Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:38 am

The Future

Forum and website news. This forum can contain important information that concerns you, so make sure you read our updates.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

The Future

Postby Stephen (x1) » Fri May 25, 2007 10:24 pm

Well, it had to happen eventually. Lyoko Freak's domain is expiring very soon, and Star Way understandably no longer wants to pay for it. Yet, you needn't worry! We're not going down that easily! After some talk, it appears we'll be moving servers. The details of it all, where and when the move will happen, are still in discussion.

Again, don't worry. Lyoko Freak will soon be nestling into its new home. Our site will live on.

We'll update you all as soon as we know more.

- The Lyoko Freak Staff

Ps: The domain expires June 6. (Coincidence? ;))
Last edited by Stephen (x1) on Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What will you remember me for?

Stephen (x1) offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Shi_Min_Xi » Fri May 25, 2007 11:03 pm

High Commander! I missed you!!!

No deleting of history right?

Moving servers should equal cheaper service right?
Habataku mono wo mukaeru sora/Shihaisareru no wo osoreyashinai/Akogareru mabayusa wa/Subete wo kaeru tame ni/Dare mo yurusazu ni/Doko he yukeru darou?

The sky greets those who fly,I don't fear of being controlled/The dazzling brightness that I aspire for is to change everything/I cannot forgive anyone, where can I go?

-Doubt & Trust, access

Note: Avatar is from Mahou Sentai Magiranger. Watch it. It is made of win.
Shi_Min_Xi offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby MY85 » Fri May 25, 2007 11:45 pm

Hey, if you click at the "Lockdown" thing on my sig, I've been aware of what Stephen is talking about for a good amount of time.

But if by June 6th no one pays for the server, this goes down. There's a donations link on the website if you want to keep this forum alive.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Mewberries151 » Sat May 26, 2007 12:01 am

MakeYourself85 wrote:Hey, if you click at the "Lockdown" thing on my sig, I've been aware of what Stephen is talking about for a good amount of time.

But if by June 6th no one pays for the server, this goes down. There's a donations link on the website if you want to keep this forum alive.

Rodri...

As Stephen said, we are in the process of getting the final details hammered out for a server move, so there's no need to worry. ^_^

I'm not sure if moving will equal cheaper service, but the forum history should be survive the move safe, sound and intact. *nods*

As Stephen said though, will keep you all posted on this. :)
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Sat May 26, 2007 12:05 am

How... How much is it? To keep it where it is?

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Postby Stephen (x1) » Sat May 26, 2007 12:10 am

$120.
What will you remember me for?

Stephen (x1) offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby DarkestSoul X21 » Sat May 26, 2007 12:21 am

Ouch, is that how much it costs a year or something like that?
Joined in 2005, left 2008, came back July 2011

Used to been XANAcomputer/lyokolover.
DarkestSoul X21 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby MY85 » Sat May 26, 2007 12:03 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:
MakeYourself85 wrote:Hey, if you click at the "Lockdown" thing on my sig, I've been aware of what Stephen is talking about for a good amount of time.

Rodri...

What?

XANAcomputer wrote:Ouch, is that how much it costs a year or something like that?

Yes. $120 a year. Why do we have more emoticons, no ads and other stuff as well? Money!
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby . » Sat May 26, 2007 3:00 pm

Well ain't that just prime, we're being abandoned. :/
. offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby MY85 » Sat May 26, 2007 4:51 pm

ThePepsiPiper wrote:Well ain't that just prime, we're being abandoned. :/

It would be like WWF's case. The "Get The F Out" campaign which brought the WWE.

So, we go from Lyoko Freak to Lyoko Entertainment. *shrugs*

I kid, I kid...
MY85 offline

Postby Lyokofreak » Sat May 26, 2007 5:55 pm

Long time no see Rodri, Mew.
hmm... I have a webhosting account that it could possibly be moved over to. I also have a spare domain name that I can register.
How to write an infinite Jesus pwns loop in PHP:
while($_SERVER[PHP_SELF])
{
echo "Jesus pwns!";
}
Lyokofreak offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby DeadViolet » Sat May 26, 2007 6:46 pm

I'm gonna miss us all~!!!

*I'm that one crazy girl formerly known as Misha*
DeadViolet offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mewberries151 » Sat May 26, 2007 7:55 pm

ThePepsiPiper wrote:Well ain't that just prime, we're being abandoned. :/

Hmmm...$120 is a hefty some of a money for a 14 year old to pay every year. I'm amazed that she's been able to keep up with, much less spend that amount of money every year on this forum. It's impressive really, and I can't say I blame her for getting just the tiniest bit tired of shelling out such a huge amount of her own money.

misha-san wrote:I'm gonna miss us all~!!!

