Code Element by GarageKid
Summary: A new way to see Code Lyoko, my verson. Rated T for language and violence. New Family, Friends, foes, and Lyoko warriors. See, www.freewebs.com/everstray to get a intro incase your lost. I did make a lot of changes.
Categories: Ships > Jeremie and Aelita, Ships > Ulrich and Yumi Characters: Aelita Hopper, Herb Pichon, Hiroki Ishiyama, Jeremie Belpois, Nicholas Poliakoff, Odd Della Robbia, Sissi Delmas, Ulrich Stern, William Dunbar, Yumi Ishiyama
Genres: Action/Adventure, Comedy, Drama, Romance
Warnings: Graphic Violence
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 19 Completed: Yes Word count: 20328 Read: 85419 Published: Aug 09, 2007 Updated: Dec 01, 2007
Story Notes:
Disclaimer- I do not own Code Lyoko

1. Aniki by GarageKid

2. Chapter 2: Welcome to Lyoko by GarageKid

3. Chapter 3: A Night to Remember by GarageKid

4. Chapter 4: New Mix by GarageKid

5. Chapter 5: Gather Round the Campfire by GarageKid

6. Chapter 6: Accident by GarageKid

7. Chapter 7: Elements of the Gang by GarageKid

8. Killer in Kadic Part 1 by GarageKid

9. Chapter 9: Killer in Kadic Part 2: Nine-Tailed Fox by GarageKid

10. Chapter 10: New Scanner and New Hero by GarageKid

11. Chapter 11: News by GarageKid

12. Chapter 12: Nothing But The Truth by GarageKid

13. Chapter 13: Nightmare by GarageKid

14. Chapter 14: Slipped Away by GarageKid

15. Chapter 15: Kyuubi by GarageKid

16. Chapter 16: No More Good-Byes by GarageKid

17. Chapter 17: Part 2 Filler by GarageKid

18. Chapter 18: Heroine Comback by GarageKid

19. Chapter 19: XANA's on the Run!! by GarageKid

Aniki by GarageKid

Chapter One: Aniki

 

The gang was helping out decorating the gym for the upcoming school dance. It was the first one for the year in the Fall.

“Odd, don’t try to jump on the latter.” Jeremie said as Odd looked down at him, nearly falling off. Jeremie shook his head and went back to listening to the music for the dance. Aelita was setting up the DJ equipment with Yumi while Ulrich helped Odd with the decorating. All of a sudden, Sissi’s voice yelled through the doorway.

“GET AWAY FROM ME YOU BRAT!” Sissi yelled as a young boy ran out of sight, looking scared. Sissi soon walked through the door with Herb and Nicolas.

“Sissi, you know the way you treat other people makes me sick. Who the hell did you yell at this time?” Yumi asked in anger.

“I don’t know, some little brat, this doesn’t concern you in anyway, shape, or form, so stay out.” Sissi said.

“You should really dye your hair blonde, it suits you better then black.” Yumi said.

“Well, then I better ask what dirt you have on Ulrich to make him go to the dance with a slut like you.” Sissi said, she knew that triggered Yumi’s anger, and she smiled at her accomplishment and stepped forward as if taunting Yumi more. Until an unfamiliar voice was heard.

“I would shut up and back off if I were you.” A boy said from the door way. The same black hair and shade of blue eyes as Yumi. Sissi knew she must have met this boy before, she would have remembered anyone who wore a collar loosely around their neck like he was and she would have remembered anyone who wore their jacket sleeves neatly rolled up to their elbow like he was. Odd looked over at the boy and then Yumi, who had a shocked look on.

“Hey Yumi, you must have a lot in common with this guy, clothes wise that is.” Odd said pointing out the boy’s black and dark red outfit, the black sneakers, black jeans, and dark red short sleeve shirt with the black jacket over it.

“More then that.” The boy said. Ulrich raised an eyebrow and looked over at Yumi and then back at the boy. Ulrich was thinking this guy may be an ex boyfriend, or worst, if he was someone willing to hurt Yumi. Yumi, seeing his reaction, put a hand up to calm him down. Then, as if something triggered her memory:

“Aniki!” Yumi yelled happily, the group jumped to her sudden burst. The boy smiled as Yumi hugged him, the group looked over at her with blank looks as the hug broke up.

“Aniki? Is that this guy’s name? I feel sorry for you.” Odd said.

“Aniki means ‘older brother’ it’s Japanese.” Yumi said.

“Older brother?!” The rest of the group and Sissi’s group questioned, surprised. In the few years the gang has known Yumi, they had no clue she had siblings, they only knew she had a dad.

“How’s that possible? You being her older brother, you look the same age as her.” Sissi asked.

“Do I really have to spell it out for you? But fine, I’ll play along, if memory’s right, I am two minutes older. Happy?” The boy asked.

“TWO MINUTES!” The voices filled the gym.

“A lot can happen in two minutes.” Herb said scared.

“But, if your two minutes older, that makes you two twins.” Ulrich said putting the pieces together. “But, your not a girl.”

“Oh, Jeremie.” Yumi called.

“Ok, I’ll explain it.” Jeremie said. “Yumi and this guy are fraternal twins, which means they share about 50% of the same DNA, which means things like gender ect. Can very, ya see, during the time twins are born”

“Jeremie, I think they get it.” Yumi said stopping him before he got graphic on them.

“And ‘This guy’ has a name. Kiba Ishiyama, nice to meet ya.” Kiba said.

“Kiba, the one who was about to give us a lecture is Jeremie, The one in purple is Odd, The brown haired one is Ulrich, and the Pink haired one’s Aelita.” Yumi introduced.

“Nice to meet you all.” Kiba said.

“The three jerks over there are not important.” Yumi said.

“Don’t worry, I know them, Sissi, Herb, and Nicolas.” Kiba said in an kinda angry voice.

“Along with my two new members of my group. Meet, Clay and Ray.” Sissi said as two rough looking boys walked through the door. “Well, we better be going.” Sissi said as he group left.

“I don’t her or her group.” Kiba said casually. Odd nodded.

“Me either.” Odd said. “Then again no body really likes her. But more importantly, Yumi you have a twin? You never told us you had a twin, you never said you had a brother. We though you only had your dad, we never even hear about your mom. What have you been hiding from us this whole time?”

“Odd, it’s a bittersweet story.” Yumi said. “And a long one too.”

“We can take a break for you to tell us.” Jeremie said as the gang walked over to the side of the stage and sat down.

“Come on Yumi, this sounds interesting.” Aelita said.

“Well, Five years ago my parents got a divorce.” Yumi started.

“What’s a divorce?” Aelita asked interrupting Yumi, who didn’t seem to mind it.

“A divorce is when two people who are married break up and leave each other.” Kiba said coldly.

“Anyway, Kiba and I where ten at the time, and we also had a younger brother who was 6 at the time, Hiroki.” Yumi said.

“So you have TWO brothers we didn’t know about?” Odd asked.

“Yeah, Odd. Anyway, when the divorce was settled, Hiroki and Kiba where to stay with Mom, while I stayed with my dad. Mom, Kiba, and Hiroki moved out to America while me and dad stayed here. For the last five years, that’s how it’s been.” Yumi said then turned to Kiba. “The real questions is, what are you doing here, mom made it very clear she never wanted to see dad again as long as she lived.”

“That was kinda true.” Kiba said. “Well, I was kinda trying to avoid the question because I know you wont like the answer.”

“Huh?” Yumi asked.

“Well, my turn to tell a story, Mom pretty much fell in love with this other drunk guy whom she met and married. The guy wasn’t my favorite person, the truth was I hated him. I guess I should have seen what was coming next. The guy started to take control of mom’s life, she couldn’t do anything without his approval. A few days ago, they went out on a date and never came back, the police said they found the car in a ditch off the highway.” Kiba paused to see if Yumi picked up what he was trying to say. “Mom died in the car crash and so did the guy she was married to. So me and Hiroki where sent here to live with dad, who was happy to see us, surprisingly upset mom was dead.”

“Dad loved her was why.” Yumi said.

“How in this world would you know?!” Kiba snapped.

“Dad started drinking when mom left him, Kiba, he still does. He never fell in love with another woman for though five years, he can loss his temper easily. Kiba, you have never heard him talk in his sleep have you?” Yumi asked Kiba shook his head, “He keeps apologizing over and over again to mom about how he was a fool.”

“Hey, Yumi, I know it’s stupid to ask. But shouldn’t you be crying about your mom’s death?” Aelita asked.

“That’s the thing, I was ten when I last saw her, I really don’t remember much about her.” Yumi said.

“Well, can we get back to work before this gets too dull?” Odd asked.

“Sure Odd.” Kiba said as the group stood up. And went back to work on the gym.

“Jeremie, why would Yumi have no memory of her mom?” Aelita asked.

“She probably does, just not a lot.” Jeremie said.

“I know how she feels, I don’t have memory of my mom either.” Aelita said.

“That’s why you two are good friends, you both share similar pains and hopes.” Jeremie said. “You and Yumi and very close to your fathers and have nearly no memory about your mothers. Really, I feel bad for you two to have to go through that.”

“We don’t go through it alone.” Aelita said. “I wonder how Yumi was doing before having us to talk to.”

“She probably kept everything under wraps.” Jeremie said. “Hey, Yumi!” Jeremie Called over Yumi jogged over to the two.

“Yea?” Yumi asked.

“I just thought of something, if you and Kiba are twins, why where you separated during the divorce?” Jeremie asked.

“Dad needed me.” Yumi said. “I could tell, I chose to stay with him.”

“Oh, the question just came up.” Jeremie said. Yumi walked back off the help Kiba.

“Hey Yumes, what did dad mean when he said that Hiroki and me not being home all the time would be a good thing?” Kiba asked.

“Aniki, dad probably started drinking heavy again, he doesn’t want to hurt us.” Yumi said.

“Poor Hiroki, out of one problem and into another.” Kiba said.

“I forgot about Hiroki.” Yumi said honestly.

***

Kiba, Yumi and Hiroki headed home. Hiroki turned out to like Yumi very quickly. As they walked up to the door, Yumi unlocked it with her key and walked in.

“Daddy, we’re home.” Yumi called as a huge white dog with a red noise appeared running over to her. “Akamaru?” Yumi questioned.

“Yea.” Kiba said.

“He’s huge! Last time I saw him he was a puppy.” Yumi said.

“I never noticed how much he grew, he looks the same to me.” Kiba said.

“Daddy?” Yumi called again. She walked over to the kitchen with the two following her to see her dad at the table with a bunch of empty beer bottles sitting on the table. “Daddy, what’s wrong?”

“My ex-wife’s dead, and now I can never apologize for my mistakes.” Her dad said. He had been drinking, heavier then she thought.

“Daddy, I though you said you where going to stop drinking.” Yumi said. But her dad had lost conciseness and had his head on the table. “Daddy.” Yumi said with a tear going down her face.

Chapter 2: Welcome to Lyoko by GarageKid

Chapter 2: Welcome to Lyoko

 

Yumi and Kiba walked over to Kadic grounds and over to the group.

“So the gym’s set for tonight’s dance right?” Kiba asked.

“Yeah.” Odd said. “Do you have a date?”

“Naw.” Kiba said.

“Kiba hasn’t had a crush since” Yumi began but Kiba covered her mouth.

“I told you never to talk about it.” Kiba said as blush spread across his face.

“Talk about what?” Odd asked as Kiba removed his hand from Yumi’s mouth.

“Kari, his last girlfriend.” Yumi said as Kiba looked at her with a dark look.

“A roll of duck tape could save me a lot of trouble wont it?” Kiba asked as he shook his head. Yumi just smirked at him and watched Jeremie type a mile a minute on his lap top. She looked back over to Kiba who was talking with Odd and Ulrich and then walked up to Jeremie.

“Hey, Jeremie.” Yumi called.

“Yea?” Jeremie asked.

“I was thinking, if maybe, we could have Kiba as a member of our group.” Yumi said.

“He kinda is.” Jeremie said as Aelita looked over at him.

“I think she means our Lyoko group.” Aelita said as Yumi nodded.

“What? Have you lost your mind?” Jeremie asked at a low voice to control his anger. “How can we trust this guy?”

“He’s my twin brother, we share about 50% of the same DNA. If you can trust me, you can trust him.” Yumi said. “Come on Jeremie, Kiba can be a huge hand on Lyoko, not like William, he isn’t a jerk or anything like William.”

“Yeah Jeremie, Kiba’s like a great guy.” Aelita said. “Don’t make us use the group puppy look.”

“Forget it.” Jeremie said before getting the group puppy face from Yumi and Aelita, blue and green eyes looking over at him. “OK, OK!” Jeremie almost yelled getting the three boys attention.

“You got puppy faced didn’t you Jeremie?” Odd asked.

“Double time,” Jeremie said. And looked over at the Odd and Ulrich. “How bout Aelita and Yumi give you two a heads up while I teach Kiba that cheat come he wanted.”

“Sweet!” Kiba said looking over Jeremie’s shoulder at the screen.

“Don’t breath in my ear.” Jeremie said.

“Sorry.” Kiba said as Odd and Ulrich where pulled away by Aelita and Yumi.

“What did you talk to Jeremie about?” Ulrich asked Yumi.

“If Kiba could be part of our Lyoko group.” Yumi said. Ulrich looked unsurely at her.

“Well, I Haven’t really known him for that long.” Ulrich said.

“Come on, Ulrich, he’s not like William.” Yumi said. Ulrich looked in her blue eyes.

“You sure?” Ulrich asked.

“Positive.” Yumi said. “He’ll make a great warrior. He’s brave, strong, he’ll do anything to help.”

“Can we trust him?” Ulrich asked.

“Ulrich, If you can trust me, you can trust him.” Yumi said before noticing something. “Since when are you taller then me?” The question make Ulrich raise an eyebrow. It was true Ulrich was slightly taller then Yumi now, but it had been that way for a while.

“You never noticed before?” Ulrich asked.

“No.” Yumi said as they walled over to the rest of the group.

