Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:22 am

Comptia Network + Certification.

Anything goes here, so long as it's clean and follows standard forum rules.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Comptia Network + Certification.

Postby matsumo itsu » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:13 pm

Hello Everybody. I believe most of you remember me as the one who wanted to make a real lyoko. Well that child has left a long time ago and I grew up, I went to school for Comuters, Networks, and Electronic Technologies. Junior Year I spent getting the Comptia 701 Certification (First half of the A + certification). Monday I plan on scheduling my Comptia Network + Certification. I am super nervous about this but I am confident. Anyone else in this small world also have any of these exams? If so any study tips? I do not want answers for I can figure them out on my own, just wondering if anyone else took it and has any pointers for the test.

matsumo itsu offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby TheLQ » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:24 pm

Ah, the Network+ cert. So many... interesting memories

Honestly I don't know how much help I can be since I took the older one, but IIRC just try to get the acronyms and network equipment down. Be prepared for lots of questions about a situation and "What's broken?" question. Understand the difference between DNS, DHCP, Servers, Network Nodes, Desktops, Routers, APIPA addresses(!), private address ranges(!), classful addressing, CIDER addressing, possibly RADIUS authentication, 802.11 a through n and all their frequencies and speeds, fiber protocols and wires, ethernet standards(!), various bits of TCP packets and protocols, UDP packets and (lack of a) protocol, NAT, switches, patch panels, TIA a and b Ethernet termination standards, and probably more that I can't think of off the top of my head

Remember how the test works as well: There is a massive bank of hundreds of questions, your test has random questions from that bank in no particular order. Just because me or your classmates took the test and got X and Y doesn't mean you'll get them, you might get A and B.

Before the test keep calm, eat a good breakfast, bring 2 ID's with you (For all 3 of my certs I forgot a second ID), and most importantly: don't freak out. You don't have to know everything about networking, you just have to know enough to pass the test.

Remember, you'll do fine
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby matsumo itsu » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:41 am

Thank you very much for responding and the tips, I have a good solid knowledge of most if not all the things you have listed. I am taking it next week so wish me luck!

matsumo itsu offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Jazzy Josh » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:53 pm

Application
Transport
Network
Link
Physical

Networking was a fun class. (Top part best part)

@Jazzy Josh on Twitter.
Jazzy Josh offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby matsumo itsu » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:12 pm

think you forgot presentation and session, and isn't it data link?

Application
presentation
Session.
Transport
Network
Data Link
Physical

matsumo itsu offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Jazzy Josh » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:45 pm

Presentation and Session really don't matter anymore, but, hey, I don't need a Network+.

And yeah, you could say Data Link, or you could just use one word and say Link.

@Jazzy Josh on Twitter.
Jazzy Josh offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby matsumo itsu » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:46 am

Yeah, though they are ditching the osi model and switching to the networking model, Application, Transport,Internet, and Network access.

Edit >>>>>> Well I took the network plus exam today at noon. I needed a score of 720 (80%) but I suppose a 790(87.77%) isn't too bad! I am Network Plus Certified

matsumo itsu offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter