Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:11 pm

CL Novels: Now being Fanslated

General original series discussion (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby Cassius335 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:29 pm

And we wait... and wait...

I really hope we do get English versions. Soon...
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Lyoko Wario » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:15 pm

TB3 wrote:Am I the only one who thinks that, drawn in that manner, Jeremie looks like Macaulay Culkin? lol

You are not, sir. You are not.
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Tangent128 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:03 pm

I'm not seeing it... but then, all I saw him in was Home Alone.
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Rho » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:15 am

Oran wrote:Yeah, I guess it is taking a different approach. I mean, if the cover says anything, it looks like Jeremie and Aelita discover the supercomputer and the foreheads are normal. Which means a parallel Code Lyoko universe??

And the video description says "[F]our boys". Wait, what? I thought there are 3 boys in the gang: Jeremie, Ulrich, and Odd. Is Kiwi the 4th boy or what? :umm:

...Or Yumi's been hiding a secret from us these past four seasons..
"english isnt his first language, leave him alone. im more upset at people that have been speaking english their whole lives and cant write a readable sentence."
http://www.formspring.me/rholf
Presenting..the REAL Jean-Pierre Delmas!
Rho offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby TB3 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:41 pm

Right guys, some more information;

Althought Atlantyca's site says Volume 2 should be published in Italy this month, online book-dealers have its release date set for mid-to-late October

On a more important note, we may FINALLY have details of the plot for 'The Underground Castle', thanks to the Italian version of Wikipedia! It should be noted though to take this with a pinch of salt as the same page also says that a trilogy of animated movies is definately going to be released in 2010, which is highly dubious.

So, according to the (roughly) translated Italian, Volume 1 seems to revolve around Aelita slowly regaining her memory (with associated exposition on her history), with a cliffhanger ending that not only has a fragment of XANA survived, but that it has possessed an American child who is now en-route to Kadic with the intention of killing the kids and reactivating the supercomputer.

Like I said, take this with a pinch of salt for now, because this seems too simplistic for a 350-page story, plus there's no mention here of the other plot elements which Atlantyca's website have established for the series, such as the MiB and the Green Pheonix organisation.

I am trying to recontact Atlantyca's press department to get more info about foriegn language editions, and I might also try contacting Taffy Entertainment to get their side of things.
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TB3 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:41 pm

ADDITIONAL

I can confirm that yes, XANA has indeed possessed a new Kadic student as a means of attacking the kids. This is the plot of Book 2, dealing with this American girl, whose name is 'Eva Skinner'. Book 2 is also confirmed to be where the Green Pheonix plot kicks in, as the official Italian synopsis for the book states that the kids are under the surveilance of a Green Pheonix agent armed with 'a pair of wild dogs' (Aelita's fear of wolves kicking in here perhaps?)

CODE LYOKO VOL 2: THE CITY WITH NO NAME

Jeremy, Aelita, Ulrich, Odd e Yumi sono ormai convinti di essere i soli a conoscere Lyoko. Sono convinti che non esistano più minacce. E che non esista più X.A.N.A. Si sbagliano. L'entità malvagia che abitava Lyoko è entrata nel mondo reale e ha preso possesso di Eva Skinner, La nuova compagna di scuola dei ragazzi. Inoltre un oscuro personaggio con due cani feroci al seguito spia tutte le loro mosse. L'agente lavora per un gruppo terroristico, La Green Phoenix, che da sempre cerca di impossessarsi del supercomputer...

Incidentally, 'The City With No Name' is also the title of a piece by the infamous HP Lovecraft

And then there's this...

LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Carth » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:18 pm

*pops synopsis into Google Translate*

Well, from what I can see of both the TUC summary and this one, this story looks like, if it didn't get intense in the first book, it's certainly going to get intense around now. I'm not totally crazy about it- I think I'd have to read it in order to totally understand it, and I'm still a little confused about what the heck Project Carthage was about in relation to this- but I'm definitely interested.

Thank you for being awesome and telling us this, Tuberculosis the 3rd!
Carth offline

Postby Rho » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:27 am

That attack sounds epic. I hope it'll be in this 5th season Stevie Vallance mentioned.
"english isnt his first language, leave him alone. im more upset at people that have been speaking english their whole lives and cant write a readable sentence."
Rho offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Oran » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:43 am

So the plot thickens. This is reminding me of some S5 fan fics I've read.

Oran offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Mewberries151 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:39 pm

Awesome info, Teebs! :D Mind if I post this to my CL club at DA? I'll be sure to give you full credit. ^_^
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TB3 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:29 am

Certainly Mew, but also give cred to 'yumi ishiyama' of the 'Code Lyoko Italian Forum', who kindly confirmed this information for me, and also confirmed that the next volume is indeed going to be released in Italy this October
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Rho » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:42 am

God, I hope these plots become episodes. This sounds epic.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE have these released in the USA.
Or at least the UK, but import fees probably would be high..
Rho offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Lani » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:55 pm

HOT... POOPS

<s>omg TB3 you liiiiive :D</s>

That sounds really intense, and sounds a bit darker than the previous stuff. DO WANT. If we get even just a translated version that'd be awesome. |D
we will advance with sword in hand
for our cause is pure
Lani offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:16 pm

Wow! I come back hiatus to find such great news!! :D
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby SearchingLyoko » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:13 pm

Would anybody mind telling me:

-What these books are about

and

-When they are supposed to be out in the US?