“So you fight a virus known as XANA on a daily basis?” Kiba asked. “Sounds insane!”

“Yeah, but now it’s time for the rest of the gang to vote on weather you should be a member of not.” Jeremie said.

“For!” Yumi and Aelita said raising their hands.

“For.” Odd said raising his hand.

“Against.” Jeremie said raising his hand.

“Sorry Jeremie, but this guys no William. For.” Ulrich said.

“William? Is that the guy you say and I quote ‘hate worse then death’ Yumes?” Kiba asked. Yumi nodded. The gang looked over at Jeremie.

“OK, I’m For.” Jeremie said as the group looked over at Kiba.

“Ok, we’ll show you the Factory after class.” Yumi said as the bell rang and the group went for classes.

*** After Classes ***

After school ended, the group led Kiba over to the factory.

“So, Lyoko is in there?” Kiba asked. As they ran up to the factory and down the ropes to the elevator. “So tell me, how can XANA hurt us if he’s in Lyoko?”

“XANA can activate towers on Lyoko which he uses a gateways to the real world. Once in the real world he can control people, animals, and objects.” Jeremie said. “The only ones he can’t touch, are you guys. Except you get caught by a Scyphozoa, which can put you under XANA’s control in Lyoko like William.”

“What does a Scyphozoa look like?” Kiba asked.

“A huge Jelly fish, when your on Lyoko you see better.” Odd said as they got to the computer room. Jeremie went to his normal position on the keyboard.

“OK, Kiba, Yumi will go with you to Lyoko during your first trip. Yumi, Take him to the scanner room and get ready to be transferred.” Jeremie said as Odd and Ulrich walked into the computer room and Yumi pressed the button in the elevator to get to the scanner room.

“OK, Kiba pick a scanner.” Yumi said as they reached the scanner room. Yumi got into her usual scanner as Kiba got into Ulrich’s usual scanner.

“Alright, ready Jeremie.” Yumi called.

“Ok, Transfer, Yumi. Transfer Kiba. . . . Scanner Yumi, Scanner Kiba. . . . Virtualization!” Jeremie said as Kiba and Yumi appeared in the forest sector of Lyoko. Yumi landing on her feet as Kiba landed flat on his back.

“Don’t worry, you get used to the landing after a while.” Yumi said helping him up. Kiba looked at his Lyoko form, Dark red and black armor with a knight’s sword strapped to his back and a shuriken pack on his belt with about 10 shuriken (Throwing starts) in it. His black dog collar was still very loose on his, but was made of metal.

“Wow.” Kiba said as he looked around the area. “This is Lyoko?”

“Well, only one part of it. The forest Sector.” Yumi said as she looked around.

“Hey guys, you have monsters coming close.” Jeremie said. “Hornets.” No sooner then Jeremie telling them what monster it was then ten hornets came into view.

“XANA must know we have a new comrade. Why else would he attack?” Yumi asked as she got into a fighting stance with her fans. Kiba drew his sword. “OK, Kiba, listen, I’m guessing your sword can block their attacks as well as help you fight these monsters.”

“Got it.” Kiba said as he blacked a laser from one of the hornets. “I guess those hours of Kendo practice are going to pay off.”

“Good thing your hand with a sword.” Yumi said as she threw both of her fans getting rid of four of the monsters. Kiba took two stars out of his shuriken pack and threw them at the hornets destroying one of them. The starts worked like Yumi’s fans, only could only be used once per star and weren’t like boomerangs, meaning they didn’t come back to you. Yumi threw one of her fans, destroying two of the hornets. Leaving three hornets on the battle field. “Think you can take the last three?”

“No problem.” Kiba said throwing three stars, with two successful hits. The last hornet was close enough to the battle field so Kiba used his sword to destroy the remaining one. “What a Rush!” Kiba said amazed by the new world.

“Ok, I’m bringing both of you in.” Jeremie said. “Materialization Yumi, Materialization Kiba.”

The two meet back up with the others in the computer room.

“Remember not to tell anyone Kiba.” Jeremie said.

“You can trust me, Believe it.” Kiba said.

“Good, welcome to the Lyoko team.” Jeremie said.

Chapter 3: A Night to Remember by GarageKid

Chapter 3: A Night to Remember

 

Yumi and Kiba where getting ready for the dance, Yumi had changed into a black sleeveless shirt with a black and dark red mini-skirt, white Kiba changed into nicer black jeans with a black button up shirt open to revile a dark red T-shirt. He refused however, to not wear his dog collar, Yumi couldn’t blame him, she never took off her necklace her mom gave her five years ago. They headed out while their dad played with Hiroki, they where just happy he gave up drinking.

Meanwhile Odd, Ulrich, Jeremie and Aelita where also getting ready, well, Jeremie wasn’t going. Ulrich changed into a black short sleeve shirt with a giant dark green X on it and his normal black sneakers and blue jeans. Odd was wearing a short sleeve shirt with a picture of Kiwi on it Aelita had printed for him, with his normal purple jeans and red shoes.

“Sharp shirt.” Jeremie commented to Ulrich as he walked in the check on him.

“You sure you don’t want to come?” Ulrich asked.

“Positive.” Jeremie said as Aelita walked through the door wearing a pink blouse over a white tube top and a pink mini-skirt. “Wow, nice outfit Aelita.”

“I got it when Yumi and I went shopping last week.” Aelita said. “Odd, what are you wearing?” She asked pointing to the purple light jacket he had on.

“Just a jacket, the buttons go the wrong way, but it’s really comfortable.” Odd said as Aelita started laughing.

“Odd, that’s a blouse, why else would I have the same thing in pink?” Aelita asked. Odd took it off and looked at it.

“Well, At least I know what to give Sam for her birthday.” Odd said. “I don’t get it, I got this off the clearance men’s rack.”

“That’s cause some girl put it there to buy it later, Yumi and I do it all the time.” Aelita said.

“We should head down to the gym, see ya Jeremie.” Odd said as he Aelita and Ulrich walked out the door and to the gym.

As Yumi and Kiba saw the others, minus Jeremie, walk into the gym they greeted them and the group.

“Hey, Yumi, did you get the record I asked for?” Aelita asked in a very excited mood.

“Yeah.” Yumi said handing it to her. Odd went over to stuff his face at the snack table while Kiba walked about. Leaving Yumi and Ulrich alone.

“So, what was that record you gave Aelita?” Ulrich asked.

“It’s a surprise.” Yumi said with a smile. “By the way, I really like your shirt.”

“I though you would.” Ulrich said with a smile.

“Ulrich!” A “Nails on a chalk board” voice said. “Ulrich, dear, that’s a very interesting shirt, but I can’t say it’s my favorite shirt you’ve worn. Too muck black for my taste.”

“I wasn’t trying to suit your taste Sissi.” Ulrich said.

“Aren’t you going to ask me to dance?” Sissi asked.

“No I’m not.” Ulrich said as Sissi walked away.

“By the way, Ishiyama, nice piece of junk you wear around your neck.” Sissi said as she walked away. Ulrich looked over at the necklace with the fox on it.

“Don’t listen to her, I like it.” Ulrich said as the white gold from the necklace sparkled from the many colored lights in the gym. Soon, Aelita played a slow song.

“Want to dance?” Ulrich asked blushing.

“I’d like that.” Yumi said taking his hand. Ulrich wrapped his arms around her waist as Yumi wrapped her arms around his neck as he began to sway. Yumi rested her head on his shoulder.

“Uh, Yumi, there’s something I want to tell you.” Ulrich said as he put a hand under her chin and tilted her head so her eyes met his. He closed the gap between them and kissed her. At first, she didn’t kiss back, as he started to pull away feeling she didn’t want him, she kissed him back telling him he wasn’t going to break the kiss that easily. The hand on her chin started to go through her ebony hair as he opened his mouth as her tongue begged for entrance. The pulled away for air, blushing furiously. Enough to hear Odd whistle along with Kiba howl, which he was very good at. Sissi was angry. As Yumi and Ulrich broke apart and walked up to the group, Sissi walked straight up to Yumi and slapped her hard across the face.

“Never go near Ulrich, he’s mine you hear?!” Sissi yelled.

“Want us to take care of them?” Clay asked. Sissi nodded as Clay and Ray pinned Yumi’s shoulders to the wall.

“What do you want with her?” Kiba asked getting angry.

“A dance, a kiss.” Ray said.

“I would, but it’s hard for a girl to kiss a guy while she’s vomiting.” Yumi said coldly and sarcastically.

“Let her go, or you WILL be sorry.” Kiba threatened.

“What are you going to do?” Ray challenged using his one hand to move Yumi’s head roughly to face him. Kiba lost it at that moment, he decked Ray hard in the face. Ulrich tripped Clay so he would have to let go of Yumi.

“NEVER touch my sister!” Kiba said.

“Yet you let a punk like Stern touch her all he wants?!” Ray asked in a yell.

“That’s different, she really likes him.” Kiba said.

“Prove it!” Ray challenged.

“Ok, Ulrich, did Yumi notice that you grew to be taller then her?” Kiba asked.

“No, well, just today.” Ulrich said.

“Well, I’ll tell you why that is. Yumi and I have attendance not to notice change in the ones we have very strong bonds with.” Kiba said.

“SO!?!” Ray said.

“I don’t like you, idiot.” Yumi said coldly.

“Enough!” Jim said.

“All six of you are to leave.” Jim said as the group headed back to the dorms. Yumi, Ulrich, Kiba, and Odd headed to Jeremie’s dorm and hung out and talked, before Yumi and Kiba had to head home.

Chapter 4: New Mix by GarageKid
Author's Notes:
An Aelita Chapter

Chapter 4: New Mix

 

“I’m really sad you guys didn’t get to hear my new mix.” Aelita said as the group meet up at their normal spot.

“Was that what the record was for?” Ulrich asked.

“Yes my new mix, I really worked hard on it too.” Aelita said, she was only looking forward to the dance so the group could hear her new mix, but since they where kicked out cause of Clay and Ray, they missed it. “It’s ALL those thugs fault for kicking you guys out of the gym!”

“We’re really sorry we missed your mix Aelita.” Yumi said trying to cheer up her pink haired friend.

“Maybe we could listen to it later.” Kiba offered.

“What if XANA attacks, or Jim puts the gym off limits, or something goes wrong? This seemed like the only night that you all would hear my new mix.” Aelita was very upset, it was true that no one normally had that kind of time to listen, so Aelita almost never asked if people would like to hear her new mixes she made.

“We’ll make time.” Yumi said and looked over at the other boys who nodded.

“Well, how about this afternoon?” Aelita asked.

“I have a big date sorry,” Odd said before getting a death glare from Yumi.

“I said WE’LL MAKE TIME, not we’ll go on big dates ODD!” Yumi told him keeping death in her eyes.

“OK ok!” Odd said. “See you 3ish?”

“Great!” Aelita said happily as the bell rang and the group departed for their classes. Yumi and Kiba headed for gym as the others headed to the science building. Kiba put a hand through his messy black hair as the class walked out to the track.

“Now students remember what I always say, what runs well goes far.” Jim said “Or was it you run well and, no.”

“I think I could teach this class blind folded. Believe it.” Kiba whispered to Yumi.

“I know Aniki, you already said something like that.” Yumi said.

“Believe it.” Kiba said with a smile.

“Ishiyama and Ishiyama.” Jim said as some of the students laughed at his way with words. “Do you both have something you would like to share with the class?”

“I was just saying how track is a very complex, athletic sport in which one must share both mind and body.” Kiba said.

“You said the same thing last week about the long jump!” Jim said. “Honestly can you just listen to the class?! You both are to run ten laps for your disrespectful behavior.”

“TEN?!” Kiba asked.

“Want to make it twenty?” Jim asked as the two teens got up and started jogging around the track as the other students watched. Yumi was ahead by a good few feet. Kiba was just relaxing not really caring about the laps the teacher assigned them. To tell the truth, Yumi was more of a go-getter then him, and wanted to finish the laps and be done with them.

At three the group meet back up with Aelita in the gym to hear her mix, it was like a Pop-Rock mix with a dash of hip-hop, and a little rap. It was a very good mix, as the gang listened to the mix Kiba noticed Jeremie had came along to listen. Which was a huge surprise.

“That as great Aelita!” Odd said.

“Yeah, One of your best.” Yumi agreed.

“I’d like a copy of that, it’s really cool.” Kiba said.

Chapter 5: Gather Round the Campfire by GarageKid

Chapter 4: Gather round the Campfire

 

Odd and Ulrich started packing their large backpacks for the week long school camping trip. The eight and ninth graders where going together for a week long learning trip to the woods that’s supposed to teach them about survival and other things. Jeremie and Aelita where waiting for the others at the bus stop.

“Ready buddy?” Odd asked. “Good thing Hiroki and Johnny are going to dog-sit Kiwi.”

“You know Hiroki, He’d do anything for a week away from his older siblings.” Ulrich said, and it was true, Hiroki needed time away from his two older siblings, being the youngest, he needed it. Ulrich and Odd finished packing and walked over to the bus stop where Jeremie, Aelita, Yumi, Kiba, and the William clone where waiting.

“Hey guys.” Aelita greeted as the two boys walked up. Kiba looked over at Jeremie with a pleading look.

“Jeremie, please, for the love of God when will we have to shut down this idiotic clone?” Kiba asked. Yumi smirked at her brother.

“You only put up with him a day and you’re tired of him, think of how it must feel for me to have to deal with him on a daily basis.” Yumi said.

“But you’re a girl, and girls tent to deal with guys longer then guys.” Kiba said smirking back at her.

“Whatever, but Jeremie, you better give me and Kiba a vacation from Frankenstein here or else we’re sure to go crazy.” Yumi said.

“I thought my name was William.” The clone said stupidly. Yumi and Kiba both twitched angrily.

“Don’t worry, I’ll watch the clone this week, I hate camping anyhow.” Jeremie said. Kiba nearly laughed, actually he did. Jeremie looked at him confused. “What’s so funny?” Kiba pulled himself together long enough to give Jeremie and answer.

“Well, I go camping all the time, unlike my city girl twin who only goes camping every year. You see, our family has a camping trip every summer so we’re used to camping.” Kiba said.

“Hopefully, Akamaru wont use Kiwi as a hockey puck.” Yumi said remembering the size of Akamaru compared to Kiwi. Kiba couldn’t help but agree and smile thinking of Akamaru and Kiwi together.

“I don’t think we’ve seen Akamaru yet.” Aelita said with her new love for dogs. But then again, the whole gang seemed to have a love for dogs.

“That’s right, Aniki hasn’t shown off his big dog.” Yumi said slightly shocked.

“You guys will have to come over and seem him.” Kiba said as the buses pulled up. Jim took the bags from the students as they boarded the bus. Odd and Ulrich sat next to each other with Yumi and Kiba behind them and Jeremie and Aelita in front.

“OK, everyone stay seated until we are at the campsite for our trip.” Mrs. Hurtz said as she and one of the ninth grade teachers boarded the bus, Mr. Steindler, who was a teacher in his thirties.

“OK, all the buses are going to be split up into two teams, there is a total of eight teams, each team has one teacher. I will be taking the left side of the bus as Mrs. Hurtz will take care of the right side.” Mr. Steindler said. Meaning the group will be together.

An hour later the buses stopped at the woods edge. The group got out and waited for Jim to unload the baggage. Jim started to call names. The students where told to put their name on their bag.

“Stones.” Jim called as Aelita walked up and was given her bag.

“Belpois.” Jeremie took his bag from Jim.

“Della-Robbia, Stern.” Jim called going through the bags a little quicker. “Ishiyama”

“Which one?” Kiba asked.

“Both of you.” Jim said holding up the two black backpacks, one with a blue wolf design, the other with a red fox design.

“Throw them.” Kiba said. Jim tossed both of the backpacks to the teens, Yumi caught hers, but Kiba missed his and was hit in the stomach with it.

“Nice catch.” Yumi said sarcastically as Kiba picked up his backpack and put it on his back.

“Miss. Delmus! What is the meaning of so many bags?” Jim asked. “You needed to pack only the essences, what you need, and you should only have one large backpack, not five large backpacks!”

“I needed to pack for five days, so five packs.” Sissi said.

“Not really Sissi.” Kiba said. “You only need clothes for the week, one or two pairs of shoes, a tooth brush, a brush or comb, and a sleeping bag, in Odd’s case food but you can find that in the woods, a canteen, and well basic things.”

“Well, Four of these bags are my clothes, and I don’t need to pack like a guy.” Sissi said.

“Sissi, for once I was being nice, but that was a mistake.” Kiba said. “Yumi and I packed one pack with little room to spare.”

“Like I said, ‘I don’t pack like guys’ and tomboys count.” Sissi said.

“Enough, Sissi, you will need to carry ALL these bags on your own.” Jim said. “You brought the bags and you can carry them.” Sissi frowned as the teachers got out of the buses and stood ready to gather their teams.

“OK, My teams name is the White Wolves.” Mr. Steindler stared as he looked at his clipboard. “I have, Jeremie Belpois, Aelita Stones, Emilie Leduc, Ulrich Stern, Odd Della-Robbia, Theo Gauthier, Yumi Ishiyama, Kiba Ishiyama, and William Dunbar.”

As the other teams where called the gang meet up with Mr. Steindler and started hiking up to their campsite.

“Come on Troops.” Mr. Steindler said as the students walked through the woods. Jeremie and Odd at the end of the line trying to keep up. Mrs. Hurtz group could be seen heading the same direction and meet up with their group.

“Ok students, we are going to camp with Mr. Steindler’s group tonight.” Mrs. Hurtz said as the two groups of students came together and continued to hike up the hill till they reached the top.

“Ok students, we are going to set camp here tonight, break up into groups of two and set up a tent. The two of you will have to share a tent so choose wisely, oh, and same gender groups got it?” Mr. Steindler asked as the groups already started to be formed. Yumi and Aelita where together, Odd and Ulrich, Jeremie decided to watch over the William clone, and Kiba was with Theo.

“Oh, Ulrich.” Sissi’s voice called. “Do you want to pitch our tents side by side?”

“No.” Ulrich said as Odd grabbed a tent. Yumi and Aelita where already half way done.

“I think that pole goes here.” Aelita said reading the instructions.

“This’ll take forever.” Theo said, not knowing Kiba had finished.

“Ta DA!” Kiba said as Theo turned to see the finished tent. “See buddy, all you gotta do is listen to Kiba.”

“Alright!” Theo said.

As the day went on, Mrs. Hurtz started teaching the students about the types of plants in the woods. Sadly, the class had to take notes, so a notebook and pen had to be taken on the trip. Which didn’t take up that much room, unless your name is Sissi Delmus, who got Herb to take notes for her. As the lesson ended, Kiba looked at his watch,

6:34

The red letters said on his watch as they got back to the campsite, the group had dinner, which was cooked over the fire fish. As the dinner ended, the group was tired from the hike up and the hiking around the woods. Later the students changed and sat around the campfire. Mr. Steindler walked over and sat down in the circle.

“Ok, students, most of you are wondering why the two grades would go on a learning camping trip together, well, we did this to teach everyone a very important lesson in survival and to teach you all about what you should do when you go anywhere. For example, camping teaches you all to connect with nature, which kids your generation don’t seem to do. I know all of you packed clothes for the trip but did any of you pack anything you would if this wasn’t a school camping trip?” Mr. Steindler asked as Kiba, Yumi, and Ulrich raised their hands. “Kiba.”

“I brought a pocket lighter.” Kiba said holding it up. “And I also have a dagger, just in case. It’s kinda a habit if you’ve ever camped with me and Yumi’s Uncle Neko.”

“Did bears and such come to those sites with your uncle?”

“Bears, raccoons, porcupines, the whole nine yards.” Kiba said. “So I have a habit of taking a dagger just in case. I’m not as good with Kunai as Yumi is.”

“And That’s what I packed, Kunai.” Yumi said holding up the dark blue Kunai case that was attached to her backpack.

“While we’re taking weapons, I brought a my pocket knife, it may not sound like much, but it works.” Ulrich said.

“Ulrich has a point, just a small weapon could be a huge help. Kiba, you said you’ve seen many dangerous animals, did you happen to see a white wolf?”

“Me and Yumi have seen wolves, but never white ones.” Kiba said.

“I have a story about white wolves. When I was a young man, me and my father camped out here. My dad and I where separated and I had to live on my own for a while. And Everywhere I went this black bear would come and find me, everywhere I placed a new camp site, he would find me. Then one day this white wolf can along and chased the bear away, I never saw him again. And then I saw the wolf again and on the same day, a rescue plane found me. And this was in these same woods, that is why I choose these woods.” When Mr. Steindler finished he looked at his watch.

10:23

The green letters shown.

“Bed time.” Mr. Steindler said as the students headed to their tents. They all headed into their sleeping bags and fell asleep.

Chapter 6: Accident by GarageKid

Chapter 6: Accident

 

“AHHHHHHH!” Aelita screamed from outside the tent. Yumi jumped out of her sleeping bag and jumped out of the tent, tripping over the tents fabric and landing on the ground, as she lifted her head from the ground, she saw a black bear running from the campsite.

“Aelita! Are you ok?” Yumi asked. Aelita nodded. “What where you doing out of the tent?”

“I left my backpack out side, so I went to get it.” Aelita said, by now everyone was awake and out of the tents.

“Is everyone ok?” Mr. Steindler asked.

“There was a bear in the campsite, but it’s gone now.” Yumi said, Aelita still in shock from the bear.

“Ok, settle down, everyone get changed and meet up back here.” Mrs. Hurtz said. Ten minutes later the ground was full of students. Kiba looked down as a paw print from the bear.

“Male, 200 pounds.” Kiba said. Mr. Steindler nodded. “In other words, a big boy.”

“Well, today Mrs. Hurtz group are going to travel through the river, while my group pack their bags and fill their canteens, we’re going up Eagle Rock.” Mr. Steindler said.

“Rock as in rock climbing?” Ulrich asked nervously. Yumi put a hand on his shoulder.

“Don’t worry.” Yumi said giving him her trademark smile he couldn’t resist. “It’ll be fun, I know you hate heights, but I’m not too crazy about high places either.”

“Ok, as long as your with me.” Ulrich said. Yumi kissed him on the cheek as the group headed off toward Eagle Rock. It was much bigger then Ulrich or Yumi thought. Kiba howled in excitement.

“YEAHOO! This is going to be a blast!” Kiba said. Ulrich gulped and looked over at Yumi.

“It’s ok, I’ll be with you.” Yumi said Ulrich gave a small smile. As the climb started, everyone was tied together incase anyone fell, they would be ok. As they reached the top, Yumi helped Ulrich up and they looked at the view you could see all of the woods from where they where.

“Wow!” Odd said. “That was awesome!”

“YEAHOOO!” Kiba called out as it echoed.

“Amazing.” Aelita said and Jeremie agreed.

Yumi walked near the edge to get a better look, Ulrich stayed fairly away from the edge.

“Amazing.” Emilie agreed and Theo nodded. The William clone looked around.

“Don’t look like a sap William!” Odd said whacking him in the back. William went forward, Yumi seeing this, pushed William away from the edge, but lost her balance and fell off.

“YUMI!” Ulrich and Odd yelled seeing Yumi go over, catching everyone’s attention. Jeremie and Aelita turned their attention to the two boys and ran over.

“What happened?” Mr. Steindler asked.

“Yumi fell off the edge.” Odd said.

“Ulrich, you where the closest, where did Yumi fall?” Theo asked. Ulrich was still in shock and didn’t answer right away.

“Ulrich, buddy?” Odd asked. Ulrich pointed to where he saw Yumi fall.

“There.” Ulrich said. Kiba and the others ran as fast as they could to where they came up and went down. As they reached the other side of the Mr. Steindler stopped for everyone to listen.

“OK, Emilie, Theo, both of you come with me to get Mrs. Hurtz. The rest of you find Yumi.” Mr. Steindler said as Kiba took off like a rocket. Mr. Steindler handed Ulrich the emergency kit. Ulrich followed Kiba as Jeremie and Aelita followed behind. Kiba looked all over, he wanted so badly to find his sister. Odd, Jeremie and Aelita ran up to Kiba and Ulrich.

“I climbed the rock near where Yumi fell.” Odd said lifting up her backpack. “This was all I could find.” Ulrich ran near where he saw Yumi fall.

“Yumi!” Ulrich called scared. He looked over too see something laying hear a tree, bloody. Ulrich was too afraid of what he might find. The others split up to look around the other parts of the woods. Ulrich walked closer too see it was Yumi, badly cut up and bleeding, she was out cold, scraped up, and must have had at least one broken bone from the fall. She was alive though. Ulrich walked over and put two fingers on her neck looking for a pulse. Luckily, there was a weak pulse. Ulrich looked around for Kiba or any of the others to help him, even though he had the emergency kit, he was no good at medicine or anything, he had no clue what to do.

“Ulrich!” He heard Kiba yell and run up to him and Yumi. Kiba kneeled down next to Yumi, Ulrich did as well.

“She has a weak pulse, I checked it.” Ulrich said Kiba nodded and looked through the emergency kit.

“We’re in trouble.” Kiba said. “The scent of blood, I don’t want to know what predators will appear.”

“We know there are bears here, so what do we do?” Ulrich asked.

“Get out of here as fast as we can.” Kiba said going through his bag and took his canteen and a cloth out. He poured some of the cold water onto the cloth, rang it out so not a lot of water was in it, folded it, and placed it on Yumi’s forehead.

“You know how to take care of her, right?” Ulrich asked.

“Yeah, it’s hot out, so to keep Yumi from over heating.” Kiba pointed to the cloth. “A simple damp cloth will do.” Ulrich nodded as Kiba started cleaning out some of the wounds on her arm.

“Odd and the others are probably looking for us.” Ulrich said.

“Go wait for them, I’ll take care of Yumi and meet you guys later.” Kiba said, Ulrich nodded and ran off near the oak tree, marked with Yumi’s backpack, where the gang was going to meet back up. Odd was the first to show up.

“Don’t worry Odd, me and Kiba found Yumi.” Ulrich said. Odd smiled.

“Wow, and I was going to say we lost her for good.” Odd said trying to turn a gloomy day to a better one. Jeremie and Aelita showed up and Odd told them the good news.

“Great, now where is she?” Jeremie asked.

“Here!” Kiba said as he walked up with Yumi on his back, she was still out, so Kiba used a ripped piece on one of his shirts to tie her wrists together around his neck so she wouldn’t fall off. Her head was on his shoulder. “We need to get back to camp and meet up with Mr. Steindler there.” The group nodded and started running back to the campsite. As the group ran back, they where meet by an unexpected visitor, a Black bear. Normally they would be afraid of you, but this one came straight at them, the eye of Xana in his eyes. The group made a run for the trees, Kiba, Odd and Ulrich climbed the large trees to get away from the bear. Aelita and Jeremie tried to get to Jeremie’s lab top, but the possessed bear came toward them. Aelita screamed as the bear lifted his paw and dropped it on top of her, scratching her lower neck and shoulder, she was out cold.

“AELITA!” Jeremie yelled as a rock hit the bear in the face.

“Pick on someone your own size!” Odd yelled.

“Come on XANA, is that the best you can do?” Ulrich asked as the bear came toward them. Kiba jumped out of the tree and ran toward Jeremie and Aelita.

“Is she ok?” Kiba asked looking at the wound. He took a cloth out of the emergency kit and wrapped it around the wound after he cleaned it out.

“Jeremie, you’ll need to carry Aelita, we should head to Mrs. Hurtz campsite, maybe Mr. Steindler’s there.” Kiba said as he looked back at Odd and Ulrich, Odd has a scratch on his arm from the bear, and Ulrich had a cut on his cheek, but other then that a few bruises. The bear turned and started running Kiba’s direction. “Ok, Xana, this is your biggest mistake.” The bear got on two legs, and then Kiba knew what would happen if he turned to run, Yumi would get hurt. Instead he stood his ground as the bear came down and bit his leg. Kiba took his Dagger out and stabbed the bear in the back with it, making the bear release his grip on his leg, Kiba made a ran toward the tree to climb back up, but when he took both his arms and was in mid-jump, his knot keeping Yumi’s wrists together came undone and Yumi fell on his back.

“Damn!” Kiba yelling in anger as the bear came dangerously close to Yumi. Ulrich got in front of Yumi as Kiba jumped down and ran to help Odd, knowing his sister was in good hands. The bear got on two legs and jumped on Ulrich, biting his arm with his claws in his side and shoulder.

“Xana really has us numbered.” Odd said as he and Kiba tried to reach Ulrich in time. All of a sudden out of nowhere, a white wolf jumped out and bit the bear in the neck chasing the bear off.

“Ok, that just happened?” Odd asked helping Ulrich up.

“Franz Hopper happened.” Jeremie said. “He activated at tower and forced Xana to deactivate his.”

“So Franz Hopper is alive?” Ulrich asked.

“Yeah, Aelita will be very happy when I tell her the news.” Jeremie said.

“Now I have to explain how Yumi got that extra bruise on her back.” Kiba said scratching the back of his neck, knowing Yumi would have a bruise from the small fall. “I get an ‘F’ in knots 101 don’t I?”

“Welcome to the club.” Odd said.

“Lets just get to Mrs. Hurtz campsite and get out of here.” Jeremie said trying to pick up Aelita. “Odd, a little help.”

“No problem Professor No Muscle.” Odd said as he easily picked her up and the group walked over to the river, where Mrs. Hurtz would be.

“I need a vacation from this vacation.” Kiba said, this time picking Yumi up instead of trying to tie her to his back.

Soon they came near where the site was.

“Odd, Run over that hill and get everyone’s attention before the buses leave.” Kiba said. Odd nodded and ran off with Aelita.

“Come on.” Ulrich said as the other three started running as they reached the other side of the hill, Jim was already looking there way, taking his cell out to call an ambulance. Ten minutes later, Jim had gotten their bags in the baggage compartment and the ambulance was their, Taking Yumi, Aelita, Kiba, Ulrich, and Odd. Jeremie got on the bus.

Chapter 7: Elements of the Gang by GarageKid

Elements of the Gang

 

After the long month after the camping trip, the gang seemed to be doing much better, Yumi’s broken arm from the fall has healed along was all of the bruising, Kiba has become a true Lyoko warrior, Ulrich’s Grades are up, Aelita and Jeremie are close to finding Franz Hopper, Odd has been working on songs for the band, Yumi and Kiba’s dad has stopped drinking, and everything seemed to be going smoothly, on top of the new element training.

“Come on Odd, Your beast element is no where near as strong as my fire element.” Kiba said as the group walked through the school yard. “Besides, I also have lightning as an element.”

“What makes you so special?” Odd asked.

“Well, nothing, lightning is just a cold form of fire, didn’t you study that?” Kiba asked.

“Yeah, but of cause Odd wasn’t paying any attention.” Ulrich said.

“Besides, Yumes has two elements too and your not arguing with her.” Kiba pointed out.

“That’s because girls like my body in 3D and I’d like to keep it that way.” Odd said.

“Speaking of Yumi, You’ve been quiet, anything wrong?” Kiba asked.

“No, I’m fine.” Yumi said. Kiba didn’t buy that, she didn’t look fine or happy. Kiba stopping, making the others stop and looked over at his sister.

“No, your not fine. If you where you wouldn’t have that look in your eyes that says your upset about something.” Kiba said sternly.

“I said I was ok, and I am.” Yumi said looking away from him not making eye contact. Jeremie and Aelita knew this was going to be a brother, sister kind of event and decided to hurry to their next class, Aelita whispered it to Odd who whispered it to Ulrich so they hurried to class leaving the two siblings to talk.

“Yumes, look at me.” Kiba said, it wasn’t fair for Yumi, he knew she couldn’t resist listening to him when he used a warm brotherly tone like he did. She slowly looked up at him. “Why?”

“Why what?” Yumi asked.

“Do you have this look in your eyes that says you are upset. Your eyes always seem darker when your upset, and very distant. So tell me what’s wrong.” Kiba said.

“Well, you said mom was killed by a drunk driver, and well I was wondering how she could ever fall in love with someone like that.” Yumi half lied, that wasn’t troubling her, but she thought it would be good enough as an excuse.

“I don’t know, it seemed to happen so fast she must not have even known what had happened. But that’s not bothering you is it? No, now what is bothering you?” Kiba knew too well to trick into anything.

“Why is it, when mom left, she wanted nothing to do with me, when I said I wanted to stay with dad, she said and I quote ‘I have no problem with you staying with a fool like your dad. For all I know both of you are headed to the same place, down the drain with the rest of your father’s cheerer. Besides no one wants you to come with me anyway.’ What did she mean by that?” Yumi asked, and Kiba knew she was telling the truth this time.

“Yumes, I figured that out when I was 13 two years ago.” Kiba started.

“We’re twins, I know how old you are.” Yumi commented.

“Well, It’s really hard to tell you this, but It wasn’t you no one wanted, it was what was inside you no one wanted.” Kiba said which made Yumi tilt her head in confusion. “Did you ever once notice that your elements are opposite from mine? Did you ever ask why people back in Japan treated you like trash and threw you aside? How about why you and me share animalistic characteristics? Like our teeth. It was a bloodline that dad had and it grows stronger in you then me even stronger then dad. The tale is that every hundred years, a Nine-Tailed Fox demon is born in the body of a human in the Ishiyama clan.”

“So, people fear me because they think I’m the Nine-Tailed Fox?” Yumi asked. “Mom hated me because of it?”

“Yeah, and they don’t think, they know. You are the Nine-Tailed Fox, the blood doesn’t lie.” Kiba say the fear in his own sister’s face.

“You’re the one who’s lying!” Yumi said angrily and ran off, jumping through the tree tops on all fours to get away from him. Faster and faster.

Why didn’t anyone tell me! Why did everyone make me suffer so much as a child. Now here I am 15 years old, a teenager just finding out she’s a demon and never knew it till now. NO Kiba’s lying he’s playing a cruel trick on me.

The thoughts came to Yumi faster then ever she stopped and looked down on her neck where the fox necklace lay around her neck, Yumi ripped it off and threw it to the ground as she kept running through the trees.

Kiba stood there, he never wanted to hurt his sister like that, but the sooner she knew the better. Kiba walked to his next class hoping, Yumi Would skip classes.

***After School***

Yumi missed school completely. Kiba walked to the bench where the gang normally meets and waited for the others. Ulrich and Odd where the first to show up.

“Where’s Yumi?” Ulrich asked.

“I wish I knew.” Kiba said. Odd and Ulrich looked at him.

“What did you say to her?” Odd asked. Kiba told them about his conversation with Yumi and that Yumi ran off and he hasn’t seen her since.

“A demon?” Odd questioned.

“A demon a Spirit. Whichever way you like to put it.” Kiba said and looked into the woods worried about his sister. Soon the group looked through the woods for Yumi, splitting up. Ulrich looked around near the Hermitage.

“Yumi!” Ulrich called as he felt himself step on something, he looked down to see the white gold fox necklace Yumi normally wore, the chain was broken. Ulrich picked it up and cleaned it using his shirt to get the dirt off. Ulrich put it in his pocket and continued to look. Yumi must have been very upset to have broken her favorite necklace. He walked through the woods a little more and stopped near Yumi’s favorite tree and looked up to see Yumi, laying like a fox on one of the thick branches. Ulrich had to admit, she did look cute when she slept.

“Yumes.” Ulrich called as he saw her move before looking down at him. She jumped out of the tree landing on her feet.

“What?” Yumi asked. Ulrich couldn’t help but give her an understanding smile.

“Kiba told me about what happened. And that you are suppose to be the Nine-Tailed Fox Spirit.” Ulrich started.

“Demon.” Yumi corrected. “Spirits are good, Demons are evil and that’s what my mom thought of me.”

“You know Yumi, I bet if we did a little research on the Nine-Tailed Fox, you might feel less upset.” Ulrich said as he took her by the arm and ran back to his dorm, turned on his new laptop and opened the internet, typing in ‘Nine-Tailed Fox’ in the search and looked back at Yumi to see her reading over his shoulder. He looked at the links and clicked on the ‘Japan’s Clan History’ link.

“I text Kiba and told him where we where.” Yumi said, Ulrich could feel her breathing down his neck, she didn’t mean to, but he wasn’t going to correct her for he didn’t real mind it. Both reading the writing on the webpage:

The Nine-Tailed Fox Spirit is the honored symbol of the Ishiyama and Uzumaki clans said to have started out in the Uzumaki clan and branched out to the Ishiyama clan over time, though both clans are said to deadly due to the dangerous symbol known as the Nine-Tailed Fox. The Nine-Tailed Fox was first discovered out of a long folk Tale about a young Uzumaki boy who was given the living breathing Fox Spirit to hold in his body. It’s Elements have been known to be Water and Wind, though the Fox only is absorbed by a member of the clans once every hundred years, the host must not be looked at as a criminal, but as a hero. Because in keeping the demon trapped in their body, it prevents the demon from destroying the worlds of both human and spirit.

At the bottom of the page was a large red furred fox with nine tails and yellow eyes.

“See, Spirit not Demon.” Ulrich Pointed out Yumi looked over at him and threw him a playful punch.

“Coming from the Earth element guy, what are you gonna do? Throw rocks at your opponents?” Yumi teased before Ulrich turned around and tackled her on the bed. Yumi looked into Ulrich’s brown eyes as he came down and kissed her. She wrapped her arms around his neck, but all too soon, a knock was on the door, as the teens broke up and Ulrich Opened the door to see Kiba and Odd.

“Don’t you have a key Odd?” Yumi asked.

“I forgot it.” Odd said as Kiwi poked his head out with Odd’s key in his mouth.

“Dad called, your in big trouble for skipping classes.” Kiba teased as he held his cell phone above her head. Yumi smiled and took his cell too fast for him to draw it back. “HEY!”

“If you want it back you gotta take it from me.” Yumi said running out of the room with her brother chasing her.

“YUMI!” Kiba yelled.

“Gotta catch me to kill me!” Yumi yelled back.

“Don’t give me any ideas!” Kiba yelled with a playful tone to his voice.

End Notes:
Remember the intros and what elemets the characters are is on www.freewebs.com/everstray if you need help.
Killer in Kadic Part 1 by GarageKid

Killer in Kadic Part 1

 

Yumi and Kiba walked to the grounds of Kadic like they normally did, see the others, greeting the, bell rings, off to class. The normal routine for the group with maybe a Xana attack, but that wasn’t the case. Kiba and Yumi headed off to the science building for their class as the others went in another direction.

“How troublesome, Xana decides to go on holiday as we have a huge test.” Kiba said leaning back.

“Aniki, you really need to lighten up, after all, we only get a break so rarely.” Yumi said as Kiba looked at her.

“Good point.” Kiba agreed as the teacher walked in and passed out the tests.

As school ended, man was it a boring day at Kadic, basic element training, Jim didn’t even get hurt this time, and basic everything, it was way to normal of a day.

“What a drag.” Kiba said as they headed to the dorms.

“Well, what did you get for number 4 on the History test?” Yumi asked.

“You guys had a history and science test today? I solute you.” Odd said.

“I got B. the year in with the Attack on Pearl Harbor was 1942.” Kiba said.

“Same here.” Yumi agreed.

“What about question 10?” Kiba asked in their boring conversation. Yumi sighed seeming to admit to how boring it was.

“I got D. During WWII The Jews where transported to Sweden as the captains of the ships used special clothes containing chemicals that temporarily paralyzed the sense of smell of the soldier’s dogs.”

“I got E. This is a drag!” Kiba said. All of a sudden, a blood curtailing scream could be heard. The gang raced out of the room down the stars to what was the teachers’ lounge. Mrs. Hurtz lie bloody, dead, on the ground. As the group walked through the door, they all froze at the site. Kiba turned his head to the letters written in blood on the wall.

Kadic High, You are all going to DIE

“Kadic High…..You are….all Going…to…..Die.” Kiba read in a frozen tone. Soon a huge crowd of Students where in the Teachers’ lounge.

“Aelita and I are going to see if Xana is behind this.” Jeremie said as he and Aelita raced to the computer room where Jeremie had left his laptop because he was downloading a song for Odd that Odd wanted him to Email to him. Ulrich looked over to Yumi, her face very pale at the sight, an uneasy feeling in her stomach. Kiba looked over at the group of students.

“Alright, everyone evacuate the school.” Kiba said sternly, as the group got to the doors they where locked.

“I don’t want to die!” Milly cried.

“Hiroki.” Yumi whispered. Kiba seemed to know what she said.

“Yumi! Kiba!” Hiroki’s voice yelled as he and his friend Johnny came running over. The power went out, but it was still evening, so they could see. As footsteps seemed to be running at them, Kiba got prepared. The students saw a White thing fly into the air, and landing on Yumi, licking her face, the white thing was a huge white dog.

“Akamaru!” Yumi yelled pushing the big dog off.

“He scared us all half to death.” Emilie said as Akamaru wagged his tail happily.

“How’d he get here?” Kiba asked.

“Who knows?” Yumi asked as she stood up. “All that maters is finding a way out before we all end up like Mrs. Hurtz. And I also have a feeling dad’s gonna be drinking after this event.” Kiba nodded sadly at the thought of their dad going back to drinking.

“DADDY!” Sissi Yelled out of pure fear.

“Sissi, calm down.” Yumi said sternly. Sissi turned to her. “If you want to make it out alive, your stop complaining and get focused on the problem we already have.” Ulrich could tell Yumi’s inner leadership instincts where kicking in.

“She’s right nobody panic, that will only make things much worse.” Kiba said. “First off, someone is killing, and as it said, they want to kill all of Kadic, but who would want to do that?”

“A drunk psycho.” Yumi answered and she did have a point. “Or someone who wanted something from killing. Money, riches, drugs.”

“The second one was more realistic.” Emilie said.

“But why would they start with Mrs. Hurtz? Wouldn’t they hold a hostage?” Theo asked.

“Look around, we are the hostages here.” Yumi said. “The best thing was can do is find a way out, of find what the person wants.”

“Maybe we should head towards the roof?” Herb suggested.

“That would be a way out.” Kiba said. “Alright lets go.” Kiba said as the large group started up the stair case.

Drip

Drop

Drip

Drop

The sound seemed to be getting closer, all or a sudden, Yumi could see a small corpse hanging from a rope Yumi froze up before taking another step, seeing as everyone else stopped dead in their tracks. Yumi could only hear the sound of her own heart beat faster and faster. She finally saw what, who was hanging and turned to face the others, mainly Odd. It was too dark for the others to see.

“Um, Odd, you might not want to see this.” Yumi warned.

“Why not?” Odd asked in a nervous voice.

“Well, lets just say the killer’s not fond of dogs.” Yumi said. Odd froze realizing what she was talking about.

“KIWI!” Odd yelled running up to the corpse, Kiba flashed his flashlight he had in his back pack, it was Kiwi.

“He’s not dead.” Kiba said. “Just Petrified.” Odd looked at Kiwi’s bloody body. Ulrich could have sworn he saw something move as his head jerked following the sight.

“What’s this?” Yumi asked pulling a piece of paper out of Kiwi’s collar and opening it up, it was a note written in blood. Yumi read it out loud: “What’s this a dog in the dorms of Kadic? No surprise there. My next target is human, black hair. That’s All I will tell you.”

“Black hair?” Kiba asked. “You, me, Sissi, and Herb have black hair.”

“Is that suppose to make anyone feel better?” Yumi asked.

“Well, this guy must me very smart to have known when everyone would be in the dorms.” Ulrich said. Kiba nodded.

“I can’t die, I just can’t!” Sissi yelled in fear. “I’m to young and beautiful.”

“Like I didn’t know that was coming.” Emilie said rolling her eyes. “How can we even believe what he says?” All of a sudden, Herb went flying back words down the stairs. An Arrow had gone through him.

“HERB!” Sissi Screamed at the thought of loosing him, even though he was a pain. But it was too late, he was dead. Kiba picked up the note near the arrow and read it out loud.

“Stop trying to find a way out, there is none, and aren’t you missing a blonde and a pink? Well, better hope they aren’t dead. My next target will be young.” Kiba said. Yumi looked down at Hiroki.

“How is he doing this, attacking us from different sides in less then seconds?” Theo asked.

“Their might not be only one.” Yumi said. Hiroki noticed Akamaru strayed a little from the others, so he walked a few steps toward him. All of a sudden Kunai started coming at him, Yumi seeing he strayed from the pack pushed him out of the way.

“Are you two ok?” Kiba asked.

“Yeah.” Yumi said.

“He missed, lousy shot.” Kiba said. Yumi helped Hiroki up and looked over at Kiba.

“I wouldn’t talk if I where you and we have a bigger problem, where are Jeremie and Aelita?” Yumi asked with a worried face.

“We need to find them.” Odd said.

“Wait a minute, how do we know Aelita and Jeremie aren’t the killers?” Ray asked.

“First off, Jeremie has a lousy track record, second, Aelita wouldn’t hurt a fly, and third, You’re a moron.” Yumi said angrily and then held Akamaru by the collar to keep him from running off.

“It’s she hot when she’s hot?” Ray asked Clay with Ulrich too close.

“Back off!” Ulrich said. “Only in your dreams.”

Chapter 9: Killer in Kadic Part 2: Nine-Tailed Fox by GarageKid

Killer in Kadic Part 2: Nine-Tailed Fox

 

The group of students continued to make their way to the top of the building. Though many of them had given up. Hiroki was so scared, he clang on to Yumi’s leg, so every now and again, Yumi would trip but catch herself and tell him not to get so close incase something where to happen, she can’t run with him on her leg.

“Why would anyone want to kill all of Kadic?” Odd asked holding Kiwi close after he finished wrapping the wounds.

“I think whoever it is might be after the nine-tailed fox within Yumes.” Kiba whispered to Ulrich.

“I don’t get that? How can anyone do that?” Ulrich asked in a whisper.

“It’s pretty simple if you’ve had the right training, but if Yumi and the Fox are separated, Yumi will die.” Kiba whispered back. “The thing is, a special ritual of demon summoning is the only thing that will break the seal keeping the demon in Yumi.”

“What seal?” Ulrich whispered the question.

“A Demon seal, with is a spiritual seal that locks the Fox Within Yumi.” Kiba said remembering to keep his voice down. “But I did notice one thing I should have mentioned, the seal is loosening, and the demon’s energy is starting to leak through. With can be bad, but can also be good. Yumi can use the energy to fight, but more then she could handle could set the demon free, only in that case it’ll use Yumi’s body instead of fully breaking out and killing Yumi.”

“Our Killer has been quiet.” Danielle, the new girl said. She preferred to be called “Danni” for her Tomboy personality abandons her more girly name. She whore black sneakers, black boot cut jeans, and a long sleeve white shirt with a black short sleeve V neck over it. She was also in Yumi and Kiba’s Grade and seemed to be a loner.

“He sure has, hopefully we’ll make it to the roof in one piece.” Kiba said.

“Aw, Don’t tell me your scared, after all you have that big dog to protect you.” Danni said in a playful tone as the group reached the third floor of the science building. Kiba opened the door and the group walked through.

“If we don’t get out of here, I’ll-I’ll scream!” Sissi said.

“Look, Missy Sissi, there are much younger kids here that are ten times more afraid then you at the time.” Danni said getting tired of Sissi complaints. Hiroki looked around and clung tighter to Yumi.

“I don’t care what happens as long as we get out of here.” Ray said.

“OK everyone just a few more levels and we’ll hit the roof.” Kiba said as he kicked the door open.

“What about Jeremie and Aelita?” Yumi asked.

“We need to hope their outside.” Kiba said. Yumi looked down at Hiroki.

“Hiroki stay with Kiba.” Yumi whispered before running off.

“Yumi!” Kiba yelled, but Yumi was already out of sight.

“Maybe one of us should follow her.” Danni said.

“Alright, then you go play catch up, your faster then anyone else here. Be careful.” Kiba said as Danni ran off. Kiba lead the others up to the roof.

Meanwhile Danni ran faster and faster after Yumi.

“Yumi!” Danni yelled as she caught sight of her.

“Danielle, you where supposed to stay with Kiba and the others.” Yumi said.

“First of all call me Danni, and second you could get yourself killed if you tried to fight this off on your own.” Danni said minding the use of her real name.

“I need to find Jeremie and Aelita.” Yumi said continuing to walk forward. Danni followed her and continued to look as well.

“So what do they look like?” Danni asked.

“Jeremie you can’t miss, his blond hair should stick out, as well as Aelita’s pink hair.” Yumi said continuing to look. Danni put a hand through her dark chocolate brown hair.

“Any clue where they could be?” Danni asked.

“Maybe.” Yumi said. All of a sudden, she couldn’t move, her body was numb.

“What’s wrong?” Danni asked noticing Yumi was unable to move.

“I. . don’t. .know.” Yumi said trying to move but couldn’t.

“Well, well, well.” A voice said before a figure appeared with the eye of Xana in his Eyes, William. A shadow fusion has fused his and Yumi’s shadow. Make Yumi unable to move, but the side effect was that is one got hurt, the other would be hurt.

“Who is that?” Danni asked noticing the huge sword in William’s hand.

“The killer.” Yumi said. As William charged at Danni, Danni jumped up landing on William’s back and then jumped off sending him flying into the wall.

“I don’t care who he is, he’s going down!” Danni said launching a punch to William’s Stomach, but her fist went through him. “Ok, maybe this wont be as easy as it looks.”

I need to slow him down.

Yumi though as she spotted a kunai on the ground near her feet, with the little movement in her body, she picked it up.

“Prepare to die!” William yelled as tackled Danni to the wall, she got up and head butted him in the chest sending him flying. She fell to the ground and held her knee, she sprained it while putting more force then necessary.

“Now!” Yumi whispered thrusting the kunai into her side, William was also in pain as he looked over to see Yumi.

“Suicide you idiot!” William yelled running toward her. Yumi pulled the kunai out of her side and thrust it into the thigh. Keeping the clone from running. Danni was stunned.

“Yumi, you OK?” Danni asked as William got up and defused his shadow with Yumi’s.

“Well, you better run, I have a back up plane that will be a ‘heart breaker’” William ran off and Yumi had an idea where. She forced herself up and ran over to Danni.

“Are you OK?” Yumi asked.

“I can’t move my knee, you’ll have to stop this guy.” Danni said. “I’ll keep looking for Jeremie and Aelita.”

“How?” Yumi said.

“I’m good with first aid, I’ll be fine now go!” Danni said as Yumi ran off.

On her way up the staircase, she could hear the other students yelling. As she reached the roof Ulrich was laying on the flat rooftop with cuts all over him, Kiba and the other students where out of sight. Yumi could feel a strange energy overpowering her. Red energy covered Yumi’s body as her nails turned into claws and her blue eyes turned fire red.

“The Nine-Tailed Fox’s Chakara.” Kiba whispered to himself sensing the red chakara.

Meanwhile on the roof Yumi had lashed out on William sending him flying through the air and disappearing. As Yumi returned to her normal stat, she walked over to Ulrich. Who started to wake up.

Chapter 10: New Scanner and New Hero by GarageKid

New Scanner and New Hero

 

Jeremie finished the new scanner he built. He was planning since the group was growing, they where going to need a new scanner. Jeremie had been working on the project for weeks, and now he stepped back to admire his work. Aelita had been talking about letting another member join the group, but Jeremie wasn’t sure, Kiba had just finished getting used to Lyoko, and Jeremie wasn’t thinking about having another member of the group. On the other hand Aelita had been spending a lot of time with Danielle, to prove she was loyal enough to join.

“Nice new scanner Jeremie.” Kiba said as the rest of the group, minus Aelita, meet up at the factory.

“Where’s Aelita?” Jeremie asked.

“With Danielle.” Odd said. “I don’t know why your so down on her, Danielle’s cute. Who am I kidding! She’s hot!”

“yeah.” Kiba said.

“Someone has a crush.” Yumi said pointing to Kiba.

“Shut up” Kiba said blushing.

“We just had a new member!” Jeremie said. “I don’t really trust Danielle, no one really knows her.”

“I talked to her.” Yumi said. “She’s nice, a bit headstrong, and short tempered, but she does give one hundred and ten percent.”

“YOU talked to her?” Jeremie asked in amazement. “Miss. Don’t mess with me or I’ll kick you butt talked to someone?” Yumi nodded.

“Do you trust Danielle?” Ulrich asked.

“Yeah.” Yumi said. “And really Jeremie, I’m not that antisocial.”

“You where a loner before the Lyoko group.” Odd pointed out before Yumi stomped on his foot. “AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!” Odd yipped.

“Now I know how much damage your combat boots can do.” Ulrich said. Yumi smirked.

“I think Danielle would be a great new addition.” Kiba said. “Jeremie, I know your strict about new members, but Xana must be planning a huge attack to be so quiet so long.”

“And he did materialize William and used him against us, so a new member could come in handy.” Odd said.

“OK, but no more.” Jeremie said.

“Agreed!” The other teens said as they headed out of the factory and to the school.

Meanwhile Aelita and Danielle were talking in the school yard.

“So you really do a lot of horseback riding, can you compete?” Aelita asked.

“Not yet, next summer I’ll be competing.” Danielle said. “I hid all my dad’s trophies in my room, it took him a week to find out.”

“Do you own a horse?” Aelita asked.

“No, I ride school horses. I fell twice, got my foot stepped on by a horse twice, and was bitten.” Danielle said.

“You remember everything from your lessens don’t you?” Aelita asked smiling.

“Yup.” Danielle said as the group walked up. “Hi Yumi, guys.”

“Hi Dani Aelita.” Jeremie said. “Aelita, remember how you wanted to make Danielle a member of the group?”

“You say ‘yes’ didn’t you!” Aelita said happily.

“Well, yeah.” Jeremie said and turned to Danielle. “Can you keep a secret?”

“Yup.” Danielle said. Jeremie nodded. The group walked through the woods leading Danielle to the factory.

“Xana? I don’t get it.” Danielle said.

“Xana is a computer virus that is bent on destroying the world, we can’t shut down the supper computer because Aelita’s father is skill on Lyoko.” Jeremie explained. As they reached the computer room Kiba and Danielle got to the scanner room.

“Since Danielle is new, and Kiba could use more practice, you two get a free Lyoko training session.” Jeremie said as Kiba and Danielle got into a scanner, Neither of then setting foot into the new scanner.

“Ready Jeremie.” Kiba called.

“Ok. Transfer Kiba, Transfer Danielle. . . . . . Scanner Kiba, Scanner Danielle. . . . . . Virtualization!”

On Lyoko, Danielle’s Lyoko form was black and white armor that resembled the dog version of Odd’s Lyoko form without the ears. Danielle looked at her tail and dog-pawed gloves.

“I’m a dog?” Danielle asked.

“Don’t feel bad, Odd’s a cat.” Kiba said.

“Careful guys you have bloks heading your way.” Jeremie said.

“Bloks?” Danielle asked.

“Them.” Kiba said pointing to four block shaped monsters. Kiba drew his sword.

“What do I do?” Danielle asked.

“Fight.” Kiba said.

“Yeah I got that, but with what?” Danielle asked. One of the blocks fired a laser that Danielle was able to dodge. “That did it! Bring it!” Without thinking threw her fist forward, bringing forth a blue energy in the shape of her paw flying through the air hitting one of the blocks and destroying it.

“Cool!” Kiba said as he ran toward the second one. “Shadow Clone.” Kiba called as two temporary clones of him self went around the block by both sides as Kiba jumped on the top as the clones vanished and he destroyed the block with his sword.

