Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:23 am

Ghost Channel

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Ghost Channel's grade?

10. Odd won with 10 lifepoints, and this episode does the same.
55%
9. Don't make me repeat myself, it was awesome.
14%
8. Jeremie versus Jeremie. Gotta love it.
27%
7. Pretty good for an imitation--err, episode.
5%
6. A decent one, filled with Jeremie, Aelita and...Jeremie again.
No votes
5. Just couldn't get over that crack Odd made...
No votes
4. Guardians shouldn't come that big, if it even was one...
No votes
3. Yumi's intuitive, but that's not nearly enough to save this...
No votes
2. Is that the best you can do? We're listening...
No votes
1. It's like a phony imitiation of a real CL episode.
No votes
0. XANA should've just squished them when he had the chance.
No votes

Total votes : 22

Ghost Channel

Postby Reploid CB » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:46 am

One of the freakiest episodes in Season 1, and the last "regular" one before the finale. During a routine mission and a routine RTTP, Odd, Ulrich, and Yumi vanish from the real world and Lyoko... Well, to Jeremie and Aelita's perspectives, anyway. But to their own, they were on Earth all the time, when in reality they were trapped inside a "parallel world bubble" made by XANA to trap them forever. But when a video feed makes it's way to Jeremie, he and Aelita hatch a plan to go into the parallel world, and bring their friends home.

All in all, a pretty good episode if you ask me xD (But then, given my current name.... ) There was even a little minor J/A moment, as well as the first instance of Jeremie clone/Jeremie VS Jeremie, a theme that XANA just can't seem to let go of ;P xD

Anyone else's thoughts?

Woo, 555th post xD
Last edited by Reploid CB on Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
(Banner by Mew)

(Click for relevant cutscene xD. Sig and icon by me)

| DeviantArt |

- female - 24 - OxA/JxA/UxY - fanartist - banner maker -
Reploid CB offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MY85 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:51 am

Do I have to grade Ghost Channel the episode or Ghost Channel the LF Moderator? :P
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Reploid CB » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:59 am

Ghost Channel the episode, preferably ;P xD
(Banner by Mew)

(Click for relevant cutscene xD. Sig and icon by me)

| DeviantArt |

- female - 24 - OxA/JxA/UxY - fanartist - banner maker -
Reploid CB offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Malkmusian » Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:42 pm

I love what XANA-Jeremy said in the episode and tried to pwn the gang in "the real world":

"NOT LEGITIMATE!!! NOT LEGITIMATE!!"
The creator, Carth, had never experienced autism until she read my story.
Sorry I was gone.
Malkmusian offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby zex marquise » Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:10 pm

I thought it was "NOT LOGICAL!"
XANA-Jeremie ws crazy in that epy. Like Dr. Shrank-crazy. He was laughing like a maniac and started to strangle the real Jeremie with cables.
My other car is a gundam.
zex marquise offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Malkmusian » Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:03 pm

He was crazier than Mike Muir when he doesn't get his Pepsi.
Sorry I was gone.
Malkmusian offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby twilightchaos09 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:30 pm

I find this episode to be one of my favorites in Season 1. It was just so funny. "Ah, he's here at last."- Xana/Jeremie

twilightchaos09 offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Malkmusian » Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:56 pm

XANA pwns in this episode.
Sorry I was gone.
Malkmusian offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby JesusFreak » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:38 am

Let's see, good parts:
Bloks. Lots of Bloks
Aelia making the big gaurdian go 'splodey. awesome
Jeremie overcoming his fear of the scanners, no matter how brief it was, definitely shows he cares what happens to his friends.

Bad parts:
The kids draw any conclusions until the real Jeremie came. C'MON! The world around them is bursting into static and repeating itself and they Don't get a little suspicious? bleh.

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby Lyoko Wario » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:09 pm

Something I don't like about this eppie is that the Xanified versions of the people at Kadic look like zombies. That's not what I would expect computer-envisioned versions of humans to look like. Sure, they look freaky, in a bad way, but wouldn't it have been cooler if they had discovered the people were fake because they were missing some kind of basic human quality no computer would ever hope to understand? I dunno... it was an all-right episode, and maybe I'm reading too much into it.

But something I did like was the way Yumi freaked out when she saw her fake parents repeating the same actions over and over again. Don't get me wrong, I'm no big fan of anything that makes Yumi upset, but I thought it was sweet to let us see a softer side to her (like how she worries, and really loves her parents) after she comes off as such a strong individual who can even command the adults around. Right?
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Malkmusian » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:41 pm

How did XANA make that world in Lyoko? That's very, very odd.
Sorry I was gone.
Malkmusian offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Freakforce » Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:01 pm

Ghost channel is my favourite episode it is also the episode I first watched and got hooked on. Ahh happy memories.

Freakforce offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby JesusFreak » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:17 pm

Malky wrote:How did XANA make that world in Lyoko? That's very, very odd.

A simulation Bubble, al la Distant Memory

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby Taelia » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:53 pm

I call it a "dream bubble", because the illusionary world created within is like a dream.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby mitchmcmichael » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:47 pm

My second favorite season one episode. First being End of Take.
mitchmcmichael offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby jeremy0818 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:22 pm

i have to say, this is also my favorite episode from season 1.
it was cool to see jeremie get virtualized, even though it
wasn't quite to the actual lyoko.

very nice! :D

jeremy0818 offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby sylentnyte » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:12 am

This episode will always be my top favorite, (1) because it was the very first episode I ever watched, and (2) it successfully scared the popcorn out of me.XD I gotta say, the tactic Xana used was pretty darn good. Especially for that season. He would have won pretty easy that time if the Jer-clone had been up to par with season 4's fake-people. Oh..and the gloating. The one thing a villain can't resist. I gotta ask...is humanity is rubbing off on Xana? lol!

Aelita gets some major hero points in this episode. She shined rather well here, as did Jer.
sylentnyte offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby TheLQ » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:58 pm

This one was pretty funny during the stream, only if I could get a screenshot that we pointed out in Jim's face

---

WHERE'S THE +20 BUTTON?!?!

This is one of my favorite episodes. The story line is very creative, a break from the *insert story line here because I'm to lazy to type it again*. The weirdness with the world, Jeremie looking for them, all good.

One thing that I didn't like was when Aelita was comming up to the big virtual bubble thing (yes, I'm going to destroy this scene). When she comes up to it, she notices this... thing... and pretty much speaks her mind. Action please, not words.

Another thing that we pointed out in the stream was the INSANE amount of blocks waiting for them in a CRATER. XND counted 20. Now lets look back at all the other episodes where only 2 or 3 are a huge challenge. And now they face 20 with an un-devirtualizable Aelita and say everything is OKAY?!! WTH?

But the Xana thing at the end, that was awesome. His burning eyes were actually my avatar for a while on TL.

12/10
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Taelia » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:27 am

This episode was fantastic!!
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Carth » Sun May 09, 2010 3:48 pm

I have a confession to make: I've never seen the better part of this episode. The concept freaked me out so much when I was twelve that I skipped it and never went back to watch it again. But I've heard it's fantastic, of course, and like The Girl of the Dreams I'll have to power through it. Crazy clones and illogicality ahoy as we approach the end of Season 1!

I've always wondered what a "graphic bible" was. Is that where they get their gobs of reused scenes from? And for that matter, why do the French completely capitalize last names?

Ah, the lovely Ice Sector. Looking dark and desolate as usual, I see. Nice fade into the Lyoko battle here. I wonder how much of that water is fake water and how much is Digital Sea deadly water...

Nice sword-fu from Ulrich. And the Bloks are splode. How nice.

"Okay, Princess, the home stretch!" Wait, did they ever call her Princess before? This is the first time I caught it. It makes me happy because they're treating her like a friend. :3

Damn he took them Bloks down fast. And then he showboats! Frickin' awesome. And then Odd loses most of his life points and all of his dignity. Jerbutt, how can it be "too risky" if Odd'll be fine anyway and you have two more Warriors in tow?

Lovin' the sliding he's doing here. Also, I only just noticed he has a lightning bolt on his crotch. Lololol. Odd's voice is getting screechier. All is well with the world. Word of advice, though, Odd- don't get the pissy people pissed.

Nail biter minute, ascept not really. If only all tower deactivations could happen that fast.

Ah, lovely, peaceful Kadic. Whatever could be wrong with this scene? Sissi's magazine/book is really strange. And it spelled "Poney" wrong. Ah, the French. <3 the questioning look Herb's giving her.

