Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 pm

Season 4 Episode 2: Double Take

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Time to rank the episode. Pick a number.

10 - I'm not kidding, nothing that will be shown later gets better than this.
15%
9 - Brilliant episode! I'm proud of being a Code Lyoko fan. ^_^
28%
8 - Solid episode, I'm impressed with it.
26%
7 - This is a good episode.
17%
6 - Above the average, some parts are fun.
7%
5 - It's okay. Not good, not bad.
6%
4 - I'm dissapointed. Hope it gets better later or it's gonna be as bad as most of Nickelodeon's shows.
No votes
3 - Randy Orton sucks, but not as much as this episode.
No votes
2 - I thought the Barbie song from Aqua was crap, but this is worse.
2%
1 - This episode < Bag of s**t.
No votes
0 - Save yourself half an hour of your life. It ain't worth watching this at all.
No votes

Total votes : 54

Season 4 Episode 2: Double Take

Postby MY85 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:31 am

Well... this episode is avaiable somewhere around the internet. Ahead of time, it's avaiable somewhere... there's at least two easy sites where to get this from.

I got this in my hands, I'm gonna watch it right now...

Description: Jeremy creates a polymorphic specter of himself to go to gym class so he can work undistracted on bringing William back. But when X.A.N.A. takes control of the clone, things get dangerous.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby DELETED » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:40 am

DELETED

DELETED offline

Postby CotS » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:48 am

lol, totally awesome ep. (and definatly the funniest IMO) Jim is crazy as ever (and just as funny), Yumi and Aelita are looking awesomly hot in thier new suits, and Poly-whatsit Jeremy is a million times funnier than Odd, and the part with Yumi and William on Lyoko was a great touch.

I give it a 9 :D
AKA PotterFreak
Ignorance is bliss, but with knowledge comes power.
FYI, I am a boy, live with it :P
98% OF TEENS WON'T STAND UP FOR GOD...
REPOST THIS IF YOU'RE ONE OF THE 2% WHO WILL.
CotS offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Stephen (x1) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:15 am

wartonchan wrote:Memorable Quote:
Aelita: "Jeremie, you are the wind beneath my wings."
Jeremie: *blush*

All the while Yumi is falling to her death.
What will you remember me for?

Stephen (x1) offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Hardcore Lyoko » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:27 am

-kicks sig- The quote I liked the best is there, hehehe.

I loved that episode, but I REALLY GOT MAD when William stepped up to Yumi... RARGH!

I would've slipped forward and jabbed him in the stomach, y'know...but then again, I'm not Yumi...I'm just Hiraku...

But yeah, that was a funny eppie.
Welcome to Tech Links!
Can you keep a secret?

“I knew it was a bad idea to bring you into the group.”
Hardcore Lyoko offline
New Kid
New Kid

Location: In a jail cell with the chained-up Lyoko gang, hoping they don't escape, because if they do...0o;

Postby JeremyHopper » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:44 am

Hiraku Productions wrote:-kicks sig- The quote I liked the best is there, hehehe.

I loved that episode, but I REALLY GOT MAD when William stepped up to Yumi... RARGH!

I would've slipped forward and jabbed him in the stomach, y'know...but then again, I'm not Yumi...I'm just Hiraku...

But yeah, that was a funny eppie.

Actually I thought it was really funny when William flirted with Yumi on Lyoko like that. Yeah I gave it a 7, I think it was better than the last one. Seems like the creators are coming back to the formula we all fell in love with.
~Sean

I reject your reality and substitute my own. -Adam Savage
JeremyHopper offline

Postby Astro-Xana » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:46 pm

Now that we know that Jeremy can create clones, why can't Jeremy create a clone of himself to go to Lyoko? I mean, we already know that the real Jeremy won't go to Lyoko as a fighting Lyoko warrior because (as Sophie referred to him as a "nerd"). But from what we've seen from this episode, Jeremy somehow created his clone in a way that it acted flirty. So my question is, why can't Jeremy create a clone of himself that is not a nerd and acts bold and hardcore which will want to be a fighting Lyoko warrior. And as a result, the real Jeremy will virtualize this clone into Lyoko which will have a new appearance (perhaps the appearance of a cybernetic being who has a hardcore and bold personality).

