Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:27 pm

Zero Gravity Zone

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

How much did "Gravity" affect you?

10 - So high I'm never coming down!
15%
9 - I'm on cloud nine!
15%
8 - I didn't quite leave the atmosphere.
30%
7 - Lucky I didn't miss this episode.
15%
6 - I've seen planes fly higher than this.
20%
5 - Had a hard time sustaining levitation.
No votes
4 - Did my feet even leave the ground?
No votes
3 - More boring than learning about gravity in school.
No votes
2 - Like a baby bird spreading its wings for the first time - getting nowhere.
5%
1 - Jumping off a roof would achieve the same effect.
No votes

Total votes : 20

Zero Gravity Zone

Postby Stonecreek » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:57 pm

So many season one episodes, so few threads! So, this is the thread for Zero Gravity Zone. Let discussion commence. And vote in the poll - it took a while to make. This will be moved to Episode Discussion by MakeYourself shortly.

YDV wrote:Well you see, the amount of time we didn't normally hang around BKO is kind of like potential energy, and then when we all finally came back at the same time it's like letting loose a catapult. 8D

It's all very scientifical. |D

Ah, memories...
http://z10.invisionfree.com/Anime_and_M ... hp?act=idx
Stonecreek offline

Postby Lyokogirl_147 » Sat May 05, 2007 6:26 pm

I saw this one soooo many times, I gave it a 6^^
Dance Dance Revolution Girl 4 Life
Lyokogirl_147 offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby DJAelitaHopper » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:30 am

Ive saw it a couple a times but now I dont even remember what its about! :whatever: pretty dumb of me =p
Did you know: Aelita has been on Lyoko for almost her life. But since you can't age on lyoko, Aelita's Actual age should be around 20 and 24.
Aelita Rocks!!!! in my opinion......

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/5294 ... ar1ju9.gif
DJAelitaHopper offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Reploid CB » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:08 pm

Wow, necroposted, then delayed posting xD; However.... If people wanna discuss ZGZ, then I'll leave it open. If not, then someone can request for it to be closed. Goodness knows we have few enough Season 1 threads as it is.

Check it out, I'll even get the ball rolling: Zero Gravity Zone, for those who can't quite remember back in Season 1, involved XANA using electrical energy to reverse-gravitize the earth, sending stuff flying off the ground. The same day, Ulrich had a soccer match against a rival school, which is where XANA made his main attack, sending many of the soccer players and the people watching up towards the stratosphere. Oh yeah, and it was the first appearance of Ulrich's dad (LAGPUD anyone?).
(Banner by Mew)

(Click for relevant cutscene xD. Sig and icon by me)

| DeviantArt |

- female - 24 - OxA/JxA/UxY - fanartist - banner maker -
Reploid CB offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MY85 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:09 pm

Passcode SCIPIO wrote:Wow, necroposted, then delayed posting xD; However.... If people wanna discuss ZGZ, then I'll leave it open. If not, then someone can request for it to be closed.

Why the hell should a thread for a CL episode should be locked at all? It would be stupid to lock such thread.

Hell, I might go watch this on Youtube since I'm bored. But I'm watching right now an ROH match with the Briscoes on it. ;)
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Mewberries151 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:30 pm

MakeYourself85 wrote:
Passcode SCIPIO wrote:Wow, necroposted, then delayed posting xD; However.... If people wanna discuss ZGZ, then I'll leave it open. If not, then someone can request for it to be closed.

Why the hell should a thread for a CL episode should be locked at all? It would be stupid to lock such thread.

Rodri, watch your wording, please. ^_-

In any case, I would love to see the soccer teams brought back again for Season 4. Another appearance by Ulrich's dad could prove interesting as well later on...especially considering Ulrich's outburst (and well-deserved one) towards him. *nods*
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cassius335 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:19 pm

*raises eyebrow* The HFIL lives, I see.
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby MY85 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:51 am

Respect and relive the oldschool Code Lyoko on Youtube. ;)
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

I've seen this episode like what? 2 years ago. I remember I liked Season 1 a lot back then. I couldn't believe a cartoon show could be really good back then. Now it's 2007 and I watched this episode again. I still like it, despite my new views on it (the flaws). Hell, it's a better episode than Double Take IMO. Let's take a review of it again.