Kindly calm down. LF is not going to be shutdown. We're in the midst of hammering out the final details for a server switch that will allow LF to continue on for years to come.

This isn't the end, so there's no need to panic.

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Rail Runner » Sat May 26, 2007 8:05 pm

In all honesty..Erynn needs this money for much more important things. LF will go on, life will go on.
Amtrak, its everywhere I want to be!
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Tekirai » Sat May 26, 2007 9:17 pm

I kinda see why Erynn doesn't want to pay that anymore. Emphasis on kinda. Although I feel a little abandoned at the same time, like PepsiPiper said, I can see why. I can get money like that pretty easily- that might be why I don't understand as much... ( o.o)

I may never use forum emoticons, but I really don't like ads on forums. I can see where all that $120 goes to apart from paying the business 'n stuff.
Tekirai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Reploid CB » Sat May 26, 2007 10:26 pm

Well, take it from someone who's never had a lot of money xD; $120 can be A LOT. I know up until I got a job a few weeks ago, I wouldn't see that much money all year. It can be tough for anyone, especially a 14 year old, to pay that much annually and I for one applaud Erynn for being able to do it this long.

Anyway, like Mew said, this is not the end, or else this thread would've been titled as such instead of "The Future" ;P So don't freak out people ^^ There are talks going on for our server switch and you'll see, everything will turn out okay. LF will continue to live ^^
(Banner by Mew)

(Click for relevant cutscene xD. Sig and icon by me)

| DeviantArt |

- female - 24 - OxA/JxA/UxY - fanartist - banner maker -
Reploid CB offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MY85 » Sat May 26, 2007 11:58 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:Hmmm...$120 is a hefty some of a money for a 14 year old to pay every year. I'm amazed that she's been able to keep up with, much less spend that amount of money every year on this forum. It's impressive really, and I can't say I blame her for getting just the tiniest bit tired of shelling out such a huge amount of her own money.

You´re amazed? Erin's from the States, she's not broke... her parents earn more money than the usual...
MY85 offline

Postby Mewberries151 » Sun May 27, 2007 12:02 am

MakeYourself85 wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote:Hmmm...$120 is a hefty some of a money for a 14 year old to pay every year. I'm amazed that she's been able to keep up with, much less spend that amount of money every year on this forum. It's impressive really, and I can't say I blame her for getting just the tiniest bit tired of shelling out such a huge amount of her own money.

You´re amazed? Erin's from the States, she's not broke... her parents earn more money than the usual...

Yes.

Not all people from the states are rich. Quite the opposite actually at this point.

What's more I'm 99.9% her parents definitely do not pay for this site. You know why.

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MY85 » Sun May 27, 2007 6:09 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:
MakeYourself85 wrote:

Yes.

Not all people from the states are rich. Quite the opposite actually at this point.

What's more I'm 99.9% her parents definitely do not pay for this site. You know why.

While not all USA people are rich, most of them aren't as poor as the other people from other nations worldwide, which I doubt you could care about.

As far as I'm aware, most USA kids get their money from their parents or getting a job since it's easy to be a minor and get a job at USA. Erin didn't had a job until some time last year. The bill was paid by her parent's cash, technically. Don't be that amazed.
MY85 offline

Postby Mewberries151 » Sun May 27, 2007 6:15 pm

MakeYourself85 wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote:
MakeYourself85 wrote:

Yes.

While not all USA people are rich, most of them aren't as poor as the other people from other nations worldwide, which I doubt you could care about.

Kindly don't tell me what I do or do not care about. You have no knowledge of my own financial situation, nor my feelings for the financial situation of people around the globe. Do not insult me like that.

MakeYourself85 wrote:As far as I'm aware, most USA kids get their money from their parents or getting a job since it's easy to be a minor and get a job at USA. Erin didn't had a job until some time last year. The bill was paid by her parent's cash, technically. Don't be that amazed.

Rodri, I'd advise you to go ask Erynn and ask her exactly how she's paid for this forum thus far until you continue this arguement further. Let me know how that goes.

What's more, kindly find me evidence towards your claims that most USA kids get money from their parents that would easily amount to $120 a year. In addition to that, if ou please, show me evidence that it's easy for a minor to get a job in the US that would pay at least $120 a year, keeping in mind that said minor would also have to balance school and whatever other extra-curricular activities they need to actually qualify for said job...not to mention, likely be able to drive, which doesn't happen until one is 16 in the US.

