Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:27 am

Miranda Mary Pikr, how can anybody like her?

Anything goes here, so long as it's clean and follows standard forum rules.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Miranda Mary Pikr, how can anybody like her?

Postby Taelia » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:49 am

http://roalddahl.wikia.com/wiki/Miranda_Piker

A cut chapter from the book Charlie and the Chocolate Factory involves another contestant named Miranda Piker, whose crime is being a teacher's pet and having a headmaster for a father (much like Sissi, only she's 50% Veruca Salt). She is eliminated when she and her father decide they want to put a stop to the making of a candy that will allow schoolchildren to fake being sick. They survive, however, when it's discovered that Miranda and her dad are actually laughing. Dahl cut this subplot after he realized that there were too many characters at the time.
Last edited by Taelia on Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Re: Miranda Mary Pikr, how can anybody like her?

Postby . » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:59 am

Taelia wrote:http://roalddahl.wikia.com/wiki/Miranda_Piker

A cut chapter from the book Charlie and the Chocolate Factory involves another contestant named Miranda Piker, whose crime is being a teacher's pet and having a headmaster for a father (much like Sissi, only she's 50% Veruca Salt). She is eliminated when she and her father decide they want to put a stop to the making of a candy that will allow schoolchildren to fake being sick. Dahl cut this subplot after he realized that there were too many characters at the time.

Um that seems pretty badass. Very Vigilante-ish.
. offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby . » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:00 am

She and her father end up presumably killed in a dicer

I've never read willy wonka but, is it really this dark and f*cked up? If so then this is totally something I gotta read.
. offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mewberries151 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:13 am

D.T. Evolution wrote:

I've never read willy wonka but, is it really this dark and f*cked up? If so then this is totally something I gotta read.

*looking the other way on that double-post*

It is. Most of the kids and their parents either "die" (largely off-screen type deaths where "maybe" they might live) or at least end up horribly mutated (see that TV kid and the Blueberry girl whose names I can't seem to remember >.>; ).
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JesusFreak » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:44 am

Mewberries151 wrote:
D.T. Evolution wrote:

I've never read willy wonka but, is it really this dark and fucked up? If so then this is totally something I gotta read.

It is. Most of the kids and their parents either "die" (largely off-screen type deaths where "maybe" they might live) or at least end up horribly mutated (see that TV kid and the Blueberry girl whose names I can't seem to remember >.>; ).

Their names are Mike TV and Violet Beauregarde.

You're welcome :D

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby Taelia » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:19 pm

She CAN be put back in for the new theatrical plays. I've imagined siblings for the kids too, if I ever did a play.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby JesusFreak » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:24 pm

Taelia wrote:She CAN be put back in for the new theatrical plays. I've imagined siblings for the kids too, if I ever did a play.

Yes, and in Lord of the Rings, Aragorn was originally meant to be a hobbit without feet who wore wooden prothesis (prothesisis? Prothesii?) for feet. And the hobbit was a ranger.

Cut content can be cut for a reason, I sez.

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby MY85 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:01 pm

Taelia wrote:She CAN be put back in for the new theatrical plays.
But it really wouldn't be acceptable unless people are warned beforehand that it would contain such altering and it's not even necessary to be included on any theatrical play of CATCF.

Plus, adding Piker would be a head-scratcher for many who would expect the usual CATCF content.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Taelia » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:55 pm

There is one illustration of Miranda. Not by Quentin Blake, but by another friend of Dahl's.

This sketch by Lauren Child shows her with short and straight brunette hair and wearing a Catholic school-styled school uniform with long sleeves (as it is wintertime in the book).
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby JesusFreak » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:03 pm

Taelia wrote:There is one illustration of Miranda. Not by Quentin Blake, but by another friend of Dahl's.

This sketch by Lauren Child shows her with short and straight brunette hair and wearing a Catholic school-styled school uniform with long sleeves (as it is wintertime in the book).

Well whaddya know?

You learn something new every day. Thank you.

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby . » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:32 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:
D.T. Evolution wrote:

....I got to get around to reading this then. That's messed up.
. offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby green » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:15 pm

Taelia wrote:There is one illustration of Miranda. Not by Quentin Blake, but by another friend of Dahl's.

Off topic, but that is totally drawn by the same lady who illustrates the Charlie and Lola books. I love those to bits.

I read Charlie and the chocolate factory back in the fifth grade, so I don't remember a ton of details but i think it is definitely a good thing she got cut just for the sake of keeping the plot nice and tidy. Granted I think it could have just as easily been any of the other four spoiled brats, but whatever
green offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby JesusFreak » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:37 pm

D.T. Evolution wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote:
D.T. Evolution wrote:

....I got to get around to reading this then. That's messed up.

The movies are worse. O_o

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Re: Miranda Mary Pikr, how can anybody like her?

Postby jym1 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:02 am

Taelia wrote: She is eliminated when she and her father decide they want to put a stop to the making of a candy that will allow schoolchildren to fake being sick.

I wonder if there is any connection between that and the barfing candy the Weasly twins from HP were working on.
The Wealsly twins are sort of reminiscent of Willy Wonkas harmless fun attitude
jym1 offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Taelia » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:09 pm

Her father is a school principal, appropriately enough, but one that (unlike Jean-Pierre in the early CL seasons) is depicted as being fun-hating and obsessed with having children overwork on studying.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby JesusFreak » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:27 pm

Taelia wrote:Her father is a school principal, appropriately enough, but one that (unlike Jean-Pierre in the early CL seasons) is depicted as being fun-hating and obsessed with having children overwork on studying.

lolwut.

These two sound like classic Dahl to me.

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Tangent128 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:35 pm

Though even in the books I think we do see all the kids exiting the factory alive, if otherwise mangled.
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Taelia » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:50 pm

I'm asking around for people that can draw Miranda for me, yo try to bring back her popularity.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby JesusFreak » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:16 pm

Taelia wrote:I'm asking around for people that can draw Miranda for me, yo try to bring back her popularity.

When was she ever popular? Just asking.

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:11 pm

True, no one knows about her, but I'm trying to increase awareness of the character.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak