Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:11 pm

Amnesia

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

How would you rate this episode?

10 = Perfect!
No votes
9 = Excellent
25%
8 = Very Good
17%
7 = Good
25%
6 = Decent
8%
5 = Fair
25%
4 = Not so good
No votes
3 = Bad
No votes
2 = Very Bad
No votes
1 = Poor
No votes

Total votes : 12

Amnesia

Postby Mewberries151 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:55 am

A rather Ulrich-centric episode, to be sure, but also a rather cute one in my opinion.

Ulrich loses his memory due to nanobots invading his body and attacking his memory cells, and pretty soon it starts to spread through the entire school.

I have to say that this definitely has one of the cutest Lyoko-based scenes in season 1, with Odd "re-training" Ulrich to fight in Lyoko.

What did you all think of it? Post below. ^_^
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby bduddy » Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:36 am

This was the first episode I watched... I have to say that I definitely liked the Lyoko scenes (the first thing I saw), or else I probably wouldn't be here :)

I gave it the 8 because I can't remember anything else... and given the types of episodes we have now, S1 filler always looks a little bland, to me, in comparison.
I like short signatures. Do you?

bduddy offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby MY85 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:38 am

bduddy wrote:and given the types of episodes we have now, S1 filler always looks a little bland, to me, in comparison.

Hehe... I could disagree with that argument. Zero Gravity Zone (from Season 1) is a pretty entertaining episode and is better than half Season 3 and more enjoyable than Double Take, but that's just me.

I'll watch Amnesia again sometime in the next week.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Tekirai » Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:57 am

Jeebus. How long has it been since I've seen Amnesia...? I forgot. ROFL PUN *brick'd*

I always liked this episode, especially when one of the only things Ulrich remembered was his relationship with Yumi~, hurr. I still think they could've done more with the plot, though. :\ Along with Nobody In Particular, much more could've been done with Ulrich. He could've lost his personality completely and be a shell of his former self. That would've been cool. D: Makes a good fanfic idea, actually... hrmm... *runs off*

8/10 for me. 9+ seems too much, and -7 seems too little. So 8. :P
Tekirai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Malkmusian » Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:38 pm

I haven't seen this episode in a while, but it was weird on how Ulrich got XANA-fied to become "No Memory Man" and Sissi tried to make him dump his friends for her crowd, but he soon went to his friends and then he destroyed the nanobots.
The creator, Carth, had never experienced autism until she read my story.
Sorry I was gone.
Malkmusian offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby JesusFreak » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:05 pm

I think it's a decent S1 ep. It was kind of predictable Sissi would lie like that though. It was interesting about Odd's arrows curving like that to meet the Krabe.

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby Boss Tamsy » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:33 pm

It;s a pretty good one.
Now the real question:Who will lose their memory next?
EPIC FAIL!!
Boss Tamsy offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby JesusFreak » Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:05 pm

My guess is William. If (when) he is freed from Xana's foul grasp, he would most likely forget everything, perhaps because Xana would be ripped from his mind and he would suffer from Amnesia.

Ok, probably not, but I can guess, can't I?

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby TheAppleFreak » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:51 pm

Wow... this topic is really old.
I think that this is one of the better S1 eps.
It was so expected for Sissi to try to take advantage of *nanobots attack brain*... um... what's his name... AAUGH! *falls over and wakes up soon...
Who am I?
:D

You could call this XAmnesia
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline
Someone actually trusted me to run this site
Someone actually trusted me to run this site

Postby JesusFreak » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:18 am

Nah...it's XANesia. No "m". :P

Kidding, kidding.

Eh, I think this episode was made just to tell the fledgling fanbase what the Lyoko Warriors actually do.

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Lyoko Wario » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:09 pm

Perhaps.

I thought it was pretty dull, compared to some others. I gave it a "fair" rating.
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Carth » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:20 pm

From what I remember from when I watched Season 1 about two years ago, it was about here that plot quality took a jump while pretty much everything else was fairly intermittent. I hope I'm right, otherwise Amnesia will have been entirely unmemorable.

Code: Lyoko will reset it all.

Ice Sector. I think by now we've got our heads on straight about the color of activated towers.

Science building NEVER means anything good. And neither does black tendrils of smoke. Uh oh, we've got ourselves problems...nanoscopical ones.

And here we are in class learning about this. What all this talk about nanobots makes me wonder is: is this real technology? Can nanobots really do all this, or is it as science-fictional as the supercomputer? Oh well, this show makes up its own science anyway.

