Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:33 am

Killer Music

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Did Killer Music knock you flat?

10. I'm gonna have one of those grins for a while.
47%
9. My sawdust-filled head was rockin'.
6%
8. Not hip-hop, not R&B, nor funk, just...cool.
35%
7. Off the wall.
6%
6. Bizarre.
6%
5. I think I went into cardiac arrest...
No votes
4. Someone call an ambulance for this thing.
No votes
3. This episode doesn't even belong in the bargain bin at the CD store.
No votes
2. Can't we shut it off already?
No votes
1. The day the music died.
No votes
0. How about we call it "Not So Glad When You're Bad"?
No votes

Total votes : 17

Killer Music

Postby Reploid CB » Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:37 am

A new mp3 shows up on the web, and everybody starts downloading it. Of course, this isn't at ALL related to the epidemic that starts the next day, with giant grins plastered on every victim's faces and their heart rates racing as they collapse, one by one.

Nope, not at aaaaalllll.....

A semi Odd-centric episode, despite the fact that he's got about four lines in the entire thing, not counting the "singing." And it was a bit of a weird one-- those huge grins get really creepy after a while o.O; --but I found it okay xD Something of note though: If my memory of the original French episode serves me correctly, the mp3 originally had people singing, as well as just the music, which were removed for the English version (despite the fact you couldn't really hear what they were saying). An audio thing? *shrugs*
(Banner by Mew)

(Click for relevant cutscene xD. Sig and icon by me)

| DeviantArt |

- female - 24 - OxA/JxA/UxY - fanartist - banner maker -
Reploid CB offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Malkmusian » Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:40 pm

When I saw that episode, I was staring at Odd's grin when he was in the coma and how everybody had a grin. Did XANA see a Soundgarden video?

Is the R.U. Clematic reference a joke?
The creator, Carth, had never experienced autism until she read my story.
Sorry I was gone.
Malkmusian offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby zex marquise » Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:04 pm

Wasn't that the episode where Ulrich yelled at Odd because of his singing? I remember him yelling so loudly that Odd had to fix his hair. This was definitely one of XANA's dumber plans that actually worked. I think he stopped trying to be subtle even just a little, after this.
My other car is a gundam.
zex marquise offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby codeTONY » Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:38 pm

This happens to be my favorite episode. UxO foreva!

Actually, this is my second favorite, my first being A Fine Mess.
OMG Japanese desu yo ( ^.^)( -.-)( _ _)
I am the 334th user here on LF. bee tee dubs.
gay | UxO, UxW shipper | artist | writer |musician | trilingual | cosplayer | Otakon '07 attendee as Odd~ | ConnectiCon '09 attendee | Avatard | Odd's boy
My LJ!

♪♫♥
codeTONY offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Kamekai » Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:42 pm

this was the only episode of season 1 I hadn't seen, and since I hadn't heard of Youtube way back when, I nearly went crazy trying to find it. :D

Turns out to having been the best one, not counting the finales.
Last edited by Kamekai on Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Carth » Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:50 pm

KILLER MUSIC.

I hated the song itself- XANA is a very bad songwriter- but Odd's grin. I can't get it out of my head. 0-0
Carth offline

Postby Malkmusian » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:42 pm

I wish XANA got Stephen Malkmus to make a song to make people comatose.
The creator, Carth, had never experienced autism until she read my story.
Sorry I was gone.
Malkmusian offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby CellphoneTL » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:07 am

This was probably one of my favorite episodes of CL. I don't know why though.
Image<<Copyright Me :D

CellphoneTL offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby mitchmcmichael » Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:21 pm

Top 5 favorite CL episode.
mitchmcmichael offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby HiddenWatcher » Fri May 16, 2008 5:15 pm

1) Jeremie dreams about Aelita
2.) He talks in his sleep.
3.) Ulrich now knows this.
4.) ...And so does Aelita! :*D

Oh, and some other stuff happened, but who cares!
HiddenWatcher offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Carth » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:46 pm

Carth wrote:KILLER MUSIC.

I hated the song itself- XANA is a very bad songwriter- but Odd's grin. I can't get it out of my head. 0-0

I think that pretty much summarizes what comes to my mind when I think of this episode. But, I do want to see if I can have any deeper thoughts about it, so into the episode we go.

I've always wondered what "literary bible" meant.

City city. Dorm dorm.

And the dreams of many a fangirl are crushed as Odd reveals that he is a very, very, very bad singer. But he's still adorable and his smile still breaks my heart into several pieces. Though he should be more considerate of Ulrich! If that boy's studying he must really mean business.

He's not too good at dancing, either. But like I said, still adorable. Both of them are. This whole scene is hyperconcentrated cute. Especially the little over-the-shoulder smile. Odd is the best worst roommate ever.

"I SAID I WANT TO STUDY, ODD!" LOL!! He blew his hair sideways! Who's been writing the past few episodes? They're hilarious!

That's a pretty bad life's philosophy, Odd. "You're still going to get a zero in Physics, so listen to this!" (Oh, are they studying Physics? They don't really seem to be in any scientific field in particular in Hertz science...)

Odd, I think you're a little too high on XANA to realize that what you're saying to Ulrich does not make a lick of damned sense. (And I'm not going to write this out either, nyeh.)

"You don't ever think of anyone but yourself, and I'm fed up!" Even for a line said in rage, I think this describes Odd as a whole pretty accurately. He's about as narcissistic as he can get away with without being totally repulsive.

Aww, Odd's been dumped for Jeremie. He does look a little sad...and then lapses back into oblivion. Except not total oblivion. That comes later. He's still a pretty bad singer.

Robots! Jeremie, why do you still have time for robots when you should be concentrating on your girlfriend's materialization program? Well, I guess he does need some leisure time.

I think Jeremie's random listing-off of musical genres only further serves to prove that he is not cool in any way, shape, or form.

"I can even give you some help, if you want." That, combined with the suggestive shoulder holding, made me remember why Jeremie is CL's sexiest character. Now, is this scene overly sexual, or am I misinterpreting some touchy-feely aspect of European life? Because I remember a bunch of Chilean exchange students at my school (all girls) hugging each other out of habit.

Though Odd's a bit of a contender for that spot...what the heck is he doing to Kiwi? Whatever he's doing, Odd's sanity already appears to be deteriorating and Kiwi appears to be miserable. Wait, did he just THROW KIWI TO THE FLOOR? Oh, well, he appears to be alright. Though Odd, Odd definitely isn't. Cause he's in a coma. And now he's stuck with that smile on his face for the rest of his dismal life. D:

On an entirely misplaced note, where does Odd get all this Kiwi-themed merchandise? Or whatever breed Kiwi is anyway. Again, I appeal to you all- WHAT BREED IS KIWI? Kiwi the miserable dog...poor bub D:

Morning! Special contest- look at this picture of Ulrich without smiling. I guarantee it's impossible.

Split second Jeremie shirtless scene! He hardly ever gets those. But, wait. We just saw him taking off his blue sweater, and now he apparently has another one on? Limited wardrobe indeed.

"Oh Aelita, oh, Aelita, you're in my dreams, I can't wait until you're in my-" I don't really want to know what Jeremie was doing while he was saying that. And the way this scene is already pretty sexually charged...(am I pushing the boundaries of the outer forum?)

New challenge: look at this picture without going "ohbby" at either one of them.

The way Jeremie's embarrassed...okay, okay, I'm bad, I'm sorry! Let's focus instead on how Ulrich's tank top turned from white to olive green randomly.

Forest. Aelita...and now the scene gets stranger as we just see her looking at the display for no reason. Did she see that whole thing? Horny middle schoolers. Okay, now I'm really done.

Hey, it's this scene from Swarming Attack reused! Except Milly and Tamiya have their own voices- a bit pointlessly. Food. Ulrich needs to rekindle his bromance with Odd.

Aw great, Sissi's caught the stupid. Music. And genre-dropping has also caught the stupid.

Wait, why is Ulrich all worked up? I'm going to try and give the writers some credit by saying he really is that worried about his grades because he's worried about his dad coming and hollering at him like he eventually ended up doing. Poor bub *hugs bub*

How many times has Yumi ever said "keep me posted"?

CLEARLY, SOMETHING IS WRONG. Ulrich, feel guilty now.

Dramatic Yolande is actually dramatic Dorothy! Odd's dying, we are sad D:

Yumi's cell phone screen sucks. Yanno, Yumi, you could've always just asked to go to the infirmary if you wanted to get out of class. You wouldn't be *lying*.

Yay for the first hospital visit (of many) in the entire show! Why'd they strap Odd down? He can't move. Yay for Yumi, comforting Ulrich in his time of moral conflict!

And good move on Ulrich's part, being this dedicated to his bro. I unexpectedly love this episode. <s>And not just because it's oozing imaginary homoeroticism.</s>

Dramatic Yumi is dramatic.

Clearly there is a big problem all over the place. Why are there Kadic students (and Mrs. Hertz!) all over the hallways? "Send em to the Johnson clinic" got a laugh out of the ten-year-old living in my soul.

And now we see Jeremie getting a quick internet fix in the closet, a joke I lovingly stole from Stonecreek. The fact that they can't believe that he can attack humans directly makes me laugh, cause he suddenly develops that habit of doing it all the time...and Aelita's tower search is just the tower deactivation scene replayed backwards. This has a lot of reused scenes.

Odd's dying folks. Aelita's jumping folks. MOUNTAINS.

Sissi appears far blanker than usual. She's also not smiling. I'm disappointed. For some reason I find it easier to make pithy comments about the XANA attacks than it is to be shocked at them. If ever I go HOLY SCHNIKES at one, then you know you should rewatch the episode. Though you should still rewatch this one.

Yumi, don't listen to the music! Ah, too late.

I. LOVE. THIS. EPISODE. It's got a sort of emotional charm in it that I think made me love the series as a whole.

I think in this instance, discovering XANA activated a tower- ergo, he caused problems in the real world- would be better. A bunch of people, Odd included, suddenly going into comas for no reason would be VERY bad.

These bubs are VERY fast runners if they can get from town to factory in one phone conversation.

<s>Yolande</s> Dorothy, turn the music off. I SAID TURN IT OFF. (There's a shower in the infirmary?) And Dorothy's down. And the connection is made.

That's, what, the fourth time the supercomputer was talking? Pulsations are often spotty. I guess XANA's plan did work out after all- people like crappy catchy music about flouting the man.

Virtualization Ulrich. Are the mountains staunchly north? Mountains are totes my favorite sector.

Odd is still smiling his dying head off. "Fleming wing"- after the penicillin inventor?

Tower is on an island. No sweat, let's haul out some vehicles. Oh. Right.

It's Hot Shower lady and A Reporter Guy! This is a pretty dramatic epidemic, crashed cars and all. I'm impressed. Also, all these kids are smiling. Creeepy.

Yumi go "YEAH!"

Blok on a mountaintop. Blok on the side of the mountain? Blok in our sights! And now several bloks. And Yumi's going in.

Ulrich seems to be working in a hyper manne- and now he's frozen. Aww. Out of bounds for three minutes apparently.

Yumi gets a virtualized. Fortunately nothing's gone wrong what with her exposure to the music and all.

Aelita, you could run! And now Ulrich's back and ready to kick kiester. The bloks are active this episode.

Oh, I don't remember this! Now XANA's trying to introduce Jeremie to a better oblivion through music. And apparently the news feed is on the power cables. And now the music is EVERYWHERE. JERBUTT!

Good keeping with continuity, having the music play during the "vs" screen. Traingulate. Blok go splode. Triple team beatdown. Oh, great, now Ulrich gets a dose of the music! Great scene of him reaching for the elevator...like that'd get him out of it.

The Bloks crawling down mountains are neet. Oh, well, looky hear at this. Moving platforms. We're at the boss level.

Jeremie's crawled a LONG way! And it appears Odd's getting even more of the music...

"I did it! I did it! asdfhjkl." I'm sorry to say I laughed.

Okay, THAT was actually nervewracking! Yumi jumped but almost missed/fell into the Digital Sea...so now four out of give of the warriors are in mortal peril. GO, AELITA! Nice jumping on her part.

Nail biter minute. Seriously, they're all in danger.

Yay, return to the past! I'm happy Jer's line wasn't dubbed in.

And now we're back to the good times! Odd's still kind of stupid, being none the better for missing an entire episode. I love...well, this whole scene, actually.

"It's outta sight!" Odd had a BIG mouth when he said that. And Ulrich's suspicious face beforehand was cute. But as it turns out it's a different song. So Odd was just going to pirate music anyway.

"The reincarnation of Einstein is willing to give a lesson to a sawdust-filled head!" I'm impressed this episode managed to be awesome without him.

"Are you gonna help me or not?"
"Just a second! This song!"
And clearly, a bromance has been reborn.

PROS:
- It managed to convince me that it was amazing
- Engrossing
- Great, threatening XANA attack
- Nail biter minute was actually nail biting
- Ho Yay was actually displayed very well x3

CONS:
- Odd was not around long enough to make it more awesome
- Musical puns

I can actually think of a number for this one- 9.5. I'll give it a 10 because it's more fun than I've had with an ep yet, and because I'm feeling nice today.
Carth offline

Postby desincarnation » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:15 am

"Oh Aelita, oh, Aelita, you're in my dreams, I can't wait until you're in my-" I don't really want to know what Jeremie was doing while he was saying that.

C'mon, Jer's such an innocent kid, how dare you suggest...?!

And a comment from me:
"Promise, Romeo". Hey Ulrich, Jeremie's situation is not THAT bad.

Jeremie's crawled a LONG way!

In comparison to Ulrich, who passed out after making a few steps out of the scanner, yes he did. And he managed to program the return trip! In general, Jeremie was the tough guy in this episode. That's interesting, since later in "Mister Puck" it's suggested he's more vulnerable to XANA's attacks than the others...

Overall, one of better episodes of Season 1.
desincarnation offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko