Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:48 pm

Sym-Bionic Titan (from the creator of Dexter's Lab)

Anything goes here, so long as it's clean and follows standard forum rules.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby Asantewaalrus » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:54 pm

Where did you snag it on YouTube? Will work for link? : o

Edit: Just notice something that might potentially be symbolic later on. Anyone notice the whole mind-body-heart thing? I'm pretty sure the three main characters represent one of those respectively.

Lance - Body
Octus - Mind
Ilana - Heart

Yeah? Anyone?

WELLDAMN.
JUST GOT MY THEORY, LIKE, THROWN BACK IN MY FACE AFTER FINISHING. DURDUR.

: o

Oops, should've finished watching before I posted, ha-ha.
Asantewaalrus offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby JesusFreak » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:00 pm

They need two more guys. Then we would have <s> Sym-bionic Captain Planet</s> A proper Five Man Band thing going on here.

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby Rho » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:34 am

Just realized during the new episode today that Ilana looks kinda like a mix of Odd Della Robbia and Caitlin from 6teen.

Also, PLEASE LET THERE BE A FULL VERSION OF THIS SHOWS THEME SONG
"english isnt his first language, leave him alone. im more upset at people that have been speaking english their whole lives and cant write a readable sentence."
http://www.formspring.me/rholf
Presenting..the REAL Jean-Pierre Delmas!
Rho offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Carth » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:41 am

Wait, I've never commented on this thread? Why not? THIS SHOW HAS THE POTENTIAL TO KICK LOTS OF PATOOT.

I was impressed enough with the pictures here - they're so smooth and crisp and clean - and what I'd heard of the plot sounded mildly interesting if done well, but when I started watching I was blown away. The animation OH MY GOD THE ANIMATION. The people are crisp, unique, and strangely beautiful, and all the robots and monsters and stuff...people were throwing money at this project for sure 8D

The plot itself looks like it'll take a while to REALLY kick into motion, though I must say Solomon looks like helluva creep. The characters, too, are an acquired taste, though-their straight faced awkwardness sort of reminds me of British humor. Illana's going to have to work a little harder to be appealing to me, but Lance has me giggling with his whole MUST PROTECT THE PRINCESS gambit and Octus is just majorly awkwardly awesome.

Long story short, I can't wait to see how this develops oh my god.
Carth offline

Postby ArgentDandelion » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:06 am

One flaw: The theme song. Or lack thereof.
Other flaws: Nonexistent.
They have become adorable to me already. Except that obnoxious neighbor lady.
Yes, even Caitlin Della Robbia/Llana.
I really am surprised they would show (discretion shot aside) a villain.....well, showing that degree of bodily violence. It can be bloodless and still be quite violent.
Incidentally I watched Generator Rex after this. For some reason it simply is not as entertaining as Ben 10 is. Maybe for how....dry it is. Maybe it was the lighting. Lighting is important.
ArgentDandelion offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby JesusFreak » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:19 pm

The neighbor lady needs to stop being irritating.

Otherwise.

YAY.

And incidentally ArgentDandelion, the most recent Generator Rex was one of the best ever. I wish I went to my prom in an Armored Personnel Carrier.

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby Asantewaalrus » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:56 pm

Am I the only one that actually liked Barb? If only because she was doing a good job of what she was suppose to be doing? Being annoying and sort of poking fun at suburban stereotypes? : o

I agree with Carth on the slow moving plot, but it looks like we'll get quite a bit of character development in the long-run, which I tend to love. Uh, not much to say, still lovin' it...

... And I'm totally feeling some bacon. D :
Asantewaalrus offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby JesusFreak » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:44 pm

Username wrote:Am I the only one that actually liked Barb? If only because she was doing a good job of what she was suppose to be doing? Being annoying and sort of poking fun at suburban stereotypes? : o

Even with my tvtrope-augmented sensibilities concerning characters, I still can't like her. Her face terrifies me in ways I don't quite understand.

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby ArgentDandelion » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:39 pm

I watched it again this night.

THIS SHOW IS THE RAMEN.

Icky, sweaty shirtless Lance.

The Animal Friends bit with Octus is so clever. It is amusing how he speaks in a babyish way over breakfast. You made your breakfast frown, Lance.....oh, and unless you are allergic to vegetables, eggs, meat and dairy do not comprise a balanced nutritional guide.

Now we know what that pharaoh-crown section is for....

General Custer's know-it-all sister, heh.

Randomly playing the Animal Friends song when they are arguing is humorous and clever.

"Teamwork is the insubordination of one's own interests and opinions...." (or something like that) What a cool explanation with an interesting definition. I want to go insubordinate my own interests and opinions now. TEAMWORK TIME! *parodies Wonder Pets* *sings* What's going to work? Insubordination of our own interests and opinions!

Now, Cartoon Network, make things like this amazing show instead of ripping off Japanese game shows, and your Nielsons will go through and then devour the roof.
ArgentDandelion offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Stonecreek » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:29 am

After seeing one episode, I'm pretty much on board with the show. Except for one thing:

I don't like the robots.

I don't like the design, either their individual Titan looks or the one big combined one. I like the idea behind the technology, but the look and fights just don't do it for me.

I love the character designs and scenery, and the people and the dialogue and the overall feel of the show. I just wish it was more centered on the aliens adapting to the new culture whilst keeping an eye out for the big baddie than the big 'ol robot fights.

YDV wrote:Well you see, the amount of time we didn't normally hang around BKO is kind of like potential energy, and then when we all finally came back at the same time it's like letting loose a catapult. 8D

It's all very scientifical. |D

Ah, memories...
http://z10.invisionfree.com/Anime_and_M ... hp?act=idx
Stonecreek offline

Postby Rho » Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:46 am

Now, Cartoon Network, make things like this amazing show instead of ripping off Japanese game shows, and your Nielsons will go through and then devour the roof.

Won't happen. CN is led by morons currently who are not understanding the failure of live-action and continue to pull it out. Anyone who thinks 6-11 year old boys will want to watch an hour-long drama series about school is obviously using illegal drugs. I suggest the Atlanta Police Department do a little searching.
They're doomed to 3rd Place, and come next Sunday, they might end up getting #4.

Anyway, didn't manage to catch the latest episode, but I heard it got a longer intro.
"english isnt his first language, leave him alone. im more upset at people that have been speaking english their whole lives and cant write a readable sentence."
Rho offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Asantewaalrus » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:03 pm

holyshenanigans!
I just realized I live near the CNN building, I was wondering what the hell you meant when you kept mentioning Atlanta. For some reason, considering all the idiots I've dealt with down here, I didn't really take the CNN building being down here as it actually... being down here. : o

I always just considered the CNN building in New York to be top dog, durr.

@ Stoney
Y'know, I don't really think it centers around the robot fights all that much. I think they're still trying to attract action-starved children, but character development seems to be a big deal in the series. The fights revolve around the characters growing, to an extent. : o

On the note of the robots, I'm with you, but I do find Ilana's robot to be, like, the sexiest heap of alien metal since Gundam Deathscythe and Megatron.

Don't judge.
Asantewaalrus offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Tekirai » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:10 pm

Oh man I want to watch this so bad and in between Adventure Time and this cartoon being in the US and nowhere near being in the UK yet it is torture I tell you.

But I can tell by the little clips I've found on Youtube that I am going to love this show. Animation looks like the sex and I said before that I adore the character design. Still do! But I was under the impression that everyone was at college or something. Not high school. They all look a bit older.

I guess I kind of came up with my own version of it by accident. Whoooopth this post is kind of useless without me actually seeing an episode yet
Tekirai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby . » Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:46 am

Rho wrote:

Won't happen. CN is led by morons currently who are not understanding the failure of live-action and continue to pull it out. Anyone who thinks 6-11 year old boys will want to watch an hour-long drama series about school is obviously using illegal drugs. I suggest the Atlanta Police Department do a little searching.
They're doomed to 3rd Place, and come next Sunday, they might end up getting #4.

