Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:17 am

Young Justice

Anything goes here, so long as it's clean and follows standard forum rules.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Young Justice

Postby Asantewaalrus » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:28 am

This show is love.

Anyone else—other than SP and Carth, who I watch it with on Fridays—in on this awesome bit of awesome.
Last edited by Asantewaalrus on Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
Asantewaalrus offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby KayLenny#7 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:29 am

Looks like a Teen Titans ripoff to me. But... I bet I'd like to watch it anyway.
Formerly known as Numbuh 7

I'm out. Have fun homies.
KayLenny#7 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby green » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:32 am

Haven't gotten to watch any but I've heard good things. If i could find episodes online i'd have watched it sooner
green offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Asantewaalrus » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:36 am

KayLenny#7 wrote:Looks like a Teen Titans ripoff to me. But... I bet I'd like to watch it anyway.

A lot of people have been attempting to make that comparison, but they're actually a lot different. I think the only similarities start and end with a few villain cameos and the fact Dick Grayson (Robin I) and Wally West (Kid Flash) are in it.
Asantewaalrus offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby green » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:48 am

Username wrote:
KayLenny#7 wrote:Looks like a Teen Titans ripoff to me. But... I bet I'd like to watch it anyway.

A lot of people have been attempting to make that comparison, but they're actually a lot different. I think the only similarities start and end with a few villain cameos and the fact Dick Grayson (Robin I) and Wally West (Kid Flash) are in it.

Bawww for some reason I really wanted it to be the Jason Todd Robin.

Isn't this the first time Superboy has appeared in a DC animated show?
green offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Asantewaalrus » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:08 am

green wrote:
Username wrote:

Same here, especially since Dick gets to make a lot of animated cameos. I was hoping for either Jason or Tim, but dsiohgsodigsdgdsihgio.

I think so, he might have popped up in another series, I think it was called Legion of Superheroes or something.
Asantewaalrus offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby ArgentDandelion » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:32 pm

I watch Young Justice. There is no reason not to; it is a good cartoon. I especially like those Genomorphs from Independence Day.
ArgentDandelion offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Asantewaalrus » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:16 pm

Those Genomorphs were adorably creepy-cute, totally wanted one as a rabid pet... Or those robot monkeys.
Asantewaalrus offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby . » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:08 pm

Username wrote:
green wrote:
Username wrote:

Same here, especially since Dick gets to make a lot of animated cameos. I was hoping for either Jason or Tim, but dsiohgsodigsdgdsihgio.

I think so, he might have popped up in another series, I think it was called Legion of Superheroes or something.

...And then you have kids loving Jason Todd, so they go and hunt down his history in the comics only to discover he becomes a freaking murderer. Unless the animation is willing to go down that path, it's not worth it.

Tim Drake was in the last DCAU, and he to ended up evil thanks to the Joker.
. offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Asantewaalrus » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:11 pm

S.A.I. wrote:
Username wrote:
green wrote:
Username wrote:

...And then you have kids loving Jason Todd, so they go and hunt down his history in the comics only to discover he becomes a freaking murderer. Unless the animation is willing to go down that path, it's not worth it.

But the psychotic bits of Jason make his near-zombie-ass awesome.

Whoa, really? ... Dayum, looking into that right now.
Asantewaalrus offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby . » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:14 pm

Username wrote:
S.A.I. wrote:
Username wrote:
green wrote:
Username wrote:

Batman Beyond: Return Of The Joker
. offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby ArgentDandelion » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:16 pm

I saw Schooled on YouTube now. My name for the robot-monkeys? Gigglebots.

That arrow is definitely from Artemis.
ArgentDandelion offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Asantewaalrus » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:17 pm

S.A.I. wrote:
Username wrote:
S.A.I. wrote:
Username wrote:
green wrote:
Username wrote:

Batman Beyond: Return Of The Joker

Wasn't that only temporary, I know he killed the Joker, or did something close to killing him.

Damn, poor Batman, all of his little partners get screwed over somehow. Paralyzed, zombie-fied, Joker-fied, kind-of-sorta-bastard-child, don't know much about Miss Cain and Miss Brown, one's kind of mute, another was sort of having an alter-ego identity crisis.
Asantewaalrus offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby . » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:24 pm

Username wrote:
Wasn't that only temporary, I know he killed the Joker, or did something close to killing him.