“What’s Xana up to?” Jeremie asked himself.

“Is there a problem? Should we head to the scanner room?” Aelita asked.

“No, I just need to run a few tests.” Jeremie said typing quickly on the key board. “That’s weird there’s a count down here, and it’s not for a return in time. It’s also coded.”

“Xana must be up to something.” Ulrich said.

“But what? And why would he need a count down for it?” Yumi asked.

“Who knows, but our new Lyoko warriors need to practice. I’ll try to decode the count down tonight.” Jeremie said.

“Hey, remember us?” Kiba asked as Danielle found out her paws could also bring forth arrows like Odd.

“Ok, guys XANA is sending more monsters so keep on your toes.” Jeremie said.

End Notes:

New Character Break down

Danielle’s Powers on Lyoko

1. Beast Paw- an energy punch that can hit long range opponents.

2. Laser shot- like Odd’s Laser arrows.

3. Shield- Like Odd’s Shield.

Kiba’s Powers on Lyoko

1. Shadow Clone- Like Ulrich’s Triplicate

2. Solo- A power that adds two swords to Kiba’s Weaponry, allowing him three swords to fight off monsters.

3. Lightning Blade- Kiba’s Blade is electrified to take out stronger monsters.

Jeremie’s Uploads

Yumi:

Birsinger- Yumi attacks the opponent with a ball of spinning energy. (Can only be used with the Nine-Tailed Fox’s Chakara.)

Odd:

Power Arrows- Odd Fires Arrows like a machine gun.

Chapter 11: News by GarageKid

News

 

Yumi was still fast asleep that Sunday morning. No school, No XANA attack, just a nice cool autumn morning, Akamaru slept at her feet, normally he slept in Kiba’s room, but when Kiba got up in the morning, Akamaru came into her room.

“Yumi, wake up sleepy head.” Kiba said coming into her room. Akamaru lifted his head in greeting before laying it back down on the bed. Yumi turned to her side with her back to Kiba.

“Come on, it’s almost noon and your still sleeping? Wake up. You got something in the mail yesterday.” Kiba said shaking Yumi awake.

“Ok, ok, I’m up.” Yumi said. Kiba handed her the envelope She took it and sat up in the bed. Akamaru pulled his head up to watch her as Kiba walked out.

“Oh, and you better not fall asleep again.” Kiba warned as he walked out the door. Yumi looked at the return address to see who it was from, to her surprise, the letter was from Japan and the return address was familiar. She opened it and unfolded the paper and read it silently.

Dear Yumes,

I haven’t seen you in a while, well, more like two years. Things have been lonely with out you here. No one really cares too much about who’s gone and who’s here, funny how rumors go around so quickly if no one cares. I heard about your mom from Mr. Inuzuka, remember him? He was Hige’s dad that ran the Rodmen shop down the street, and Hige was who Kiba would hang around with. Iruka even remembers you. I don’t have to tell you who he is, you should remember him. I guess I was really lonely without you around, you know, but that’s not why I wrote to you. I got a scholarship so I’ll be coming to France to go to school as a boarder at Kadic. Kiba told me that was where you where going, I hope you don’t mind. Never thought I could even get a scholarship without parents, after all my mom and dad died in war ten years ago now, and you know living alone sucks unless you have someone to hang around with. Well, I’ll see you as soon as I get to France, hope to see you there.

Your Old and Good Friend,

Daisuke

Yumi nearly jumped out of her bed reading his name. Daisuke had been her best friend back in Japan before she had to move. She moved to France when she was 13 after moving all over before. She had known Daisuke since she was 6. She hopped out of bed, got dressed, and headed down stairs. Kiba looked up at her.

“Well someone has a bit more bounce in there step today.” Kiba stared. “What was the letter about?”

“Daisuke, he got a scholarship and is coming to Kadic.” Yumi said as Kiba frowned.

“What about Ulrich? isn’t he going to, ya know, feel jealous about you being around a guys like Daisuke?”

“Don’t worry I’ll talk to him before Daisuke shows up, no problem.” Yumi said. She walked out the door headed to the school.

“Hey, be back for dinner, and don’t go smooching Ulrich all night.” Kiba called.

“Yeah, as long as you tell Danielle you like her already.” Yumi said leaning on the door frame.

“I can’t today me and dad go fishing.” Kiba said. “Hiroki’s comin’ too, dad thinks the father/son time’ll take our minds off the last months disaster. He didn’t thinks you’d be interested.”

“And I’m not. Enjoy your fishing trip, see you at dinner.” Yumi said walking out the door. Kiba went back to packing for the trip, hoping Yumi wouldn’t forget.

*** Kadic School Yard ***

The brownish blonde hair of the new boy drew attention from all of the teenaged cheerleaders. Even Sissi stopped to look at the new Japanese hottie. He wore white sneakers with a light blue trim, white slightly baggy jeans, and a light blue short sleeve shirt with a wide turtle neck collar. To top off the outfit, was a headband made of dark blue fabric with a metal bar on the middle with the symbol of his old village on it. His blue colored eyes looking around the new area. Sissi walked up to him.

“Hello there, I don’t think we’ve met, I’m Sissi the principal’s daughter.” Sissi said.

“Well, I’m looking for someone at the time, so if you don’t mind.” The boy said trying to get by her.

“That’s rude of you to just walk by without a friendly conversation.” Sissi said.

“Look, I’m rather busy getting my dorm, unpacking, and all. I even told you I was trying to find someone. In my culture, It’s rude to distract someone to there plans.” The boy said looking annoyed.

“At least tell me who your looking for, I might know them.” Sissi said.

“Well, oh what the hell, I’m looking for Yumi Ishiyama.” He said.

“Interesting.”

Chapter 12: Nothing But The Truth by GarageKid

Nothing but the Truth

Ulrich and Odd wandered along the school yard. Until the principal’s walked up to them.

“Well, Ulrich looks like Yumi stood you up.” Sissi said.

“What are you talking about?” Ulrich asked.

“Beat it Sissi no one needs you screwing things up.” Odd said.

“Well, I just wanted you to know that Yumi was with that really hot Japanese boy that transferred here. In fact he was looking for her this morning. I guessed they must have met before.” Sissi said with has cat-like grin. “In fact, their together now, take a look.” She pointed to the tree near the bench where Yumi and the dark blonde were talking. Ulrich felt his anger rise. Did there kiss mean nothing to her? He walked over to where they where talking.

“Looks like Ulrich will dump Yumi, and be all mine.” Sissi said.

“In your dreams Sissi, he loves Yumi and he’s not going to dump her.” Odd said in a confident tone. Ulrich walked over to Yumi and took her arm.

“Can I talk to you?” Ulrich asked before pulling her away into the woods near the manhole cover leading to the factory. Without thinking, he turned around and slapped her across the face and started yelling.

“Why would you go off with someone else! I don’t know him and you haven’t said anything about him! WHO is he? Did our kiss mean nothing to you?!” Ulrich yelled without really thinking it through. He saw the hurt look in Yumi’s blue eyes, a hand went up to her sore cheek.

“Didn’t I? Oh shit.” Yumi murmured to herself, but just loud enough for Ulrich to hear. “I didn’t tell you about the letter, did I?”

“No, what letter?” Ulrich asked feeling very bad that he hit Yumi and yelled at her.

“That boy, was Daisuke, my friend I’ve known since I was six.” Yumi started refusing to make eye contact. Ulrich knew why, now that he hit her she knew she was being punished, she had said her dad would hit her when he got angry with her, so she knew. “We’re just friends, more like a brother/sister relation ship than anything else. Dating him would be like me dating Kiba.” Ulrich noticed the shiver going down her spine at the thought. Ulrich pulled her into a hug as if apologizing for hitting and yelling at her.

“I’m so sorry I hit you, I lost my temper.” Ulrich said. Yumi rested her head on his shoulder.

“Sometime, honestly, you scare me when your like that. But, please, don’t hit me again.” Yumi begged. Ulrich nuzzled her neck as if promising never to hit her and scare her like he had done. They stayed like that for a while, until Yumi pulled away from him.

“Sorry, but I promised Daisuke I’d show him around. If you come with along, you and Daisuke will get to know each other.” Yumi suggested.

“OK.” Ulrich said after all it was the least he could do for getting mad at her. “At a price.” He teased bring her to his lips.

“Easy big boy, but if every time you hit me I get a kiss, fire away.” Yumi said as the kiss ended. Ulrich laughed lightly at her. “Come on.” Yumi pulled him back toward where Daisuke was standing.

“Hey Daisuke, this is Ulrich.” Yumi introduced. The blonde look over and smiled.

“Nice to meet you. Daisuke’s the name, but you can call me Davis if you’d prefer.” Daisuke shook Ulrich’s hand as they toured the campus. The rest of the gang also seemed to think he was a great guy. Kiba had walked through the gates.

“Fishin’ trip not go as good as you’d thought?” Yumi asked.

“Naw, but Hiroki caught a big one.” Kiba said. “Hey Davis! Didn’t think you’d be here till tonight at the earliest.”

“Well, you know, I couldn’t wait to see you and Yumi again.” Daisuke said.

*** Later that Evening, Ulrich and Odd’s Dorm ***

“Davis, you said you and Yumi where friends since you both where six, is Yumes just a childish nickname?” Aelita asked.

“Kinda, ‘Yumes’ means ‘Dream’ in Japanese. I guess the nickname stuck over time.” Daisuke said.

“And you would never go out with Yumi?” Odd asked to be annoying.

“Dating Yumi would feel more like dating my sister.” Daisuke said truthfully. Danielle looked around the room.

“Something wrong?” Kiba asked her.

“Oh, no, I was just spacing.” Danielle said. She was honest about when she spaced out on the rest of the gang. She was an amazing writer, so she would get an idea and space out thinking about it.

“Hey Yumi, we better got goin’ it’s almost dinner.” Kiba said.

“What’s on the menu?” She asked.

“Dad’s trying grandpa’s ten potato casserole. When he could just make a pot of ramen.” Kiba said.

“I don’t think I’m that hungry tonight.” Yumi commented as Kiba nodded in agreement.

“You should come over Davis, Akamaru missed you.” Kiba said.

“How is little Akamaru?” Daisuke asked.

“Not so little any more.” Yumi told him.

*** After Dinner Ishiyama household ***

“Great to see you again Daisuke.” Mr. Ishiyama greeted as he walked through the door.

“Akamaru’s huge.” He commented as he sat down on the couch in the living room.

“Funny, Yumes said the same thing.” Kiba said as he walked out of the room to feed Akamaru.

“Hey Yumes, Iruka did want me to tell you something.” Daisuke said.

“What?” Yumi asked.

“Just another lesson. He said that sometimes you have to choose between sacrificing and watching your friends die. You need to think before you choose. That’s a no-brainer, I would sacrifice my own life to save people I love and care about.” Daisuke said.

“Another lesson from the book of Iruka, how original.” Yumi said.

“What would you pick Yumes?” Daisuke asked.

“I don’t know, I guess I also would sacrifice my life to protect my friends. But the odds are slim that I would have to make such a decision. But sacrificing my life would be the route I take when I do have to make such a choice.” Yumi said. Daisuke smiled.

“I better get goin’ see ye tomorrow.” Daisuke waved as he left.

Chapter 13: Nightmare by GarageKid

Nightmare

“Mr. Ishiyama you have to understand, you daughter took a major beating.” The doctor said. Both Mr. and Mrs. Ishiyama, Iruka, and 4-year-old Kiba were sitting in a large white waiting room.

“The car accident took a lot of her energy. She might not make it.” Iruka stood at the sound of the nurse’s voice.

“It there anyway we could help?” Iruka asked. Takaro stood up and looked at Iruka.

“This is pointless, even if she is your student, it’s pointless to stay here Iruka.” Takaro said as Iruka looked over at him.

“There is one way we can help save her, Kyuubi.” Iruka said as the spike blonde hair grabbed him by the green vest and pinned him to the wall.

“Kyuubi?! The forth Hokage gave his life to impression the beast. And now you wish to release it to save the girl?!” Takaro yelled. Iruka broke out of the grip.

“This girl is already bound to have the Kyuubi blood line more then any other Ishiyama has. If Kyuubi is sealed inside her, it wouldn’t make any difference in her personality and it wouldn’t hurt her. It’ll be the simplest seal ritual in the book.” Iruka said. “But of course her parents must approve.”

“I don’t want to raise some kind of demon!” Mrs. Ishiyama yelled.

“She’s our daughter, and we need to think about what’s best for her. Having Kyuubi sealed to her is the only way to save her, I approve.” Mr. Ishiyama said. “Young Kiba here wants to grow up with his sister. Do you want Kiba as a young boy to lose his sister?”

“Fine.” Mrs. Ishiyama said. Iruka walked over to a white room where the young 4-year-old girl was laying. Takaro came through the door with the scroll that held Kyuubi prisoner.

“This won’t hurt a bit.” Iruka promised taking the cursed scroll. “Listen good Kyuubi, your getting your getting your freedom back at an extent, you help this girl live, and you’ll be out of the scroll.”

“Kyuubi will make changes in the girl. Iruka, be aware that if her body can’t hold the demon, she’ll die.”

“She’s going to die anyway.” Iruka said. “This is the only way she’ll be able to live.”

“Ok, Who’s going to do it?” Takaro asked. Iruka walked closer to the bed and made the hand sign to seal the demon.

“Demon Seal” Iruka said as the red chakara surrounded the body absorbing into the young girl’s body, a black mark formed on her upper arm. As soon as the ritual ended Iruka faced Takaro.

“Done, and her heart rate’s picked up.” Iruka said. “It worked!”

“She’s asleep now, but when she wakes up, she’ll be fine.” Iruka said leaving the room.

*** 12:30am Ishiyama household ***

Yumi woke up with Akamaru by her feet. The dream was strange to her, why would she dream about the accident 11 years ago? She pulled the covers over her head and fell slowly back to sleep.

*** Yumi’s second Dream ***

6-year old Yumi walked through the small village. People ignoring her as she walked home from school. Other kids walked with there parents.

