Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:10 am

The Dark Night Rises

Anything goes here, so long as it's clean and follows standard forum rules.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

The Dark Night Rises

Postby TheLQ » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:25 pm

Anyone else see the midnight release?
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Cassius335 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:37 pm

I saw a matinee at my local. Great film, very much the third part of the story (to the point where you really need to see Begins and Dark Knight first) and only slightly marred by the thought that Superman showing up for a cameo would have saved Gotham several weeks worth of trouble (if only he existed in the Nolanverse).
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TheDailyCookie » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:21 am

I just saw it last night with some friends. I liked it. The Dark Knight didn't float my boat (something about a man with a half burned off face disturbs me for some reason). I mean, it was a good movie, don't get me wrong, but I found the Dark Knight Rises to be much more enjoyable. A few things I didn't understand (like that scene towards the end, when they're really pressed for time and they just sort of dillydallied their way through it) or why nobody climbed up the rope. Nothing really threw me for a loop in it, and I'm being kind of harsh, but I really did think that it was a great movie! :D

TheDailyCookie offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby TheLQ » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:33 am

TheDailyCookie wrote:I just saw it last night with some friends. I liked it. The Dark Knight didn't float my boat (something about a man with a half burned off face disturbs me for some reason). I mean, it was a good movie, don't get me wrong, but I found the Dark Knight Rises to be much more enjoyable. A few things I didn't understand (like that scene towards the end, when they're really pressed for time and they just sort of dillydallied their way through it) or why nobody climbed up the rope. Nothing really threw me for a loop in it, and I'm being kind of harsh, but I really did think that it was a great movie! :D

Yea unfortunately that's what happens when Christopher Nolan directs things, he really adds a ton of stuff to the story then tries to cram it into 3 hours
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter