Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:13 pm

CL Novels: Now being Fanslated

General original series discussion (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

CL Novels: Now being Fanslated

Postby Carth » Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:39 pm

Apparently, this is going to be so. While searching through CL.fr for screencaps, I came across this news item of theirs, announcing "new stuff". Most of it was related to the French base- Toowam/Canal J airtimes, the release of a S1 DVD- but this little bit near the end caught my attention.

Atlantyca Entertainmentvient de créer une division édition, dont le premier accord de licence a été signé avec Taffy Entertainment, pour une série de quatre romans tirés de l’univers de Code Lyoko. Atlantyca envisage la publication de quelque 50 titres par an. De quoi nous préparer de belles surprises

Basically, this means that this Atlantyca Entertainment will be producing four CL novels of some sort. I'm excited. I likes books. 8D I'm personally hoping that they'll take advantage of the print freedom to explore all the plot holes they left behind in the series, like Project Carthage and Franz and Aelita's pasts, but even if they're just little filler stories, I won't mind. They'll be fun, if they get an English print run. (Even if they don't, I'll probably buy them anyway. If this goes through. 8D)

There wasn't any information on who exactly was going to be writing them, but either way, I'm going to go look up more about this Atlantyca Entertainment. *goes*

EDIT: AE is an Italian company that lisences and publishes children's stuff, like books and television series. They're kind of like a European Scholastic. They seem to have had previous deals with Moonscoop/Taffy over the series "Geronimo Stilton" (I've read part of that book series- it was really cute and smart), which is probably why they've made another one. So, yeah. I hope this goes well.
Last edited by Carth on Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carth offline

Postby Sithking Zero » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:22 pm

Interesting... I will have to check this out, even if it's one of those silly books that only has about a hundred words per page, and half the pages are pictures, and the book is only a hundred pages long.

I like books too, but I like long books best.
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Malkmusian » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:51 pm

I'd like to read these Lyoko books.
The creator, Carth, had never experienced autism until she read my story.
Sorry I was gone.
Malkmusian offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby TheLQ » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:10 pm

I don't know about this, it could be another. false alarm. There have been tons of rumors about other things with CL, but none of them were true.

I would think though that if thier going to have books, they'll have to start from square 1. Not everybody in the world knows CL, and if they started from the middle, people wouldn't understand it. Also, if they did this, they couldn't do the "XANA looses 20 times in a row before he actually does something smart" plot.

Another thing is that CL is more action based, not story based. Thats the thing that annoys me, tring to put in words a huge action sequence (just imagine the end of transformers in words). If they did that, the book would get old fast.

This would be great if they can find another way to explain everything, but then the story might change so much that its not CL based anymore, just a faint help in the plot.
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby optimus304 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:07 pm

It could be that these books might be a kinda Prequal for the movie. When The Transformer movie was in the works. They made these kinda Prequal comics that explained what was going to happen in the movie.
been thier, destroyed that, saved them,
optimus304 offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Sithking Zero » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:10 am

optimus304 wrote:It could be that these books might be a kinda Prequal for the movie. When The Transformer movie was in the works. They made these kinda Prequal comics that explained what was going to happen in the movie.

Also, they came out with "Ghosts of Yesterday," a prequel novel to the movie (as well as a companion novel to the movie.) It explained about how Humanity first encountered the Decepticons and Autobots, as well as how they moved NBE-1 from the Arctic to the Hoover Dam.

Maybe these novels will be like that: Explaining some of the base stuff and enlightening it, such as Project Carthage or how Franz was able to construct the Supercomputer without anyone noticing.
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Andy Waltfeld » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:49 am

Why was the first title that came to mind when I entered this topic "Lady Ishiyama's Lover"?

...Mayhap I've been hanging out in the romance paperback section too long.

Backstory-based novels would be a good sell, though. With all that's happened in the series proper, it doesn't feel right to try condensing the creation, purpose, and breakup of Project Carthage into even as many as 90 minutes.

I'd also like a few standalone adventures in the present day, perhaps with the same casual attitude toward the Fourth Wall as the DS games.
My SN is spelled Feld, not Field. Keep getting it right, Carth.
I has opinions. On things.

Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN: Because if you're gonna ninja while wearing orange, you may as well quit taking the rest of it seriously.
Andy Waltfeld offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Saphire-089 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:14 pm

Andy Waltfeld wrote:Backstory-based novels would be a good sell, though. With all that's happened in the series proper, it doesn't feel right to try condensing the creation, purpose, and breakup of Project Carthage into even as many as 90 minutes..

I'd like to read about that too, especially the swimming pool attack and the gymnasium attack! :D This would be fun to read. I wholly agree with you on Project Carthage, by the way.
*Avatar was made by deviant art user rinrinyan
Saphire-089 offline

Postby optimus304 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:44 pm

Its possible these books are gonna show us exactley what happend with the project. And also set the stage for a event that may happen in the movie. I do doubt that they would spend 90 minutes explaining the project. Maybe the next part of the series will involve the events that transipire in the novels.
optimus304 offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Cassius335 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:39 am

Eh, just as long as they're available in English.
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Lyoko Wario » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:58 pm

My understanding of French is moderate, so I'll get them even if they're not in English.