Did Jeremie seriously not notice that his friends aren't there? "Odd? Odd? Odd?" Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

One has to wonder, what are kids at boarding schools doing when they're absent? Do they just sit in their rooms and be sick? Or in their case, do they just sit in an alternate universe and be confuzzled?

Screen went fizzle. Ohay, Ulrich and Odd are back. Not!Jeremie is staring VERY INTENSELY at his pencil. And he's not answering you, Odd, because he happens to be a megalomaniac supervirus and they don't generally have good social skills.

As is seen by the forced, awkward sounding dialogue. I don't know if it's on purpose...but it sounds...contraction-less. And slow. And it's a suitably creepy caricature of the real world. Bygod, if there's one thing CL did right, it's creep the bajeezus out of me in this episode.

Screen went fizzle. Go, Jeremie, go run out of the classroom to look for your friends in a lovely panicking rush! No Yumi, either...<s>clearly they're all having a party without him.</s> At least he's still got Aelita. But I love how this ep breaks conventions a bit. Iz nais.

Ohai, Jim. Nicely creepy foot focus. Jeremie sweating nervously is cute. Also, the animation's really improved in this episode, I just noticed! Far better than early S1. Actually resembles S3 more than the thick-lined stylings of S2.

Screen went fizzle. I wouldn't be surprised if the background kids actually weren't moving. Ulrich, Odd, and Yumi are confused-cakes. Um, Yumi, if your English teacher visibly fizzled and reset in class, you are not in the real world. Not!Jeremie is probably one of my favorite characters now. He's creepy.

Screen did not went fizzle. And there lies an additional danger- if XANA attacks, our Warriors are stuck in loopy-land.

Interrogation! Poor Jerbutt. Delmas, I think Jeremie's being serious...

"I felt your message." Aelita's message was several feet away, dear. "Just like XANA, I can operate on the school's network as well." Then why doesn't she ever do it? It would have been terribly convenient in a lot of situations!

Jeremie's so funny lookin.

Screen go fizzle. "Pass the peas!" "No way, get 'em yourself!" How...mean.

Obvious discrepancy #1: All the purple sodas. They don't seem to sever directly serve SODA at Kadic, do they?

Obvious discrepancy #2: Sissi's yellow shirt. Looky loo at that. Odd looks positively thrilled when he sees her. And now time go fizzle...wait...Sissi said her line without her prompt. Were these clones structured on predicted responses only? Or was it just a playover of an automated whatever?

And why aren't they even trying to talk to Not!Jeremie?

Screen go fizzle. I think Jeremie's making this up as he goes along. Boiler go aspload! Nice work, Aelita! I'd have to say they made an explosive exit. OHOHO. Nice cross-eyes, Jim!

Factory factory. Yeah, he totes disappeared. I'd think if the kids were in the scanners they would have gotten back to school by then. Poor kid, now he has to sort things out himself. (Yay!)

Screen go fizzle. Obvious discrepancy #3: Kadic doesn't have gym uniforms! Whaaat? Anyway, here we are. Herb and Nicolas are fighting over and over and over. Maybe XANA thinks that if they act in one way derived from their personality, it'll be normal if they act that way all the time.

Screen didn't quite go fizzle. It'd be perfect to see this episode on Halloween or something.

Not!Jeremie still sounds bland and forced. And I thought Jeremie skipping Phys. Ed. was normal...but of course just sitting on the bleachers would be idiotic in that respect. And considering Jim is Not!Jeremie's slave... "You've got to know how to handle him. Not like them." Coming from Not!Jeremie, that's positively terrifying.

Not!Jeremie grins at the camera. "There's no such thing as an intermediate space." Then what was the limbo Jeremie got caught in? Plothole. And yay, he figured it out! Also, Aelita's being helpful and on-screen a lot in this episode. I loves it. I love this episode.

"I'd much rather be entering a virtual world to find you waiting there for me." "So would I." 83! That's so cute!! I want to put that on a Valentine's Day card and send it to the world. Jeremie is da bawmb this episode. From his dedication to his friends to his cute with Aelita, he just wins the universe. I knew he had some Belpois awesome hiding around.

And Jeremie heads to da scanurz. Is Aelita's peeking face reused from Just in Time from when Kiwi was chewing Jeremie's undies? I think it is...

