Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:52 pm

Otakon.

Anything goes here, so long as it's clean and follows standard forum rules.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

cheese curls

Whaaaat
9%
Alistair likes cheese
18%
mmmmm delicious
18%
stop making polls lani
18%
no u
36%

Total votes : 11

Otakon.

Postby Lani » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:32 pm

Wow look at my creative title go.

Anyway, I am aware that Otakon is about a month away and at least five of us LFers are gonna be there. And since 3 is a party then, well, 5 is like a MEGA party. It's going to be awesome.

There's been general consensus already that we're going to have a meetup. But maybe some of you (or your parents) are kinda like "UH UH I DON'T FEEL COMFORTABLE MEETING PEOPLE FROM THE INTERNETS" but it's okay. I promise. We're good people. I don't bite. :(

The purpose of this thread is not for me to say "here is something i want to tell you guys" and for you to go "wow that's kind of cool"--no man, that's for BKO. The point is to kinda sorta arrange a time for us to party/hang out. And by party I mean sit in a circle and talk about William doing naughty things to Ulrich (oh wow I almost wrote William, what a typo).

So please, if you're going--or thinking of going at least--then let us know what your plants are for the weekend. Things like, "I want to attend a panel on Sunday at 12:30" or "I have masquerade rehearsal all day Saturday so that's not a good day for me" or "They're marathoning Boku no Pico on Friday night so I'd rather us not meet then" or whatever. That way, we can schedule around and find a free time that works for all of us so we can do fun things.

As for myself, I have work until about 4:45 on Friday so I probably won't get to the con until about 8-ish. There's a Tales photoshoot at 4 on Saturday which I am pretty much obligated to go to. The only other thing I have planned is the Tales panel. But the date and time for that hasn't been announced yet, and when it is I'll let you guys know. Other than that, I'm pretty much free. :>

Oh, one more thing, if we decide that we want to exchange numbers, do not post them here, for your own interest. Please PM, or email, or IM, whatever. Just not here publicly.

I'll be updating this first post when we go through our procedures.

Ok I'm so tired. Can you tell this thing makes no sense and is probably like 10x longer than it would normally be. maaan
we will advance with sword in hand
for our cause is pure
Lani offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby knifey » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:43 pm

<S>there have been a few other anime convention threads made in the past but i know everyone'll (lolcough) get pissed at me and start whining if i link back to them so i won't</S>

So I'll be going and all. But are there going to be any baseball games occurring during the weekend? 'Cause I'd like to know if I should bring earplugs, a camcorder, and an umbrella, for when people start harnessing me for cosplaying.

And on the topic of cosplaying, I'll be dressed up as this guy pretty much all weekend long. I was planning on going as this guy at first but them I remembered that I was going to need contacts and I've never worn contacts in my life so I'd like it if I didn't get tiny clear thingies stuck in my eyes.

Stalk me. plz. It'll be fun.
:hatguy: pew pew lazorz
psn profile
knifey offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mewberries151 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:23 pm

I'm pretty much going to be in the Artist Alley for most of it. I may sneak out for a panel or two (or to blow all my profits in the Dealer's Room) but that's more or less where I'll stay. I don't know if I'll be in cosplay or not, but if I am, I'll make note of it here to give you guys an easier time of finding me. :)

...By the way, if anyone's interested in buying prints of my previous work there...lemme know. I'd be happy to make a custom print or two if there's something in my current gallery you like and my prices are pretty low and negotiable. (LF-er Discount? *shot* ). xD
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby green » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:46 am

So this will be my first con evar so I'm bound to be confused like woah at first, but I shouldn't be too inept at figuring things out...

I know I want to see the AMV contest whenever that is and there's a couple of panels, but I don't know how many days of the con I'll be able to go to because my dad wants to go to the aquarium and walk around town and do lots of non-otakon related things >:| (I need to get on him about the registrations too now that I think about it.)

