Aelita's Story by mirawriter
[Reviews - 3]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This chapter is pretty much the same, though getting into the mood. Thanks for the reviews, people! I'm happy! And when I'm happy, I tend to update.

“WHY is XANA obbsessed with our destruction?” sighs Odd, as the others watch the mist, hypnotized by the sight of something so evil. Then Jeremie reminds the group:

 

            “We’d better get to the factory!” So they run off, as Aelita calls her mother while running after her friends.

 

            “Mom! XANA attack! You should test your new profile!” Amerald has gotten a profile, an empty one. When she gets in the scanner it will be decided what she looks like.

 

            Unfortunately, Amerald is on strict duty, reading a man his rights. She sighs. The man tries to escape, but the officer grabs his wrist.

 

            “Not now honey. I’ll try to get there as soon as possible! Go without me.” She turns off her cell. “Now then, Mr. Yetzim. You have the right to remain silent, anything you say or do can and will be used against you in court of law.” Then, a black mist drifts toward the man. “Oh god.” Then, before Amerald can move, the ghost possesses the man. The XANA symbol flashes in his eyes. Frantically, Amerald yells into her walkie talkie: “Backup! I need backup at 453 Rainbow Court…urgently!” She ducks a spark of energy. XANA, a virus, operates through electricity, so he can use electric sparks as a weapon on Earth.

 

            Meanwhile, Aelita is climbing the ladder to the scanner room, with Yumi, Ulrich, and Odd behind her. Ulrich will go first, the others after him. As Ulrich steps into the a scanner, Jeremie starts the virtualization process:

 

            “Transfer, Ulrich. Scanner, Ulrich…Virtualization!” Jeremie hits the enter key and Ulrich lands on Lyoko, in his usual Samurai attire.

 

            “It’s clear,” he tells Jeremie. Satisfied, the boy genius virtualizes the rest. Then, the supercomputer gets a call from Amerald Hopper.

 

            “Jeremie! XANA has possessed a criminal, a man accused of child abuse. And he’s chasing me! Help!”

 

            “Come to the factory, Amerald! Hurry, the others are on Lyoko! When you get to the elevator, press the buttons 2637253! It’s your identity code!”

 

            “Jeremie, it’s not that easy! He’s gaining on me, he grabbed a bike!”

 

            “Argh!” Jeremie pounds his fists on the keyboard. Then he tells the people on Lyoko: “One of you has to come in, Amerald is in trouble.”

 

            “I’ll do it,” volunteers Ulrich. After consent from Jeremie, Odd fires a laser arrow at Ulrich, devirtualizing him.

 

            “Jeremie, I’m around Westination Corner! He’s- I’m too out of breath- oh no! My cell!” There is a breaking noise on the other end, and Jeremie tells Ulrich:

 

            “Westination Corner, and fast!” Ulrich takes off, typing ‘857425’ into the elevator.

 

            Meanwhile on Lyoko, the group is having some trouble. “Energy field!” yells Aelita, and hits a hornet monster. It implodes. Yumi throws her Geisha fans.

 

            “Hiyah!” The fans, traveling boomerang-style, hit a crab, but then she’s devirtualized by a tarantula hitting her from behind. Now, it’s only Odd and Aelita.

 

            Amerald takes a hit of energy, tripping and falling onto the sidewalk, breaking her wrist. She clutches it; one of the unpleasant things about Earth is the pain. Mr. Yetzim advances on the officer, sending more sparks of energy. Amerald lies on the ground in pain, curling up, waiting for it to stop. Then, it stops. Amerald looks up to see Ulrich throwing a spinning back-kick at the XANAfied man.

 

            “Thank you,” she tells her savior. Then she runs to the factory, typing in 2637253. This is only her second trip to the factory, she has never been to Lyoko as a warrior. She was materialized only yesterday in her previous human form. She had also been trapped on Lyoko, in a prison. But now she would finally get to go freely on Lyoko. And, she would get her profile.

 

            “Amerald! Go to the scanner room, and step inside a scanner. The others need help,” Jeremie says. So Amerald goes to the scanners, and takes a step to the middle scanner. She goes rigged with fear, remembering her claustrophobia. Like she has learned at training, she calms herself, stopping hyperventilation, and waits. Her hair slowly began to rise, and soon there is a flash of light and Amerald falls to Lyoko, free, for the first time.

 

            She has the same long hair, except in pigtails. She looks somewhat younger, a bit older than the Lyoko Warriors, about a college student. She was actually 27 when she got trapped on Lyoko, so now she’s 37. She looks about 16.

 

            Her clothes are somewhat like Aelita’s, but she has a visible weapon- a spear.

 

            “What? I am not a neanderthal!”

 

            “Apparently, Amerald, you can’t ‘program’ a profile. You need to wait for the computer to reach into your subconcious, it’ll tell you what you dream of…”

 

            “I do not dream of cavemen!”

 

            “Actually, the spear is more advanced, more in the range of Native Americans.”

 

            “Tell me, Jeremie, do I really look like I care?” Jeremie opens his mouth to truthfully answer that he doesn’t know because he doesn’t have a visual, but then red dots appear on the screen.

 

            “8 blocks, headed your way!”

 

            “Gee, thanks for the heads up!” says Yumi, who is already blocking lasers. Odd gets into his position, kneeling and arm raised, and takes aim.

 

            “Laser arrow!” An arrow sails out of Odd’s wrists and hits a block right on the target. “Oh yes! How’s that for a hit?” The monster explodes. Amerald, meanwhile, is raising her spear, trying to find the center of balance.

 

            “Umm… that’s the pointy side, so…” Suddenly the spear balances the right way, and Amerald charges one of the blocks. She throws her spear and hits the block, and goes to retrieve her spear, only to find that she has another one. “Cool, unlimited spears. Not bad.”

 

            And that’s when the sciphozoa arrives.

Chapter End Notes:
So... yeah. Not much to say, except the usual R&R!
~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]