“Look, that the girl that”

“Shh, where not allowed to talk about that.”

Yumi could here as she walked down the lonely street. People had known about the beast, so why was she unknowing at this age. She started into a jog down the street, being stopped by a bridge builder.

“Watch it, beat it!” he yelled kicking at her making her run. She hid in the old town tool shed no one used anymore. She noticed a brownish blonde haired boy sitting by himself on the pier. His blue eyes looked up to see her as she walked over to him.

“I know you from school.” He said patting the spot next to him for her to sit. She took a seat next to him.

“I’m Yumi.” She said.

“I’m Daisuke, but you can call me Davis if you’d like.” Daisuke said. “Why are you always all alone?”

“I should be asking you that, I have my brother, you never are around anyone else.” Yumi said.

***

“Nice work Yumi.” Iruka said as her and Daisuke finished the optical course. “Your teamwork improved. Kiba, your speed was two seconds faster then last time. And Daisuke, you made a great improvement.”

“Thanks Iruka sensei.” The three said.

“Keep up the good work.” Iruka said.

***

Yumi woke to Akamaru licking her face.

“I’m up you silly dog.” She said. Her head hurt her today. She picked herself up and headed for the shower.

*** Kadic School yard ***

Ulrich stood in the school yard waiting for Yumi to show up. As he watched her make her way over to the school yard, he could tell she looked tired.

“Hi Yumi.” He said as she and Kiba walked over.

“Hi Ulrich.” Kiba said as if pointing out he was here too. Danielle walked over to the three.

“Yo, Ulrich, The principal said someone was here to see you in the office.” Danielle said. “I think is was your dad.”

“Oh great.” Ulrich said sarcastically as he headed to the office.

“Hi Kiba, Yumi. Odd, Aelita, and Jeremie are waiting for us in the cafeteria.” Danielle said as she led the way. They all watched Jeremie type on his computer before he decided to speak up.

“XANA has mastered being able to devitalized William while keeping control of him. Which means we all have to be on our toes. Mainly because now he can do it without activating a tower. I also have to run another program to give us some of our Lyoko powers to help fight XANA since he can give William all of his Lyoko powers.” Jeremie said then turned up to Yumi. “I’d also like to run a program for that nine-tailed fox if you don’t mind Yumi.”

“Not at all.” Yumi said.

“Then we’ll have a huge advantage against Xana.” Jeremie said as the bell rang for first period.

*** Yumi’s Math Class ***

Yumi and Kiba where taking notes, Yumi had decided to sit next to Daisuke this time, which left Kiba and Danielle to sit together. As the bell rang so did Yumi’s cell.

“Hello?” Yumi said as she got to the hall way.

“Yumi, XANA’s attacking, get to the factory, Kiba and Danielle are already on their way.” Jeremie’s voice said.

“Ok, be right there.” Yumi said as Daisuke looked over at her.

“Something wrong?” Daisuke asked.

“No, Jeremie just wants to see me.” Yumi said.

“Want me to come?” Daisuke asked.

“Well, uh, it’s kinda, well.” Yumi stuttered as they got outside. “To tell the truth, I’m meeting Ulrich, so see ya later.” Yumi dashed out toward the woods, Daisuke followed her silently so she wouldn’t know he was there. On the way to the factory, Yumi felt something hard tackle her to the tree.

“Xana” Yumi whispered as she saw XANA William standing near her. Yumi got up and kicked him, but her foot went through him instead of hurting him. She felt his hand grab her by her neck and lift her up. A bird chirping some made her open her eyes to see William with a ball of lightning.

“William don’t! Fight XANA don’t let him do this!” Yumi pleaded before hearing him chuckle.

“Your friends not here anymore.” Xana William said as he thrust the ball of lightning into her upper left arm. As Yumi fought her way down, William grabbed her left arm pulling it back until she heard it crack. Yumi let out a cry of pain as she felt warm blood flow up her throat out of her mouth.

“Get away from her!” She heard a familiar voice yell as William was tackled away from her. She opened her eyes to see Daisuke standing there.

“What the hell are you doing?!” Yumi questioned.

“Save your strength, your tired and you took a beating, I’ll take it from here.” Daisuke said looking at William was daggers in his eyes. Yumi couldn’t move from the spot under the tree, blood formed a puddle from her bleeding arm.

“If. . .you fight. . . he’ll kill you.” Yumi’s weak voice pleaded.

“That’s a chance, I’m willing to take for you. This guy beat at you and broke your arm, I’m not going to back down.” Daisuke said running at William nailing a punch to his face. The second punch was to William’s stomach sending him up into the air a few feet allowing Daisuke to punch him in the back enforcing the speed in the fall, causing more damage. Daisuke kicked the Xana William’s torso sending him into a tree. William got up and ran forward taking a kunai from his pocket and tossing it stabbing Daisuke in the chest, blood also flowing out of his mouth. Yumi watched as Daisuke and William lashed out fists at each other before William slashed the kunai again at Daisuke. Forcing him to trip as a pool of blood formed around him.

“DAISUKE!” Yumi yelled. “Daisuke answer me!” No sound came from Daisuke.

“Yu-mi, you’ve gotten much stronger since the last time we met.” Daisuke’s weak voice said.

“Idiot! Why did you have to fight?!” Yumi yelled tears going down her face.

“Like I said, I would fight and die for people I care about.” Daisuke’s eyes closed.

“Daisuke? DAISUKE!?” Yumi cried. But no answer came. Yumi watched as Xana William headed to the factory.

“No, DAMN IT!” Yumi yelled angrily. “XANA will pay for this!” She looked over at Daisuke’s motionless body. Moments later she could hear her name being called.

“Yumi?” Odd’s voice asked. “Yumi! Are you OK?” Yumi didn’t answer, she lay there feeling the bleeding of her arm make a bigger puddle of blood where she lay.

“Yumi?” Odd kneeled down and helped her to a sitting position. “What happened?”

“Xana, Attack” Yumi said weakly as she tilted over losing conciseness. Ulrich walked over to where Odd was.

“YUMI!” Ulrich dropped to his knees seeing her. “Odd, call an ambulance.” Odd nodded as he ran off. Knowing both Yumi and Daisuke needed help. Ulrich stayed with Yumi.

“Have you been crying?” He asked even know she couldn’t answer. He looked over at Daisuke who was laying in a pool of blood. Even though Ulrich didn’t know him too well, he worried for both their lives. He turned back to Yumi. “I hate it when you cry, it breaks my heart to see you suffer.” Ulrich felt a rush of relief as he heard the ambulance alarms in the distance.

Chapter 14: Slipped Away by GarageKid

Slipped Away

Yumi lay on the white hospital bed. She had been told the news, Daisuke was dead. She didn’t take her eyes on his blue headband that lay on her lap. The funeral was today as well as the day Yumi could leave the hospital. She stepped onto the cold floor, and pulled on her black long sleeve shirt and her black pants (Note that they are not jeans) and her combat boots. (This is the traditional Japanese funeral wardrobe)

“Yumi?” Kiba asked walking through the door wearing a black short sleeve shirt, his black dog collar, black slacks, and black sneakers. “Ready to go?”

“Yeah.” She said as they walked out to their dad’s car. Their dad drove them to the funeral which was held at the only Japanese church in town. Odd, Ulrich, Danielle, Aelita, and Jeremie came along to show support.

“I can’t believe Xana took his first victim.” Jeremie said.

“I hate funerals, they remind me too much about my brother.” Danielle said, her older brother had died when she was in the fifth grade.

“Look at these pictures.” Odd said. There was a picture of Yumi and Daisuke as little kids, one as a school graduation shot with Daisuke, Yumi and Kiba, Kiba and Daisuke as little kids, Daisuke’s last school photo, and one that was taken two years ago of Yumi, Daisuke, and Kiba which was there last day together before Yumi moved to France. Ulrich looked around at the others, there was pictures from Halloween and Christmas, pictures in school yards and in classrooms, pictures of them as little kids growing up, it made Ulrich realize how much of a family Yumi, Kiba, and Daisuke were.

“Hey Yumi.” Danielle’s voice said snapping Ulrich out of his daze.

“How are you feeling?” Aelita asked.

“Ok, I guess.” Yumi said. Kiba didn’t look too happy either, both of them looked sad. Daisuke’s grandparents came and where seated in the back of the church. Kiba put his head down, Akamaru was on a leash that was held in his hand.

Na na, na na na, na na
I miss you, miss you so bad
I don't forget you, oh it's so sad
I hope you can hear me
I remember it clearly

Yumi and Kiba sat silently during the funeral. Aelita and Danielle couldn’t help but feel most of the pain they where. Danielle looked over at Kiba with understanding eyes. He looked down at her as she lay her head on his shoulder.

“It’s gonna be ok.” Danielle told him.

“It’s Yumes I’m worried about.” Kiba whispered to her.

The day you slipped away
Was the day I found it won't be the same
Ooooh

It seemed so little while ago it was clear, but rain now fell from the sky. Ulrich noticed Yumi staring out the window watching the rain. He looked over at her trying to make eye contact to get in her head and see what she was thinking. But she refused to make eye contact.

“It’ll be ok Yumes, you know that right?” Ulrich asked.

“XANA will pay from this though.” Yumi said with determined eyes. “Nothing’s going to be the same without Daisuke.”

Na na na na na na na

I didn't get around to kiss you
Goodbye on the hand
I wish that I could see you again
I know that I can't

Yumi let her head drop so she was staring at her feet. Ulrich pulled an arm around her and let her head drop on to his shoulder. He felt one tear run down from Yumi’s cheek to his neck.

Oooooh
I hope you can hear me cause I remember it clearly

The day you slipped away
Was the day I found it won't be the same
Ooooh

Akamaru got his head under Yumi’s hand asking to be pet. Yumi scratched his ears as he tried to get on her lap.

“Akamaru, your too heavy.” Yumi said pushing the dog off.

“Are you saying Akamaru’s fat?” Kiba asked.

“You’re the one who hasn’t notice how much he’s grown in 5 years.” Yumi commented as she went back to listening to what Daisuke’s grandmother was saying about Daisuke.

I had my wake up
Won't you wake up
I keep asking why
And I can't take it
It wasn't fake
It happened, you passed by

“Daisuke lived by himself, in his own apartment since both his parents died when he was 6.” His grandfather said.

“He lived on his own since he was 5 when his parents died in war.” Kiba corrected.

“So he did, well would you young man like to take over?” He asked as Kiba stood up.

“My pleasure.” Kiba said as he took over.

Now you are gone, now you are gone
There you go, there you go
Somewhere I can't bring you back
Now you are gone, now you are gone
There you go, there you go,
Somewhere your not coming back

After the funeral the group walked through parking lot with rain poring down.

“You talked more then Daisuke’s grandparents.” Yumi said.

“Well, you talked your fair share too, we knew Daisuke better then they did.” Kiba said.

“One thing, Akamaru is not sneaking in my room tonight all wet.” Yumi said. Danielle pulled a text book over her head to stop the flow of rain on her head.

“You can’t use a school book as an umbrella.” Jeremie scolded.

“Chill, it’s only science. I hate science.” Danielle said.

The day you slipped away
Was the day I found it won't be the same noo..
The day you slipped away
Was the day that I found it won't be the same oooh...

Na na, na na na, na na
I miss you

Chapter 15: Kyuubi by GarageKid

Kyuubi

 

Yumi and Kiba headed home as soon as they got there, Yumi headed for bed. After changing into her T-shirt and black sweat pants she normally slept with and sat on the Japanese style bed before Kiba walked in.

“Yumi, Iruka called.” Kiba informed her. “He said he heard about Daisuke from his grandparents, He want’s to take you back to Japan to train with the Nine-Tailed Fox demon. He said you’ve had too much wasted time living like a normal teen when you’ve got to realize your not.”

“No.” Yumi said.

“He said he was coming by tomorrow to see how you where doing.” Kiba said. “Yumes, your not normal. He said it was time for you to realize, Kyuubi is a dangerous demon. If you learn how to control the demon, you’ll live without the nightmares.”

“I don’t care, I’m not going to Japan and leave Ulrich and the rest of the gang here.” Yumi said stubbornly.

“Yumi, if you could have controlled the demon earlier, you could have saved Daisuke. If you learn, you’ll be able to save the rest of the gang from an attack like that.” Kiba said.

“Kiba, my arm’s broken.” Yumi said.

“Yumi.” Yumi noticed his voice had a strong chuckle to it. “You can move your arm, One of the powers of the Kyuubi is that you can heal from most injuries.” With that, Yumi took off the cast with full mobility of her arm.

“Awesome.” Yumi said.

“Yumi, you have to head off to Japan.” Kiba said. “If you don’t, You’ll die.”

“What?!” Yumi jumped at the comment.

“Yumi, the seal holding the demon inside you will break and release the demon unless you go to Japan and train.” Kiba said. “You’ll die.”

“What about XANA? What about School? What about Hiroki?” Yumi asked.

“Yumi, you have to go to Japan, there’s no other choice.” Kiba said leaving the room. “Good-Night.”

“Good-Night.” Yumi said.

Chapter 16: No More Good-Byes by GarageKid

No More Good-Byes

 

Yumi and Kiba walked down the stairs to the kitchen where Iruka was waiting, drinking coffee and chatting with Mr. Ishiyama. Yumi could tell it was him, his dark tan skin, black pants and long sleeve shirt with the green jacket. The one thing very noticeable about him was the scar across his face.

“All packed?” Iruka asked. Yumi nodded.

“Say your good-byes and lets go.” Iruka said. He wasn’t normally pushy, but he must have know this was serious. Yumi and Kiba headed to Kadic. In the school yard they met up with the gang, and Kiba filled them in.

“What, you can’t go to Japan.” Aelita complained nearly at tears because she knew she would lose a friend either way.

“I really don’t want to leave, but I have no choice.” Yumi said.

“I’m really going to miss you Yumi.” Aelita said hugging the older girl. As soon as Aelita backed off it was Jeremie came up.

“We all are going to miss you.” Jeremie said as Yumi gave him a hug, knowing he wasn’t going to hug her on his own. Odd was next to speak as their hug broke up.

