Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:35 am

S4 Episode 27: Cold Sweat

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

S4 Episode 27: Cold Sweat

Postby Stephen (x1) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:32 pm

This episode is now available on Cartoon Network Video. It will remain online until February 11.

Post your comments here!

Stephen (x1) offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Kamekai » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:38 pm

Hay Stephen, haven't seen you in a while... :hello:

*goes to watch CN Video*
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby JesusFreak » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:47 pm

This Translated William versus Translated Odd and Yumi fight is really hokey.

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby Malkmusian » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:35 pm

Ulrich VS. Odd. Now, that's awesome, especially at the end.

Is that a new Brokeback Mountain?
The creator, Carth, had never experienced autism until she read my story.
Sorry I was gone.
Malkmusian offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Saphire-089 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:51 pm

I loved this episode. The ending was priceless! :D Ulrich should have known better than to take the blame. Did you see the Kolossuss (sp?)
*Avatar was made by deviant art user rinrinyan
Saphire-089 offline

Postby CustomMagnum » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:54 pm

My only complaint is that the animation for Yumi and Odd vs William really, really, sucked.

CustomMagnum offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Tangent128 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:36 pm

*Ahem*

A picture of the M13. Doesn't look a thing like the show's. The show's is cooler, though.

Kolossus is scary...
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby ginolyoko12 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:26 am

I like the storyline, but I have to agree. The animation for Yumi and Odd vs. XANA-William was rather....Suckish. When Odd was shooting arrows, it looked liked his arm was in the wrong perspective and it didn't look like they gave a care. Like there is no surprise in their face what-so-ever. Odd saying Laser Arrow got a bit annoying too.

So, besides the rushed animation. The main plot and sub-plot was great. I was expecting to see a little romance between Yumi and Ulrich though.

So, I give the episode...say...9.9 if that's possible.
My real name is Johnathan Ulrich Gino Dela-Cruz
But call me Gino for short :D
I'm 17!
ginolyoko12 offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Sciron » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:30 am

CustomMagnum wrote:My only complaint is that the animation for Yumi and Odd vs William really, really, sucked.

Yeah. William looked...weird...not even scary. And the animation was really bad. =/ (General reason I don't like Translation all that much.)

@Saphire: Spelt "Kolossus", I think. ;) (Not totally sure, but fairly sure.)

Meh, this episode was kinda interesting. When Jeremie first said that XANA was drawing energy from all his Replikas...it didn't seem like Ulrich and Aelita had an appropriate reaction, because THEY didn't know how many Replikas XANA had. We and Jeremie did, but they didn't. >.>

Also, with progress on both sides (the Kolossus, the discovery of the huge amounts of Replikas, and finding data to free William), the next episode could be rather climatic. :wink: (I know the outcome...but not saying it. >.>)

There's only one more thing I have to say. I haven't heard of "hundreds of supercomputers" here on Earth. I know there are a few, but I'm not sure if there are HUNDREDS.

(Someone on Tech Links posted the above statement...in a different form. Can't remember who it was.)

Also, the reason I contradicted the dialogue/"acting" earlier is because I saw the French version a while back, and was expecting different dialogue. =/
Sciron offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Location: Stop stalking me, and then maybe I'll tell you...NOT.

Postby Tangent128 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:52 am

At the very least, you'd think somebody would notice hundreds of supercomputers being taken over by an evil AI. Especially if it was taking steps to... vacate the facilities. And I doubt that hundreds of supercomputers powerful enough to run a Replika would be left abandoned... maybe if they were all Project Carthage affiliated. (If so, P.C. was huge.)
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby JesusFreak » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:12 am

Tangent128 wrote:At the very least, you'd think somebody would notice hundreds of supercomputers being taken over by an evil AI. Especially if it was taking steps to... vacate the facilities. And I doubt that hundreds of supercomputers powerful enough to run a Replika would be left abandoned... maybe if they were all Project Carthage affiliated. (If so, P.C. was huge.)

I can totally see that. Maybe Project Carthage was a United Nations thing, with outposts on every country that won't be boosted two levels in technology. maybe P.C. wasn't just enemy communications-jamming. Maybe...especially considering the satilite had a similar logo.

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby MY85 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:28 pm

Since Season 2, I always wanted to see a CL character murdered, especially Odd Della Robbia. At times, I was briefly able to tolerate him, but most of the time, he annoys me (this season, Odd bombs as far as I'm concerned). The first 9 minutes of this episode was a great reason as to why I would have loved to see him die.

This episode was okay at best. Big black monster is not my favourite thing. And I chuckled at the final scene.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Sithking Zero » Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:17 am

Klossus (sp?) is even better then I dared dream!!! Huge, powerful... not exactly the next Krabe or Megatank in coolness, but meh.

The Translation Xanalim fight could have been done a lot better, but generally Translation fighting isn't as good as Lyoko fighting, so I guess it's okay.

Liked the brief UXY mments, and the last seconds of the episode (of Ulrich chasing Odd) were priceless.
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:10 am

XD Those were good, and I mean good! =D
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Kamekai » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:04 pm

"Have you a better idea?"

"No."

"Do you think it'll work?"

"No."

:*D
Last edited by Kamekai on Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Taelia » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:17 pm

That was so corny, it was funny.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Kamekai » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:44 pm

Wow... this seriously could have been a Season 2 episode. It had the right amounts of everything. Drama, action, suspense, plot, humor, etc. It left me in that weird state of mind that Seasons 2 and 1 did. Furthermore, it had that music from Season 2 at the end with Ulrich and Yumi. I LOVE THAT MUSIC. If anyone has a copy of that piece, I must have it. *_*

10/10, all the way.

Tangent128 wrote:At the very least, you'd think somebody would notice hundreds of supercomputers being taken over by an evil AI. Especially if it was taking steps to... vacate the facilities. And I doubt that hundreds of supercomputers powerful enough to run a Replika would be left abandoned... maybe if they were all Project Carthage affiliated. (If so, P.C. was huge.)

*geekasm*
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Taelia » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:36 pm

XD Yumi as a pretty ballerina! XDDDD
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby HiddenWatcher » Sun May 25, 2008 7:19 pm

Aww, Jeremie can be romantic. At least when he thinks no one is looking.
HiddenWatcher offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Saphire-089 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:03 pm

Hey, I just thought of something. In the episode after Yumi first hears about the picture there's a scene with Odd playing against Ulrich. Is it me, or did they just reveal their nationalities here? (If you want to call me stupid, go ahead, I don't care.). I probably misread it, but... :umm:
Saphire-089 offline

Postby HiddenWatcher » Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:52 pm

MusicOfTheMoonAtMidnight wrote:Hey, I just thought of something. In the episode after Yumi first hears about the picture there's a scene with Odd playing against Ulrich. Is it me, or did they just reveal their nationalities here? (If you want to call me stupid, go ahead, I don't care.). I probably misread it, but... :umm:

Whoa! :shock:
HiddenWatcher offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Sciron » Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:00 pm

Except...that Odd said the Brazilian coffee bean against the German liverwrust. Or something more or less close to that. -.-

I don't know if either Odd or Ulrich is Brazilian, but I rather doubt that. He could have been saying the actual players' nationalities. But I don't know. :P
Sciron offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Location: Stop stalking me, and then maybe I'll tell you...NOT.

Postby Saphire-089 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:20 pm

5CarthageRocks wrote:Except...that Odd said the Brazilian coffee bean against the German liverwrust. Or something more or less close to that. -.-

I don't know if either Odd or Ulrich is Brazilian, but I rather doubt that. He could have been saying the actual players' nationalities. But I don't know. :P

Sorry, couldn't help but ask. I didn't believe it myself, but just wanted to confirm it. ^_^
Saphire-089 offline

Postby HiddenWatcher » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:13 pm

Of course, that leads to the question: What do coffee beans and liverwurst have to do with anything?
Last edited by HiddenWatcher on Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HiddenWatcher offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Taelia » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:07 pm

What in the name of cheese? O.o
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Next