Damn, poor Batman, all of his little partners get screwed over somehow. Paralyzed, zombie-fied, Joker-fied, kind-of-sorta-bastard-child, don't know much about Miss Cain and Miss Brown, one's kind of mute, another was sort of having an alter-ego identity crisis.

Killed him. Joker put a microchip or some sort of Macguffin in his brain. Which activated years later to turn Tim into a Joker clone, and if I remember correctly, Tim dies at the end.

And that only happens to contrast Batman's awesomeness.
. offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Asantewaalrus » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:31 pm

S.A.I. wrote:
Username wrote:

Killed him. Joker put a microchip or some sort of Macguffin in his brain. Which activated years later to turn Tim into a Joker clone, and if I remember correctly, Tim dies at the end.

And that only happens to contrast Batman's awesomeness.

FFFFFFFFFYESYESYES.

I totally don't remember anything from that movie, other than Harley Quinn saying "GO FETCH MOMMA'S BAZOOKA!" Totally gonna watch it right now, ohyesyesyes.
Asantewaalrus offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Stonecreek » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:10 pm

I have only seen one episode, and it was OK. Nothing great, but certainly not garbage, either. I will watch it again if I find it while I am channel surfing.

YDV wrote:Well you see, the amount of time we didn't normally hang around BKO is kind of like potential energy, and then when we all finally came back at the same time it's like letting loose a catapult. 8D

It's all very scientifical. |D

Ah, memories...
http://z10.invisionfree.com/Anime_and_M ... hp?act=idx
Stonecreek offline

Postby knifey » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:53 pm

This show is bomb.

No I'm not a bias comic book fan what gave you that ridiculous idea?

"He hacked the motion sensors."

"I hacked the motion sensors."
:hatguy: pew pew lazorz
psn profile
knifey offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby . » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:48 pm

Stonecreek wrote:I have only seen one episode, and it was OK. Nothing great, but certainly not garbage, either. I will watch it again if I find it while I am channel surfing.

The only thing that bugs me, is that it's not DCAU. To me, DCAU IS DC. Not the comics. Not the movies. I think of batman, I think of that animation style and Kevin Conroy doing the voice. I look at this and I'm like, it's a good version of Batman but still not THE Batman.
. offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Cassius335 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:29 pm

. wrote:Killed him. Joker put a microchip or some sort of Macguffin in his brain. Which activated years later to turn Tim into a Joker clone, and if I remember correctly, Tim dies at the end.

You, in fact, do not. He lives and both he and Barbara visit Old Wayne in hospital.
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby SilverPrince » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:19 pm

For the record, if any of you are that interested in the show, there's a pretty nifty fan forum here.

<s>pay close attention to the list of moderators</s>

Anyway, I love this show. So much. I have only very limited knowledge about DC, so I can't comment on comprehensive character histories and how YJ portrays them all that, but I like what I've seen.

<s>and that applies to more than just red arrow's arms</s>

Stonecreek wrote:I miss the boob bots. At least they were peddling something I have interest in...
SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby green » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:41 am

I might as well mention I absolutely adore this show now <s>forgot about the thread lolwut</s>

Still can't figure out who Artemis is suposed to be, but she's awesome.
green offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby SilverPrince » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:13 am

green wrote:Still can't figure out who Artemis is suposed to be, but she's awesome.
Nobody knoooooows! *ghost noises*

There are several theories, but I don't keep track of them all because I have no clue who any of the theorized people are, so I'm just waiting on the show to tell me. >_>

Stonecreek wrote:I miss the boob bots. At least they were peddling something I have interest in...
SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby green » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:37 am

SilverPrince wrote:
green wrote:Still can't figure out who Artemis is suposed to be, but she's awesome.
Nobody knoooooows! *ghost noises*

There are several theories, but I don't keep track of them all because I have no clue who any of the theorized people are, so I'm just waiting on the show to tell me. >_>

Yeah I've seen several but none of them really hold water for me. It's just too soon to tell.

PS I see you moddin' there SP d('-')
I made an account but I don't know how much I'll be posting since it's a much larger forum and I'm a lurker by nature
green offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter