Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:13 pm

Rock Bottom

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

What was your thought after seeing this episode??

Antefilms is racist!! Why not making a white person steal a pc? Why black people like Samantha should be broke?
No votes
Odd/Samantha... :D
23%
I loved this episode!!
15%
It's okay...
46%
Samantha must die!!
12%
It sucked.
4%

Total votes : 26

Rock Bottom

Postby MY85 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:30 pm

The very episode where Samantha appeared... the first episode where Odd gets kissed on-screen in the lips... Jim almost getting dirty by a XANA attack... also, the episode that led others to think Antefilms was racist... need more to say?
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Taelia » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:35 pm

Samantha sure seemed loving towards Odd.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Darkness Incarnate » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:39 pm

I did think that it was odd that in a show where there was almost no blacks that person that would steal the pc would be black, hmm..................
All your base are belong to us,LOL.
Darkness Incarnate offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Taelia » Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:01 pm

Much less a black female.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Darkness Incarnate » Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:05 pm

Maybe it's the way the french see blacks. Kinda messed up.
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Taelia » Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:20 pm

Yeah. I agree.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mewberries151 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:10 am

I disagree. Tamiya is African and she's just fine (in fact she's more moral than Millie in certain respects). AnteFilms' isn't racist...Odd's stolen things as well, albeit for a "worthy" cause, so Antefilm's obviously has no issue with showing either sides misbehaving. The lesson is that it's wrong no matter what the circumstance.

Also...let's have a huzzah for the original O/S pairing! :D Yeah!

*crickets chirp*

^^;
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Shi_Min_Xi » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:13 am

Going a bit off topic...:

I remember my friends and I saying that Antefilms were racist during "Pick on Yumi week" on how they didn't give Japanese the same respect (look at the family! They're portrayed as an unstable family that's constantly yelling at each other!) But that's besides the point....

Back on topic:
This was an interesting episode, defintily not something we would've expected.
Habataku mono wo mukaeru sora/Shihaisareru no wo osoreyashinai/Akogareru mabayusa wa/Subete wo kaeru tame ni/Dare mo yurusazu ni/Doko he yukeru darou?

The sky greets those who fly,I don't fear of being controlled/The dazzling brightness that I aspire for is to change everything/I cannot forgive anyone, where can I go?

-Doubt & Trust, access

Note: Avatar is from Mahou Sentai Magiranger. Watch it. It is made of win.
Shi_Min_Xi offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Star Way » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:24 am

Rage_of_the_Dragon wrote:Going a bit off topic...:

I remember my friends and I saying that Antefilms were racist during "Pick on Yumi week" on how they didn't give Japanese the same respect (look at the family! They're portrayed as an unstable family that's constantly yelling at each other!) But that's besides the point....

I think you're reading too much into it. If they really had an issue with either Japanese people or Japanese culture, they would never have had Yumi be a part of the gang. (Much less, base their animation style off of anime... Unless of course, they were making fun of it, which I really doubt they are.) Having Yumi's family be slightly disfunctional makes sense to me; Yumi's family is the only one that's close to the school, and therefore their little drama can be thrown into episodes a lot. It's just convenient for the writers.

As for Rock Bottom, I actually sort of liked this episode. My IRL Code Lyoko buddies have a real issue with Samantha (and, in turn, dislike the ep) but personally I thought introducing a new character was pretty cool. I would have liked to see more of her, and just how/when it was that her relationship with Odd met its end (as I very much assume it has, seeing as how Odd is rather popular with other ladies these days and Sam hasn't been mentioned at all).

Furthermore, Jim lifting weights to rock n' roll and then getting stuck in a closet was really pretty funny, you gotta admit...
Don't bother sending me messages or anything, I'm not in charge of the site anymore.

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby Mewberries151 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:29 am

Rage_of_the_Dragon wrote:Going a bit off topic...:

Back on topic:
This was an interesting episode, defintily not something we would've expected.

If you ask me, Ulrich's parents could easily have the same issues...but they live too far away to have focus on them every other episode.

I would submit that a few arguements does not an "unstable family" make. More like a "dysfunctional family". Wedded couples will argue, bicker, and fight from time to time. That's human nature. For a show, it's easier to focus on the times when they are arguing, as opposed to the times when they're not, for plot reasons.

Yumi's parents obviously don't argue every single day...otherwise Yumi would likely come to school irritable and sad in every episode, which she doesn't. Her parents only truly argue when times are rough...which is what most couples will tend to fight during; hard times. It's not a pointer to instability, as they're not fighting every waking moment of every episode. They're just a normal, "dysfunctional" family, that is able to deal with the issues they're confronted with.

