Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:48 am

The Chips are Down

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

The Chips are Down. Yea or nay?

Poll ended at Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:50 pm

Verily, tis a delightful romp twixt fantasy and adventure.
80%
Mirthful and wonderous, yet nought new.
20%
Zounds! Tis a blasphemy against Lyoko - burn it!
No votes

Total votes : 15

Postby Icelcis » Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:34 pm

Angst! Angst! Angst!

So... Much.... Y/U.... :D

That was good of Ulrich, to give the ticket to charity. And now we know what the argument was last episode.

Possesion. Whee. Although, how many of us thought it would be Nicholas? XANA pulled out all the stops on him: that random delivery boy's Spidey powers, Jeremie-Sith's electric stuff, and Jimbo's hologram phasing thing.

I can't believe that Ulrich did something so low! Hasn't he watched Back to the Future 2? Gambling with future knowledge always turns out bad!

Icelcis offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby GOGOLINIICHAN! » Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:37 pm

Aww.. poor Ulrich! *huggles him*

Heh.. I was hoping that this episode would continue with the "new Sissi" thing but I was happy with the way it turned out. She didn't devolve, though, which is a huge plus. ^^

Anyways.. OMFGSZ, Odd is hitting on Aelita in every episode! Ahhh! It is too awesome hghtrhgdfdhgdf ahhh! xDDD He so likes her, omgsz. :P

And Nicholas and Herb fighting.. lmao, that was too funny. XD

BTW, Possessed-Nicholas was like some freaky shiz yo! o_O

Awesome episode, I <3'ed it. =)
I <3 Stephen
[icon by meee, liniichan@lj]
GOGOLINIICHAN! offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby DL » Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:40 pm

First of all WTF do the poll choices mean? Write them in english next time, english we can understand.

Second this episode took alot of ideas for previous episodes. First of all the basis of the attack was just an upgraded version of the attack form Routine. It is good to see XANA getting back into his old rythm but still an Nuke being launched would be better. Although who knew the crabs had those thing that they could fire under them. Over all the ideas have mostly been used except for the Yumi moving part. Other than that nothing that great. One of the worse episodes of season two. I'm not saying it was subpar it was just average. And in this season average is like failing, especially after all the incredible episodes we have seen.

DL offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Star Way » Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:41 pm

I can't believe that Ulrich did something so low! Hasn't he watched Back to the Future 2? Gambling with future knowledge always turns out bad!

AAAAUGH. I hope that was a little spoof of that movie....

And OMG A/O 4EVA. xDDDDD

...Okay I'm done fangirling. :P
Don't bother sending me messages or anything, I'm not in charge of the site anymore.

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby GOGOLINIICHAN! » Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:47 pm

Star Way wrote:And OMG A/O 4EVA. xDDDDD

OMFG yes! It makes me want to.. make O/A avatars like WHOA!! ..Feel the O/A love.. my new obsession.. mwaha, move over Ed/Winry, you b*+ches. xDDDD *spazzes* :P

Edit: Okay.. Ed/Winry.. I luff you, you aren't b*+ches. I sorry. ;__; XD (Linii has lost her mind)
Last edited by GOGOLINIICHAN! on Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I <3 Stephen
GOGOLINIICHAN! offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Lyn » Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:47 pm

Wow… what a weird episode. I mean, it was good… but really weird. xD

Another possession, but this time it was Nicholas… er… eh? Hands up, who was expecting that? Really. ‘Cause it sure surprised me. And we learned that it wasn’t just a fluke with that unnamed guy from SVD- getting possessed by XANA gives you spider powers! That would be so awesome (expect for, ya know, the whole being controlled by a psychopathic computer part)

I felt so bad for Ulrich this episode. At first I thought he was crazy (talking to the radio. Hahaha…) and then… well, yeah. Poor guy.

And Nicholas’ laugh! It was evil and stupid at the same time (No offence to Nicholas fans… just stating the facts). It was also very freaky. 0o’’

The beginning was good too. ‘Cause I like to make you blush.’ Hehehe… I died laughing. ^_^

The attack on Lyoko was weird, too. It was... like... The Krabes are attttacking omg! 0o''' There were so many. ... :shock: And those lazers under their bodies surprised me, too.

Yup... nice episode overall, methinks.
Lyn offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Arcangel613 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:05 pm

not a bad episode but not as good as the others. and yes we all loved Ulrich in this episode poor little guy. but then he went on Lyoko and :kya: KICK BUTT TIME BABY!! And YAY FOR YxU!!!! :lotsoflove:

and my over all rating on this episode is (X-play style)

:) :) :)

three smiles, out of five
Formerly Raven_613

Tekirai wrote:69% of the population thinks sexual innuendo is funny

I saw you smiling.

Arcangel613 offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Location: New Azarath...what, you don't read the comics? the old azarath was destroyed ages ago. Darn Trigon.

Postby Mewberries151 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:10 pm

Okay I give massive kudos to Mr. Geczy on this episode. Not only did he have to do Odd...but he also had to do an evil Nicholas...and convincingly! I give a round of applause as well. Odd was adorable on this episode and Nicholas has reached an all new level of creepiness. Nicely done! :) I should also give kudos to Ms. Weber-Scaff for playing Ulrich so absolutely in character and making him sound so huggable. ^_^

As for the episode itself, I nearly had a heart attack when they temporarily ousted Ulrich. I can understand their frustration with him, as he really did not do the smartest thing there, but at least Aelita was a bit more understanding. Poor Ulrich's plans just never work out very well for him. ^^; His devotion to Yumi though was at its sweetest though. I'm really impressed with how they're maturing the Y/U pairing. Ulrich truly can't stand the thought of not being able to see Yumi, so much so that he's willing to risk alot. It's really rather sweet. And I loved the end where Yumi fools him for a little bit and the musses his hair. Too cute! 5 stars to Ulrich in this one.

XD Odd. He's great in every episode! And he has the best lines too! The "Because I love making you blush" line was uncannily adorable as well as his invitation to Aelita to ride with him on his Lyoko vehicle. Who says he can't be a gentleman? Whatever girl he finds for himself in the end, I hope she really loves him because he's becoming quite the sweetheart in his own right. :)

Jeremie is hilarious when he's totally out of it. His whole half-dazed conversation with Ulrich in the Factory was really pretty funny, despite how serious the situation kind of was. Poor Jeremie. He wasn't feeling so good. *huggles* As for his performance in the rest of the episode, he was really in character. I can understand him being really angry with Ulrich for what he did, and it's kind of interesting to learn that the group did make a set of rules that they'd follow in using the RTTP. No abusing the power. I'm very pleased with this. ;)

Aelita was very sweet, as she tends to be, and Yumi was really good in this episode too. I liked her scenes with Ulrich in the first half. The two of them excusing themselves from class in order to talk was really cute.

As for the XANA attack, the Nicholas possession was totally surprising and very intriguing that XANA would try to just make them suffer for a change. I can't remember if he also deactivated the scanners as well, but just the pain in itself was pretty diabolical. For a second, I thought he was planning to materialize all those Krabs, which would have been equally scary, but this set-up was pretty cool. Odd's video game-like run on the Krab defense lines was really cool to watch too. And the real world plot could not have been sweeter! All in all a really good episode! :D
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ransomed_Heart » Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:10 pm

" 'Cause I love making you blush."

"Madame, would you do me the honor of climbing aboard my noble..board?"

*dies* I love Odd/Aelita! I can't belive he hits on her right on front of Jeremie! But I also feel bad because he acknowledges her feelings for Jeremie. *cries for poor Odd*

Loved this episode, but I was a bit dissappointed that we're back to the whole 'possessing people' thing again. And...Nicholas? I just...I had hoped it would at least be William or something.
"I'm so glad I found an angel
Someone who was there
When all my hopes fell.
I wanna fly looking in your eyes.."

-Jesse McCartney, "Because You Live"
~ <3 Ray
Ransomed_Heart offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby GOGOLINIICHAN! » Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:17 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:As for the XANA attack, the Nicholas possession was totally surprising and very intriguing that XANA would try to just make them suffer for a change. I can't remember if he also deactivated the scanners as well, but just the pain in itself was pretty diabolical. For a second, I thought he was planning to materialize all those Krabs, which would have been equally scary, but this set-up was pretty cool. Odd's video game-like run on the Krab defense lines was really cool to watch too. And the real world plot could not have been sweeter! All in all a really good episode! :D

That is something interesting that I haven't thought of.. just trying to make them suffer for a change. Very, very interesting.. hmm..

Ray, quoting Odd wrote:" 'Cause I love making you blush."

Omfgsz abcdefjhiklmnop ahhhh! The. best. ever!!

Ray, quoting Odd wrote:"Madame, would you do me the honor of climbing aboard my noble..board?"

So sweet! I was like "O__O.. two slap-in-the-face obvious O/A hints in one eppy!? *heaven*." xD
I <3 Stephen
GOGOLINIICHAN! offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Stephen (x1) » Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:26 pm

You need to stop believing in O/A...

Crap, I just read all of this first... :arg:
What will you remember me for?

Stephen (x1) offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mewberries151 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:28 pm

Ransomed_Heart wrote:" 'Cause I love making you blush."

"Madame, would you do me the honor of climbing aboard my noble..board?"

*dies* I love Odd/Aelita! I can't belive he hits on her right on front of Jeremie! But I also feel bad because he acknowledges her feelings for Jeremie. *cries for poor Odd*

Loved this episode, but I was a bit dissappointed that we're back to the whole 'possessing people' thing again. And...Nicholas? I just...I had hoped it would at least be William or something.

I almost loved Odd more than Ulrich in this episode. Almost. Odd is becoming way too sweet and adorable for his own good. ;) Odd (and Mr. Geczy) get mad kudos for this episode.

"Marabounta" might have us going back to the old roots. Apparently Marabounta are some sort of robotic mechanisms...and XANA just loves robots. XD So we might have a regular old XANA attack. It'd be really nice if they alternate between a XANA attack, a non-Real World affecting XANA attack, and a possesion attack with the episodes. That way we get a little of each. ^_^

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ransomed_Heart » Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:30 pm

x1 wrote:You need to stop believing in O/A...

Never! I loved this pairing all the way back in the last season! There's no way I'm giving it up now, I'm clutching to it like grim death.
Someone who was there
When all my hopes fell.

~ <3 Ray
Ransomed_Heart offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Icelcis » Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:31 pm

Not exactly the first time he did something just to make them suffer. Routine had no nukes, no power plants, no giant teddy bears.... Just a whole episode with XANA gearing to kill them. Most of us agreed that XANA got at his most evil and subtle in that one.

Come to think of it, there are a lot of parallels between that epi and this one. Alternate couple hints by the bucketload, Y/U, supra-diabolical XANA....

Icelcis offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Stephen (x1) » Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:33 pm

Ransomed_Heart wrote:

Never! I loved this pairing all the way back in the last season! There's no way I'm giving it up now, I'm clutching to it like grim death.

...There's no way Aelita would fall for Odd...

...*sigh* I'll never understand some people...
What will you remember me for?

Stephen (x1) offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ransomed_Heart » Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:35 pm

x1 wrote:
Ransomed_Heart wrote:

Then I shall cling to the angsty one-sided love.
Someone who was there
When all my hopes fell.

~ <3 Ray
Ransomed_Heart offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Mewberries151 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:43 pm

Ransomed_Heart wrote:
x1 wrote:
Ransomed_Heart wrote:

Then I shall cling to the angsty one-sided love.