Now I'm a fan of real football and I liked this display to begin the show. It really shows that France is a country where this sport is the most important, which is true.

Reversing the effect of gravity was a good attack IMO. The episode's still solid from the begining and later leads to some drama with Ulrich's decision to ditch the team to please his folks. And Jeremie acts like a d*ckhead, but Ulrich's quite stubborn as well. Jeremie can get pissy with Ulrich for all I care, but in the end it's the <s>gay</s>nerd who grabs the scooter to pass through the sewers, lol.

Now, to the game. Ulrich scores a goal. The show begins with Ulrich kicking penalties against a black-uniformed goalie. That same goalie is used by the other school that faces against Kadic. Why the hell would the goalie from Lincoln train with Kadic? Or why the hell the Kadic goalie is playing for Lincoln? Later in the episode when Matt (the red kid) starts floating in the air thanks to XANA, you'll see a white-uniformed goalie for Kadic. Right after Matt begins to float, the black-uniformed goalie is in the Kaidc woodward floating. What the hell is up with that? I blame the art drawing staff Antefilms had back then. Lazy *ss b**tards can't even have the will to at least change the colors of that goalie's uniform. Yeah, low budget stuff.

Why the hell is it so important to save Mrs. Hertz? She dies, Kadic can hire another teacher. Big deal if Kadic loses her.

And Ulrich calls that field a stadium. Looks more like a running track field to me.

Ulrich can sell an injury quite well, but Sissi doesn't buy it. Anyways, kudos to Ulrich for saving Hertz, Sissi and trying to save his folks. Kudos to Aelita for the luring tactic displayed, quite surprising to see that move used by her back then since she was seen mostly as some defenseless girl. The RTTP was necesary here. Massive homicide would have taken place, otherwise.

All in all, Lyoko scenes and everything, this is a decent episode. It won't bore you to watch it, really. ;)
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby knifey » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:47 am

MakeYourself85 wrote:The episode's still solid from the begining and later leads to some drama with Ulrich's decision to ditch the team to please his folks. And Jeremie acts like a d*ckhead, but Ulrich's quite stubborn as well. Jeremie can get pissy with Ulrich for all I care, but in the end it's the <s>gay</s>nerd who grabs the scooter to pass through the sewers, lol.
Yeah. Both Jeremie and Ulrich are such sh*theads for not noting that a RTTP will take place after the attack is over, which could have convinced Ulrich to stay with the team and sped up the amount of time they spent on Lyoko.

Am I the only one who noticed this, or am I just missing something here? Please tell me if it's the latter.
:hatguy: pew pew lazorz
psn profile
knifey offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mewberries151 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:15 pm

This would be a "partial" stretch...but it is possible the kids used the RTTP sparingly before they even realized it made XANA more powerful.

Considering how annoying RTTPs became in certain respects for the group (re-doing a whole day, re-doing whatever homework they had, re-taking the same boring class, etc. ), it's not too hard to imagine that they'd only use RTTPs for attacks that really needed them, in order to spare themselves having to re-do all that. ^^;

In ZGZ's case, Jeremie might not have deemed Ulrich's issue "RTTP"-worthy, and Ulrich, knowing he'd do just that, was stubborn about it. Or Jeremie would have done an RTTP, but Ulrich figured he wouldn't and didn't even bother to ask? *sweatdrops*

Like I said, that's a bit of a stretch...but not completely improbable.
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Malkmusian » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:27 pm

The episode is just weird, but it is great. I liked it.
The creator, Carth, had never experienced autism until she read my story.
Sorry I was gone.
Malkmusian offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Carth » Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:04 pm

Hm...i'm not getting good vibes from the comments up there, but I really hope this episode ends up good! It's fairly basic what I remember about it- Ulrich plays a soccer, Ulrich emos about his dad, gravity goes wonky. I really hope there's more depth than that. Even though I do love me some Ulrich emo. He can pull it off.

Either my Enter key is really small, or theirs is really big. Theme soonnggg.

Soccer time! I think I heard Gézcy do a background role. Them are noice blue uniforms. Okay, there'ss Ulrich stretching...and there's Ulrich going to kick soccer balls at unsuspecting victims! I love animated accuracy! (In the spirit of accuracy and culture, should I call it soccer or football? I'll call it soccer unless someone complains.)

Angry Ulrich is angry! Angry Ulrich also whoops some serious a** at soccer. Poor kid, that has to keep tossing him soccer balls...it's so clearly subservient. Ulrich yells "yeah" every time he kicks the ball. Sound effects!

Goalie kid has some overly dramatic saves. Though I don't think I'm in any position to comment on game tactics considering I don't play...any sport.

AWWW! Goalie kid gave up and now he's just letting them in D: Now THAT was funny! And...Goalie kid finally got one! Yay! Too bad it ruptured his spleen! I can't tell who that is...it's not Brossard, cause he's over there...must be one of his clones.

Now, do soccer players really jump and kick that dramatically? That just seems inhuman.

Lincoln Jr. High? *CL.fr* Try Diderot College. Psh. Localizers. (The same episode description labels Kadic as a college/lycée (junior high/high school), which would make a lot of things easier, ne?)

"A soccer team is like an army! It needs a good general who can lead it!" How is this supposed to motivate them! But 1) it marks the beginning of Jim's nonsensical banter and 2) LOL at the one kid that actually saluted him!

I could smack Jim for putting extra pressure on Ulrichbutt. Though he quickly redeems himself by being ridiculous. I wonder at what point they decided Jim should be more of a buffoon...it works well here, but they took it WAAAYYYY too far in S4.

"If <s>Diderot</s> Lincoln never gets the ball, we're gonna be bored out there!" Awww. Odd compliments. I like the dialogue so far.

"We can't wait to see Sissi cheerleading with her baton and all!" I <3 THE LOOK ON HIS FACE! I wonder if this is sarcasm or reality. Maybe a mix of both, considering Odd is, in fact, a straight male. <s>Despite popular belief.</s>

In Sissi's defense she's doing pretty well practicing. Though her shaking her, ahem, "groove thang" at the screen was a little unnecessary. As was this face she made at the end, cause everyone knows cross-eyes are attractive. Baton go bye-bye. I <3 how she just stares up after it. Nice use of silence.

And now we see a Yumi getting a bit of a stronger blast of it. God, CL. I love how she sees the lights flickering again and she's like RUNNING, RUNNING!

Sissi, when you're not aware that you're the laughingstock of the school, expressing your raeg can be very difficult. Especially when your targets are the (far cooler) older girls. "We believe you, Sissi!" Sissi, best stick to the gullible ugly people.

LOL! Foot under his neck! It looks like Sissi does still keep them around because even if she's yelling at them she's not shooing them. <3 the little crowd gathering. Caught a few extra giggles at Thomas Jolivet having one hand on his hip like the fabulous boy he is.

"Huh." "Hm." XANA XANA.

"Hey, Sissi, eat your steak and french fries fast, before they fly away!" Steak-frites. It's a popular french dish apparently. Might actually be hamburger, but that's not the point. Sissi is deffo not taken seriously by the other girls. Their conversations about her must be nas-ty.

Activated tower time! This dialogue about the reversal of gravity seems kinda awkward...

"Her baton never came back." Her baton never came back. A Space Oddity would've been a lot funnier if they found it on the underside of the floating computer or something.

"You're gonna abandon the ship for a soccer game?" While this makes for great plot, people are right; this makes little to no sense. If gravity's suddenly going to not work, that calls for an RTTP, during which Ulrich could make the game no sweat. Maybe it's a sort of psychological thing for Ulrich. But still. And CL, you were doing so well at avoiding suspension of disbelief too...

A clash of wills! Oh my god, I love this. It's Jeremie's love for Aelita vs. Ulrich's need to be better. And when Jeremie hit Ulrich I sorta cheered silently. But it's sad for both of them...because I know Jerbutt's all upset about being ignored/betrayed by a friend too.

I'm a little surprised that Jer's the only one not in the know about why soccer is such serious business to Ulrich...it's sort of sad to know that some people really are like this.

LAGPUD. I remember that...though I think at this point it's more Let's All Go Give Ulrich A Hug. I wonder what Aelita's thinking, hearing this. What sort of impression is she getting of parents? I noticed when she found out she had a father, she wasn't too happy...

And now Ulrich feels betrayed D: Poor sap.