Astro-Xana offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Location: Fighting Xana's demon monsters in the Nexus Core Star Center of the Network

Postby Cassius335 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:03 pm

Because said clone would go evil fairly sharpish (within half an ep, tops) :nyeh!:
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Astro-Xana » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:07 pm

But can Xana take possession of things while on Lyoko? Because the Jeremy clone in this episode was being possessed by Xana in the real world. And also, the Scyphozoa might be gone so I'm not sure how Xana would take possession of things on Lyoko now.

Astro-Xana offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Location: Fighting Xana's demon monsters in the Nexus Core Star Center of the Network

Postby Cassius335 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:15 pm

Who said XANA would be a requirement? Rember the Marabounta? It went out-of Jeremie's control quite happily on its own.
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Ghost Guest » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:23 pm

Intense episode. I liked it a lot... even felt tempted to give it a 10, but you know, there's always room for improvement. I thought it showed a great combination of funny and dramatic moments. The moment when the clone fixed his hair before attacking Jeremie was hilarious imo and when William caressed Yumi's face... well that wasn't funny, but it was very... eh... interesting, for lack of a better word. And those are just two examples of what I considered memorable scenes so...yeah.
Ghost Guest offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Taelia » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:02 pm

Hey, wait a minute! What about the main purpose of the double - atending PE in the REAL Jeremie's place?
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Writing_Addict » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:02 pm

Taelia wrote:Hey, wait a minute! What about the main purpose of the double - atending PE in the REAL Jeremie's place?

So he didn't have to skip P.E so the real Jeremy wouldn't get in trouble.

I have to ask, who gets totally embarrassed of their favourite character...when they do something totally OUT of character? Plus Laughing, whimpering and adrenaline is not a good mixture...especially when your adrenaline five gallons high. ^^;
EDIT:

Okay, after watching the full thing- We are returning to old habits! William's horrible flirting, I almost die and Aelita conveniently deactivates the tower in time! Oh and how could we forget the "Return to the past" I've forgotten all about that... :D

Who knew Xana was so...cocky and arrogent? I just laughed so much when the clone messed up his hair and he fixed it before blasting Jeremy. ^^

Jim and Ms.Hertz was a total classic. Though I didn't quite catch what she said after the clone through the ball.

(This is the thousandth edit but who cares)

Why do I get the feeling "Double Take" Sounds familiar? I thought it was from a Season 1 episode, but I can't remember...
Currently, you will not see me in Forums any longer. I will be on chat though. ^.~
Writing_Addict offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby MY85 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:35 pm

First 3 minutes of this show: blah. Mr. Delmas is an idiot. The wallpapers changed. You know the PR suits are coming on this episode or later as you watch this. Cheap joke with Jim snorting after his talk, but that's when the episode plot begins.

I've seen this plot before with Jeremie: On Marabounta, Jeremie toys around with Lyoko, creates the purple blob and it almost cost him the Forest Sector and his friends. On this episode, Jeremie toys around with Lyoko, creates his clone and it almost cost him his life and maybe his friend's life as well.

This episode was predictable. Once Jeremie talks about making his clone, you knew Xana would take control of it. I can't believe Jim is such an idiot to buy that "Jeremie being really stronger" crap. Nobody buys that crap idea of a nerd like Jeremie to be strong, agile and fast when everyone knows that the real deal is all the opposite of that. And even worse, no one on Kadic dared to question Jeremie's new strength.

These writers think their fans are idiots or something. :arg:

I expected more from William in this episode. I was dissapointed by not seeing much of him, except for defeating Ulrich and his brief interaction with Yumi.

Cheap introduction to the new uniforms. Not worthy of going "holy s**t", really. Not even worthy to get pissed off. Aelita is overpowered with the wings and Yumi really looks hideous. Image

Battle scenes... almost the same old stuff with the Lyoko gang making the monsters look weak, except for Aelita flying in the sky and I liked the way William attacked Ulrich. I bet that after seeing the few seconds between Yumi and William, I'm expecting to see the human William starting to try getting control over his body.

