Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:51 pm

Things have changed

General original series discussion (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Things have changed

Postby SamBlob » Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:38 pm

Has anyone noticed that XANA isn't interested in large-scale destruction or global domination any more? No more earthquakes, insect swarms, gas attacks or other chemical hazard attacks? He's even given up on teddy bears!

His sole concern these days seems to be getting Aelita's memory. I don't understand it; unless, of course, there is something in Aelita's memory that can unlock a source of great and terrible power that can cause XANA to gain global domination or cause global destruction without interference...

On another change: Between Thursday ("A Great Day") and today ("Final Mix") I would have said that the RTTP was too dangerous for them to ever use again. It certainly would have been appreciated in "St. Valentine's Day"! I had thought that this would have achieved what Sissy (and Linii-chan?) has wanted for so long, to be part of the gang, even if only as a "Get Out Of Jail Free" card. This would have been strangely fitting, the eternal user being used as a pawn. But then came the line: "You'll never know, Jim!" and lo and behold, the RTTP was back in use! I guess it would have been too much to explain everything to Jim and the situation was worth doubling XANA's power, unless Jeremy has found a way to counter the XANA-empowering effect of the RTTP, which I doubt...
My LF family:
Mother: StarWay
FairlyOddSister: CBIzumi
Awesome little sister: Mewberries151
Big sister with whom I often quarrel: Linii-chan
Mad scientist little brother: X1
Favourite cousin: Ransomed_Heart
Keeper of heraldic arms: Doggiegal (actually, I do my own coat of arms now...)

all welcome in Room#420
SamBlob offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Re: Things have changed

Postby MY85 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:46 am

Interesting for the CL Discussion.

SamBlob wrote:Has anyone noticed that XANA isn't interested in large-scale destruction or global domination any more? No more earthquakes, insect swarms, gas attacks or other chemical hazard attacks? He's even given up on teddy bears!

Noticed that. Although for now, it's been more like exploring Lyoko by the team and human being controlling by XANA (Sissi and Jérémie).

He also wrote:His sole concern these days seems to be getting Aelita's memory. I don't understand it; unless, of course, there is something in Aelita's memory that can unlock a source of great and terrible power that can cause XANA to gain global domination or cause global destruction without interference...

I'm trying to relate this fact also to the event when Aelita got into Earth for the first time. What she saw, what she lived from her first experience, and more soon to be revealed day by day at Cartoon Network must be something useful for XANA. I'm trying to wonder how would it be for Aelita to experience a desease... and XANA using that to make somethign worse out of it.

Finally, he wrote:On another change: Between Thursday ("A Great Day") and today ("Final Mix") I would have said that the RTTP was too dangerous for them to ever use again. It certainly would have been appreciated in "St. Valentine's Day"! I had thought that this would have achieved what Sissy (and Linii-chan?) has wanted for so long, to be part of the gang, even if only as a "Get Out Of Jail Free" card. This would have been strangely fitting, the eternal user being used as a pawn. But then came the line: "You'll never know, Jim!" and lo and behold, the RTTP was back in use! I guess it would have been too much to explain everything to Jim and the situation was worth doubling XANA's power, unless Jeremy has found a way to counter the XANA-empowering effect of the RTTP, which I doubt...

You still say Sissy and Jeremy... unless you call her that way because you hate her so much (hencing what "Sissy" means), and for the other characther I don't know.

If they're going to explain the things to Jim, I guess they don't have to tell him everything. Just some basic things, like at "False Start".
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Little Vili » Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:54 am

SamBlob wrote:His sole concern these days seems to be getting Aelita's memory. I don't understand it; unless, of course, there is something in Aelita's memory that can unlock a source of great and terrible power that can cause XANA to gain global domination or cause global destruction without interference...

Yeah, I dont see why he doesnt try anything else, but then again, if he destroyed Aelita, then he couldnt ger her memories.

Another thing that bothers me is XANA always just controlling someone. I mean, sure its cool and all, but we dont want it to be so repetative that we're just like "gee, I wonder who XANA is going to possese today?"

Well anyway, its good to see that the Blob still has some good interpretations (sp? :p) left in him. As well as insightful views.
See all the action at Penny Arcade and MegaTokyo
< Avatar compliments of Linii-chan
Why you dont deserve Aelita.
Vili+Aelita= <3
Little Vili offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Ransomed_Heart » Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:13 am

Perhaps it's to avoid endangering Aelita, since she is now in the real world and it hardly has perfect control over the outcomes of its attacks. Take the time it tried to ram the nuclear power plant with a bus (I can't remember the episode at the moment). There was no telling what kind of destruction that would cause (well, we have a basic idea, but...). So some of the attacks could risk endangering Aelita, and XANA has been it painfully clear that it wants her alive.
"I'm so glad I found an angel
Someone who was there
When all my hopes fell.
I wanna fly looking in your eyes.."

-Jesse McCartney, "Because You Live"
~ <3 Ray
Ransomed_Heart offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby DL » Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:17 pm

still like I said before I want XANA to go back to his roots and blow something up, I mean last season we were like what will XANA try today? and now we are like so who is left for XANA to posses...I miss the explosions...and the deadly gas...and the lazer that could be used to kill people...and the bull dozers. I mean in season one there was a lot more originality than there is now...and personally I miss it

DL offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby DL » Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:39 pm

'Attack of the Zombies' ??? they have been playing too much RE4

DL offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Skysong » Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:20 pm

Probably Aelita has some info locked in her mind that A) XANA wants, B) XANA needs, or C) that could destroy XANA. Either that, or he's just a sadist.

Hmm... maybe XANA's some wildly mutated Franz Hopper and doesn't want Aelita to know... :*D

And I *like* the subtle attack thing. It makes for more mystery, less cheesy dramatic music, and continuing storylines.

As for the hanging plotlines... from what I've seen (just a little newsblurb) Code: Lyoko was originally meant to be an experiment of mixing traditional animation and CG, but it got really popular, so they decided to continue. So probably they just didn't care and didn't think too much about the plotting in Season 1.

Oh, who cares?! Season two is AMAZING!
Mistress of madness and all that jazz. FFN account DA account
Panel from Wild Child 'cause the nosekiss was getting too weird.
Skysong offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Icelcis » Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:32 pm

Skysong wrote:
Oh, who cares?! Season two is AMAZING!

Amen, brother.

Icelcis offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Mewberries151 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:07 pm

TB3 wrote:And judging by the episode titles 'Cold War' and 'Attack of the Zombies' some of the later episodes could really be explosive, or at least different. :D

I have the strangest feeling that "Cold War" is going to be "New Order's" attack opposite. Instead of things getting hot, things are going to get ice cool. ;)

As for the changes, I kind of have the same opinion that they've switched to the possession so that we miss the "large-scale" destruction attacks. Just like in season 1 where an episode, in which XANA didn't activate a tower but react to a situation presented, was a treat, so to might be actual classic "blowing things up" episodes in season 2. They know how to keep us on our toes and keep us guessing. Because even when we think we have an episode pegged plot-wise (ie. "Saint Valentines' Day" ), they throw us a huge surprise. :D
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby SamBlob » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:37 pm

Ransomed_Heart wrote: Take the time it tried to ram the nuclear power plant with a bus (I can't remember the episode at the moment). There was no telling what kind of destruction that would cause (well, we have a basic idea, but...). So some of the attacks could risk endangering Aelita, and XANA has been it painfully clear that it wants her alive.

Two different episodes, two different attacks. In "Seeing Is Believing" XANA stored up charge in a power pylon to unleash it on a nuclear powerplant. In "Log Book" XANA possessed the bus and tried to ram a gigantic LPG tank at a petrochemical plant with it. The nuclear powerplant attack would definitely have erased Aelita; the fireball from the petrochemical plant: maybe or maybe not.
My LF family:

all welcome in Room#420
SamBlob offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Ulrich Stern » Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:51 am

Duh....XANA is Franz err... more appropriatly Waldo SCHAEFFER, Aelita's Father...who's trying to protect her from the past before he lets her back into the world. The memories are obviously repressed mentaly or otherwise and essentially he wants to COMPLETELY erase her past so she can go forward. Thinking she was created in the computer as opposed to on earth. Remember the first rerun of "New Order" at the REAL end credits (finally..shown) where all the pictures were in the Dossier? Waldo SCHAEFFER's! They lay out the timeline...

1974 - Project Carthage
1982 - the picture in front of the snowy chalet of Franz/Waldo and Aelita's mother (pregnant with twins!!!...Talia)
1994 - The name change to Franz Hopper (Government Relocation Program) and then moving into the Hermatage (a.k.a L' Ermitage) as part of the cover up!

We know "Franz" lived in the Hermatage...and we also saw Aelita in HER OLD BEDROOM in Mr. Puck...It's like so obvious!!! XANA's been letting them win all along matching strength to keep them on edge. Leading them into the master plan....while sojourning these trials leading to the final quest!
No I'm not ULRICH's VA so please stop PM'ing me questions! ;)

CODE: Hopper
Ulrich Stern offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Mewberries151 » Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:46 pm

Intriguing theory...with some good evidence. We can't be sure yet. Also, that doesn't explain why in the first season XANA had no reserves about killing Aelita (sending his monsters to shoot at her and the like). I believe you might be on to something, but this theory still leaves alot of plot holes uncovered. There must be something more, or something else to this.

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ransomed_Heart » Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:19 pm

SamBlob wrote:
Ransomed_Heart wrote: Take the time it tried to ram the nuclear power plant with a bus (I can't remember the episode at the moment). There was no telling what kind of destruction that would cause (well, we have a basic idea, but...). So some of the attacks could risk endangering Aelita, and XANA has been it painfully clear that it wants her alive.

Two different episodes, two different attacks. In "Seeing Is Believing" XANA stored up charge in a power pylon to unleash it on a nuclear powerplant. In "Log Book" XANA possessed the bus and tried to ram a gigantic LPG tank at a petrochemical plant with it. The nuclear powerplant attack would definitely have erased Aelita; the fireball from the petrochemical plant: maybe or maybe not.

Lol, thanks ^_^ I must have the worst memory for these sort of things ever XD
"I'm so glad I found an angel
Someone who was there
When all my hopes fell.
I wanna fly looking in your eyes.."

-Jesse McCartney, "Because You Live"
~ <3 Ray
Ransomed_Heart offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Ulrich Stern » Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:07 pm

Of course theres no proof that XANA was actually trying to KILL Aelita or the group for that matter. We are only assuming that but it could have been a test or a way to lead the group to the point they are at now - forcing the group to make certain choices and follow certain paths leading them into a final situation where something special will happen as a result of the turmoil.

The fatc is they changed a few major things in the story to lead us in a very different direction that the show was going. This new direction seems to be planned out much better that Season 1. Actually everything is much better. That's what financing can do to a "B" budgeted show with and awesome story to tell.

Ulrich Stern offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Mewberries151 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:44 pm

But there's still a few major plot problems with that theory. In "Missing Link" the scithizoa attacks Yumi instead of Aelita and steals her genetic coding. Aelita attempts to give her, her own genetic code, but has to stop because that will allow XANA instant access to her memories. Now while that still fits into your theory, here's what doesn't. Without her genetic coding, Aelita would be completely virtual again and the group would be back to square one. There's the "rub". If Franz Hopper is XANA and therefore the scithizoa as well, he wouldn't want Aelita re-trapped in Lyoko, because according to your theory, he wants her to be human.

And one can't just discount season 1, and say, oh they're just changing things for this plotline. Season 2 has the same rules as season 2, more or less other than that they now know for sure the RTTP makes XANA more powerful. This season is much more planned out, one could say, then season 1, but the same rules still apply. I still think XANA's just a computer, albeit a virus-infected one, IMO.

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Arcangel613 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:11 pm

;__; sniff, I miss the senseless destruction, It just isn't fun when people aren't getting blown up, their lifeless bodies flying through the air like little ragdolls, ah I miss the good ole' days, don't you? ah well I guess Zombie will have to suffice my desire for distruction. Like they say, Its only funny till someone gets hurt, then its hillarious :*D
Formerly Raven_613

Tekirai wrote:69% of the population thinks sexual innuendo is funny

I saw you smiling.

Arcangel613 offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Location: New Azarath...what, you don't read the comics? the old azarath was destroyed ages ago. Darn Trigon.

Postby Ulrich Stern » Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:16 am

Mewberries151 wrote:.......

Yes, all true. However, I'm not saying all my ideas are correct, but some if not most are quite likley. Another idea is that Xana (who possesed Mr. Delmas, and showed commpassion by giving the coat---compassion is a specifically human trait, not a programmed computer) who ever he was, was scanned in at a time where a bug in the program or a virus-sabotage, occured.

Even if I'm completely wrong, the time and effort poured into this season has created some of the most fantastic episodes! It's great now that they have better financing and access to higher quality animators. Imagine the night before the FINAL Lyoko Episode...when we finally find out the conclusion. WOW!

Ulrich Stern offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Re: Things have changed

Postby Jazzy Josh » Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:37 am

Rodri wrote:Interesting for the CL Discussion.

I'm trying to relate this fact also to the event when Aelita got into Earth for the first time. What she saw, what she lived from her first experience, and more soon to be revealed day by day at Cartoon Network must be something useful for XANA. I'm trying to wonder how would it be for Aelita to experience a desease... and XANA using that to make somethign worse out of it.

either that, or he's trying to Comprehend the human mind, and using Aelita becaue she's at a vulnerable stage
Jazzy Josh offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby SamBlob » Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:06 am

Ulrich Stern wrote: Another idea is that Xana (who possesed Mr. Delmas, and showed commpassion by giving the coat---compassion is a specifically human trait, not a programmed computer) who ever he was, was scanned in at a time where a bug in the program or a virus-sabotage, occured.

That wasn't compassion, that was expedience. Odd explained to XANA that if he wanted live hostages (and the fact that they were still living suggested this) then he had better find a way to keep Yumi alive in the cold.

Ulrich Stern wrote: Even if I'm completely wrong, the time and effort poured into this season has created some of the most fantastic episodes! It's great now that they have better financing and access to higher quality animators. Imagine the night before the FINAL Lyoko Episode...when we finally find out the conclusion. WOW!

I still prefer Season One. It seems fresher, not quite as forced.
My LF family:

all welcome in Room#420
SamBlob offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Jazzy Josh » Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:01 am

if you will also notice, the tower at the beginning of the episode is a "spoiler" to if there will be an activated tower
Jazzy Josh offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby DarthFerfer » Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:52 am

SamBlob wrote:I still prefer Season One. It seems fresher, not quite as forced.

yah in season one XANA had a wide range of attack types (from natural disasters (if you would call them that) to controlling trains and much much more including direct attacks on Team Lyoko) now i can predict whats ganna happen in the next episode (he ganna posses (sp) someone)
Just tell your parents that we're fighting rouge computer thats trying to take over a world.
-Odd

Welcome to room 289.5 AKA the evil genius lab
DarthFerfer offline

Postby Mewberries151 » Sat Oct 08, 2005 2:32 pm

DarthFerfer wrote:
SamBlob wrote:I still prefer Season One. It seems fresher, not quite as forced.

yah in season one XANA had a wide range of attack types (from natural disasters (if you would call them that) to controlling trains and much much more including direct attacks on Team Lyoko) now i can predict whats ganna happen in the next episode (he ganna posses (sp) someone)

^^; Although, in the last new episode shown ("XANA's Kiss") he didn't possess anyone...just impersonated them. Some of the upcoming episode titles sound like they have potential for a typical XANA attack (or at least no possession). "Cold War" has at least three possible attacks that could happen in it, and all of them would be classic XANA. Plus...the only people at this point that would even prove mildly useful to possess would be Herb (since he already possessed Nicholas) and William. William I think he definitely might go for, unless he figures William's already destructive enough on his own ("Attack of the Zombies"). I have no idea what he'd do with Herb...unless he wants to try using robots again. O_o

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HvonM » Sat Oct 08, 2005 2:43 pm

SamBlob wrote:
Ulrich Stern wrote: Another idea is that Xana (who possesed Mr. Delmas, and showed commpassion by giving the coat---compassion is a specifically human trait, not a programmed computer) who ever he was, was scanned in at a time where a bug in the program or a virus-sabotage, occured.

That wasn't compassion, that was expedience. Odd explained to XANA that if he wanted live hostages (and the fact that they were still living suggested this) then he had better find a way to keep Yumi alive in the cold.

Which episode did that happen in?
HvonM offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Next