Darkness resounds by metrunui1
[Reviews - 2]

Printer
- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
When the Moon Awakens her blood shall boil, and darkness will fall.
Man! Why did we have to move here of all places, I thought, why did we have to move to a place where it gets cold? School had always been hard for me and now it got worse because we just had to move somewhere cold. I slid into my seat pulling out a notebook and a book I had been reading, when I heard the classroom door open and a scent wafted towards me. My head snapped up and my gaze narrowed on the student that walked in. He was taller than me by a few inches, he had short dirty blonde hair, and his eyes were a pale grey. The one thing about him that stood out when I took an involuntary deep breath was his scent. The first phrase that went through my head was Oh Shit, a vampire!!!
I was instantly on alert and fearful of him. Why are there vampire's here? Why did I have to have a fang in my class? He'll kill me the instant he catches my thoughts or scent! I thought fearfully. I turned my attention back towards the front, hoping he would ignore me. Somehow I knew he wouldn't and then he started talking to me about the book series I was reading. I talked back to him for a while, but it was hell for me not to lunge at his throat. It was hell on my control when all I could hear was the blood running through veins, the thousands of beating hearts in the school compound. It was hard to control bother sides of the hunter in me. The wolf side wanted to lunge at the fang's throat and tear it out.
After about a week of school I was able to control my paranormal sides a little more, but the wolf still lay close to the surface. Waiting. Ready to spring if it was threatened. The color of my eyes when the wolf side was close is usually a deep honey-like yellow, making my eyes seem like they were constantly shifting from my deep brown to amber. Shockingly no one, not even the fang in my class, ever noticed. The fang kept talking to me, no matter how little I talked back; it was as if he was trying to get himself killed. I was shocked and amazed at how human the fang acted and how he was able to control his thirst around so many humans. I was even more amazed that he hadn't attacked me yet, it was almost as if he was human! I didn't want to be friends with another human, least of all friends with a vampire. I was doing horrible in school I couldn't concentrate on the work, all I could think about was controlling myself and not lunge for the nearest human to feed off of or tearing the throat out of every vampire at school and lap up their blood. The beating of the thousands of hearts was driving me insane, haunting my every moment. The thousands of appeasing scents drifting past me every second seemed to physically pull at me, tempting me to feast on the poor mortal that was closest at hand.
Days were hard, but night was harder, every night the moon would call to me. I wanted to shift, drop this useless mortal shell and run. I wanted to feed too, my darker side shifting ever closer with the waxing moon. The thought of the vampire in my class didn’t help, because the thought of gutting him and feeling the warm blood dripping from my fingers made me want to shift all the more. It was funny, because even though most humans avoided me, he seemed to mind my dark aura. I had tasted Vampire blood before, it was bitter, but had more of a punch to it than normal, human blood. I felt like if either he stopped talking to me, or I was going to end up killing him. I felt a tremor rush down my spine at the thought, the first stages of the Change coming over me, I stomped on them, not here, not now. The grinding pain slowly ebbed from me, leaving me tired. I looked out my bedroom window, Soon I told my wolfish side Very soon.
~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]