Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:57 am

So how about that Rebecca Black?

Anything goes here, so long as it's clean and follows standard forum rules.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

So how about that Rebecca Black?

Postby TheLQ » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:35 am

For those of us that live in different countries or just haven't seen the news lately, following is the globally accepted absolute worst singer and the most annoying song on the planet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD2LRROpph0

As of this post there are ~148,000 likes and ~1,255,000 dislikes.

Thoughts?

---

DIE AUTOTUNE
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Tekirai » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:03 am

My friend made the BEST parody.

This clip is actually all of the song I've heard, and it's enough for me not to listen to the whole thing. Ever.

I genuinely don't get the people who like her singing. Sounds like she has a toaster up her nasal cavity...
Tekirai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby green » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:14 pm

My friends and I were talking aboit how there's virtually no difference between her and Ke-dollarsign-ha
green offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Jazzy Josh » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:52 pm

What?

WHY DO I NEED TO LEARN THE ORDER OF THE DAYS OF THE WEEK FROM A POP-SONG?

Why does this even exist?

I also like how they approve sitting in cars like idiots.

Edit: After doing my research, the girl is probably a decent singer, but the production company wrote the lyrics and auto-tuned the whole thing. Really, we should be blaming those idiots.

@Jazzy Josh on Twitter.
Jazzy Josh offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby green » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:12 pm

...but I thought somewhere explicitly said she wrote it
green offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby knifey » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:53 pm

Doesn't this girl bawl her eyes out because of all the hate she gets on utoob?

That parody was awesome.
:hatguy: pew pew lazorz
psn profile
knifey offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Jazzy Josh » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:27 pm

green wrote:...but I thought somewhere explicitly said she wrote it

Wikipedia wrote:In late 2010, a classmate of Black and music-video client of Ark Music Factory, a Los Angeles vanity record label, told her about the company.[14][16] Black's mother, Georgina Kelly, paid Ark Music $2,000 for a package that included a choice of two pre-written songs; according to Kelly, the payment covered one half or less of the production costs of the music video, and Black's family could have paid nothing in exchange for giving up all rights to the song.[14] Black chose "Friday", as "the other song was about adult love – I haven't experienced that yet. 'Friday' is about hanging out with friends, having fun. I felt like it was my personality in that song." Ark Music handled the song's recording and production, extensively using the pitch-correcting software Auto-Tune. Although Kelly had some doubts over the quality of the lyrics, Black assured her that "I sang it as they wrote it, Mom."[16]

I checked out the references; they're legit.

@Jazzy Josh on Twitter.
Jazzy Josh offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby yumiko27 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:42 pm

I wanted to see if it was as bad as people say it is, and I couldn't even get through the first minute. Her voice was okay but the lyrics absolutely sucked. They sounded like something a ten year old would write. Actually, the video sucked too.
No, I didn't base my username off of Yumi. XD
yumiko27 offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby green » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:28 pm

Jazzy Josh wrote:
green wrote:...but I thought somewhere explicitly said she wrote it

Wikipedia wrote:In late 2010, a classmate of Black and music-video client of Ark Music Factory, a Los Angeles vanity record label, told her about the company.[14][16] Black's mother, Georgina Kelly, paid Ark Music $2,000 for a package that included a choice of two pre-written songs; according to Kelly, the payment covered one half or less of the production costs of the music video, and Black's family could have paid nothing in exchange for giving up all rights to the song.[14] Black chose "Friday", as "the other song was about adult love – I haven't experienced that yet. 'Friday' is about hanging out with friends, having fun. I felt like it was my personality in that song." Ark Music handled the song's recording and production, extensively using the pitch-correcting software Auto-Tune. Although Kelly had some doubts over the quality of the lyrics, Black assured her that "I sang it as they wrote it, Mom."[16]

I checked out the references; they're legit.

so it sounds like the company had just as much a hand in this piece of idiocy as Black did. They paid two grand for that?!
green offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby jym1 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:42 pm

I think people are bashing her because it's such a bad song...but if she didn't write it, it's not really her fault.
2k is a little steep for a birthday present (what I heard is that it was a present from her parents) but I'm somewhat familiar with how much it costs to buy time in a recording studio (not even including all the video production, and post production on the vocals), so for what she got I guess it was reasonable. They had to excessively auto tune it which says that she probably isn't a great singer, but I don't think becoming famous was ever her goal...she just wanted to have a "real song". But think about it this way...she'll probably have no problem getting into some Colleges, and who knows...it may even be a jump start for her career. If the Bed intruder guy made it big, why not her?
you've heard of LF,CLF, and probably even TL...but have you seen CLV?
jym1 offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Taelia » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:00 pm

Eww, she is terrible. :puke:

I've heard some terrible songs before but this is disgusting.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby desincarnation » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:31 pm

I didn't listen to that song(and not even plan to now...) Plenty of pictures and gifs on Memebase gave me enough information.
desincarnation offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko