Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:21 pm

Anything goes here, so long as it's clean and follows standard forum rules.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby knifey » Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:48 pm

totally forgot to edit my post when i found out nick is trolling and making us wait two whole weeks for the season finale

regardless

HNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG AMON
:hatguy: pew pew lazorz
psn profile
knifey offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Stonecreek » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:00 pm

knifey wrote:totally forgot to edit my post when i found out nick is trolling and making us wait two whole weeks for the season finale

regardless

HNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG AMON

No, there's 12 episodes in this season. Nine have been shown. So, they are showing one next week, and then the last two back to back two weeks from now for the season finale. Thus, 12 episodes.

YDV wrote:Well you see, the amount of time we didn't normally hang around BKO is kind of like potential energy, and then when we all finally came back at the same time it's like letting loose a catapult. 8D

It's all very scientifical. |D

Ah, memories...
http://z10.invisionfree.com/Anime_and_M ... hp?act=idx
Stonecreek offline

Postby knifey » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:22 pm

too.

many.

feels.

WHAT DOOOOOOOOOO?????

-__________-
:hatguy: pew pew lazorz
psn profile
knifey offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Tekirai » Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:38 pm

knifey wrote:too.

many.

feels.

WHAT DOOOOOOOOOO?????

-__________-

this
Tekirai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Stonecreek » Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:54 pm

I felt they tried to tie the end of the season into too neat a bow. I liked what happened, but it felt inevitable, in a way, especially the second episode. But, it was still a visual feast and a feel-bad/feel-good one-two, so I enjoyed it. I like the darker tone overall in Korra as compared to A:tLA. But one of the things I didn't realize I liked so much about the previous series that this one was missing was a sense of detachment from our world. Republic City is a bit too modern, whereas old Avatar was just that, old. They did a better job world-building there than here.

YDV wrote:Well you see, the amount of time we didn't normally hang around BKO is kind of like potential energy, and then when we all finally came back at the same time it's like letting loose a catapult. 8D

It's all very scientifical. |D

Ah, memories...
http://z10.invisionfree.com/Anime_and_M ... hp?act=idx
Stonecreek offline

Postby TheAppleFreak » Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:29 pm

The ending seemed a little rushed, but holy crap was it amazing. So many feels.

Can't wait for Season 2, but I don't know how they can continue the series. Maybe by addressing the disenfranchised Equalist movement, which still exists even without Amon? I dunno, but I trust them.
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline
Someone actually trusted me to run this site

Postby Jazzy Josh » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:25 am

Murder-suicide in a kids show :3

Great couple of episodes.

@Jazzy Josh on Twitter.
Jazzy Josh offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby TheLQ » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:22 am

My quick review (warning: spoilers)

I very much liked the show. It was modern, moved quicker than the old show (almost there, OH LOOK A CITY; almost there OH LOOK A ROCK got old after a while), humerus, and connected well with Last Airbender. A very good squeal that deserved all the hype.

However to me the story felt rushed. Weird events, thinking of a plan, and doing a plan were all touched on for only a few seconds. This made the plot see obvious without a time to question, "Ohh, I wonder what happens next" (this is the only time I will be a plot nazi). The age group seemed to be shifted down a group fro Last Airbender, however it could just be me evaluating it as a much older college student.

Lastly the ending was nothing like Last Airbender. At least then there was a clifhanger, something that would draw you to the next season (IE, the northern water tribe being attacked). Here though they tied off almost all the loose ends without a chance of a second season. This worries me as they'll probably resort to some BS character revival or flaky hatred of a character. We'll see.

Overall Rating: 8/10
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Jazzy Josh » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:40 am

TheLQ wrote:A very good squeal that deserved all the hype.

SQUEEE

TheLQ wrote:The age group seemed to be shifted down a group fro Last Airbender, however it could just be me evaluating it as a much older college student.

I would assume that the age group was moved up. More relationship stuff, murder-suicide, etc.

The one thing that did drive me nuts was the announcer at the beginning of each episode. I know what happened last time because I watched it. I don't need to be reminded :/

@Jazzy Josh on Twitter.
Jazzy Josh offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby JesusFreak » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:31 pm

I liked the ending. Originally it was going to be a one-shot batch of 12 episodes, and from that standpoint it works.

Nevertheless, Amon's identity was...underwhelming. Granted, it would have to be considering all the rampant imagination wild-running that surrounded him.

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby TheDailyCookie » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:21 pm

I personally liked the fact that Amon's identity was something as simple as Tarlock's brother. I mean, I think as fans, we have the tendency to overthink things or make up crazy theories, but really, how often in life does the crazy theory turn out to be correct? You don't always have to know the person before they show up, and it kept it fairly realistic (though, granted, in a TV series where people can throw elements at eachother, realism isn't really a key frame of mind). I also thought that family was a great way to connect the two main antagonists (Amon being the main, main antagonist and Tarlok being the somewhat of an annoyance antagonist).

TheDailyCookie offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Tangent128 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:23 pm

I think Amon's identity and backstory worked well; however, I don't think it was told as well as it could have been. The pacing got rather frantic at the end; an extra half-hour would have helped them a lot I think.

Though I think it would have been more interesting if gaining the ability to reverse the debending was left as a new quest instead of just being given by Aang; I realize they operated under a miniseries assumption, but seeing her have to deal with only air for a while would have been illuminating and educational for her.

Definitely watching the next series, for sure.
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby TheDailyCookie » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:12 pm

I agree on your only-airbending point. It would have added an extra spin on things, as she would be (most likely) the first Avatar ever to not be able to bend every element. We saw how big of a change it made in regular benders, but an Avatar, where bending is basically your soul purpose in life, would most likely be even more effected, on a much deeper level. It woudl rip away pretty much anything, especially an Avatar like Korra (who was discovered and trained as an Avatar much earlier than the previous ones who found out by sixteen- the same age she was in LOK) who has been nothing but an Avatar her entire life. She doesn't know not being an Avatar. It would be fascinating to watch.

TheDailyCookie offline
New Kid
New Kid

Re:

Postby axslayer33 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:28 am

Lastly the ending was nothing like Last Airbender. At least then there was a clifhanger, something that would draw you to the next season (IE, the northern water tribe being attacked). Here though they tied off almost all the loose ends without a chance of a second season. This worries me as they'll probably resort to some BS character revival or flaky hatred of a character. We'll see.

Overall Rating: 8/10

Me thinks they'll be using the lieutenant or Hiroshi Sato (neither of whome or dead) to continue the equalist movement.
axslayer33 offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Re: Avatar: the Legend of Korra

Postby axslayer33 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:45 pm

Well...trailer released....time to reboot this thread:
http://www.nick.com/videos/clip/comic-c ... ?xid=LOKFB
axslayer33 offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby TheAppleFreak » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:54 pm

axslayer33 wrote:Well...trailer released....time to reboot this thread:
http://www.nick.com/videos/clip/comic-c ... ?xid=LOKFB

Is it too soon to begin the screaming? I guess I'll start.

*breathes deep* AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
TheAppleFreak offline

Postby axslayer33 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:56 pm

Am I the only one giddy to see the return of Wang Shi Tong? Guess so...

But still, self-exiled to the spirit world, only to be found by one of only 4 people directly related to the three that forced him to destroy his library? That's gonna be good.
axslayer33 offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby TheAppleFreak » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:04 pm

Some new stuff! This morning, nickanimationstudio on Tumblr posted this sketch of Korra and Asami cosplaying as fire nation women. Spoilering because of sexy.

Spoiler: show

Second, new video! Three minutes of Book 2!
TheAppleFreak offline

Postby axslayer33 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:19 am

Hmm...Reminds me of katara's get-up in S3...and in the trailer-the scene where she's in front of a fence, did anyone else get an internment camp vibe?
axslayer33 offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby axslayer33 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:22 pm

axslayer33 offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby TheLQ » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:28 pm

axslayer33 wrote:Mark your calendars: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/15/ ... e=facebook

Woah, I was worried that it wouldn't make it out of book 1.
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby axslayer33 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:58 pm

Weell time to dust this off...

Shit has officially hit the fan. *WARNING SPOILERS*

So the Dark spirit of the world has broke out, Mako's in jail, the water tribes are about to tear each other apart and oh yea Jinora may or may not be dead.
axslayer33 offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby TheLQ » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:52 pm

axslayer33 wrote:Weell time to dust this off...

Shit has officially hit the fan. *WARNING SPOILERS*

So the Dark spirit of the world has broke out, Mako's in jail, the water tribes are about to tear each other apart and oh yea Jinora may or may not be dead.

... I completely forgot about the second book. Sounds crazy
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby axslayer33 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:37 pm

It starts 6 months after book 1, Mako's joined the police, Asami's trying to keep future industries afloat, and Korra has returned to the water tribe to visit her family. And thej shit breaks loose with angry spirits.
Spoiler: show
And then her uncle turns out ti be evil and invades the south pole. And tries to kill korra and jinora. And might have partially succeeded with the latter.
axslayer33 offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby axslayer33 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:37 pm

axslayer33 offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

PreviousNext