And now for Jeremie's first successful virtualization! Except not to Lyoko. That would be too obvious.

But he does get the lovely ten-foot drop onto the ground. What's with that wall? I've never seen that wall. "Aelita, can you hear me? Of course not, that would be too easy." Ah, good to be genre-savvy.

Flowers into eye-of-XANA video cameras? Creeepy. Not!Jeremie is a stalker. And that's why the video feeds exist; to keep an eye on everyone.

"We've got a visitor, Jim." Obvious Discrepancy #4: Jim is a zombie. I mean, dude. Come on.

Ice Sector. Ginormous Guardian-thing! So technically, Jeremie IS on Lyoko. Dohoho. (Is this the same kind of process that created Aelita's old home? I seem to recall the same kind of bubble...)

"Any girl with a crush on you can't be what I call absolutely normal." Oh Odd you slaphead. At least it's obvious. To HIM.

Looks like XANA's recordings are only a one-time deal. Yumi's the smart one here! PLEASE listen to her!

And the epic fight begins. Zombie violence to Jeremie! Good thing that wasn't the REAL Jim or things would be terrible indeed!

Not!Jeremie said "obsacles", not "obstacles." Creeper.

Run, Aelita, run! It is too late!

Them some ugly squirrels, Ulrich. And you guys'll get your Jeremie in a minute, he just needs to fight some zombies. Why do they morph into ugliness, I wonder? Does it enhance their abilities?

Well that was a quick nightfall. And the moon go bzzt. Was not aware the moon was a character.

Word of advice to kiddies: if Jeremie is speaking in a monotone, it's Not!Jeremie and you should run for your lives. Or sit there and negotiate. That's just as deadly.

Not!Jeremie's grin is awesome. He feels more like an accessible villain now. And I think that the confirmation of his identity is just as good as saying, "I'm not Jeremie, I'm XANA, you doofus." What's that thump-thump noise in the background?

Yay! Real Jeremie is here to save the day! "He only has theoretical knowledge of the real world!" This makes sense. He seems to have run Not!Earth on the assumption that humans never strayed from one programmed state of existence. Not!Jeremie looks pissed. "B*tch thinks he can insult my sexy creation, I'll show him."

And he proves the "theoretical" bit when he can't understand that Jeremie would go into the scanner. And which is shoved in his face when the humans prove that they can deviate from a pattern by accepting friendship over reason. But Not!Jeremie doesn't get it, cause that's a sentence in Jeremie's bio: Jeremie does NOT go to Lyoko. Any instance of Jeremie going to Lyoko would be, well...

NOT LOGICAAAALLLLLLL!!!!

And then I think he sorta gave himself away. Yeah. He totally did. And might I say that was an awesome scene!

And so is the rest of this. Bygod. XANA has a FANTASTIC display of his powers here. Kinda wish he did the same later. Even if this is a world that's totally under his control. It's AWESOME. Even if XANA does go kinda power-mad and cheesy with his "YOU GON DIE"-ness.

Quick, Aelita, destroy it! Nail biter minute, you can do it!

YAY world go splode. Not!Jeremie go splode. Jeremie...go fly into the ceiling? And then through the wires whilst screaming like a girl? And go thump in the scanner! Hooray! His lopsided glasses are so cute.

Wait, if they have no memories, how did they know they had no memories? Cheeeesy. Well at least now they know anyway.

"Fantastic, Einstein! Join the Daredevil Heroes Club!" Awww. I think at this point they're fairly stable friend-wise.

Bazillions of Bloks. XANA's welcoming committee, or all the Bloks used as clones from the parallel world? (If I recall, XANA used a Blok to stand in for Franz Hopper, so he could have easily done the same here for everyone else.)

Anyway, yay! Friendship! And the final score is...

PROS:
- Fun, engaging, awesome
- Also creepy
- Not!Jeremie never failed to intrigue
- Aelita got a lot of action
- NOT LOGICAL!! scene never fails to impress

CONS:
- Fairly cheesy at some points, what with the memory loss
- Plot-hole making
- Creepy enough to have me not watch it for several years

It's well done, it makes sense...that's reason enough for you to watch it. Love, love, love it. Now on to the finale...and then we're out of Season 1! Yay!
Carth offline