But. WHY ARE THEY SMILING TALKING ABOUT THIS? Insensitive jerks. Okay, I'm done with that. Factory time for bozos...early enough, we're not even at the ten minute mark yet.

*hugs the Ulrich sitting on the bench alone* "The big day's here"? It's been there all day!

Sewers. Odd go "YEAH!".

I nearly forgot soccer is like American football for everyone except Americans. Dumb Americans. Milly and Tamiya! I always wonder why they film everything and yet don't have any TV program of any kind.

"9th grade inter-school final"- Oh, just decide what grade they're in already! They do say "quatrieme" (9th grade) in the French, but...whatever. If Ulrich was in 8th grade at this point, maybe he's just so sexy awesome...no, wait...never mind.

Hi, Ulrich's parents! Hi, Ulrich! Anyone notice Ulrich's dad has REALLY sharp cheekbones? I hope Ulrich doesn't end up with a face like that.

Factory. Sexy chair.

SOCCER TIEM. Mountain tiem! A lot of these have been in the mountains lately...towers, I mean.

Jeremie, I thought you were the one with the smartness skills! Clearly XANA's using that electrical network thing to reverse more gravity. And you already know a tower's activated, Aelita, so why are you just sitting and meditating?

"That's XANA, all right. Heavy and predictable." This describes XANA to a T, actually. He's not very competent or discreet, but he's got a lot of power.

I like how the <s>Diderot</s> Lincoln kids actually do look different from the Kadic kids. Like that kid with the bowl cut, I like how his hair is flopping aboot.

Apparently Ulrich's kicks have enough power to make the field glow white. Wow. But what's to be expected when you're going up against a Lyoko Warrior?

I also kind of like that there's some kids we've never seen in the crowd, too. Looks like more Kadic kids out of the woodwork because they're all chee- KID UP TOP, PURPLE SHIRT. IS PELVIC THRUSTING. I LOVE HIM. (It's not easy to see in that pic, but he is pelvic thrusting.) And kid on the bottom doing gangsta hands is also awesome.

YAY HIS PARENTS ARE SMILIIING! Take that, your son is awesome.

Scanners. So we know what we're doing now, do we?

It's sorta funny that right after Jeremie says "hurry up", Odd just sort of saunters off...

Wait, two things. One, why is Kadic's goalie working for the other team? Two, this is just that same crowd cheering thing again! With pelvic thrust kid still at it! And Ulrich has the parental support he wants. Aww.

Favorite scene coming up...FAVORITE SCENE IS HERE. "He looks so handsome when he runs..." Don't tell me she's not zooming in on his bum.

"Well, thanks, Tamiya, for that expert commentary on the game!" But Milly, you took Ulrich to prom! Don't you want a slow zoom on his bum?

I've noticed XANA's begun to target the Warriors specifically rather than just wreak havoc everywhere. I figure XANA's more obsessed with them than he is with world domeenation.

"I can hack a network." I'd be very worried if you couldn't, Jer-me-lad.

I'm not the most versed in soccer, but don't tell me his taking the ball from Matt or whatever wasn't a great play! The crowd is getting stranger and stranger. One, what happened to those cheer uniforms? Or the rest of the cheerleaders, period? Two, aren't half those kids on the team? And three, what's with the kid lying on the bleachers? Or the fact that there are two of the same girl within inches of each other? Identical twins?

Lyoko, Lyoko. Another loong jump. It looks like there's some sort of mysterious emergency...

I don't really know what to analyze about this ep...except that Milly and Tamiya clearly do have some admiration for Ricky-boy. Ulrich doesn't give a darn about anything he's saying, I know the tone. "I honestly think that-" I wonder if he was going to go to his parents. I mean, they look pretty impressed! But, THEN WHO WAS PHONE?

I love how Jeremie and Ulrich still appear to have some tension going on...for someone that can't explain everything, Jeremie's doing a good job of telling Ulrich what he needs to know.

All the kids keep moving around. I'm surprised Ulrich just happened to have a headset around; that's not a common accessory.

Ahaha. Mrs. Hertz is so uncool...

I think I see the source of some tension- no gravity means very quick death. It's impressive how he just stands there...*scowls at his dad* And nyeh to you too. Now I know where the idea of "his mum luvs him moar" comes from.

Is Ulrich crying? Not that he'll admit, I guess. "Please, Jeremie, shut up, just shut up." I love that line.

Matt also appears to be a Gasman job. LOL, fake injury. Pelvis thrust kid looks disappointed. (And Huge Kid is huge.) Leave it to Sissi to be a snoop. But there really wasn't much cheerleading at all...even though the crowd was cheering pretty good. Though Herb + Nick as cheerleaders would be ohbby.

Emo Ulrich is emo...go save her already! If you've already screwed the game, do something with your time! Or just sit there and be cute. Your choice. This review is getting long...

So now three Hornets are "manageable". Good job! Welcoming committee. The plot's getting kinda muddy...and this episode's getting long...that's a LOT OF HORNETS.

"I've reloaded 20 arrows for you!" Let me guess, he runs out of arrows. Telekinesis! Wait, is this the one where...hm. This defense is an interesting idea, but altogether fallible.

Yay, Ulrich grew some nads! This appears to be more telling than showing...not good. Ceiling time! Sideways time? Broken glass time...!

A little too much happening...not much to say except that what we do see is cool. It's more real world than it is Lyoko, which is good. Sissi. Broken glass time.

XANA REALLY doesn't want this one accomplished. Uh oh, XANA's going nuts. And Ulrich's parents...should love their kid like sixty times because he is awesome.

Yes, this is the one where Aelita creates the clone. Though I can't for the life of me figure out why.

Matt go floaty. And the goalie changes from white to black...while going floaty. People go floaty. Ulrich jumps out the window...I don't really know which way his motion is anymore. I hope none of the kids that have already floated away died...of course they didn't, but still, there's a big time window.

Okay, now I see why Aelita made the clone. "As soon as you're finished crying, just let me know." For this I can only echo Jer's statement: "AELITA YOU ARE THE GREATEST!"

Yeah, Ulrich! Go save your dad! Nail-biter minute... "Goodbye, Ulrich. I'm proud of you, really, I am." Was this his voice later? Understandably he's under a lot of stress but...YAY HIS DAD IS PROUD OF HEEM! Before I thought the words were "I love you", but I guess for someone of Ulrich's dad's whatever, that's an equivalent. Everyone go floaty...

Tower deactivated.

And now the soccer game can go on normally. SEEE? SEEEEEE? The "both of them" joke isn't that well placed.

Rrgh. My episode copy needs to stop cutting off at the end.

PROS:
- Funny, some excellent lines
- Great Ulrich emo, great drama- "I'm proud of you"
- "So handsome when he runs"
- PELVIC THRUST KID! <33
- Appreciate the clone now

CONS:
- Lyoko stuff was sort of awkward
- Some idiocy as to the soccer game

A step somewhat below the last few eps, but an okay one to see nontheless. It lapses back into conflicting events, though.
Carth offline

Postby SearchingLyoko » Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:02 am

This was good in the sense of it estabished background and defined Ulrich's past a bit more.

I mean, with a dad like that... it's no wonder Ulrich is always more stressed then anyone getting a bad grade. I can sympathize with him (though I can with most anyone).

We're just lucky that Jeremy RTTP'd before everyone came back down to Earth again... that would have been bad.
SearchingLyoko Delenda Est.

SearchingLyoko offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Saphire-089 » Sun May 30, 2010 12:09 am

This might sound like a weird question, but is this the last time we see Ulrich play soccer?
*Avatar was made by deviant art user rinrinyan
Saphire-089 offline

Postby Carth » Sun May 30, 2010 12:48 am

Saphire-089 wrote:This might sound like a weird question, but is this the last time we see Ulrich play soccer?

If I'm right, this episode.

Which makes sense, as he spends a lot of his time on Lyoko, but why build him up as this soccer star and then have him quit without fanfare? Curious...
Carth offline

Postby mcrlvr394 » Sun May 30, 2010 9:25 pm

Oh my golly! I bought a bunch of CL DVDs off of Amazon. It was like a four pack of seasons one and two. This one was on it. It's soooo adorable. I still get choked up when Ulrich's dad says, "Goodbye, Ulrich. I'm proud of you. Really, I am."
RIP Bobo

lovelikewoe

~formerly known as yumi_713~
mcrlvr394 offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet