"Why can't you?" Ulrich asked at first putting his hand up, Yumi jolted back thinking he was going to slap her again. Instead he just mover her hand so he could look at the damage he had done. Her cheek was a little red, and he was sure it stang, but it wasn't going to leave a bruise.

"Ulrich, for a wolf, I can't kill. I never killed, I have a dog's nature. I'll never kill anything. But that's the biggest weakness I can have. If I don't kill, I'll never make it as a wolf." Yumi said. "I could kill to live, but I can't kill for no reason."

"What do we do about the pack?" Ulrich asked.

"Beware of it." A wolf voice said. The two turned to see a light brown, stocky, wolf. "I have no permission to kill you, Yumi, but I can shake your little friend here up." Yumi was frozen as the wolf ran up, grabbed Ulrich by the back of his shirt and jumped off the roof toward the woods.

"ULRICH!" Yumi yelled as she changed into wolf form and jumped off the building, landing on her feet, and ran after him. She hid herself away in the trees as they reached where Tonsa was. Jeremie, Odd, and Aelita where tied to seporate trees.

"Ulrich, you OK?" Odd asked.

"Yeah fine." Ulrich said as he was tied up.

"Let me go!" A young boy's voice yelled, One of the pack members had Hiroki, and handed him to Tonsa, who had changed into her human form.

"Hiroki, mind telling me where your coward of a sister is hiding?" Tonsa asked but didn't give him a chance to answer. "If she doesn't show up, your life will be the one she pays with." Tonsa said holding up a knife to Hiroki's neck.

"What do you have against Yumi?" Ulrich asked angerly.

"She made a mockery out of my pack. Now I'll make her pay." Tonsa said.

"Didn't I already pay?" Yumi's voice asked as she jumped down from the tree in human form. "You killed Toboe....Hige....Tsume....Kiba....Blue all of them are dead and you want to take more lives?"

"They got in the way before." Tonsa said. "Now be a good dog and don't move."

"If you're such a proud wolf, Why do you go into human form?! Just to kill me?! That's lower then any dog could go!" Yumi said.

"Hold the Hiroki boy." Tonsa told the other girl as she made a move that told Yumi she was going to kill Hiroki. Yumi moved into wolf form and pushed Hiroki out of the way, causing the knife to cut her back.

"You asked for it!" Tonsa said as the wolf got back into wolf form. Both clashing in a bloody battle. Both letting out a fair amount of yips and growls. Blood started to pour out like oil on the grass field. Yumi was able to land a deep bite in Tonsa's back, only to be countered by a bite to her own back, splating blood over Ulrich, sady he was too close to the fight. Aelita looked very frightened, Jeremie and Odd as well. Ulrich showed more of it after he got a bit of the blood. Hiroki was paralized in fright as the battle went on.

"Yumi!" The gang cried out as Yumi was able to hit Tonsa's weakest spot, a deep bite to the stomach as Tonsa jumped up to try and attack her. Tonsa turned and started to retreat with her pack. Yumi got her fair share of bites and scratches. She turned and untied everyone before retreating to human form, her clothes bloody, but not ripped in any way, which suprised the gang.

"That one was for Toboe!" Yumi yelled at Tonsa, who was still in hearing range. Yumi turned to her friends.

"Are you OK?" Aelita asked.

"Yeah." Yumi said. "I have to get home."

"I'll walk you." Ulrich said as he started forward next to Yumi.

"We'll see you tomarrow Yumi." Aelita said and ran for her dorm.

"She's still alittle scared." Jeremie said as he and Odd walked to the boys' dorms. As Ulrich and Yumi started toward her house, Ulrich noiticed Yumi was a bit clumsy on the first few steps.

"Just for the record, Ulrich, when you say 'I'll walk you' it sounds like your talking to a dog." Yumi said.

"OK, I'll try not to make that mistake if it bothers you." Ulrich said.

~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]