Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:13 am

Swimming Pools: Chloranated or Not

Anything goes here, so long as it's clean and follows standard forum rules.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Swimming Pools: Chloranated or Not

Postby . » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:49 am

JDandyArgentlionF wrote:
dr awesome wrote:
JF wrote:No you don't. Trust me.
Do ocean and lake waters have chlorine in them?

Well, I guess they technically aren't pools. But I suppose they could have water in them.

I think now would be a good time for me to say "non-lethal body of water" instead of pool in my original statement.

Is there something wrong with a swimming in a pool of mineral water that I should be aware of?

Lakes can be fun to swim in, I've done that often.

However, I HAVE swam in a non-chlorinated pool. At a motel.

Nawt. Fun. They're chlorinated for a reason.

Mineral Water...eh, I could see that working. Maybe.

I happen to be lucky enough to have an awesome rich girlfriend, who's giant swimming pool is filled with mineral water. It's really really nice.
. offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TheLQ » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:06 am

TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby knifey » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:27 am

Does mineral water not make your eyes red?

I wonder what kind of minerals they use.
:hatguy: pew pew lazorz
psn profile
knifey offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby JesusFreak » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:11 am

It's "Chlorinated".

With an "i".

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby Asantewaalrus » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:55 pm

One of my conspiracy theory loving friends refuses to swim in chlorinated pools, apparently they put a lethal amount of... stuff in it... or something. Another one of the various "government-is-trying-to-kill-yew" things.

Whenever I go swimming at his house, the pool is normally just salted, or I think they might use mineral water, I never took the time to ask, ha-ha.

Either way, where I lived there wasn't anything other than a household pool for miles...
Asantewaalrus offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby JesusFreak » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:42 pm

Username wrote:One of my conspiracy theory loving friends refuses to swim in chlorinated pools, apparently they put a lethal amount of... stuff in it... or something. Another one of the various "government-is-trying-to-kill-yew" things.

Whenever I go swimming at his house, the pool is normally just salted, or I think they might use mineral water, I never took the time to ask, ha-ha.

Either way, where I lived there wasn't anything other than a household pool for miles...

Do they, like, believe that the flouride in the water supply is there to control their brain?

How exactly do mineral water pools work, ooc?

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby . » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:53 pm

I really don't know. I only know the only thing her family does it vacuum it/run a filter. It's never been green or yucky.... In fact it's the cleanest pool I've ever seen and I NEVER seen them vacuum or skim.... and no I don't think there rich enough to have a pool boy.

You know how Fuji brand water is different feeling then normal water? It's like swimming in that (but the water has kinda a salty taste to it). and it makes your skin feel all nice.
. offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby JesusFreak » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:22 pm

D.T. Evolution wrote:I really don't know. I only know the only thing her family does it vacuum it/run a filter. It's never been green or yucky.... In fact it's the cleanest pool I've ever seen and I NEVER seen them vacuum or skim.... and no I don't think there rich enough to have a pool boy.

You know how Fuji brand water is different feeling then normal water? It's like swimming in that (but the water has kinda a salty taste to it). and it makes your skin feel all nice.

Oh wow. I want to try now.

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Asantewaalrus » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:23 pm

._. wrote:
Username wrote:One of my conspiracy theory loving friends refuses to swim in chlorinated pools, apparently they put a lethal amount of... stuff in it... or something. Another one of the various "government-is-trying-to-kill-yew" things.

Do they, like, believe that the flouride in the water supply is there to control their brain?

How exactly do mineral water pools work, ooc?

I think it was something along the lines of, "IT'S GONNA KILL YOU, MAN."

Whether or not this means the chlorine will cause a nation-wide suicide or your skin will crawl off is unknown to me. : o
Asantewaalrus offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby green » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:24 pm

A friend of mine had her pool set up one summer and since her parents couldn't afford the chemicals they just dumpedva ton of salt in it.

Swimming in it was really nice, I thought.
green offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby jym1 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:39 pm

I don't generally like swimming in the ocean because it makes me feel really scuzzy and dirty. With pools, usually there is a shower so I can wash the stuff out of my hair and eyes...I just try not to think about the fact that I'm swimming in everyone else sweat and body stuff.
I like lakes tho
jym1 offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid