Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:44 am

Sharon Mann, AKA Jeremie and Aelita

Chat with the real-life actors who brought your favorite Code Lyoko characters to life!

Moderators: MG, kiwi, jerlita, mirabelle, Cher's Spare Parts, bambi, The Administrators, Moderators

Postby Cassius335 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:40 pm

I'll be shocked if they don't know already. Everyone else does.
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Evil Ulrich » Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:42 pm

Really, well I'm an idiot.
Used to be Tarantula, Krabe General, and RageFireHunter
Evil Ulrich offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby DarkestSoul X21 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:55 pm

Will Aelita did admit she very likes Jeremie in the episode Aelita.
Joined in 2005, left 2008, came back July 2011

Used to been XANAcomputer/lyokolover.
DarkestSoul X21 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:41 am

Hey Sharon. How would you feel if Jeremie's brain got switched with Sissi's, and Sissi's brain got switched with Jeremie's? (Think "A Fine Mess"", only different because the persons' voices are the same, just the vocabs are different). The results would be hilari-tastic, wouldn't they? XD
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby LatiasGirl » Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:41 pm

jerlita wrote:Thanks for your great welcome, all.

I don't know what you mean, Taelia, by Jeremy's new voice... has the voice changed?!

As for who is harder to play, I don't really think of it that way. I love them both, love that they are couple and the challenge of playing opposite myself, especially when they get lovey-dovey or one of them is in trouble.. But to answer, I'd say Jeremy is harder. He is also the character I prefer because though he's wiz with the supercomputer, he's sweet with Aelita and a good pal to the gang.

I first got into voice acting through David Gasman and another friend of ours who has moved back to the States, Karen Strassman. David directed me in a play (he was a great director by the way) and he and Karen invited me to come and watch them dub and after a while I was given the chance to audition and learn the technique of dubbing as its practiced in France.

As to how to get into voice work, I can only speak for what happened for me and others I know. Sometimes it takes someone taking you under their wing, introducing you to the people who make decisions and then it's how well you can bring life to a character within the confines of the technique, meaning you have to be synch with the mouth movements and expressions. So much of the work world and progessing in it is about being a professional (being on time, for example) and also how much other people want to spend time with you. It may sound superficial but when you are locked up (no, not literally) in a small dark studio for several hours, you want the folks with you to be pleasant, funny is always plus and well I guess not having b.o. helps too. (joke)
It's important too to be able to take direction and criticism and change the way you read a line if it's no working to make it work. But that is acting.

As far as the single take thing goes, it depends on how close the lines are to each other. Sometimes I can't turn on a dime and still stay synch and other times both characters speak in the same scene but are not in the same kind of space (Jeremy in the lab and Aelita on Lyoko, for example) and so technically those lines need to be recorded on 2 different microphones (one with an indoor ambiance/ one with an outdoor ambiance). It is kind of cool when I get it right and flip from one to the next, as it saves time and also is like doing gymnastics (of the tongue and the brain). David is great with going back and forth between two characters, he doesn't have much chance to do it with CL but does on other series we've done. He's also one of those people I was mentioning that you don't mind being locked in room with cause he's such a card (funny guy)! Matthew sometimes says stuff when we are tired like 'OK, let's stay in the fun zone' so that we don't get cranky.

Hope I've answered these fully. If not, ask again or more or whatever. It's coming up on dinnertime here and tonight it's tacos!!! :D

See you next time, Jerlita

Hi!!! I luv Aelita! She's my fav!
LatiasGirl offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby LittleMissPriss » Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:13 pm

LatiasGirl wrote:

I don't know what you mean, Taelia, by Jeremy's new voice... has the voice changed?!

As for who is harder to play, I don't really think of it that way. I love them both, love that they are couple and the challenge of playing opposite myself, especially when they get lovey-dovey or one of them is in trouble.. But to answer, I'd say Jeremy is harder. He is also the character I prefer because though he's wiz with the supercomputer, he's sweet with Aelita and a good pal to the gang.

I first got into voice acting through David Gasman and another friend of ours who has moved back to the States, Karen Strassman. David directed me in a play (he was a great director by the way) and he and Karen invited me to come and watch them dub and after a while I was given the chance to audition and learn the technique of dubbing as its practiced in France.

As to how to get into voice work, I can only speak for what happened for me and others I know. Sometimes it takes someone taking you under their wing, introducing you to the people who make decisions and then it's how well you can bring life to a character within the confines of the technique, meaning you have to be synch with the mouth movements and expressions. So much of the work world and progessing in it is about being a professional (being on time, for example) and also how much other people want to spend time with you. It may sound superficial but when you are locked up (no, not literally) in a small dark studio for several hours, you want the folks with you to be pleasant, funny is always plus and well I guess not having b.o. helps too. (joke)
It's important too to be able to take direction and criticism and change the way you read a line if it's no working to make it work. But that is acting.

As far as the single take thing goes, it depends on how close the lines are to each other. Sometimes I can't turn on a dime and still stay synch and other times both characters speak in the same scene but are not in the same kind of space (Jeremy in the lab and Aelita on Lyoko, for example) and so technically those lines need to be recorded on 2 different microphones (one with an indoor ambiance/ one with an outdoor ambiance). It is kind of cool when I get it right and flip from one to the next, as it saves time and also is like doing gymnastics (of the tongue and the brain). David is great with going back and forth between two characters, he doesn't have much chance to do it with CL but does on other series we've done. He's also one of those people I was mentioning that you don't mind being locked in room with cause he's such a card (funny guy)! Matthew sometimes says stuff when we are tired like 'OK, let's stay in the fun zone' so that we don't get cranky.

Hope I've answered these fully. If not, ask again or more or whatever. It's coming up on dinnertime here and tonight it's tacos!!! :D

See you next time, Jerlita

You are truly amazing!!!!! Seriously, my friend Jay says shes spazzing right now, WE ARE IN THE PRECENSE OF LYOKO ROYALTY!!!!!! You have the talent that not many of us possess....
"Life is a river in which we all swim upon, try not to drown"- The Almighty Wise One---Me!!!

"I love my Nintendo DS!!!"--Jay Jay

"Forget Regret" --Me all the time, stolen from, ok not stolen "borrowed" from, Johnathan Larson, creator of Rent!!!!

CALL ME NAOMI!!!(coughjustmynicknamecough) My real name is Amy...but hey, CALL ME NAOMI!!!

I am NOT, I repeat NOT CARZY.....Ok maybe just a little...
LittleMissPriss offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Andy Waltfeld » Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:30 pm

A hypothetical question for Sharon:

Let's say you have to record a scene where, say, Jeremy and Aelita wind up trying to talk over each other. How does that wind up being recorded? (4kids and Pokémon USA have a similar problem in the rare occurences where somebody talks over Pikachu, since they just use the Japanese Pika-audio.)
Andy Waltfeld offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Tracking

Postby jerlita » Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:41 pm

Hi Andy,
This happens all the time between different characters. And so we 'track'. That is, the sound engineer opens up a new sound track (I think we work with 8 tracks, but there could be more) and the line is recorded there. It can then be individually moved or made louder or softer depending on where the character is in the shot. For example we do a separate background track in the cafeteria, for example that is turned down real low and dialogue is brought up louder and more forward in the 'mix'. It's really cool what the sound engineers can do- it's a very important job and a good engineer makes the work go more smoothly. Thanks for asking and welcome aboard.
jerlita offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby Taelia » Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:21 pm

I know you're not supposed to say anything about the new season, Sharon. I just found out that Jeremy's cousin will be revealed. I didn't know he even HAD a cousin. XD
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TB3 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:33 pm

Welcome back Sharon - good to see you again :)

-Rhys
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Taelia » Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:34 pm

Agreed! :) It's fun having the VAs here!
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Andy Waltfeld » Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:38 pm

Jeremy's....cousin?

How do all these Mary Sues keep becoming canon? First William, now this...
My SN is spelled Feld, not Field. Keep getting it right, Carth.
I has opinions. On things.

Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN: Because if you're gonna ninja while wearing orange, you may as well quit taking the rest of it seriously.
Andy Waltfeld offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:46 pm

Come on now... This isn't the place. It's the writer's decision, and frankly a lot of people are looking foward to it.

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Postby matsumo itsu » Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:25 pm

Sharon is it okay to call you that?Hhen doing the recording I think it's called have you ever started to laugh?

matsumo itsu offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Andy Waltfeld » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:07 am

I'm going to have to tread very lightly on this one...

...Have you ever read any CL fanfiction? If so, any lemons? Any JxA lemons?
My SN is spelled Feld, not Field. Keep getting it right, Carth.
I has opinions. On things.

Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN: Because if you're gonna ninja while wearing orange, you may as well quit taking the rest of it seriously.
Andy Waltfeld offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby FènéethxAelita » Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:29 pm

I feel kind of dum for not coming here sooner, I'm shocked that J and A are played by the same person. :toomuch:

:umm: Still don't know what to ask, no Y7 questions.

In the first few episodes, Jeremy's voice was higher, then it became inconsistant, then it became what is today.
"We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE." - Borg Collective
FènéethxAelita offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Location: Chimera rally in U.K., in Tamriel, kicking daedra ***, or in Lyoko, protecting Aelita (who else?)

Postby matsumo itsu » Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:39 am

Sharon do you mind if i private message you?And Bounjour,comment ca va?

matsumo itsu offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Cassius335 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:33 am

I don't think there's any rules against PM'ing the VA's (as long as you don't do it constantly). Don't expect a reply quickly, though. They're busy people.
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby matsumo itsu » Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:49 am

Okay but i still ask before pm'ing special(No not like that kind the actul special not handy capped special)people.

matsumo itsu offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Epic Toothpaste » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:04 am

First of all, I'm honored to be a member of a Code Lyoko forum where the VAs post. It's like a brush with greatness.

And :hello: Ms. Mann!
Most of the questions I have for you have already been answered. I only just recently found out that you provide the voices of both Jeremie and Aelita, something that takes quite a lot of talent indeed. I'm very impressed with your ability to switch between the two so easily!
I do, however, have one question for you that doesn't pertain directly to Code Lyoko voice acting: would you ever come to a convention in the U.S.? I've met voice actors for other shows at events like these, and I was hoping maybe the Code Lyoko VAs might plan to attend. I know that technically it isn't an anime, but anime and manga conventions might be good places to start if the answer is yes. (If so, would you consider Otakon? :))

Wow- I said hello without acting like a spastic fangirl.
:D

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who don't.
Epic Toothpaste offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Vodka's Vengeance » Sat May 05, 2007 6:31 pm

Good work!
Hey Rambo, throw me a shotgun!

Vodka's Vengeance offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Hardcore Lyoko » Mon May 14, 2007 6:58 pm

I have to say that doing a voice DOES take A LOT of work. I have a collection of around ten to eleven voices I can throw around (but sadly I can't do any of the Lyoko voices) Was it hard to develop Aelita and Jeremie's voices? And I noticed that in the second season, Jeremie was much more nasal and yet deeper at the same time. What happened that time?

My final question:

There are a lot of people who seem to jump at the idea of Jeremie being evil, do you care to opine on that?

Thanks for the awesome voices! ^^

~Hiraku Prod.
Welcome to Tech Links!
Can you keep a secret?

“I knew it was a bad idea to bring you into the group.”
Hardcore Lyoko offline
New Kid
New Kid

Location: In a jail cell with the chained-up Lyoko gang, hoping they don't escape, because if they do...0o;

Postby DJAelitaHopper » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:10 pm

Especially if u have to play the voice of 2 ppl. Jeremies A boy and Aelita is a girl. it would probably be pretty difficult for me.
Did you know: Aelita has been on Lyoko for almost her life. But since you can't age on lyoko, Aelita's Actual age should be around 20 and 24.
Aelita Rocks!!!! in my opinion......

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/5294 ... ar1ju9.gif
DJAelitaHopper offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby zex marquise » Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:26 am

I always thought Jeremie's what-country-is-he-from accent was funny. I'm kind of sad that it's gone. Oh yeah! Hi Sharon! It's a pleasure meeting you (even though it may be a while before you read this). You VAs are the reason I keep watching Lyoko. You really bring life to the characters and make them seem believable, rather than cheap stereotypes (it would be so easy with any other VAs: nerd, goth, emo, clown, damsel-in-distress). Good job. :) Your voice is definitely the leading cause of Aelitalovitis. It just wouldn't be the same with a different voice. There must be a God because the right VAs always seem to find their way to the right show. Well, good shows, at least. Some animes I've seen... yikes.

Questions: 1. What made you want to do voice acting? 2. How did you become a voice actor? (how did you start your career, how did you get where you are today) 3. Why did you decide to join the Lyoko group? 4. How did you decide on the voices for Jeremie and Aelita? 5. Are the French really snooty to the fat American tourists? :D Now, I listen to you, Sharon Mann! *intense stare*
My other car is a gundam.
zex marquise offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Taelia » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:06 am

I really like Aelita's new "teched-up angel" outfit, Sharon. But I wanna see Jeremie on Lyoko! *exasperated groan*

Also, I like your performance in Indigo Prophecy.

----

I also developed a "what if?" scenario involving Jeremie and the others finally being caught by the police. Have you ever thought about what would happen if the all the kids, including Jeremie and Aelita, were sentenced to prison?
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

PreviousNext