Anyway, didn't manage to catch the latest episode, but I heard it got a longer intro.

Okay look, hate to break it to you, but Cartoon Network isn't looked at as just a "Cartoon" channel anymore. A&E airs sh*t outside of Arts and Entertainment. Sci-Fi changed it's name to SyFy trying to change the company image. The name is a throwback to the old cable days where channels where labeled by what they showed. It's a different beast today.

Cartoon Network has to compete with juggernauts like Disney and Viacom and obviously are only being given a low amount of money to do so. What do Disney and Viacom offer tweens? LIVE ACTION!

I do agree CN should stop trying to compete in the Live Action market cause they can't do it (Hide the negatives, exploit the positives) and stick to animation. They have made a few interesting shows (Destroy, Build, Destory. Dude, What Would Happen?).

BTW Rho, I take it you weren't alive during the early days of Nick? Mystery Files of Shelby Woo? Alex Mack? Frankly I'm pro any series aimed at kids that shows bad guys carrying guns. Plus atleast they're trying to be orignal instead of ripping off Fame like other Networks (LOOKING AT YOU, FOX! F*CK GLEE!)
. offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby . » Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:47 am

S.A.I. wrote:
Rho wrote:

Okay look, hate to break it to you, but Cartoon Network isn't looked at as just a "Cartoon" channel anymore. A&E airs sh*t outside of Arts and Entertainment. Sci-Fi changed it's name to SyFy trying to change the company image. The name is a throwback to the old cable days where channels where labeled by what they showed. It's a different beast today.

Cartoon Network has to compete with juggernauts like Disney and Viacom and obviously are only being given a low amount of money to do so. What do Disney and Viacom offer tweens? LIVE ACTION!

I do agree CN should stop trying to compete in the Live Action market cause they can't do it (Hide the negatives, exploit the positives) and stick to animation. They have made a few interesting shows (Destroy, Build, Destory. Dude, What Would Happen?).

BTW Rho, I take it you weren't alive during the early days of Nick? Mystery Files of Shelby Woo? Alex Mack? Frankly I'm pro any series aimed at kids that shows bad guys carrying guns. Plus atleast they're trying to be orignal instead of ripping off Fame like other Networks (LOOKING AT YOU, FOX! F*CK GLEE!)

BTW, BOOMERANG, CN's sister network, makes no money for the turner empire.

And if I had my way, I'd bring back Toon Heads
. offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Rho » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:31 am

Indeed. Boomerang is pretty much not given a crap by them, and for an understandable reason. They can't profit from it.
Rho offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby JesusFreak » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:47 pm

...I'm really starting to lose my interest in this show. Granted, it might be like CL and start slow, but the latest episode was basically yet ANOTHER series' take on the Power of Friendship (AND TEAMWORK). Blargh.

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby ArgentDandelion » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:58 pm

Fortunately, some of us manage to avoid flaws.

Sweet, sweet narm. *gulps narm* It makes a refreshing beverage, once you gain an immunity to it. Thank you, Barney, for immunizing me against narm due to overexposure during my toddler years. Now, if only the power of friendship, for how immensely strong it is, could be condensed into a weapon such as a missile...
ArgentDandelion offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Asantewaalrus » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:44 pm

._. wrote:...I'm really starting to lose my interest in this show. Granted, it might be like CL and start slow, but the latest episode was basically yet ANOTHER series' take on the Power of Friendship (AND TEAMWORK). Blargh.

I was sort of feeling that, but come on, we're only three episodes in. I'd consider a series pretty dull if it only took three episodes to get into what it was all about. I think, if this series does withstand everyone's expectations, the wait will be worth it. And yeah, it might be abusing the whole friendship-thing, but at least it did it in a clever and charming way, it was recycled like most series. : o

Durr, why the heck I'm I defending this series? The heck, that was the biggest heap of pointlessness ever.

I could've sworn that was going somewhere, but whatever.

In terms of the latest episode, I don't have any real opinion, it just was—it wasn't good, it wasn't bad, it just was.
Asantewaalrus offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby JesusFreak » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:27 pm

Username wrote:
._. wrote:...I'm really starting to lose my interest in this show. Granted, it might be like CL and start slow, but the latest episode was basically yet ANOTHER series' take on the Power of Friendship (AND TEAMWORK). Blargh.

I was sort of feeling that, but come on, we're only three episodes in. I'd consider a series pretty dull if it only took three episodes to get into what it was all about. I think, if this series does withstand everyone's expectations, the wait will be worth it. And yeah, it might be abusing the whole friendship-thing, but at least it did it in a clever and charming way, it was recycled like most series. : o

Durr, why the heck I'm I defending this series? The heck, that was the biggest heap of pointlessness ever.

I could've sworn that was going somewhere, but whatever.

In terms of the latest episode, I don't have any real opinion, it just was—it wasn't good, it wasn't bad, it just was.

Yeah, you're right. I was just all ZOMG GENNDY TARTAKOVSKY HE CAN DO NO WRONG LEAD ME TO SUNSHINE LAND MR. T AND I WILL BE HAPPY. Now, not so much.

And Generator Rex did quite well rushing in like that, in my opinion

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby ArgentDandelion » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:50 pm

But....Octus's behavior on watching Animal Friends....and the pancakes....and......

Spreading about the unenthusiasm is making me feel queasy. Please stop.

You certainly do have the right to express your own opinions, but I cannot resist expressing my opinions as well, in that I thought it still was great and your little rainclouds of indifference are making puddles on my floor. Gah, I sound so arrogant saying that, and I only mean to sound honest about my opinions of the show. I am going to retreat into a corner and await the berating by the admins I will receive for being an insufferable mini-mod.
ArgentDandelion offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby JesusFreak » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:49 am

ArgentDandelion wrote:But....Octus's behavior on watching Animal Friends....and the pancakes....and......

Spreading about the unenthusiasm is making me feel queasy. Please stop.

You certainly do have the right to express your own opinions, but I cannot resist expressing my opinions as well, in that I thought it still was great and your little rainclouds of indifference are making puddles on my floor. Gah, I sound so arrogant saying that, and I only mean to sound honest about my opinions of the show. I am going to retreat into a corner and await the berating by the admins I will receive for being an insufferable mini-mod.

Dude/tte, read my post history. If I'm not banned, you won't be xP

Octus was kinda funny, with the conversations with Elephanty and all, I will admit...

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Stonecreek » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:19 pm

Right now, the character designs are the only thing holding my interest in the show. The plot is badly predictable, and the show crams in way too much fighting and too little worthwhile content.

YDV wrote:Well you see, the amount of time we didn't normally hang around BKO is kind of like potential energy, and then when we all finally came back at the same time it's like letting loose a catapult. 8D

It's all very scientifical. |D

Ah, memories...
http://z10.invisionfree.com/Anime_and_M ... hp?act=idx
Stonecreek offline

Postby ArgentDandelion » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:34 pm

*mops the unenthusiasm rainclouds brought into the topic* I feel hurt. I like the show. But...ah, anyway, even with your opinions on it, do you still think it is much, much better than certain other....junk that tainted Cartoon Network's programming? Surely, better this than others, correct?
ArgentDandelion offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby JesusFreak » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:48 pm

Stonecreek wrote:Right now, the character designs are the only thing holding my interest in the show. The plot is badly predictable, and the show crams in way too much fighting and too little worthwhile content.

I'm kinda agreeing with this sentiment here, except for the fighting bit. I think they're throwing around the Titan too much though.

Are the b ad guys here? FORM TITAN!

Did Allana run away? FORM TITAN AS SOON AS WE FIND HER!

Did Octus get a Blue Screen of Death? INSTALL WINDOWS 7, AND FORM TITAN!

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

PreviousNext