Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:53 pm

Korean War II? It might begin before too long.

Anything goes here, so long as it's clean and follows standard forum rules.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Korean War II? It might begin before too long.

Postby Rho » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:32 am

About an hour ago, North Korea began attacking South Korea, and SK raised its alert level to the highest level in non-wartime.

No nukes used yet, but if they do, they've shot themselves in the foot.
"english isnt his first language, leave him alone. im more upset at people that have been speaking english their whole lives and cant write a readable sentence."
http://www.formspring.me/rholf
Presenting..the REAL Jean-Pierre Delmas!
Rho offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby . » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:38 am

I'd be worried it would start world war III, but then again I don't think theres a single nation on the planet that would side with North Korea.
. offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TheLQ » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:40 am

Holy sh*t NK. Really?!
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby SilverPrince » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:07 am

I'd like to butt in and say that this wouldn't be Korean War II. The Korean War is still ongoing, it hasn't ended. The past 50 years have just been a really long ceasefire.

Also, there is no way North Korea would use nukes on South Korea. They aren't that stupid. And their eventual aim is to reunite with South Korea- they wouldn't want to destroy what they view as their own territory.

This likely won't cause a war, either. I mean, North Korea sank a South Korean warship last year and nothing happened. It's going to take an outright invasion for South Korea to really even think about reigniting the war. In the end, both sides want peace. The conflict is just over what government gets the peninsula: the Republic, or Kim Jong-Il's completely insane Juche system.

This is just saber rattling. It's just the North trying to say LOOK AT ME LOOK AT MEEEEEEEEE I CAN DO SCARY THINGS. Obviously, it can do very scary things, at the cost of 46 lives. But this won't start a war. No one wants war. North Korea is trying to appear strong to threaten South Korea. The nukes, the artillery, it's all like a bluff. It may seem the North is daring the South to call it, but the South never will and the North doesn't actually want them to. The North knows it would get trounced, but it could still cause immense casualties in the South, which South Korea obviously wants to avoid.

If the cease fire has lasted for over half a century, it's going to take a lot more to bring the war back.

Stonecreek wrote:I miss the boob bots. At least they were peddling something I have interest in...
SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Rho » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:28 pm

S.A.I. wrote:I'd be worried it would start world war III, but then again I don't think theres a single nation on the planet that would side with North Korea.

China is the closest thing to an ally, and they're unhappy.
"english isnt his first language, leave him alone. im more upset at people that have been speaking english their whole lives and cant write a readable sentence."
Rho offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby jym1 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:27 pm

I can't stand it though when a country ignores an attack on their soil. N.K. bombed an island is S.K....that's definitely grounds for getting seriously ticked. I don't think even the mighty dragon would be willing to risk all it's foreign trade by backing a stupid and hopeless war. My guess is that they prefer to pass along funds and old soviet weapons quietly.
Of course, everyone is walking on eggshells because if it goes too far it really will be WWIII
(if these world wars keep piling up, they will end up being like the super bowl with a long string of roman numerals xD )
jym1 offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Rho » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:53 am

It wouldn't go as far as to being WW3. The only people close to being on the North's side is China, and THEY'RE upset with them. If it does spark into war, China is most likely going to stay out of it as much as possible and remain neutral. This probably wouldn't even last long - We'd have South Korea, NATO countries, Japan (IIRC they do have an army, but it can only be used for self-defense.. which in the long run it would be), Russia (possibly - they might stay neutral, but if they go with anyone, it'd probably be us, since we're at pretty good relations with them now thanks to Obama strengthening the relationship between America and Russia).

North Korea would probably be alone, unlike the first Korean War, when they had the Soviet Union and China backing them. Soviet Union's now Russia (and other regions), and I doubt they're too likely to take North's side as I mentioned above, and China seems to want to stay out of this mess.

I just hope if there is a war, it can stay in Korea and it won't last long.
Rho offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby TheAppleFreak » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:01 pm

jym1 wrote:(if these world wars keep piling up, they will end up being like the super bowl with a long string of roman numerals xD )

Despite the seriousness, I had to laugh at that.

I'm actually rather nervous about this. I know what North Korea can do, and even though it'd basically be the world against them, they can still do serious damage.
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline
Someone actually trusted me to run this site
Someone actually trusted me to run this site