I eagerly await your findings. ^^

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby YDV » Sun May 27, 2007 6:24 pm

*loud applause*

I'd like to know about that too. Let us know.
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby MY85 » Sun May 27, 2007 8:26 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:Rodri, I'd advise you to go ask Erynn and ask her exactly how she's paid for this forum thus far until you continue this arguement further. Let me know how that goes.

Source: Her LJ entries. The old one or the new one. Something about her getting $50-90 a month from her dad and stepmother, IIRC.

Mewberries151 wrote:What's more, kindly find me evidence towards your claims that most USA kids get money from their parents that would easily amount to $120 a year.

This forum and its members. In two days, which would be Christmas and the day of their birthday, they get cash and presents from their parents which is far above the $120 range.

Mewberries151 wrote:In addition to that, if ou please, show me evidence that it's easy for a minor to get a job in the US that would pay at least $120 a year, keeping in mind that said minor would also have to balance school and whatever other extra-curricular activities they need to actually qualify for said job...not to mention, likely be able to drive, which doesn't happen until one is 16 in the US.

I'll give you examples. Thing is that these persons aren't active in LF anymore, but I know them enough.

xLyOkO mAsTeRx: At age 15, she had a job at a Pizza store which paid her $5-7 an hour. Then she got a job at an animal shelter, which she got eventually fired, but I don't know how much she got paid. I would mention that I don't talk that much to this person, really.

Linii-chan: She may not be active on this forum. Is she dead? No. She works at some coffe store with her mother. She makes $10 an hour or something like that. Ask her.
MY85 offline

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Sun May 27, 2007 10:12 pm

MakeYourself85 wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote:Rodri, I'd advise you to go ask Erynn and ask her exactly how she's paid for this forum thus far until you continue this arguement further. Let me know how that goes.

Source: Her LJ entries. The old one or the new one. Something about her getting $50-90 a month from her dad and stepmother, IIRC.

Mewberries151 wrote:What's more, kindly find me evidence towards your claims that most USA kids get money from their parents that would easily amount to $120 a year.

This forum and its members. In two days, which would be Christmas and the day of their birthday, they get cash and presents from their parents which is far above the $120 range.

Mewberries151 wrote:In addition to that, if ou please, show me evidence that it's easy for a minor to get a job in the US that would pay at least $120 a year, keeping in mind that said minor would also have to balance school and whatever other extra-curricular activities they need to actually qualify for said job...not to mention, likely be able to drive, which doesn't happen until one is 16 in the US.

I'll give you examples. Thing is that these persons aren't active in LF anymore, but I know them enough.

xLyOkO mAsTeRx: At age 15, she had a job at a Pizza store which paid her $5-7 an hour. Then she got a job at an animal shelter, which she got eventually fired, but I don't know how much she got paid. I would mention that I don't talk that much to this person, really.

Linii-chan: She may not be active on this forum. Is she dead? No. She works at some coffe store with her mother. She makes $10 an hour or something like that. Ask her.

Rodri, I'm sorry. But you seem to be doing a lot of complaining about money. And it's that kind of attitude towards people who are just from a different part of the world. And because of the system that scosciety's been going through for hundreds of years, and despite how bad humands want to create a natural system but can't because they are a giant rock in the flow of things, There's nothing to say anyone else on this forum is like that.

In fact, I'm rather insulted that you said that, because I cannot think of howmany times my family's lost a job, had to skip around the system, asking favors and borrowing money. And now that we're finally getting back on our feet, I can't tell you how horrible that makes me feel, and makes me wonder why you're being s stubborn.

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Postby . » Sun May 27, 2007 11:18 pm

MakeYourself85 wrote:

Hell Rod's right. I could afford 120 a month if I was so inclined too.

Mew, spin it all you want, the blunt fact remains, yes Lyoko Freak and it's members are being abandoned by Star Way and we have to fend for our selves because she lost intrest and passion for LF. And ya know what, thats fine and all, but shes not even going to drop in and tell us herself? Psssh. We're being kicked to the curb, and our little community of online friends is going to hell with it unless we get some solid last ditch effort to save it.
. offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Odddellarobbia12 » Sun May 27, 2007 11:23 pm

ThePepsiPiper wrote:
Hell Rod's right. I could afford 120 a month if I was so inclined too.

Its per year. $120 a month would be a lot to pay
Odddellarobbia12 offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Next