Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:29 am

BEN: The Haunted Majora's Mask Cartridge

Anything goes here, so long as it's clean and follows standard forum rules.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

BEN: The Haunted Majora's Mask Cartridge

Postby Vodka's Vengeance » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:01 pm

About a year ago, I guy named Jadusable started an ARG (alternate reality game) about a possessed copy of Majora's Mask. It's pretty well known, and some of you may have heard of it before. It's scary-I actually had to sleep with my bedside lamp on after I first read it. But, it's a great story, and pretty complicated. The basic plot of it is that Jad bought a copy of Majora's Mask that belonged to a kid named Ben who drowned, and now a spirit haunts the cartridge. The spirit manifests itself as the creepy Elegy of Emptiness Link statue. Jad put up several YouTube videos of him playing the haunted game. There's also a sub-plot involving a cult that worships the moon, and other stuff. The ARG is on hold right now, but hopefully it'll be kicked back into gear soon. Even if you're not a huge Zelda fan like me, it's good horror. It's hard to completely explain, so if you're interested, check this out: http://jadusable.wikia.com/wiki/Jadusable_Wiki
Hey Rambo, throw me a shotgun!

Vodka's Vengeance offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Jazzy Josh » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:34 pm

Interesting, I never saw a thread on Unfiction about this, but apparently it exists. If you want to discuss with non-LFers already playing the game, you can read the unforums thread here

@Jazzy Josh on Twitter.
Jazzy Josh offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Vodka's Vengeance » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:59 am

Jazzy Josh wrote:Interesting, I never saw a thread on Unfiction about this, but apparently it exists. If you want to discuss with non-LFers already playing the game, you can read the unforums thread here

I'll have to check that out, thanks dude.

Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby SilverPrince » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:33 pm

So I see a thread title that begins with BEN in all-caps. You got my attention, namely because that happens to be my name.

That being said, anything haunted isn't really my taste.

Stonecreek wrote:I miss the boob bots. At least they were peddling something I have interest in...
SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Vodka's Vengeance » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:51 pm

SilverPrince wrote:So I see a thread title that begins with BEN in all-caps. You got my attention, namely because that happens to be my name.

That being said, anything haunted isn't really my taste.

Wow, I didn't know you were a vengeful spirit who possesses electronic devices! :D

No, but really, the thing I find particulary creepy about this game is that I've tried the "Day Four" glitch before, and it worked. That was like in early 2009, well before this ARG even existed. So it's kind of eerie, because when the main character of this story does it, it triggers the whole ghost thing. Although fortunately my copy of the game isn't haunted.

Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby green » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:21 pm

Read the recap on that wiki and watched some of the videos and I think I can safely say this has me thoroughly creeped out. In the 'puts a smile on my face' kind of way. if that makes sense.

I am questioning everything on the internet now
green offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby ccbtimewiz » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:26 pm

Was reading this was he wrote it, was pretty creepy, but the moment he got into those weirdo internet chats, I knew it was fake.
ccbtimewiz offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Vodka's Vengeance » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:45 am

ccbtimewiz wrote:Was reading this was he wrote it, was pretty creepy, but the moment he got into those weirdo internet chats, I knew it was fake.

Yeah, I thought that was kind of a giveaway. Although I have to admit, I was very impressed with the way he manipulated the game in the videos. It's very authentic looking.

Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant