Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:31 pm

The Code Lyoko Evolution Thread!

General Evolution discussion (Season 5)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby Blueyedblonde » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:50 am

Uhm why does Odd look 12? Yikes. I don't like it~~~

Also,... The guy playing Ulrich is cute. :D
Blueyedblonde offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby TheLQ » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:19 am

Welp, now that the cast has been released I don't think I'm watching Evolution. Live action just doesn't seem like something I would like.

Oh well
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Cassius335 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:47 am

TheLQ wrote:Welp, now that the cast has been released I don't think I'm watching Evolution. Live action just doesn't seem like something I would like.

Oh well

I kinda want to see at least an episode or two at this stage. We've been waiting for new CL this long, after all.

green wrote:...I agree with the sentiment that this export casting deal is either going to be an amazing thing or absolutely terrible.

Basically exactly how I've felt about this endeavor since day one, but that had been waning with the cast announcements. Had been, anyway.

It's going to be interesting to see, in future years, how similar/different the US version is to this upcoming French version.
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TheTsunamix » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:52 pm

TheLQ wrote:Welp, now that the cast has been released I don't think I'm watching Evolution. Live action just doesn't seem like something I would like.

Oh well

Don't knock it until you try it.

I'm kinda disappointed too, but I did expect a lot worse.
TheTsunamix offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby TheTsunamix » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:03 pm

From Code Lyoko's Facebook page.

Attention fans! Tomorrow at 10:00am PST, we will be unveiling the first images from Code Lyoko: Evolution! Stay tuned!
TheTsunamix offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby JesusFreak » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:57 pm

Is this what they meant?

Because it's so cool

THINGS I NOTICED THAT I AM PUTTING IN LIST FORMAT

1. OH MY GOD THIS IS ACTUALLY HAPPENING YES

2. Odd can now shoot three arrows at a time from each hand

3. Ulrich and William don't seem to get along

4. The towers look pretty awesome in motion, almost like foreign code or something. Perhaps they're not the towers of old...?

5. The CGI looks a bit simpler, more streamlined. I approve

6. The Overwing has a fin on the bottom now. I guess Moonscoop hated the giant slipper jokes

7. Yumi seems to digitize her fans from nowhere, hammerspace style

8. Aelita still has her wings

9. Monsters explode into lil red digi-bits now, and then all the lil digi-bits implode into an explosion. It looks pretty cool.

10. After all these years, I still turn into that twelve-year-old kid I once was when I see new CL

11. William has a lot of orange accents in his new costume. It's like a darker orange so it kinda fits tho.

12. Errybody has a shot of their hands interfacing with a screen of some sort on Lyoko. Does this mean everyone can deactivate towers now?

13. I really hope that whoever did the music for the trailer isn't doing the show as well

14. No footage of the warriors in the real world appears in this trailer

15. OH MY GOD THIS IS HAPPENING FOR REAL

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby TheTsunamix » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:47 pm

Dang it! All three forums managed to get to it before I did (College! Why are you doing this to me?).

Anyways, I LOVE it. I'm completely hyped for what is to come next.
TheTsunamix offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby TheAppleFreak » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:29 am

Carth beat me to posting it on the Facebook group for LF (a bunch of the older members are active there), and someone else beat me to posting this on /r/CodeLyoko on Reddit. And of course, JF beat me to posting it here. Oh well, that's the internet for you.

I'm pretty excited about this. I don't really like the virtualization sequence, but oh god, the nostalgia... I'm excited about this. I'm really excited about this.
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline
Someone actually trusted me to run this site

Postby LadyLucy » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:30 am

it's FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!
<3 <3 <3
Although there was NO shots of Jeremie, which sort of peeved me off. I mean, come on. He's part of the gang, far more than William is. But they focus on the atheltic bits...go figure XD
But it still looks EPIC!!!!!
And I actually like the music.....^^
viewtopic.php?t=2354- my Art Thread...please visit!!
Behold, the rejoyic-ify worthy sig by Jeremified!!!

Thankszers to Vora for this coolzers sig!!!

Someone told me today that I was crazy....I fell off my unicorn in shock!
LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TheTsunamix » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:20 pm

TheAppleFreak wrote:I don't really like the virtualization sequence.

If I had a nickel for every time I heard that, I could drop out of college and move to Honolulu.

I still don't see why people are complaining about the virtualization thing. Compared to the blast of white light and the wind blowing up in the previous seasons, I'd say this is an improvement. At least here we actually get to see the process with more detail.
TheTsunamix offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby TheAppleFreak » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:25 pm

TheTsunamix wrote:
TheAppleFreak wrote:I don't really like the virtualization sequence.

If I had a nickel for every time I heard that, I could drop out of college and move to Honolulu.

I still don't see why people are complaining about the virtualization thing. Compared to the blast of white light and the wind blowing up in the previous seasons, I'd say this is an improvement. At least here we actually get to see the process with more detail.

It's not so much that (though I admit the nostalgia goggles could be part of that), but I feel that the sequence could have been handled a bit better. Right now, it looks... cheesy.
TheAppleFreak offline

Postby TheTsunamix » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:59 pm

New pic everyone: http://img.codelyoko.fr/upload/files/1348944646_307.jpg

I'll admit, it looks a lot better than the last one.
TheTsunamix offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Cassius335 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:22 am

Nice pic.