“But if your gone, who will help me when I play a two on two basketball game with Clone William and Clay?” Odd asked getting his hug.

“Sorry Odd.” Yumi said. “Danielle?”

“If you leave, who will take the blame when I let Mrs. Hurtz spiders loose in the girls locker room?” Danielle asked.

“Will you at leave try to stay out of trouble while I’m gone?” Yumi asked.

“No.” Danielle said before she got her hug.

“Where’s Ulrich?” Yumi asked.

“He ran toward the dorms after hearing you had to go to Japan.” Odd said.

“Your going straight to the airport after this right?” Kiba asked. Yumi nodded.

“Well, I guess Akamaru will have to find someone else to sleep with.” Kiba almost joked before he hugged his sister.

“Tell Akamaru I’ll miss him.” Yumi murmured before hurrying off to find Ulrich. She knocked on his dorm door. Seeing him open it and without a word letting her in.

“So, your leaving.” Ulrich said. “I’ll miss you.”

“I’ll miss you too. You are a great boyfriend Ulrich, no one could ever replace you.” Yumi said.

“You wont be happy until I’m crying will you?” Ulrich asked voice cracking.

“You’re the one thing I’ll miss the most. Sure your quiet but you’re a great person when I’m with you, I’m not afraid to have a relationship.” Yumi’s voice started to crack as well. “I guess I wont be happy until both of us are crying.” Ulrich hugged her as tears went down her face. Ulrich didn’t want to in front of her, but he also had tears in his eyes.

“I guess this is good-bye.” Ulrich said pulling away.

“Never say ‘good-bye’ because ‘good-bye’ means forever and I will see you again Ulrich, I swear on Daisuke’s grave I’ll see you again.” Yumi said.

“OK,” Ulrich said fishing in his pocket for something. “Before you go.” He said holding on her Kitsune necklace on a new white gold chain she had dropped a few weeks ago.

“Ulrich?” Yumi questioned taking the necklace.

“I was going to give it too you earlier, but you broke the chain and I saved up to buy a new one for you.” Ulrich said. Yumi looked up into Ulrich’s chocolate eye.

“One more kiss before I go?” Yumi asked. Ulrich lowered his head until their lips met in a passionate, hungry, kiss that seemed to last forever. As soon as they pulled apart for air Yumi was the first to speak.

“I will see you again.” Yumi said. “I swear it.”

Chapter 17: Part 2 Filler by GarageKid

Part 2

 

Two years go by and the gang has changed very much. Ulrich has average grades ranging from C’s and B’s not being able to cop with Yumi being gone and always worried about her. Ulrich has also been asked out by every girl in the school, but denied all of them knowing Yumi had sworn to come back one day, though the two years had made him nearly give on the dream of her ever coming back. Ulrich is an average, but very quiet, Kadic High school Freshmen while fighting XANA doesn’t seem to interest him as much as hoping Yumi will come back.

Meanwhile Odd has also been trying to cheer Ulrich up, though he was dumped by Sam a year ago. Odd is also a Freshmen at Kadic High, also he was able to sneak Kiwi into the school. Odd also was given the title “Kadic’s number one hyper-active Prankster.”

Danielle has also changed, well clothes wise, she now wears baggy blue jeans, black and white tennis shoes, and a black short sleeve shirt, and a black cap topping off the outfit. She also has a huge lifestyle as a horseback rider, now that she owns a bay gelding with a white star on his forehead named Morning Star or “Star” for short. Danielle has also won competitions with Star and has been tied up between Lyoko, Star, and School. She also works with the Pop-Rock Progressers as an effects manager and also helps Odd with the music videos.

Jeremie and Aelita broke up because Aelita comments that they have had a slow relationship because of Jeremie paying more attention to the computer and not her. Aelita had also said she realized that people have a happy relation ship if they have opposites and similarities that balance out.

Meanwhile Kiba has been focused on his Lyoko training as well as trying to get in touch with his sister. His father was killed in a shooting caused by someone from their mother’s side of the family, but because Kiba was mature for his age, he and Hiroki live in an apartment off campus and have been living there with Akamaru.

Meanwhile in Japan Yumi has been able to reach five out of nine levels of the nine-tailed fox, and is ready to head back to France. She has had training with the Demon’s Katana and fans that act like the ones she uses on Lyoko. Excited about her going back to France. Her clothes have changed slightly, she wears black combat boots, black jeans that end in the middle of her knee and ankle, a purple halter top with a black jacket fitting her like her old turtle neck sweater but longer, the outfit is topped off with Daisuke’s headband tied around her upper left arm.

Chapter 18: Heroine Comback by GarageKid

Heroine Comeback

 

Light winter wind blew through her ebony hair, her black jacket unzipped to show the purple top, and the blue confident eyes looked through the memorable area. She climbed up the well-known oak tree to the top to get a better look, long-ago memories filled her head.

“Getting excited are we?” asked her sensei, his brown eyes watching her stand on the high branch and look out to the area she knew and loved.

“Nothing’s changed in my 2-year absence. Except the new school, and that I’ll be attending High school now and not middle. It looks so much the same, the trees, the city, everything.” She let her blue eyes look down at her sensei as she jumped out of the tree landing perfectly on her two feet as the two kept walking toward Kadic High School.

*** Kadic High Gymnasium ***

“I’ve gotta walk Kiwi still, see you guys later.” Odd said as he pulled on his winter jacket and ran to his room to get Kiwi.

“Hi Kiwi, ready for a walk my little diggity-dog.” Odd said hooking the leash and sneaking the dog into the near by woods. Danielle was at Pine Hollow with Morning Star making sure his water trough was taken out so he didn’t get sick, Ulrich was in his room studying, Jeremie was in his room on his computer, and Aelita was working on a project for music

*** Woods ***

“So, why are you so happy to see all your friends?” Iruka asked.

“Well, today is Ulrich’s birthday, December 1st, and it makes even more fun to surprise him. I decided to have the rest of the gang help me with the surprise. He’ll be really happy to see me.” Yumi said thinking about the look on Ulrich’s face when he saw her. She stopped and shivered to zip her coat up more, even though she had her black one underneath, she still had to wear a heavy black sweatshirt to keep warm in the snow. The sound of Kiwi barking lead up to him jumping and yipping at her feet.

“Yumi?” Odd’s voice asked. Yumi turned to him and smiled. “It really is you!” Odd said as Yumi gave him a hug that meant “hello” while Kiwi licked at her boots.

“How’s everyone?” Yumi asked.

“I’ll be re-enrolling you K? That gives to time to catch up with your friends.” Iruka called as he headed to the office building.

“Ulrich misses you so much, Aelita is taking a music class and has this big project she’s working on, Danielle has a new horse named Morning Star she uses in contests, Aelita and Jeremie broke up.” Odd said.

“Wow, back up, Aelita and Jeremie broke up?” Yumi asked in astonishment.

“Yeah, I can’t really remember why it was a year ago or so.” Odd said. “How was Japan?”

“OK, I heard about my dad’s shooting. Training was the least of it, some of my family members on my dad’s side helped me train, their all really nice.” Yumi said. “I wanted to ask you about Ulrich birthday.” Odd seemed to know what Yumi had in mind.

“We’re going to give him a surprise party in the lobby, Aelita, Kiba, and Jeremie and decorating now, and Danielle is supposed to help after she takes care of Morning Star.” Odd informed her. “It will be even more of a surprise when he sees you.”

“OK, lets go surprise the others first.” Yumi said as Odd and her walked toward the boys’ dorm lobby.

*** Boys’ Lobby ***

Aelita looked up to see Odd walk through the door followed by the familiar black haired Japanese teen. Aelita rushed over and hugged Yumi before even saying “hello” Kiba and Jeremie looked just as surprised.

“Hi Aelita.” Yumi said as Aelita ended the hug, Yumi and noticed Aelita’s change in height, she was now only 2 inches shorter then Yumi. Kiba put his sister in a friendly headlock.

“I missed ya sis!” Kiba said. Jeremie got his hug after Kiba decided to let Yumi go.

“I missed you guys too.” Yumi said. Kiba playfully pounded on her back as a way of saying hello. Yumi had gotten used to Kiba’s rough housing as much as he used Akamaru as an excuse to hid things. (Like when he said good-bye to Yumi before she headed to Japan from those of you who didn’t understand why he was say Akamaru would miss Yumi. J get it.) Anyway, as Danielle entered the room, she also gave Yumi a huge. An hour later the lobby was decorated for their party.

“All you need is a bow and you’ll be the best birthday present Ulrich ever gets.” Odd said fishing out a black ribbon.

“Your kidding right?” Yumi asked as Odd lifted up one black ribbon, one red one, and two green.

“What do you think guys?” Odd asked.

“Green or back, red doesn’t match with her shirt.” Danielle commented.

“Ah guys?” Yumi asked unsurely.

“I also found one in blue and one in purple.” Aelita called. “Or do you think pink?”

“Jeremie, say something.” Yumi begged.

“I think the purple one will look fine.” Jeremie said.

“Me too.” Danielle said as Aelita nodded in agreement.

“Kiba?” Yumi asked looking at her brother with a pleading look.

“I’ll hold her down!” Kiba offered. A small yip escaped Yumi’s lips before Kiba went to grab her, she moved out of the way.

“Really funny,” Yumi said unsure if this was really a joke.

“You can either go with a ribbon, or in a box, your choice.” Danielle said motioning to the large box.

*** Ulrich’s dorm ***

“ULRICH!” Odd called.

“What?” Ulrich asked as Odd walked through the door.

“Ya gotta come to the lobby!” Odd said jumping up and down.

“Why?” Ulrich asked. Odd thought for a moment to think of a way to get him down there. Soon the best idea came to his spiky haired head.

“Sissi’s drunk, ya gotta see this.” Odd said pulling Ulrich by the arm out of the room. Ulrich followed Odd obediently toward the boys’ lobby. As soon as Ulrich opened the door, the room was dark, as Odd reached for the light and turned it on that the group minus Yumi jumped out.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY!” The group cheered.

“We have a very special present for you.” Danielle said as she headed toward the storage closet. “Right behind door number one.” Ulrich’s jaw dropped as she opened the door. Behind the door was Yumi, with the purple ribbon around her waist, she had taken the black jacket off and tied Daisuke’s headband around her upper arm where it normally was with her jacket.

“Aw, I guess that means you didn’t miss me?” Yumi asked seeing Ulrich hesitation. As soon as he broke out of his trance he tackled her with a hug.

“We’ll leave you two alone, but make it quick, I’m hungry.” Odd said motioning to the cake Danielle had ordered for the occasion. Ulrich’s arms remained tight around Yumi’s waist pulling her against his chest. Her chin rested on his shoulder as he tightened up more as if she where going to run from him.

“Ulrich, I can’t breath.” Yumi said he loosened his hold on her waist enough to lean down a kiss her. As soon as their kiss ended Odd was pounding on the door.

“I said hurry up!” Odd called.

“OK OK!” Ulrich called back.

End Notes:

I'm not going to be able to update for a while, I'm going on vacation tomorrow and my parents said no computers, so see ya when I come back!

Chapter 19: XANA's on the Run!! by GarageKid

XANA on the Run!

 

Jeremie typed quickly on the key board before bringing his head up to the rest of the gang.

“What’s up Jeremie?” Kiba asked.

“I keep looking and looking over the program we used to weaken Xana, and well, I can’t seemed to find a trace of him on Lyoko at all.” Jeremie said.

“What do you mean?” Aelita asked.

“I mean he must have found a way out of the computer, out of Lyoko, and into our world.” Jeremie said. “And if he’s out of the computer, that means he can attack freely through out us without us knowing.” Jeremie said.

“Interesting Jeremie, but it’s late and me and Yumes have to get to the apartment.” Kiba said as he and his sister walked out of the room.

*** The next day, Homeroom ***

Yumi and Kiba ran through to the school and toward their homeroom.

“I can’t believe you forgot to set the alarm.” Kiba said.

“How was I supposed to know to wake you up, I sleep on the couch.” Yumi pointed out. Sadly, with their two bedroom apartment Yumi had to sleep on the pull out couch. Kiba turned the corner and finished the run as the bell rang.

“Ah, Mr. Ishiyama, you and your sister decided to come to class after all.” The teacher said as Yumi and Kiba took their seats. “Now class aside from Miss. Ishiyama coming back to join Kadic, we also have another new student. Please give a warm welcome to Zan Carthage.” As soon as the name was out a boy with black hair and a emo looking outfit walked through the door. All he did was nod before taking a seat in the back of the classroom.

“How dumb does XANA think we are?” Danielle whispered.

“Dumb? He thinks where down to Earth stupid not to pick that one up.” Kiba said.

“Aniki has a point. XANA sure has a stupid cover name. Kiwi could’ve picked that up.” Yumi said as class want on and the there kept an eye on Zan, or should we say XANA.

*** After School ***

Kiba, Danielle, and Yumi met up with the others.

“We found XANA that’s for sure, he’s posing as a new student named Zan Carthage.” Danielle said as the others showed up.

“Does he really think we’re that stupid?” Odd asked.

“We have no idea what he’s planning, he might want us to know who he is. Either that, or that’s a normal boy who happens to have a name similar to XANA.” Jeremie said.

“Yeah, too bad we know this is Xana.” Kiba said. “XANA’s the only person to pose as an emo student with a name like Zan Carthage.”

“I wonder what XANA wants.” Jeremie said.

“The usual. The chance to kill us all and take over the world.” Ulrich said. “Too bad we have our secret weapon.”

“The nine-tailed fox.” Odd said. “And with Yumi in control of it, XANA has no chance of winning.”

“I have a bad feeling about XANA posing as a student.” Yumi said. “Something doesn’t feel right.”

“I know what you mean. I all seems like a trap.” Kiba said. “He wants us to know he’s here, but the question is why.”

End Notes:
Yes, this is the end, but fear not, there will be a sequal when I get to it.
This story archived at http://codexana.net/lyokofreak/lff/viewstory.php?sid=283