The RTTP was obviously needed. You can't have SuperJeremie on Kadic the next day or having Mr. Delmas remembering how he got his *ss kicked by Odd and Jeremie with an electric shock.

Characther of the episode: Odd. Despite the begining displaying his vintage annoying style, he wasn't that stupid during this episode and he quickly recognized the Xana in the Jeremie clone. Not to forget he got the real Jeremie sending him to Lyoko to save Yumi from falling off the digital seas.

Episode vote: 5.5/10. William Returns was much better than this, really.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Writing_Addict » Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:05 pm

MakeYourself85 wrote:
Episode vote: 5.5/10. William Returns was much better than this, really.

Actually I beg to differ, William Returns was a little cheesy and this one was a step up from that. And Honestly, Yumi isn't that bad looking, she looks exactly like she does in reality. <--- (Not to be mean but I don't mean that as a compliment...)
Currently, you will not see me in Forums any longer. I will be on chat though. ^.~
Writing_Addict offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Taelia » Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:28 pm

Oh no! There was a JimxSuzanne scene? Oh man! :whatever:
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Cassius335 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:52 pm

Sorry Tael, he's over you.

Writing_Addict wrote:Why do I get the feeling "Double Take" Sounds familiar? I thought it was from a Season 1 episode, but I can't remember...

"End of Take", maybe?
ImageImage
---
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Lani » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:35 pm

Haha, I just watched it (Leak! CN pulled a Lake Laogai, har har), and I like it. xD; (srsly what is this rating nonsense)

Besides CN.com deciding to buffer every five seconds and me getting really frustrated, I made it through? Yeah. And I'm really liking the graphics this season so far. Like there was this one closeup shot of Ulrich's face, and it was really smooth-looking, so yeah. That's good.

Oh haha and like, Jeremie's clone. He was such a pimp and so amazing. Let's all hit on Yumi, rofl xDD

And Ulrich kinda reminds me of Lloyd from Tales of Symphonia; I wouldn't be surprised if he pulled a Tempest or a Tiger Blade on us xDD That's the day I laugh and draw sad crossovers.

Aelita's new costume and wings... dear god. xD;;; Uhhh. If you know what I said about it in BKO, then I think you have a good idea of what I want to say. And yeah. I think it's kinda cool and I want to make it :B <s>I'm glad I play her in Paradisa too 8DD;</s>

XANA really seems to like Yumi. When he was like getting really close near the end there I was like RAPE RAEP

Oh and hurrr clone!William. "...Did I break anything else?" xDD~

There were also some pretty cool shots throughout, and I want to icon it. Like. Really badly. And now that I have photoshop they will be magical ;D

But yeah. Liked it, and like anything and everything, there's room for improvement!
we will advance with sword in hand
for our cause is pure
Lani offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby MewmiC » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:24 pm

"Did I break anything else?" haha. Yumi's face after that question made me laugh.

Anyway, a decent episode, we saw the new Lyoko outfits and to be honest...they all need a little practice. It sort of reminded me of the way they fought in XANA Awakens. The humor was better in this episode, Jeremie clone fixing his hair before attacking again was very funny (it stuck up on end again), as was Jeremie-clones flirting with Yumi (albiet somewhat desturbing).

Also maybe it's just me, but the music in Mr. Delmas' game sounded very much like Pac-man.

All in all, I give it a 7. Could have been better, but watching a new episode made me feel better about finals.
MewmiC offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Cassius335 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:29 pm

Given Jeremie seems to get cloned quite a bit (this ep, and at least two Xana imitations), I'm starting to wonder if Moonscoop are going to pull a Tsubasa Chronicles on us...
ImageImage
---
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Lani » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:38 pm

MewmiC wrote:Also maybe it's just me, but the music in Mr. Delmas' game sounded very much like Pac-man.

No xD; I heard it too, and I believe it was.
we will advance with sword in hand
for our cause is pure
Lani offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby YDV » Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:29 pm

xDD:; I swear, I'm now like a Jean-Pierre fan after that.

<3 I watched it too. <s>William and Ulrich were as sexy as ever. Especially when they were fighting. x3</s>

CLONE!JEREMIE IS SO FUNNY. OMG. xDDDD I cracked up so much.