Maybe it's just prior events making me suspicious, but notice William isn't among the CGI models on the right?
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Bad (or good) news guys

Postby LyokoMan95 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:13 pm

Have some bad or good news guys depending on how you look at it.

Meanwhile Moonscoop is developing a hybrid version of its series "Code Lyoko." Previous seasons mixed 2D and 3D animation to tell a story of school friends who secretly enter a virtual world to battle a malevolent computer program. In "Code Lyoko Evolution" live-action characters will become 3D in the virtual world. First images will be unveiled at Biarritz.

Moonscoop topper Christophe di Sabatino thinks the approach has export potential. "Outside of Europe, in India, China or the U.S., we can sell it as a format," he says. "We can deliver all the CGI and they can shoot their own live-action with their own casting."

Good if you don't like the actors...
Bad if you can't wait any longer...
LyokoMan95 offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby TheAppleFreak » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:06 pm

Cassius335 wrote:Nice pic.

Maybe it's just prior events making me suspicious, but notice William isn't among the CGI models on the right?

I'm still hesitant about whether William is good or not. I know he was freed from XANA's control at the end of Season 4, and I know he's good now, but the outfit and the pale skin really suggests otherwise to me.

LyokoMan95 wrote:Have some bad or good news guys depending on how you look at it.

Meanwhile Moonscoop is developing a hybrid version of its series "Code Lyoko." Previous seasons mixed 2D and 3D animation to tell a story of school friends who secretly enter a virtual world to battle a malevolent computer program. In "Code Lyoko Evolution" live-action characters will become 3D in the virtual world. First images will be unveiled at Biarritz.

Moonscoop topper Christophe di Sabatino thinks the approach has export potential. "Outside of Europe, in India, China or the U.S., we can sell it as a format," he says. "We can deliver all the CGI and they can shoot their own live-action with their own casting."

Good if you don't like the actors...
Bad if you can't wait any longer...

It was reported back on the last page. I'm of two minds about it; it could go well or not depending on who the international actors are.
TheAppleFreak offline

Postby green » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:43 pm

TheTsunamix wrote:New pic everyone: http://img.codelyoko.fr/upload/files/1348944646_307.jpg

Everyone looks great except for, again, Aelita.

I just can't stand that wig.
green offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby TheTsunamix » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:55 pm

green wrote:
TheTsunamix wrote:New pic everyone: http://img.codelyoko.fr/upload/files/1348944646_307.jpg

I'm fairly certain that's not a wig. At least that's what most of CL Evolved are saying.
TheTsunamix offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Carth » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:43 am

TheTsunamix wrote:
green wrote:

I'm fairly certain that's not a wig. At least that's what most of CL Evolved are saying.

Yup, it's not a wig! It's some sort of...spray painted thing. It may or may not be her actual hair. I am not really sure.

I probably missed the chance to geek out about that AWESOME VIDEO, so I'm going to geek out about this awesome picture instead.

That's a better angle of Odd than we've gotten so far - he looks better, but he also looks way too young still. Aelita...Leonie is pretty, but that wig just doesn't mesh well with her. The rest of them are PERFECT except that I just noticed that Jeremie is the only one smiling he's kinda creeping me out. :3
Carth offline

Postby green » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:11 pm

Carth wrote:
TheTsunamix wrote:
green wrote:

Yup, it's not a wig! It's some sort of...spray painted thing. It may or may not be her actual hair. I am not really sure.

I probably missed the chance to geek out about that AWESOME VIDEO, so I'm going to geek out about this awesome picture instead.

That's a better angle of Odd than we've gotten so far - he looks better, but he also looks way too young still. Aelita...Leonie is pretty, but that wig just doesn't mesh well with her. The rest of them are PERFECT except that I just noticed that Jeremie is the only one smiling he's kinda creeping me out. :3

wig or not I still LOATHE the thing and there's no chance of it changing since filming is over /pouts

I kind of agree that Odd looks exceedingly young, but it kind of fits for some reason? idk I'll have to see how good of an actor this kid is before I can decide if I want to make a big deal out of it or not. It's not like I can hold the actor's physical builds against them.
green offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Re: The Code Lyoko Evolution Thread!

Postby LyokoMan95 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:59 pm

Found this on facebook:

In Code Lyoko Evolution Alan Meyer, a scientist at the company Deckard Inc. has a supercomputer or it generates one new territory "Cortex" . This is not a Replika or simply a new territory, but clearly a new virtual world!
Meanwhile, strange things happen in college, the Lyoko warriors think XANA is still alive. They reactivate the supercomputer, but Jeremy finds that two territories have disappeared already known .
The new territory Cortex XANA offer numerous towers, which he did not hesitate to link to activate constantly.
The floor of this new territory is particularly dangerous: it consists of modular planks constantly changing place as well as many deadly traps of XANA, which is why Jeremy programmed Megapod.
At the center of this territory Cortex is a luminous sphere , inside a lot like the heart of Lyoko . It clearly distinguishes a character on the platform , tapping on a keyboard and watching the screen, it may be William.
The Megapod is a motorized vehicle with four seats , wheels are articulated and can move at the speed of light in the new territory.
Alan Meyer, incappable protect Cortex person virtualize Ninjas number to thwart our heroes . Ninjas are fast, have sharp weapons and can make himself invisible, but they are not very durable.
Ninjas have no XANA symbol because they are created by Alan Meyer, an employee of Deckard Inc. ..
Aelita will not be the only one able to disable the towers Ulrich and Odd can also do so now, but during the adventure, they find themselves prisoners of XANA
Aelita will find many clues about the past of her mother (Anthea Hopper) in the new Cortex territory. William will be released from the grip of XANA, it will be a great help for the band Lyoko warriors, however this experience has marked and keep forever a dark side. The romance between Ulrich and Yumi will be less ambiguous but it will be strained by attacks of XANA Odd become more mature handed, while keeping his humor.
LyokoMan95 offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby LadyLucy » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:27 am

So...they mention Odd growing up a bit, Yumi and Ulrich making being less wishywashy about their romance...
BUT WHAT ABOUT JEREMIE AND AELITA?!
Although...it's cool that she'll learn more about her mother...
A mature Odd? Now that IS scary...XD
YAy for awesome tidbits!! ^^
viewtopic.php?t=2354- my Art Thread...please visit!!
Behold, the rejoyic-ify worthy sig by Jeremified!!!

Thankszers to Vora for this coolzers sig!!!

Someone told me today that I was crazy....I fell off my unicorn in shock!
LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Carth » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:17 pm

This stuff sounded really familiar, and now I remember where I read it from! It's from that Spanish magazine article that came out a while ago! Still, it's the most comprehensive plot info we have so far. And it's actually PLOT! Not just the episodic stuff anymore! :D

I wrote a big post a while ago responding to the accusations that Melanie Tran is not Asian enough to play Yumi, but I'm acknowledging that maybe I'm not the most well versed in that issue, so I will not post it. I will say that I googled "Vietnamese" (which I am assuming Melanie is due to her last name) and all of the people in the pictures I saw had somewhat wider eyes than Chinese or Japanese people, more in line with Melanie's eye shape. Not all Asian people look the same. I will just say that I think Melanie is flawless:

I just love the cast in general and I'm not ashamed to say it. :3

Also, as of ten minutes ago, the CL Facebook page posted THIS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOLX9-I9 ... r_embedded It's called "Aelita Teaser", and it consists of old footage of Aelita from Code Lyoko UNTIL 0:57, when you get some footage of CLE with her. I don't think I've ever had an honest squee about Aelita's cuteness until now but AAAAAA SHE'S SO CUUUUTE!!
Carth offline

Postby Soul Jelly » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:52 pm

I've made my peace with the fact that it's not going to be the same as the old CL, but it's doing a pretty good job of looking amazing so far. The Aelita teaser and the Virtual World teaser have me sooo pysched. The animation is really crisp and lovely, though I do hope they explain the new towers.

And, Trollscoop, some headshots of the actors in the live action footage please (as though we don't already know what they look like)!
Soul Jelly offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby LyokoMan95 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:07 pm

I wish XANA would very conveniently hack into MIPCOM, where they are supposedly going to be screening the show, and broadcast it on UStream :)

EDIT:
OH MY GOD! Just Googled their booth number "#R27-18", and guess what the first result was. Either it's a bizarre freak incident or man are they good.

Edit 2:
An article from MIPCOM that has a piece on CLE http://issuu.com/MIPMarkets/docs/mipjun ... preview/39

Edit 3:
Another place in the magazine says that CLE will go out to publish Q1 of 2013
Last edited by LyokoMan95 on Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LyokoMan95 offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Carth » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:35 pm

Soul Jelly wrote:I've made my peace with the fact that it's not going to be the same as the old CL, but it's doing a pretty good job of looking amazing so far. The Aelita teaser and the Virtual World teaser have me sooo pysched. The animation is really crisp and lovely, though I do hope they explain the new towers.

And, Trollscoop, some headshots of the actors in the live action footage please (as though we don't already know what they look like)!

I think I did pretty much the same thing. I was horrified at the idea of live action at first, but once I actually saw how it was being carried out, my curiosity blossomed into all out affection. I still miss the 2D, but it's not like the story is in the closet drawer forever! All of the teasers are great - I really hope Thursday becomes Teaser Day.

I really wish that more threads could be made about CLE, instead of just keeping it to one thread. That way I could have more room to geek out about everyone and everything, and so could everyone else! :3

LyokoMan95 wrote:I wish XANA would very conveniently hack into MIPCOM, where they are supposedly going to be screening the show, and broadcast it on UStream :)

EDIT:
OH MY GOD! Just Googled their booth number "#R27-18", and guess what the first result was. Either it's a bizarre freak incident or man are they good.

THEY'RE GOING TO BE SCREENING IT AT MIPCOM? Even supposedly, that's AMAZING! And, I googled it, and I didn't find it!! What is it?
Carth offline

PreviousNext