I don't remember this scene at all, and yet I love it. Mrs. Hertz asked a question, Herb was all like OOOH OOH and raising his hand, and Jeremie just raised a finger with this little smile that says "I wipe the floor with all you b*tches" and got called on. And gets it right.

All this "nano" prefix business is kinda getting on my nerves. "Still has a long way to go"- okay, so it's not quite so science fictional. Except it is. And while Sissi's comment is played as stupid it's really a very good question. Whoever finds an instant cure for acne or cellulite is going to be very rich.

Odd, don't insult your wife.

"Strange. It hasn't been cleaned properly." ALL OF YOU, RUN.

"Looks like the greasy stuff Odd puts on his hair every day." While this would be a worthwhile explanation for why Odd's hair is a traffic cone, It kinda seems to stay up on its own most of the time...I mean he wears it in his sleep and all without much damage.

"Nanodevices can develop"- now this just sounds strange. Almost like they're creatures instead of machines.

Odd, you idiot. Ulrich, you even more of an idiot. Though we didn't really need that close-up of his face...

"This is a science class, not a comedy club!" With Odd Della Robbia, everything is a comedy club.

Why is there a kid kneeling near Thomas Jolivet? Uh I digress. Looks like Jerbutt has ambitions! I think with his practice he could whip science fiction into science in no time. For some reason, I really like the dialogue in this scene. It's so lively and adorable. And I'm not gong to write it all out so go back and watch the episode.

Uh oh- we've got memory loss. D: And this is where everything falls to pieces. Oh well, to the infirmary! I think Sissi wants to be Ulrich's hurt/comfort fic again.

Hi, <s>Yolande</s> Dorothy! Dorothy needs to keep herself acquainted with student drama dynamics. Clearly Sissi is not Ulrich's friend. And she just leaves Sissi alone with Ulrich in there? Where they could, I dunno, play Parcheesi freely?

Though I have to admit this scene is adorable, with her caressing him while he's asleep...during which he is rather handsome, yes, Sissi. I guess it's a good thing Ulrich lost his memory so he wouldn't have to wake up in the middle of this and be traumatized forever.

And then she pretends she wasn't doin nutin. xD

And now we see it's very clear that it's Ulrich who's got the titular amnesia. I guess it only affects parts of the brain because he can clearly still talk. And he must be reaaaalllyy close to her face cause she's lit up like a Christmas tree. And how does he know what a name is, anyway? I don't think anyone understands amnesia, least of all show writers.

Amnesia!Ulrich is actually kind of cute! And shame on you, Sissi, skewering his lack of memory!

FLASHBACKS! These were really well done I think. Being triggered by events and all...but seeing as he believes her maybe he doesn't make the connection. Or maybe he just thinks he has nothing to fall back on.

"I'll take him to his room!" Sissi.

And it looks like the stupid is contagious. Uh oh...

<3 Ulrich, looking all lost... </3 Sissi, for not recognizing that Ulrich is in serious medical danger and instead skewing with his newfound perception of things. Makes me think she cares more for the idea or image of Ulrich than she does for his actual personality.

So Odd's a creep, but Sissi isn't? Maybe he finds her more familiar because he saw her first.

Clearly Herb and Nicolas don't have any idea what's going on. And Sissi's overjoyed that she gets to have her own personal Ulrich that she can mold any way she likes. I bet it's her greatest fantasy.

Aww, looks like he forgot how to have manners! Or do friends routinely steal each others' sodas? I think they do. LOL, Herb's still drinking Ulrich's backwash.

"Sissi and Ulrich? Can you believe that?" Nope. So there's something wrong, Odd! Go fix it! Snog Sissi, it'll make things right!

Sneaky Odd is sneaky. Cookie is cookie. And it looks like Sissi's perfect fantasy isn't quite as planned.

Looks like the angrier side of Ulrich's personality hasn't entirely been wiped out. "That's not what she said!" So this is the opposite of a "that's what she said" joke?

Is the flashback dialogue totally consistent with the episode? Meh, don't wanna go back and check. Odd is a seriously tiny kid.

Poor confused Ulrich...he doesn't know who to believe or what is real. I really like that. And LOL at Sissi eating his cookie. Everyone wants Ulrich's backwash!

<s>Yolande</s> Dorothy is harried today! And Jim, too? Amnesia Jim would actually be pretty funny...

Weird = XANA, you dolts. Okay, now they get it. Maybe it was the music. Or maybe it was Mrs. Hertz.

Nanobots are XANAbots. And this XANA attack is definitely devastating; I like it! A World Without Memory, ay?

Here we are
Going far
To save, uh...
What do we love?

x)

And we just leave Mrs. Hertz while we go and be heroes, do we? I think they're functioning a little more as a team now. I like it.

Why's the hall all messy? Is everyone wandering around in a daze? Does Tristan still have his memory if he's able to tell Ulrich where his room is?

"I don't know who you are, but it seems we're friends." AWWWW!!

Isn't this the picture that's on the cover of one of the cinemangas? It's an adorable picture. It's just missing an Aelita. Which reminds me- she hasn't been in this episode at all! Not once, except when they mentioned her earlier.

The scene with Milly and Tamiya stumbling about all confused is not cute. It's HORRIFYING. Actually, everyone except Ulrich that's caught the stupid is downright creepy with the moaning. It's like they got it worse than he did...maybe they did, and his Lyoko experience saved his ability to talk, etc.

Ulrich/Yumi memories! Yay! I hope he has his head on straight now.

Sewers. Odd go "YEAH!" Factory. Pimp chair. Glacier. Unfortunately it looks like Aelita's a tower deactivator bot this episode. She doesn't even greet Jeremie before launching into her spiel.

Yay for convenient memories of where to go!

Virtualization.

"Right, boss!" x3

Ulrich's taking his sweet time. But he can't really help it as he has no idea what he's doing.

Hey, Lyoko action looks promising! Welcoming committee.

So the elevator does have a code? "I know I have something important to do here. Tell me what it is." So even though he's a gibbering gibberer, he still has loyalty to Lyoko! Go Ulrich!

Why does everyone assume that everyone knows what scanners are?

Yumi has somewhat cheesy banter in this episode. Krabe go splode. Ulrich time! I guess his memories must still be there, otherwise would his Lyoko form be different? Or, since Jerbutt could change it, does it just save from the first transfer?

LOL! He fell flat on his kiester. Mysterious Odd is mysterious! "To fight? I dunno how to fight?" Sure, you don't, but at the same time, you do!

So a simple footsweep will refresh his memory, will it, Oddbutt?

So here we have Aelita. Aelita the tower deactivator bot.

Neat waterfall area. I find I have less to say about Lyoko scenes than others. Prolly cause the Lyoko scenes aren't quite up to snuff yet.

"I have a funny feeling about this." Did that funny feeling maybe come from the Krabes that suddenly appeared? "I'm sick of always being right!" Yep.

I like how Aelita's utilizing her powers a little more usefully now. She wants to be like them! Yay!

"Wait, I haven't finished the game!" Nope, no you haven't. But you have lost the game.

"There! I win the game!" His lack of understanding is adorable! I guess he's lucky this tower isn't quite that urgent. (Awkward sexual tackle? Dohoho.)

Lyoko battles are getting a little more exciting! More running around and such. And I think I've heard it said before that Amnesia!Ulrich is very capable- almost moreso than his memory-toting counterpart. The way he defeated that Krabe was neat-lookin.

"Huh? She's leaving?" Well, that is what she does. Tower time. Not quite a nail-biter minute.

"Magic. Watch." Odd always has the best lines. I'm jealous. Return to the past, now.

Nano nanos. Kind of fitting for NaNoWriMo. Odd insults his wife again.

People often asked why the nanosphere was still dirty even if XANA appeared to cause the nanobot culture. Maybe it really wasn't cleaned properly, and the guck came out into the open when it was turned on...

And Ulrich is back in his right mind! Or, is he? I mean, it's really, really stupid to hold stuff over open flames when you only have the barest idea of what it is. And for that matter, it's really stupid to leave out unused open flames <s>especially when they have no apparent power source</s>. At least he was smart enough to get tongs so he wouldn't be holding glass in his hands...but he's still stupid. Getting revenge on the nanobots is one thing, being a bonehead is another.

"I hope not, I sure hope not!" Ah, so it was clearly a retribution moment. Strange, but okay.

PROS:
- Highly entertaining, easy to watch, loads of fun
- Funny bits were funny
- Better Lyoko action
- Good plot in conjunction with a good XANA attack
- Backwash :3
- Them animators sneaking in Ulrich/Odd Ho Yay.

CONS:
- Maybe not the most scientifically accurate
- Aelita got...five, six lines
- Episode didn't get much accomplished plot-wise, but who cares?
- Some moments of stupid

I dunno about you all, but I had fun watching this episode. And I hope the next few are just as good.
Carth offline