Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:56 pm

Sym-Bionic Titan (from the creator of Dexter's Lab)

Anything goes here, so long as it's clean and follows standard forum rules.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby ArgentDandelion » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:09 pm

Now I know where most of the previous episode's quality was distributed to.

This is great. So many things are great. The motifs (petals falling, turning to green flame, ink running from eye sockets) the music, the characters, the fact we have a transformation scene again....

For some reason I giggled after the desk-people changed so abruptly back into a regular wooden desk surface.

Little Lance sounds like Aang from Avatar The Last Airbender.

Lance's father also sounds like Franz Hopper.
ArgentDandelion offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Asantewaalrus » Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:56 am

Is anyone even watching this show anymore?
Asantewaalrus offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Carth » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:26 am

Username wrote:Is anyone even watching this show anymore?

I AM.

Except I had the play last night so I missed it. I will be watching it in...one hour? One hour.
Carth offline

Postby ArgentDandelion » Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:10 am

I am, too. I feel offended that you question it.

Oh, and Lessons in Love was great. All that rear-centered movement has to be poisonous, but it is still amazing. Oh, and Octus's comment 'your brain is the same size as everyone else's' was humorous.

PARALLELAGRAM!

I really must figure out how it is even possible for a robot to have romantic attractions. However, I do suspect my neurons may go on strike from the terrible effort in comprehending it.

Nice how Lance and Ilana eat at some mall resteraunt; they refreshingly really do act like siblings. However, Lance's comment 'we're just as vulnerable as they are' is a little questionable; as technically aliens, why should they be exactly as vulnerable as humans? Lance goes parkour-sprinting on rooftops, knocks out criminals with only his fists, and he calls himself vulnerable?

Well, maybe he considers a giant electricity-controlling monster more threatening than average petty criminals, and parkour does not exactly equate strength or vulnerability.

Since I forgot to mention the episode earlier, Tashy 497 was amazing---it brings Barb again, Tashy is adorable, Lance playing with Tashy is adorable, there’s a nice, long transformation scene accompanied by some sad music, the Sym-Bionic Titan’s ‘space mode’ resembles a Valkyrie of some sort or something that strangely looks familiar….

I will miss this show next Friday, but maybe Firebreather will be good.
ArgentDandelion offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Asantewaalrus » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:52 pm

LOL! I didn't mean it to offend, I was just curious since the thread has been dead.
Asantewaalrus offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby JesusFreak » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:54 pm

The gasping man who runs G3 for realz is Lances dad. I'm calling it nao.

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby ArgentDandelion » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:01 pm

Fortress of Deception was amazing, as usual. Notably the preview implied Octus was captured along with them; although it did not lie----Octus's disguise really was interrupted----it certainly was a surprise to see it was not the case. Glad to see Octus applying his shape-changing ability again in modifying his features. At first, I thought Kane might be Baron, or, as was intended, genuinely a prisoner, and when it was revealed that (*beep* spoiler*) that was not the case, I was shocked [name] would beat his own soldiers for maximum believability. Strange to see the Titan speak; he sounds like Octus--reasonable, since Octus comprises the body---if deeper and more intimidating, and I wonder how speech works in Titan if they all control it. We know Lance controls the sword and Ilana the shield, but does Octus make it speak without input from the others? It makes sense they would delegate different functions to specific persons, so they could work together as a group, but it was ambiguous who was talking. I find it hard to imagine Ilana would say something as fierce as 'We're not telling you anything' in such a tone of voice, however. Maybe Octus reached an unofficial consensus and phrased it himself.

Since I do not want to double-post, I edited this one.

Today I watched the episode Under the Three Moons. Since the usual standard of Sym-Bionic Titan is beauty, and amazing-ness, would it be redundant to say this episode meets our expectations? I found it adorable how OctusNewton called Kimmy 'muffincup' and 'honeybear' and only mildly awkward. Strange, yes, but it was done naturally, and believably, even considering he is a robot---if not your average one. One can tell how happy he was, Brian Posehn inflection-less voice or not. I expected Lance would awkwardly ask the sparkle-eyed she-Lance down the escalators to the dance, and, assuming the ponytail girl with improper form that was practicing in the gymnasium was the same sparkle-eyed girl, that he would ask her then, since he did not earlier. Genndy, we, or at least I, do not care if you ship-sink, since you do it in the most beautiful way possible. The grey, mace-tailed, squat beast the short mustache reptile/amphibian man offered to General Modula reminded me of Wildmutt, for some reason. When, after bringing their wits together, Octus and Illana (one L, or two L's?) directed Titan to beat the green blood out of the Grey Wildmutt, and then "de-Titanfied" themselves, the way they gasped after fighting in one form then returning to another reminded me of how, after being devirtualized, the Lyoko Warriors (especially Odd) emerged from the scanners, gasping in exertion. At the end, when Lance danced with Illana, I gained the impression that it was not at all in romantic context, like ship-crazy Illanca shippers might think. Rather, Lance comes from the same planet Illana does, and so, of course, he remembers the Winter Harvest Festival too, and wants her to be happy when he realizes how much she misses home, and that the Homecoming Dance was designed to resemble the Winter Harvest Festival she could not attend on Galaluna.

Oh, and Lance's pseudo-mullet looks great. It simply does. It always does. (Why do I even note this?)

In short, an excellent episode.
ArgentDandelion offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Stonecreek » Wed May 11, 2011 8:01 pm

Perhaps I am slow on the uptake here, but I did not realize the series had been cancelled after 20 episodes. I am seriously bummed out, because although the show itself was not that great, the art, the look, was unique on TV, and I will miss that. Of course, buying the whole series on DVD will be cheaper now, but that's a small bright side to what is otherise a steaming pile of suck.

YDV wrote:Well you see, the amount of time we didn't normally hang around BKO is kind of like potential energy, and then when we all finally came back at the same time it's like letting loose a catapult. 8D

It's all very scientifical. |D

Ah, memories...
http://z10.invisionfree.com/Anime_and_M ... hp?act=idx
Stonecreek offline

Postby optimus304 » Thu May 12, 2011 10:41 pm

I just cant get hooked into it as much as i did dexter or samurai jack. I mean i get that its something new and all but i just cant get into it
been thier, destroyed that, saved them,
optimus304 offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Previous