Anyhoo, it was always a pipe dream of mine to one day write a novel set in the CL world.
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Cassius335 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:30 am

Planet Cool wrote:Anyhoo, it was always a pipe dream of mine to one day write a novel set in the CL world.

You and most of this forum (including me).
Last edited by Cassius335 on Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Carth » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:38 am

Cassius335 wrote:
Planet Cool wrote:My understanding of French is moderate, so I'll get them even if they're not in English.

Anyhoo, it was always a pipe dream of mine to one day write a novel set in the CL world.

I second that! Now if only I could get those fics actually written 8D;...

Or was that about the French understanding? I kinda do too...maybe the forum could translate the book together before it comes out in english...or something. Yeah.
Carth offline

Postby Lyoko Wario » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:25 pm

Cassius335 wrote:
Planet Cool wrote:My understanding of French is moderate, so I'll get them even if they're not in English.

Well, excuse me for thinking I was so special. :no:
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Cassius335 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:19 pm

Carth wrote:
Cassius335 wrote:

I second that! Now if only I could get those fics actually written 8D;...

Or was that about the French understanding? I kinda do too...maybe the forum could translate the book together before it comes out in english...or something. Yeah.

No, you were right the first time (no pun intended). Edited my previous post accordingly.
ImageImage
---
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby optimus304 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:18 am

Feburary 09.

1/4
optimus304 offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Taelia » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:22 am

....*is too shocked to say anything*
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Carth » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:41 am

:shock: 8P :shock:

Oh my god. Oh, my god. The book's nice and thick, it looks like a serious story, the cover art is absolutely beautiful...wow. It's almost everything I hoped for in it, except for the actual content. Is it just me, or does Jeremie have a really big nose?

Just one question, though- where did you find this information? Granted, it'd be kind of hard to fake that, but I'd kinda like to know where it's from.

In any case, whoever's writing, write this book, and write it well. (Sorry...I'm just in awe right now.)

(EDIT: Woops. That text at the bottom isn't the author, it's the title. DX It reads "The Underground Castle".)
Carth offline

Postby Saphire-089 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:08 pm

Is it available for Pre-order anywhere? I really want that! :D
*Avatar was made by deviant art user rinrinyan
Saphire-089 offline

Postby Malkmusian » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:42 pm

optimus304 wrote:Image

Feburary 09.

1/4

Realistic.

Uber realistic.

It scares me.
The creator, Carth, had never experienced autism until she read my story.
Sorry I was gone.
Malkmusian offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Sciron » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:30 am

Meh. Not sure if there's a version in English (and I don't know if I read that somewhere or in this thread, or if I even read it at all), so I'm not sure. But I'll probably buy it. :D
Sciron offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Location: Stop stalking me, and then maybe I'll tell you...NOT.

Postby optimus304 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:18 am

Ok here's a little info on the novels.

Yes thier will be an english version of the Book. what you see thier is obviously the Italian version of the book.

Each of these 4 books. (Thier saying 4 but they might go with more if thier succsefule) Is centerd around a characters point of view. so in this case the story centers around Jeremy. and maybe Aelita.

It has been rummored that these may be set up books for the first movie that is supposed to go into production this fall. thier is still no word wheather it is or not. But the same thing was done with the Transformer movie so its a possibility.

The french website reported that this is part of the show's "Revival" Not sure what they ment with the quotes but who can say at this point.

My source came from the website.

They will release the covers of the other 3 when they become available so when i get a hold of them il post them here.

Thats all i have right now. i know its not much but all i can say for those who want the show to continue. Thier appears to be hope.
optimus304 offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Andy Waltfeld » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:44 pm

optimus304 wrote:Each of these 4 books. (Thier saying 4 but they might go with more if thier succsefule) Is centerd around a characters point of view. so in this case the story centers around Jeremy. and maybe Aelita.

Oh. For a moment there I suspected somebody was ghostwriting using Jeremy's name and that we'd have indecipherable computer code lodged in between each chapter.

Not that I'd mind.
My SN is spelled Feld, not Field. Keep getting it right, Carth.
I has opinions. On things.

Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN: Because if you're gonna ninja while wearing orange, you may as well quit taking the rest of it seriously.
Andy Waltfeld offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby AmericanLyokoTeam » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:23 pm

I must say, I love that cover art, It's nice to see a good artist translate the characters to a ... (God help me, I can't put it any other way,) a slightly less foreheaded style.

That said, merchandise series books usually arn't all that awesome, we'll just have to see how this is handled when it's released in a language we can read.
R.I.P. in peace, Polar and Forest sectors 2003-2013
AmericanLyokoTeam offline
The Rank of Triumph!
The Rank of Triumph!

Postby Sciron » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:34 pm

8D

Trying not to burst out screaming. :P
Sciron offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Location: Stop stalking me, and then maybe I'll tell you...NOT.

Next