Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:26 am

RIP Steve Jobs

Anything goes here, so long as it's clean and follows standard forum rules.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

RIP Steve Jobs

Postby TheLQ » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:51 pm

Well, this took me by surprise. I knew he resigned as Apple's CEO a few weeks ago but I didn't think he would go so soon.

http://arstechnica.com/apple/news/2011/ ... mpaign=rss

RIP
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby SilverPrince » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:34 pm

Literally the first person I thought of when I heard this was T-Loaf. T-Loaf, I'm very sorry for your loss.

No one man can define an era in times like ours, but Steve Jobs came close. He will be missed.

Stonecreek wrote:I miss the boob bots. At least they were peddling something I have interest in...
SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TheAppleFreak » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:27 pm

SilverPrince wrote:Literally the first person I thought of when I heard this was T-Loaf. T-Loaf, I'm very sorry for your loss.

No one man can define an era in times like ours, but Steve Jobs came close. He will be missed.

It was definitely a shock. While some of his policies and directions in terms of the Macintosh and the iDevices irked me to no end, he and Apple as a whole definitely shaped the technology industry in such a way that none of us can live without the devices any more. If it wasn't true innovation (iPad, I'm looking at you), then it was definitely marketing. In any case, I'm surprised too that he went so soon. I would have given him a year more, minimum.

I don't think Apple is in bad hands. Jobs probably trained Cook and everyone else to share his mindset, to understand how to innovate the way he did. We haven't seen the end of Apple, but we're definitely out of an era.

And, as an ex-Apple fanboy (yes, ex. I'm an equal opportunity user now), I feel it's within reason to post one of Steve's proudest moments, and really the beginning of the digital era.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B-XwPjn9YY
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline
Someone actually trusted me to run this site
Someone actually trusted me to run this site

Postby Tekirai » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:51 am

I'm not a fan of Apple technology - my brother is the one who really loves it as an audio engineer - but I do acknowledge how Jobs affected modern technology for the better and how he kind of set a new standard for it at the same time.

It's such a shame he was taken so early, but I hope he at least died knowing how much he achieved and how revered he was for it. Man deserves the praise.
Tekirai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Rail Runner » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:07 pm

RIP Steve Jobs,

He was suffering from liver cancer for a while now. He didnt let that stop him though, he kept going until he couldnt do it anymore. Thats true dedication.
Amtrak, its everywhere I want to be!
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak