Code Lyoko: The Untold Chapters by Vchat20
[Reviews - 0]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +

We return to the not so distant future just before the time where the Garage Kids pilot took place. At this point, Jeremie and Ulrich are the only students at Kadic. We are currently overlooking the courtyard between the school and the dorms. Jeremie and Ulrich are now heading back to the dorms after class.

Jeremie: “So how was class for you today?”

Ulrich: (with his hands behind his head and staring at the sky) “Gets boring every day”

Jeremie: “I dunno, today’s lesson was actually pretty fun. Anyways, I wanted to ask you if you would like to join me later for a small study session for tomorrows test?”

Ulrich: “Sure. Can’t really do any worse than I am now.”

Jeremie: “So..8 o’clock fine?”

Ulrich: “Sure. Sounds fine to me. See you there.”

Jeremie and Ulrich are now in front of the main entryway for the dorms. Their rooms are at opposite ends of the dorm so as they walk in the entryway, they both head separate ways.

Flash forward a few hours and we see Jeremie busy at work on his computer and is typing away.

Jeremie: (quietly talking to himself) “Hmm…Lyoko?”

Shortly after, somebody comes knocking on the door.

Jeremie: “Huh? Oh. Come on in Ulrich.”

Ulrich: “Hey. What’s that you are working on?”

Jeremie: “Oh. This?” looks back at the computer screen “Nothing really. Was just researching something. So are you ready for that study session?”

Again. Flash forward to the next day. It’s the beginning of class. All the students are sitting down waiting for Mrs. Hertz to arrive. Soon enough, Mrs. Hertz arrives and has someone following her.

Mrs. Hertz: Students, I would like to introduce you to our newest transfer student. Here name is Yumi Ishiyama. She just recently moved here from Japan. Miss Ishiyama, there is an open seat next to those two boys over there” points to where Jeremie and Ulrich are sitting

Yumi quickly finds her way to her seat and remains pretty quiet for the remainder of the class. Once class is over, everyone heads down to Lunch with Yumi, Ulrich, and Jeremie trailing behind.

Ulrich: “So Yumi, you’ve been pretty quiet. Wanna go to lunch together so we can get to know each other?”

Yumi: in a kind of ‘not caring’ voice “Sure.”

They quickly make their way down to the lunch room and find a table in the back.

Jeremie: “Where’d you come from again, Yumi?”

Yumi: “I moved here from Japan. But our family has been just about everywhere. You see, my dad has this job which takes him everywhere. This is about the 5th school I’ve transferred to this year.”

Ulrich: “Wow. Must be really hard on you, huh? I mean, with finding friends and all.”

Yumi: looks out the window “Eh, I don’t really worry about friends much anymore. Really hard to make friends when you are at a school for only a few months.”

Yumi now turns back around and looks at Ulrich and Jeremie.

Ulrich: “So are you living with your parents?”

Yumi: “No. they are still busy unpacking everything at our new house. I’ve got a dorm room until they are finished.”

Sissi soon walks up to the table to further annoy Ulrich.

Sissi: “So Ulrich, you still going to take me to the dance next Tuesday?”

Ulrich: “For the last time Sissi, I said no. I have no interest in going to that dance.”

Sissi: “Humph! We’ll see about that Ulrich STERN.”

Sissi storms off in a hissy fit.

Yumi: “So who’s that?”

Jeremie: “Sissi Delmas”

Ulrich: “Yeah. She’s the school’s busybody you might say. Bad part is, she’s the daughter of the principal.”

Yumi: “Oh. That bad huh?”

After a few minutes towards the end of lunch time…

Ulrich: “So did you find your dorm room okay?”

Yumi: “No. not yet. I was only given the room number.”

Jeremie: “Good. How about we show you around the school after class?”

Yumi: smiling “I’d like that.”

It is now at the end of class. Clock is ticking. At 3o’clock on the dot, the bell rings and everybody runs out the door. Once again, we are outside in the courtyard where we meet with Ulrich, Yumi, and Jeremie.

Yumi: “There’s a lot I have to get used to around here I guess.”

Jeremie: “So Yumi, what’s your room number again?”

Yumi: “Umm…706”

Ulrich: perks his head up “That sounds familiar. Isn’t that the one across the hall from Sissi’s room?”

Jeremie: “Guess we will find out when we get there.”

The group is walking down the hallway. Room numbers seen going by are creeping up on 700

Ulrich: “7..0..6. Here’s your room Yumi.”

Soon we see Sissi coming down the hallway. Lo and behold, she stops at the room right across from Yumi’s

Sissi: opens the door and waves back at Ulrich “Hiii Ulrich!” enters her room and closes the door behind her

Yumi: “Lucky Me. So, see you guys in class tomorrow?”

Jeremie: “Yep. See you in class.”

Back at Jeremie’s room, we see he is once again at work on his computer. He keeps saying something about Lyoko. After a few minutes, he suddenly stops and looks stunned. He quickly shuts off his computer, grabs his laptop and sneaks out of the dorm. Once he makes it out behind the dorm, he checks his laptop for a moment and continues on his way. From here on out he goes the usual way to the factory. Down into the sewer, back up on the bridge, and over to the factory. When he arrives at the factory, there is no elevator there to get down. Just old dangling ropes. He looks around to see if there is any other way down.

Jeremie: talking under his breath “Nope. Guess I have to go down the hard way.”

He grabs the rope and swings down. He lands rough on his feet right in front of the freight elevator. Once again, he checks his laptop for a moment and continues on. Looking around, he cautiously enters the elevator and proceeds down. After a short trip, Jeremy finally makes it to the first sub-level. As the large door opens, Jeremies eyes open wide as saucers. He’s at a loss for words. He slowly circles the room as he looks over every nook and cranny of the room. After a few minutes, he climbs in the chair and attempts to activate the computer somehow. He continues to tap the enter key, but nothing happens. Puzzled, he decides to continue exploring the rest of the factory. He soon finds himself back inside the elevator descending even lower into the factory. The next room he enters is the scanner room. He explores everything here, but again, nothing works. He however does notice a small hatch in the center of the room. After some forcing, he manages to open it and looks down.

Jeremie: “Hmm. Not much to see from up here. Should be able to get a better view if I take the elevator down further.”

He once again takes the elevator down further and finds himself in the mainframe room. As he enters, a dark machine rises from the floor. He gets such a shock that he almost falls backwards. After checking the super computer, he finds the only means of input is a somewhat large lever on the front. After thinking about it for a bit, he cautiously pulls this lever and awaits what happens next.

After a few moments, the computer completely lights up and operational humming returns. Not much to continue seeing here, he enters the elevator once again and heads back up to the first level, the computer room.

Jeremie: “Ok. Now let’s see what this is all about.”

Jeremie climbs in the seat and presses the enter button. All screens spring to life one after the other, but only the one front and center displays anything. He silently reads everything it says:

LOADING X.A.N.A…

CHECKING SYSTEM FILES…

XANA.CFG 6,937,233,288 BYTES 3,800,175 BYTES DAMAGED

ATTEMPTING RECOVERY OF XANA.CFG…UNREPAIRABLE

AELITA.BIN 20,944,562,777,098 BYTES 2,045,178,034,578 BYTES MISSING

CAN’T RESTORE MISSING DATA

LOADING X.A.N.A.

Jeremie: “Hmm. Loading X A N A?”

Soon the screen goes blank again and fades into a GUI which has Jeremie completely baffled. But before Jeremie could even do anything, he hears a faint cry for help. He looks around frantically trying to find the source of this call for help. He then looks at the top of the monitor where he sees a headset dangling from it. He picks it up and puts it on.

Jeremie: “Hello? Who is this?”

From close listening to the calls for help, he comes to find it is coming from a teenage girl who can’t be much older than he is.

Jeremie: “Is anyone there?”

Mysterious Person: “Heeelp me!”

Jeremie: “Who is this? What’s your name?”

Mysterious Person: “Umm. My Name? My name is…Aelita. Who are you?”

He then remembers the system messages from just moments before. One of file mentioned had Aelita’s name in it.

Jeremie: “My name is Jeremie. Where are you? I can’t see you.”

Aelita: “Umm…I think this place is called Lyoko. All I can remember was that this evil thing called XANA was trying to attack me, I deactivated this tower and he stopped. Then all of a sudden everything around me started disappearing until it all went dark. Now i'm here talking with you.”

Jeremie is still trying to take this all in. Lyoko, XANA, Aelita: they are all words he has read before. But before he can say anything, Aelita comes back.

Aelita: “Jeremie. I’m scared. This place is dark and I don’t know what to do.”

Jeremie starts typing away once more trying to find something to help Aelita.

Jeremie: “Don’t worry Aelita, I will help protect you. But its going to take some time to figure out what is really going on here.”

Aelita: “…Ok. I trust you Jeremie.”

Jeremie: yawns “I’m sorry Aelita. I can’t do anything more tonight. It’s almost 2 in the morning. I will try and contact you back in my room. Hopefully then I can be in contact with you more often.”

Aelita: “…Ok…Goodnight Jeremie.”

We see Jeremie has already taken off the headset, and is already in the elevator.

The next view of him we see him sneaking back into his room. He sets his laptop down and plugs in a cable that appears to be strung from behind the desktop. He taps a few keys on the desktop and a small progress window pops up. Seeing how long it’s going to take, Jeremie climbs into bed.

Next view we see is off to the side of the bed. You can hear a loud beeping noise such as what would come from an Alarm clock. But he checks his watch and it says its only 5:30 in the morning. Way too early to be his Alarm. He soon looks over to the computer and the progress bar is nowhere to be seen. Rather, he sees a screen very similar to what he saw the night before on the computer at the factory. He crawls out of bed, puts on his glasses, and walks over towards the computer. He sits down and starts typing away. After a few moments he stops.

Jeremie: “Aelita. Are you there?”

Aelita: after a long pause “Jeremie…Is that you?”

Jeremie: “Yeah. It’s me. I’m back in my room.”

Aelita: “Have you found anything yet?”

Jeremie: “No. I just woke up.”

Jeremie starts typing away.

Aelita: “What are you doing Jeremie?”

Jeremie: “I’m trying to find a way to bring up a video screen so I can see you.”

Aelita: “Oh. Ok Jeremie.”

After a few moments, Jeremie stops typing. A Video screen pops up, but is filled with static. It soon fades out and we see Aelita’s all too familiar face. Jeremie is shocked as he watches her face on the screen.

Aelita: “…Jeremie? Are you still there?”

Jeremie: “Yes. I…didn’t know.”

Aelita: “Know what?”

Jeremie: “Oh…nothing. Aelita, I need to get ready for school now. I will be back as soon as I can.”

Aelita: “Ok. Bye Jeremie.”

We soon see Jeremie leaving the room with his backpack and shut’s the door behind him.

The next view we see is in the class room in the middle of a lesson.

Jeremie: whispers to Ulrich and Yumi “Hey. I have something to show you after class today. Something important.”

Yumi: “Like what?”

Jeremie: “I can’t explain it here. I will have to explain it after class.”

Now the focus is taken off of the kids and is now focused on Mrs. Hertz.

Mrs. Hertz: “Ok Children. Continuing yesterday’s lesson on photosynthesis, we will be taking a short field trip into the woods to study the fall leaves. Now everyone please walk single file out the door, and would the last person please shut off the lights and close the door behind them?”

Mrs. Hertz is the first one to leave the classroom. Ulrich, Yumi, and Jeremie tail the group. On the way out, Ulrich shuts off the lights and pulls the door shut.

The next view we see is an aerial view of the class making their way into the forest

The next we see the group walking together behind the class. In the background you can faintly hear Mrs. Hertz talking to the class. The group walks silently together for a moment then Jeremie notices a white piece of paper buried under the fallen leaves. He kneels down to pick it up. He turns it over to the opposite side where there are some diagrams and some writing on it.

Jeremie: “Hmm. This looks familiar…”

Then he takes a double take and comes to find that one of the diagrams on the paper is of the large tubes he found in the one room in the factory. He reads a word above the diagram: “Virtualization Scanners” He then remembers that he was going to tell Yumi and Ulrich the news. He slips the paper in his backpack and starts to explain the situation to Yumi and Ulrich.

Jeremie: “Have you two heard of a place called Lyoko?”

Ulrich: “No. never heard of it.”

Yumi: “No. What is it?”

Jeremie: “Well, I was doing some research the other night and I came across this French military site that mentioned something about a virtual paradise called Lyoko. I thought nothing of it at first, but last night I dug a little deeper and found it was somehow linked to a physical location not far from here.”

Yumi: “How far is it?”

Jeremie: “Not far at all. It’s within walking distance. Anyways, I snuck out last night to go find this place. Pretty strange really. There’s this factory that is built on a small island on the river. It’s empty, but there is a working freight elevator that goes down below the factory. There is some kind of super computer down there as well as some other strange equipment. It was off when I got there, but I turned it on to see what was going on. With it being mentioned on the military’s website and all, it had to be something important.”

Ulrich: “So? What was it all about?”

Jeremie: “I haven’t figured out the whole story yet, but apparently there is this virtual girl there inside the computer named Aelita.”

Both Yumi and Ulrich look shocked. Soon we hear Mrs. Hertz saying something behind them.

Mrs. Hertz: “Don’t fall behind Jeremie!”

View returns to the three.

Yumi: “So where is she? Can we see her?”

Jeremie: “After class today, meet me in my room. I managed to contact her from there. Then maybe we can learn more about what’s going on.”

The final bell rings. Everyone starts leaving the classroom.

Next view is over the courtyard again as we follow the group to the dorms.

Ulrich: sort of jabs Jeremie on the shoulder “So are we going to meet your new friend Jeremie?”

Jeremie: “She’s not my…Just follow me to my room.”

Next view is in Jeremie’s room pointed at the door as we see it open. First Jeremie comes in followed by Yumi, then Ulrich. Yumi and Ulrich sit down on the beds on either side of the room while Jeremie sits down at his computer and prepares to contact Aelita. He taps a few keys and the Video window pops up. Once again, all that is seen is static.

Jeremie: “Aelita, are you there?”

The static starts to fade and we see Aelita’s face again.

Aelita: “Yes Jeremie. I’m here.”

As Soon as Ulrich and Yumi see this, they get up and hover around Jeremie.

Aelita: “Who are your friends Jeremie?”

Jeremie: “Oh. These are friends of mine from school. Say hello you two.”

Yumi: “Hello Aelita. My name’s Yumi.”

Ulrich: “And mine is Ulrich.”

Aelita: with a smile on her face “Hi Yumi and Ulrich. Nice to meet you.”

~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]