By the way... what is this "Green Phoenix Society"?
________

I just don't want to read this whole thing.

Btw... are links allowed on this forum?

-SearchingLyoko.
SearchingLyoko Delenda Est.

SearchingLyoko offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby TB3 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:42 am

SearchingLyoko wrote:Would anybody mind telling me:

-What these books are about

and

By the way... what is this "Green Phoenix Society"?
________

I just don't want to read this whole thing.

Btw... are links allowed on this forum?

-SearchingLyoko.

The entire story is in this thread if you read through it from the start, but in a condensed form, here's the sitch;

Late last year through the efforts of some of our brightest members (thanks guys), we learnt that Moonscoop Entertainment had made a deal with Atlantyca, an up-and-coming italian children's publisher, to realease a four-volume series of CL tie-in-novels.

From Atlantyca's website, we've been able to piece together some of the story for this series, which seems ambitious to say the least. The kids come under a dual threat; a revitalised XANA and a terrorist organisation called The Green Pheonix, who not only have knowledge of the Supercomputer, but wish to use it for themselves.

Atlantyca's website also contains references to Franz Hopper (Waldo Schaeffer), Aelita's mother, and the mysterious 'Men In Black', who they've identified as an American black-ops organisation who were the ones who drove Franz into hiding.

As such, it seems that the novels will together create an epic narrative weaving together the mysteries of Lyoko's past with the uncertainties the kids face in the present and future, with not just XANA, but also this new, human enemy.

In short, Awesome!

Atlantyca subsequently published Volume One, 'The Underground Castle', which went on sale in Italy in March of this year. Volume two 'The City With No Name', is due for release in Italy in about a fortnight.

The release of the books in French and English, the dominant languages of the CL fanbase, is an issue of some complication however. Earlier this year I was able to get into contact with Atlantyca's marketing department, who said they'd shortly be attending publishers fairs in Britain and France in the hopes of selling the Foreign Rights (the rights to publish and distribute translated copies). Since then however they have not returned my emails.

More recently I've been in communication with a small group of Italian fans, who have confirmed their support and enjoyment of 'The Underground Castle' and their excitment at the upcoming volume.

So for the moment, we've gotta hang tight and see what happens. If all else fails and Atlantyca can't sell the translation rights, then maybe we should put together a fanslation project, but its still early days for that.
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby desincarnation » Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:48 am

As TB3 said, I'd highly recommend that you go back and read at least these several posts above. They explain a lot.

That's the date we are all waiting for. Hope it'll be somewhere in my lifetime ;) I'm personally looking forward to December. After all, Christmas is looming...
EDIT: Thanks, TB3.
desincarnation offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby SearchingLyoko » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:44 pm

Thank you for your replies and help.

I know, I will go back and read more later. I've skimmed it a bit already. I was just in a bit of a rush when I read that.

Well, if they get Britain and fail to get it to America... it's very possible we could find it on the British Amazon.

Hooray for the internet! You can access anything now. All you need to make sure of is that it's in English.

-SearchingLyoko

SearchingLyoko offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby jym1 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:56 am

seems to me (not that I know, just judging by what I see) that the American CL market is down. Is that a true statement? if it is, then anything like this "coming to a book store near you" could be far far away
jym1 offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby SearchingLyoko » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:13 pm

Hi Jym... glad to see you on these forums.

Yeah... as far as I know the CL market is DOWN over here, though that's ONLY because Moonscoop discontinued the series really.

No series= no new opportunities= reruns= gradual public loss of interest.

But... hopefully we'll see a revival in CL some time... be it soon or distant. From what I know, it is one of Cartoon Network's best rated shows of all time, as well as one of France 3's.

I have... Ideas... but I need to work on it all a bit more in secret first before I start doing major stuff in the CL community... don't want to make myself look like a fool.

But... until then we have fanfiction. which reminds me of another errand I need to do...

Gotta run!

SearchingLyoko offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Lyoko Wario » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:39 pm

Maybe I can ask around at Animation Insider? When the news first came about, they put it up on their news bulletin. Can they get us some info?

If you want me to try this, please let me know.
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby SearchingLyoko » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:56 pm

Anything would help Eddie....

Anything to get these in English.

Of course if it's too much trouble to you... I personally don't mind. But if it's not any trouble...

SearchingLyoko offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Cassius335 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:51 pm

So it's set after the series after all? Cool.
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby SearchingLyoko » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:13 pm

The books? Idk...

As far as I know... they deal with background plot.

But since the books have yet to be in English and I have to get through 2-3 other languages before reaching Italian... I have no answer.

Which makes getting them in English all the more imperative.... or else I could quite possibly go insane, somehow smuggle the books from Italy, and stay in the wierd glow of the computer all day and night typing all the Italian into an online translator and trying to get a grip on what's happening...

They wouldn't do that to me, would they?

SearchingLyoko offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby TB3 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:55 am

Yo guys, thanks to cl.fr we now have a low-quality image for volume 2, 'The City Without a Name'

Interesting - a richly-decorated building, a hole-in-the-wall containing mysterious mechanisms, and Aelita poised like a princess on the staircase.

Hmm...
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext