Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:04 pm

Anything goes here, so long as it's clean and follows standard forum rules.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby TheAppleFreak » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:52 am

Apparently this isn't a full TV show, but rather a miniseries of only 12 episodes. Found it on another forum, but I didn't copy/paste the link.

D'aww...
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline
Someone actually trusted me to run this site

Postby green » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:26 pm

Lani wrote:Yeah, I'm guessing he's gonna be in his 30s/40s. But that's not stopping anyone from shipping him and Korra together xD; Such is fandom.

Oh, and rumor has it that Meelo (the guy in that sketch picture up there along with Korra's face) is Sokka and Suki's grandson? I have no idea. I am just reporting what I'm hearing on the internet.

Already? wtf fandom '-'

Also, what the hell kind of name is Meelo?
green offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Wolfhanyou » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:54 pm

teapot wrote:
Lani wrote:Yeah, I'm guessing he's gonna be in his 30s/40s. But that's not stopping anyone from shipping him and Korra together xD; Such is fandom.

Oh, and rumor has it that Meelo (the guy in that sketch picture up there along with Korra's face) is Sokka and Suki's grandson? I have no idea. I am just reporting what I'm hearing on the internet.

Already? wtf fandom '-'

Maybe it's Mezlo? I don't know the artist's handwriting is really messy. XD I was staring at it for a bit trying to figure out if the second e was really an e.

Wolfhanyou offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby green » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:48 pm

Wolfhanyou wrote:
teapot wrote:

Already? wtf fandom '-'

Maybe it's Mezlo? I don't know the artist's handwriting is really messy. XD I was staring at it for a bit trying to figure out if the second e was really an e.

It doesn't really matter they're both silly '-'
green offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Lyoko Wario » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:25 pm

I heard that the "12 episodes" thing is kind of like a test. If there's still a market for more, more there shall be.

And the character's name is indeed Meelo, not Mezlo. There was a tweet somewhere that mentioned his name.

Anyway, can't wait to meet Korra and her gang of chums. I just hope the old gaang isn't all died.
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby green » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:42 pm

End Smashing Success wrote:I heard that the "12 episodes" thing is kind of like a test. If there's still a market for more, more there shall be.

And the character's name is indeed Meelo, not Mezlo. There was a tweet somewhere that mentioned his name.

Anyway, can't wait to meet Korra and her gang of chums. I just hope the old gaang isn't all died.

according to the interview they are :(
green offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Mewberries151 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:04 am

The Other teapot wrote:
End Smashing Success wrote:I heard that the "12 episodes" thing is kind of like a test. If there's still a market for more, more there shall be.

Lol, wut? That doesn't even make sense.

Yikes...I hope this mini-series isn't just thrown together and full of plot holes. Bryke always took such care with their storylines and this...just seems like they're tossing a series together out of ideas drawn out of a hat.

Or is there a legal obligation as to why they can't have any previous characters from the first series show up? Some sort of copyright issue because of Nickelodeon or the Shymalan movie?
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby green » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:17 am

Mewberries151 wrote:
The Other teapot wrote:

Yikes...I hope this mini-series isn't just thrown together and full of plot holes. Bryke always took such care with their storylines and this...just seems like they're tossing a series together out of ideas drawn out of a hat.

Or is there a legal obligation as to why they can't have any previous characters from the first series show up? Some sort of copyright issue because of Nickelodeon or the Shymalan movie?

Derp, that's cause i linked the Caplock_atla post, sorry >>; Here's the interview bit
I have no idea, and this is just in the word of a casting director or summat who I'm hoping has no idea what they're talking about
green offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Mewberries151 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:19 am

The Other teapot wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote:
The Other teapot wrote:

Derp, that's cause i linked the Caplock_atla post, sorry >>; Here's the interview bit
I have no idea, and this is just in the word of a casting director or summat who I'm hoping has no idea what they're talking about

XD Aw, no worries. I meant the Interview they linked to in the post anyway. ;) (Also wow...A+ gifs in that post there. *saves a few* )

And yeah...here's hoping the casting director either just...doesn't know or is saying what he's been told to say because they don't want to reveal the fact that some of the older characters are in it still just yet.

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JesusFreak » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:20 am

Needs moar cabbage merchant.

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby Wolfhanyou » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:14 pm

JesusFreak wrote:Needs moar cabbage merchant.

Thankfully according to Bryke we're getting one of his descendants. :D

Wolfhanyou offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby JesusFreak » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:23 am

Wolfhanyou wrote:
JesusFreak wrote:Needs moar cabbage merchant.

Thankfully according to Bryke we're getting one of his descendants. :D

YES. I will watch this show now.

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby PhortyTwo » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:36 am

I'm pretty excited for all of this to go down, I hope they can keep to the general style of ATLA, even if this is a new series.

I'd also like them to wrap up a few fan issues, like the timeline (as Mew was talking about) and who got paired up with who, officially.
PhortyTwo offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Wolfhanyou » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:50 pm

PhortyTwo wrote:I'm pretty excited for all of this to go down, I hope they can keep to the general style of ATLA, even if this is a new series.

I'd also like them to wrap up a few fan issues, like the timeline (as Mew was talking about) and who got paired up with who, officially.

Well it looks like they are keeping the general style of ATLA, though modernized a bit, according to the teaser picture they put out. And the canon couples are looking to be exactly as they were at the end of the original series. There was an interview with Bryke where they said that Tenzin was Aang and Katara's kid and that they didn't mean for his parentage to be a big secret.

As for the timeline and the thing about all the old Gaang being dead, I'm just hoping that was a lie. Or something like what happened with the second season of Kuroshitsuji.

Wolfhanyou offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby PhortyTwo » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:04 pm

Wolfhanyou wrote:thing about all the old Gaang being dead

OH GOD PLEASE NO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc
PhortyTwo offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby JesusFreak » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:15 am

PhortyTwo wrote:

OH GOD PLEASE NO.

This is like, 75 or so years after the first series. Why do you want to see Katara on Water Tribe life support, exactly?

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby PhortyTwo » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:47 pm

._. wrote:
PhortyTwo wrote:

OH GOD PLEASE NO.

This is like, 75 or so years after the first series. Why do you want to see Katara on Water Tribe life support, exactly?

Well, I never said that. But seeing them alive (and then dying later, dying before the series wtihout a word seems a little anti-climactic for the saviors of the world) would be nice, either way.
PhortyTwo offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Mewberries151 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:23 am

._. wrote:
PhortyTwo wrote:

OH GOD PLEASE NO.

Katara would only be 89 by that calculation. And Toph would be younger than that. 89 is old, but it's not /super/ old, and considering that Katara's grandmother seemed long-lived, I don't see why she wouldn't be able to either.

And let's not even go into King Bumi and how old he is. The point is, within Avatar canon, it's not unusual for people to live long even if the technology is "simplistic". And even so, seeing as how progress has been made technology-wise in the Avatar-verse when Korra is set, that makes me think it's even less a stretch that people would live longer than before. ...The lack of a crippling invasion/war by a certain nation can't hurt either.

Personally, I'm also hoping that the "everyone's dead" thing was just a mis-statement if not an outright lie. I'd understand Aang dying young because of all the stress his body went through, and maybe even some of the older cast like Sokka or Zuko (although I could see Iroh becoming the next Bumi >_>; ) But everyone from the first series without exception? No way. Because that's going on my list of "Discontinuity/Implausiblilty" for this series right away otherwise.

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby green » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:55 pm

/drops in the thread
green offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby TheAppleFreak » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:04 am

green wrote:/drops in the thread

OH YES
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline

Postby SilverPrince » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:21 am

Oh! And there's also this bit of news!

Among other information, there is this:
[quote]Nickelodeon had picked up “Korraâ€

Stonecreek wrote:I miss the boob bots. At least they were peddling something I have interest in...
SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Tangent128 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:43 pm

That should be taken as "episodes", not "series", methinks. :nyeh!:

Still, things are looking good so far.
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby TheLQ » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:49 pm

For those of you who didn't read the article, I have some bad news

Above linked article wrote:The new series is due out mid-2012 on Nickelodeon.

Mid-2012?! That's so far away from now. ;__;
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby green » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:33 pm

TheLQ wrote:For those of you who didn't read the article, I have some bad news

Above linked article wrote:The new series is due out mid-2012 on Nickelodeon.

Mid-2012?! That's so far away from now. ;__;

wtf Nick, why the delays?
green offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Stonecreek » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:10 pm

Yay: Finding out about Ursa (somehow); older themed; more richly developed; little to no filler

Boo: Cars and motorcycles (WTF?); mid-2012 (WTF?!?!?!); still being evasive about the original character's appearence in "Korra"

YDV wrote:Well you see, the amount of time we didn't normally hang around BKO is kind of like potential energy, and then when we all finally came back at the same time it's like letting loose a catapult. 8D

It's all very scientifical. |D

Ah, memories...
http://z10.invisionfree.com/Anime_and_M ... hp?act=idx
Stonecreek offline

PreviousNext