Not to mention a five year old who will be overstimulated the entire time <s>but whatever that's my parent's problem</s>

anyway, I'm not cosplaying, but I will be wearing this and some other item I haven't chosen yet as an identifier.
green offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Rho » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:42 am

>Baltimore

crap

Now would be a good time to have the portal-making ability Org.XIII members have in the Kingdom Hearts series.
"english isnt his first language, leave him alone. im more upset at people that have been speaking english their whole lives and cant write a readable sentence."
http://www.formspring.me/rholf
Presenting..the REAL Jean-Pierre Delmas!
Rho offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Lani » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:37 pm

@Knifey: Dude those things are old, so there's no need to bring those back up I don't think. Plus, this one has a ~purpose~, I don't think these posts should get mixed in with older ones that aren't specific to this arrangement.

Well, ever since that one year where the baseball fans were harassing the cosplayers, Otakon staff has been trying to schedule it when games aren't happening. Which is why sometimes they're stupid and schedule it really early. :|a

@Mew: OMG CUSTOM PRINT? :>>>>> Like could you draw Sokka and Zuko being bros lol

If it turns out we're meeting and you have to man your table, no doubt we will swing by your way and hang out there. There is no way we would leave you out, fo sho.

@teapot: Otakon can be overwhelming for a first time! But you should be okay. If all else fails you got us I guess? :>

But, preregistration is already closed :( You'll have to do it at the door, and I suggest getting there early because you might be waiting in line forever... Luckily though, I don't think there is an attendance cap. There's no need to worry about not being able to get in.

@Rho: lol

It occurred to me that I should probably post my cosplays. I'll do that later.
for our cause is pure
Lani offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby knifey » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:55 pm

Lani wrote:@Knifey: Dude those things are old, so there's no need to bring those back up I don't think. Plus, this one has a ~purpose~, I don't think these posts should get mixed in with older ones that aren't specific to this arrangement.
i put it in strickouts, since it was more directed to those who get all hot and bothered whenever i mention there's a duplicate thread <S>so yeah i suppose it was uncalled for so.... i'll edit the post when i feel like it which may be never</S>

also i remember sithking zero made a thread about "events you're attending" a while ago, but since there's all this talk about otakon, it'd be waaaay too much effort to look and bump and all that jazz

Lani wrote:Well, ever since that one year where the baseball fans were harassing the cosplayers, Otakon staff has been trying to schedule it when games aren't happening. Which is why sometimes they're stupid and schedule it really early. :|a
i don't mind if it's early, as long it's just not during any baseball games. i just went to the orioles (team that plays in the stadium) website and checked their schedule, and it seems that they aren't going to be playing any home games during the weekend, which is good i guess

EDIT: lol i forgot good grammar outside of bko/games. i'll edit it later
:hatguy: pew pew lazorz
psn profile
knifey offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby green » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:12 pm

Lani wrote:@teapot: Otakon can be overwhelming for a first time! But you should be okay. If all else fails you got us I guess? :>

But, preregistration is already closed :( You'll have to do it at the door, and I suggest getting there early because you might be waiting in line forever... Luckily though, I don't think there is an attendance cap. There's no need to worry about not being able to get in.

Wait, really? The site said it was extended to the third, I thought >:|

Graaagh, why does my father have to wait forever to do this crap

edit: and I say this because, again, this is my dad we're talking about and early never happens with him sdfdfdsfds FML.
green offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Carth » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:14 pm

I should probably post here, shouldn't I? 8D

As much as I really really want to go, I haven't made any plans with my parents (meaning I won't have a ride) and I'm not sure what their attitudes are toward giving me one...but i really really want to go C:
Carth offline

Postby TheLQ » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:05 am

At first I was "Cool, some anime convention with other LFers. So I looked up how far it was to Baltimore:

I-64 E and I-79 N
540 mi 9 hours 18 mins

Umm... yea. If I could drive myself, then maybe. But I only have my permit, no because my parent's would not go with me, and hence neither can I.

Maybe next year, if this forum is still around
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Mewberries151 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:42 am

teapot wrote:
Lani wrote:@teapot: Otakon can be overwhelming for a first time! But you should be okay. If all else fails you got us I guess? :>

You are correct. ^^ Pre-Reg extends through the 3rd. And even after the 3rd, you'll still be able to buy tickets online...just not at the $10 off rate (meaning you'll have to pay $75 instead of $65).

Lani wrote:@Mew: OMG CUSTOM PRINT? :>>>>> Like could you draw Sokka and Zuko being bros lol

If it turns out we're meeting and you have to man your table, no doubt we will swing by your way and hang out there. There is no way we would leave you out, fo sho.

Haha, well mostly I meant, if there's anything in my current DA gallery that you like (see my website link), I'd be more than happy to make a print or two of it, as otherwise I probably won't be bringing along much "old" work from my gallery.

However, I'll also probably be doing commissions at the Artist Alley too, so you probably could just request something like Zuko and Sokka fist-bumpin' or the like. X3

And thanks! I appreciate it! I'll try to keep updated on what you guys plan to do then and if anything, just keep an eye out for you at the Alley. :)

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Lani » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:05 pm

Lord.Quackstar wrote:Maybe next year, if this forum is still around

Duh.

Mewberries151 wrote:
Lani wrote:@Mew: OMG CUSTOM PRINT? :>>>>> Like could you draw Sokka and Zuko being bros lol

Haha, well mostly I meant, if there's anything in my current DA gallery that you like (see my website link), I'd be more than happy to make a print or two of it, as otherwise I probably won't be bringing along much "old" work from my gallery.

However, I'll also probably be doing commissions at the Artist Alley too, so you probably could just request something like Zuko and Sokka fist-bumpin' or the like. X3

And thanks! I appreciate it! I'll try to keep updated on what you guys plan to do then and if anything, just keep an eye out for you at the Alley. :)

YAYYYYyyy :> I will still pay you. And idk if you're allowed to leave your table, but we should steal you. And go on adventures.

Carth wrote:I should probably post here, shouldn't I? 8D

As much as I really really want to go, I haven't made any plans with my parents (meaning I won't have a ride) and I'm not sure what their attitudes are toward giving me one...but i really really want to go C:

How far away are you from Baltimore? :o

Mewberries151 wrote:
teapot wrote:

You are correct. ^^ Pre-Reg extends through the 3rd. And even after the 3rd, you'll still be able to buy tickets online...just not at the $10 off rate (meaning you'll have to pay $75 instead of $65).

Oh snap, didn't know that. I prereged and I haven't gone back to the site, haha.
for our cause is pure
Lani offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby SilverPrince » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:13 pm

Lani wrote:

Duh.

My current intention is also to attend next year. The cost of transportation from lower Michigan to Baltimore, plus a registration and a hotel room for a weekend, is a bit out of my range at the moment. And by "a bit" I mean "a lot."

Stonecreek wrote:I miss the boob bots. At least they were peddling something I have interest in...
SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Lani » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:50 pm

Hey guys, this is kinda random and strange.

But 2 people in our hotel room ditched. :( If anyone needs a place to stay, it's open. It's just me and two other people, so it wouldn't be messy or overcrowded or some nonsense.

Just putting that out there :o Let me know ahead of time, though.
for our cause is pure
Lani offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Carth » Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:50 am

The Rev. SilverPrince wrote:
Lani wrote:

Duh.

My current intention is also to attend next year. The cost of transportation from lower Michigan to Baltimore, plus a registration and a hotel room for a weekend, is a bit out of my range at the moment. And by "a bit" I mean "a lot."

8D then I'll do my william cosplay next year

Thanks for the offer, Lani! But as I am still under the jurisdiction of my (infamously restrictive) parents AND I live close by I doubt I'll be able to take advantage of that. Speaking of, I should probably tell my parents I want to go sometime before they decide to schedule a vacation over it. 8/

Edit: Asked. Mom doesn't want to take me - was not impressed last time. Says it's not family friendly, as if I actually think half those heehaws are acceptable. I do have a chance to convince her. Not sure how that'll go. I need to learn to drive.
Carth offline

Postby green » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:09 am

Yeah so registration and everything is taken care of on my end now

So glad I don't have to deal with hotels >>;
green offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby TheLQ » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:26 pm

Carth wrote:I need to learn to drive.

Your 17 and don't have your license yet? When does the driving age start in your state?!
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Carth » Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:17 pm

Lord.Quackstar wrote:
Carth wrote:I need to learn to drive.