I will say this...whoever Odd finally pairs himself with in the end, I hope that girl loves him with all her heart. He's really becoming such a lovable teddy bear...and quite the romantic in his own right. It's very cute. ^_^

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Icelcis » Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:46 pm

Thing is, he's just being playful. He almost reminds me of myself: I often do chivalrous stuff, but in jest. I have two friends who are in love with each other (they each told me without knowing that the other also told me) and I spent practically every waking moment of my first two years of high school trying, trying, trying, to get them together. Oh, I became a master at the art of matchmaking. I know the ins and outs, the little hints, the subtle suggestions. Odd is pulling it right now, trust me. One prime component is jealousy. Make the guy, usually the guy, anyway, think that you are after the girl. Find another girl, preferrably one you know, act in such a way as to make the first girl think that girl number two is after the guy she likes.

This strategy cannot possibly backfire. If they refuse the advances of the other actor, then the other person in the not-yet-couple will notice, bringing about positive affections in that manner. If they relent, and go out with the actor person, then the other will almost certainly do so as well, getting jealousy from the object of their affection, and eventually, the actors will nudge them in the direction of their person of desire.

It gets sticky from there. Matchmaking is probably the most difficult thing to do in life. Even more so if you are guy, since men are easier to understand, and thus manipulate. Women.... I will never, ever understand women. I speak from the standpoint of a male 16 year old here.

(In case you are wondering, yes, my friends got together.)

Icelcis offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Lotho » Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:08 pm

IceIcis and his pimp escapades!
Lotho offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Icelcis » Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:15 pm

Hey, it wasn't me! My friends were too thick about each other to notice the painfully obvious. I see that that happens a lot....

Icelcis offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Cecilia » Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:25 pm

-ahem- Now that we're finished with the matchmaking tangent...

o.O Despite the fact that I somehow guessed what was happening to Yumi (clues from previous episodes and...o.O because I've moved a lot) I'm in agreement...sorta...with John...YES, I liked the episode, but it did recycle a few ideas...^^ Which in XANA's case is good.

Ever notice the irony in that our chats reflect the episodes? xD We say "no more possession" and we get one of the wildest yet. I have to admit, that was sweet as all get-out...not as much as X-Jeremie, but still awesome.

*Oh, and the new eps continue for at least another two weeks, I'm watching carefully*

^^ And the lottery thing...I could rant about this forever...

And, as an avid Crash Bandicoot fan, the crabs continually made me think of the weird saucer guys that had evil beams of DOOM on their undersides.
Cecilia offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby YDV » Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:12 pm

Urgg! I only saw like 5 minutes of this! :cussout:

Hehe, I did see the "Because I love making you blush" part. It made me crack up. :D

OOOOO, bad Ulrich! No gambling. Gambling bad.

Nicholas got XANA-possessed? o.O *imagines that...*

Odd/Aelita?!?! Noooo! Odd/Hope & Jeremie/Aelita! Like totally. (Hope is my OC who Odd has a crush on and she has one on him but he doesnt know it because he thinks she has a boyfriend and... *shuts up*)
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mewberries151 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:28 pm

Did anyone else find it amusing how easily Ulrich got a legal Lottery ticket? *snickers* I mean I know the excuse he gave was a good one, but you'd think most of those sellers would have heard that one before. XD

And the Spanish class scene was choice! That really had me laughing since Ulrich asked to ask a question in Spanish and then asked the actual question in English. Classic! :D

I really loved that, while studying, Ulrich started talking to his radio before getting frustrated with it and shutting it off. I do that. ^^; Particularly, when it's not playing any good music, and I want it to. :*D I love that these characters reflect things people actually do in real life. It makes it that much more funny and enjoyable. ^_^

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Doggiegal » Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:38 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:And the Spanish class scene was choice! That really had me laughing since Ulrich asked to ask a question in Spanish and then asked the actual question in English. Classic! :D

My friend (she uses this Direct TV/Sattelite thing, while I use cable, so she gets it an hour before I do), told me it was French class. And we had Spanish yesterday! :arg:

Speaking of her, she predicted that Yumi'd nearly move this morning o.O And I asked her why she thought of that... :shock:
Doggiegal offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Next