I love the new costumes. Seriously. This ep even made me give Odd's some points. (I know what)

<s>TIGER BLADE! DEMON FANG! <i>DIVINE JUSTICE!</i></s>

Yeah, XANA has a thing for Yumi. :/ Although I kind of think at least part of that was William. Ew. Gtfo.

Poor thing. I can see why she gave up men. :< <s>kindof.</s>

Mm. So, although I think it was kind of a filler except for the new outfits, still pretty good. It killed my CLWS. x3
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TB3 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:05 pm

Just watched the ep - LOVED IT! A definate step up from 'William Returns'.

I have two observations:

1: The fact that they bothered to draw both William's Dad (James Dunbar), and his office implies to me that he has a role to play in this series - and since the office screamed 'High Tech' at me I'm left wondering if this may have some connection to the elusive Project Carthage.

2: In the Bookmark Interstitals (where we see the characters in 3D, and then their 2D designs and name flash up), it's not just the 3D designs that have changed - from what I can see, Yumi is wearing a T-Shirt, Odd a jacket or Hoodie of some kind, Aelita either a T-Shirt or something with a big flat collar, and Ulrich now has a high collar that comes up around his neck. Conclusion - new Earth outfits.
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Writing_Addict » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:10 pm

TB3 wrote:
2: In the Bookmark Interstitals (where we see the characters in 3D, and then their 2D designs and name flash up), it's not just the 3D designs that have changed - from what I can see, Yumi is wearing a T-Shirt, Odd a jacket or Hoodie of some kind, Aelita either a T-Shirt or something with a big flat collar, and Ulrich now has a high collar that comes up around his neck. Conclusion - new Earth outfits.

Yeah, I breifly noticed some difference between Aelita's outfit and everyone elses,

But from what I remember, I think it was Sophie (cannot spell last name) said that they were not going to have new outfits in the real world, yes in Lyoko.

Besides, creating new outfits would be a major pain. You have to plan every crack, wrinkle and colour and shade. Have you have been an animator or watch one? Chaging the outfit is a pain...(My cousin animates his own stuff and he says it's very hard, "Stick to what you have")
Writing_Addict offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby knifey » Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:26 am

Dear Martel so many people beat me to whatever I was gonna say.

Well first of all, I REALLY wish I could make the stupid flash file over at CN.com actually work with me when I press printscreen so I can make icons from this episode. ♥

Well, to start off, Odd's being a moron as usual. Distracting Jeremis from his work saying jokes and thinking that'll help Jeremie, and then he's like "I WANT BELLBOTTOM PANTS LULZ." Oh Odd, ilu and hu at the same time. ♥

Then we see Delmas playing his game. It looks so easy and yet he keeps failing at it. xDD Well I would so totally play that game if I could find it. And pac-man music eff tee double-you. Yeah, he's letting his personal life get in the way of his judgment what a losar. >/

So anyway we get Principal and Jim confronting them and Yumi quotes Jeremie. Haha Yumi ilu2. And Aelita's such a b*tch; Jim was like "He's not any sicker than I am! *sneezes*" then Aelita was like, "Bless you, Jim." :P Neeyyr

Then Jeremie clones himself and stuff and he's flirty and god-mode and stuff which Jims goes crazy over 'cause he's stupid. :P Anyway it was amusing to watch all of it, despite some flaws, if any.

Wee, then we go to the factory lulz where they all go on their weekly trip to the infirmary. Action between Ulrich and William looked pretty cool. The action, however, looked kinda slow-paced. Like the nayruetoe kind. >/ Hopefully it'll get better as the season progresses so yay?

Wee Aelita looked pretty cool in her wings do not deny. Yumi's looks nice. The only person's outfit who probably doesn't look that great in my opinion is either Odd or Ulrich's. Meh.

Tea-chan wrote:And Ulrich kinda reminds me of Lloyd from Tales of Symphonia; I wouldn't be surprised if he pulled a Tempest or a Tiger Blade on us xDD That's the day I laugh and draw sad crossovers.
Oh dear Martel, I can only imagine how god-moded that can be. xD;

I give it an 7/10. I liked it despite the somewhat slow-paced action.
:hatguy: pew pew lazorz
psn profile
knifey offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Next