Your 17 and don't have your license yet? When does the driving age start in your state?!

16. I've just been lazy about learning. Wait, no, that's not right. I KNOW how to drive, but I'm terrified of roads, and I need 60 hours on my permit before I can get a license. Not that my mom would let me drive to Baltimore at age 17 anyway...as soon as I get home from this vacation, I better rack up some driving hours on my permit...
Carth offline

Postby Rho » Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:24 am

Maybe next year, if this forum is still around

LF will be around when we're all old men/women with grandkids complaining about the kids on our lawn and other various things.

Or rather, it should.
"english isnt his first language, leave him alone. im more upset at people that have been speaking english their whole lives and cant write a readable sentence."
http://www.formspring.me/rholf
Presenting..the REAL Jean-Pierre Delmas!
Rho offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Carth » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:25 pm

Good news, everyone! I've gotten permission to go! (My mom just doesn't want to drive me. 8P) What I want to know is, what day are all of us going to be there? I'll schedule my visits mostly around you guys, but there are a few things/people I want to see... I just don't know what yet because I'm in a house with very little internet. All I know is that Friday would probably not be a good day, because my rides have work and such. So either Saturday or Sunday? And maybe a time and place could be arranged? C:
Carth offline

Postby green » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:43 pm

Well I know I'll probably only be able to go for one day, I just don't know what day because the schedule isn't out yet '-'

so, uh >>;

EDIT: also, I lol'd

otakon wrote:Vuvuzela ban in effect

Absolutely no vuvuzelas or similar loud noisemakers are permitted within Otakon. Vuvuzelas and other noisemakers within convention buildings are subject to confiscation. Blowing a vuvuzela or similar noisemaker may lead to ejection from the convention.
green offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Mewberries151 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:55 am

teapot wrote:Well I know I'll probably only be able to go for one day, I just don't know what day because the schedule isn't out yet '-'

so, uh >>;

EDIT: also, I lol'd

otakon wrote:Vuvuzela ban in effect

Absolutely no vuvuzelas or similar loud noisemakers are permitted within Otakon. Vuvuzelas and other noisemakers within convention buildings are subject to confiscation. Blowing a vuvuzela or similar noisemaker may lead to ejection from the convention.

Well crumbs, there go my plans for the con- *shot*

...Actually, that seems like a really stupid ban. Noisemakers have been allowed (or at least seen) at the con before, especially at some of the after dark events. And who wants to bet some of the vendors were thinking of selling those too? The place is going to be so darn loud anyway...so long as they didn't make noise during a panel, what's the issue?

Anyway, still going to be at artist alley all three days (except when I stop for a break or to go shopping). Hoping I'll get to see some of you all there. :)

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Lani » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:53 am

Okay. Because I didn't do it before, I'll let you guys know who I'm going as. Maybe Friday night and most of Saturday I am going to be this chick and Saturday evening and on Sunday I am going to be this kid (black hair kid in the middle). I have a feeling there will be a lot of him walking around but I WILL be with the blond kid so yeah. You'll have better luck finding me as Judith :|a

Yay Carth can go! :D

And I cried at the vuvuzela ban. :(

I think we should meet sometime on Saturday? y/n?
for our cause is pure
Lani offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Carth » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:31 pm

Saturday would be good for me! Even though I am now kind of ULTRA DISAPPOINT that I don't get to see Lani as the Durarara kid D: but on the other hand I am super happy that i get to see LF denizens wheee

We need to have, like, a super giant party with everyone once everyone turns 18 and can travel.

I was thinking of doing a XANA-William cosplay, but a) nobody knows who that is, b) my parents would spaz, and d) it's a little too much work. Maybe next year. So I'll just go with my backup and come as a Carth. I hope y'all can recognize me.
Carth offline

Postby Lani » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:56 pm

Nooo Carth :(! After the Tales stuff is over on Saturday (if they put the panel at night again, or if it's just the shoot, I dunno yet it depends) I'm gonna be changing into Mikado. I really doubt I'll be very comfortable in that outfit. xD I don't know how late you're staying but making that switch is going to be pie.
for our cause is pure
Lani offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Next