But anyway, back on topic...I still like Sam. I wish they'd brought her back in season 2. Stealing was wrong, but she's had it rough, like Odd said, so I can pity her. ^^

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Shi_Min_Xi » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:32 am

Mewberries151 wrote:I would submit that a few arguements does not an "unstable family" make. More like a "dysfunctional family". Wedded couples will argue, bicker, and fight from time to time. That's human nature. For a show, it's easier to focus on the times when they are arguing, as opposed to the times when they're not, for plot reasons.

I agree to what both you and StarWay have said. I guess only seeing them sometimes doesn't give me the right to say they bicker all the time, just when we see them.

Back on topic:
I agree Mew, she had it rough and you have to have pity for her....
Habataku mono wo mukaeru sora/Shihaisareru no wo osoreyashinai/Akogareru mabayusa wa/Subete wo kaeru tame ni/Dare mo yurusazu ni/Doko he yukeru darou?

The sky greets those who fly,I don't fear of being controlled/The dazzling brightness that I aspire for is to change everything/I cannot forgive anyone, where can I go?

-Doubt & Trust, access

Note: Avatar is from Mahou Sentai Magiranger. Watch it. It is made of win.
Shi_Min_Xi offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby oddsgrlfriend » Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:20 pm

I pity Sam and I hate her. I WANNA GET KISSED BY ODD! ;__; Oh well...Yes I need a lifeI'm kidda mad she got Odd in trouble but I can see why. Everything she needs she has to get by stealing so...ya I see why she did it.
Life is a Fre@k $how!
oddsgrlfriend offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby emoBillâ„¢ » Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:58 am

Sadly I didn't see it...but it sounds really good!
___________________Image
emoBillâ„¢ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby TL. » Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:25 pm

Star Way wrote:Furthermore, Jim lifting weights to rock n' roll and then getting stuck in a closet was really pretty funny, you gotta admit...

That bit had 'Rocky' rip off all over it.

Good ep. Yay O/S!!!!!
THIS IS MY FORUM NOW!

ALL WHO DEFY ME, SHALL BE DESTROYED!
TL. offline
The Rank of Triumph!
The Rank of Triumph!

Postby emoBillâ„¢ » Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:28 pm

Oh, he got stuck in a closet? I saw one when he did that. And there was a mudslide. Was that the one?
___________________Image
emoBillâ„¢ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Jeremie Lover » Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:44 pm

After this episode Samantha was gone. I wonder what ever happened to her :umm:
I Was Sissi Delmas Lover
Jeremie Lover offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Jeremified » Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:37 pm

Aelita wrote:Oh, he got stuck in a closet? I saw one when he did that. And there was a mudslide. Was that the one?
Yes, it was.
I think this was a pretty good episode. No real comments.
thank you all for the good memories <3
Jeremified offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mewberries151 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:13 am

Jeremie Lover wrote:After this episode Samantha was gone. I wonder what ever happened to her :umm:

Technically, she wasn't a Kadic student. Odd fibbed to his friends about that to cover the fact that he was seeing her. Later on, he admitted to them that she was already in trouble at her own school and that getting into trouble at another school she's not even supposed to be near would only make matters worse. This may explain why she hasn't been seen in any of the episodes, as she can't possibly be included as one of the Kadic student extras. I thought they might let her cameo in "Final Mix" since she was a DJ and the best DJs from nearby schools were going to be playing at that dance, but we ended up not seeing alot of that dance anyway. ^^; So maybe she was there...and we just didn't see her... XD

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Taelia » Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:42 am

The funny thing is, she had Sissi's voice.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby . » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:43 am

[quote="Jeremie Lover"]After this episode Samantha was gone. I wonder what ever happened to her :umm: [/quote

Maybe she went to jail... >.>
. offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Darkborn » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:43 pm

Easy, she went back to the school she went to....no dice?...
Darkborn offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mewberries151 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:47 pm

Darkborn wrote:Easy, she went back to the school she went to....no dice?...

That's what I posted was my thoughts were on her disappearance. Because she wasn't actually a Kadic student...there's no opportunity for her to believable even appear in the backgrounds as an extra.

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Darkness Incarnate » Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:06 am

I think they should bring her back. Odds already dated every girl in his class "Not counting Sissy......Maybe one day" but there's no other girl that Odds really likes.
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Waves_blade » Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:49 am

Actully he dated her online sort of, but if your not counting that then yeah your right. As for sam coming back, sure! It would be an... interesting idea.
W_b
Waves_blade offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Samantha Must DIE!!

Postby SauskesGirl246 » Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:50 pm

I hated that ep. cause odd kissed sam :kissing: ERRRRR!! Sam Must DIE!!! :cussout: :cussout2: But I liked the ep. but not that part. And when odd was going to save sam its not right :arg: He should of let her DIE!!! :whatever:
SauskesGirl246 offline
New Kid
New Kid

Next