Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:24 pm

Otakon.

Anything goes here, so long as it's clean and follows standard forum rules.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

cheese curls

Whaaaat
9%
Alistair likes cheese
18%
mmmmm delicious
18%
stop making polls lani
18%
no u
36%

Total votes : 11

Postby Lani » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:10 pm

DOUBLE POST/BAMP BECAUSE IMPORTANTE

Update! I'm going to be going all full three days now :) If we decide to meet any day, I am ok with that. I'd give a picture of who I'm going to be on Friday but unfortunately such nonsense doesn't exist.

ALSO- the con schedule is finally available.
My schedule so far is as follows

FRIDAY- photoshoot from 4PM, dinner afterwards
SATURDAY- photoshoot at 4PM
SUNDAY- concert at 12:30

So I think Friday or Saturday would be good, for me personally.

What do you guys think?!
we will advance with sword in hand
for our cause is pure
Lani offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby green » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:30 pm

Saturday is looking like the more likely option on my end, however I am only able to attend for ONE day, so if it ends up on Friday or something, I should hopefully be able to get plans changed in time. The biggest thing I plan on really trying to hit is the AMV contest, other than that I'll have to see who else wants to go where.

Edit: dug back through the thread and I believe Saturday is looking like the best bet all around y/n?

Btw, you more seasoned con-goers, what is the best time to start lining up for stuff?

orz, I am so clueless when it comes to this stuff <<;
green offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Carth » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:36 am

Saturday is the best bet for me; like I said, Friday for me is impossible and Sunday looks kind of dead. 8D; I'll take a serious look at what I want to do, but Lyokofreak supersedes all...

...ack everything look awesome D: LOL, there's a panel on fandom. But it's kinda late in the day. But I want to go to it so bad.
Carth offline

Postby Lani » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:03 am

Oh man I looked at the schedule again and I saw an Avatar panel at 9AM on Saturday :|a debating whether or not it's worth waking up.

teapot wrote:Btw, you more seasoned con-goers, what is the best time to start lining up for stuff?

I think it really depends on the size of the event--the larger/more popular it is, the earlier you wanna get in like. Things like the masquerade and concerts and stuff, if you want good seats you'll have to get in line I'd say and hour or two before they begin seating. I think the same thing applies for panels too, but the smaller ones you can typically just waltz in.

As for the con itself, jaysus. Just for the record, I've gotten in line on Friday morning at like 6/7 AM once and I was still near the end. Lines forever. Lines liens lins lines leins
for our cause is pure
Lani offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mewberries151 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:56 am

Lani wrote:Oh man I looked at the schedule again and I saw an Avatar panel at 9AM on Saturday :|a debating whether or not it's worth waking up.

teapot wrote:Btw, you more seasoned con-goers, what is the best time to start lining up for stuff?

I think it really depends on the size of the event--the larger/more popular it is, the earlier you wanna get in like. Things like the masquerade and concerts and stuff, if you want good seats you'll have to get in line I'd say and hour or two before they begin seating. I think the same thing applies for panels too, but the smaller ones you can typically just waltz in.

As for the con itself, jaysus. Just for the record, I've gotten in line on Friday morning at like 6/7 AM once and I was still near the end. Lines forever. Lines liens lins lines leins

This. OMIGOSH. TEH LINES. 8| Get there as early as you can.

...And if you can...especially if you're getting a pass for all three days...go on Thursday and pick-it up. Especially if you pre-registered. Because otherwise, oh em gee, you will wait for-e-ver. FOR-E-VER. /Sandlot.

...Actually, even if you go on Thursday there will probably be a line but...at least you won't miss anything while waiting on it because liiiiiiines. T_T
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Carth » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:47 am

I will probably not be able to go to Otakon anymore. See Rant.

I'm sorry.
Carth offline

Postby Mewberries151 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:29 am

Aww, really sorry to hear that Carth. D:

In any case, for those of you still coming and who were wanting to find me at Artist Alley, look for the girl wearing character hats. I'll either have a GIR hat, a Heartless (Shadow) hat, or Captain Jack Sparrow's hat...and probably a Kingdom Hearts tee on as well. Hoping I'll get to see some of you! :D

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby green » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:08 am

Mewberries151 wrote:Aww, really sorry to hear that Carth. D:

In any case, for those of you still coming and who were wanting to find me at Artist Alley, look for the girl wearing character hats. I'll either have a GIR hat, a Heartless (Shadow) hat, or Captain Jack Sparrow's hat...and probably a Kingdom Hearts tee on as well. Hoping I'll get to see some of you! :D

Do you have like, a table number or something I should be looking for?

Also, should we set a general time/place for those of us not tied to a table...? Or the table could be a place asdfghjkl idk @_@
green offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Lani » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:16 am

teapot wrote:

Also, should we set a general time/place for those of us not tied to a table...? Or the table could be a place asdfghjkl idk @_@

We could meet at Mew's table sometime on Sat, I'm down with that

Also I'll probably be nearby knifey a lot so I will bring him too

and i'm sad for carth :(
for our cause is pure
Lani offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby knifey » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:06 pm

Lani wrote:
teapot wrote:

We could meet at Mew's table sometime on Sat, I'm down with that

Also I'll probably be nearby knifey a lot so I will bring him too

and i'm sad for carth :(
i'm down for any meeting anytime. although i'll prolly give a visit to mew on friday after i'm done with the dealer's room, assuming i'm not stuck in the reg line for hours, and get all busy with the tales photoshoots and whatnot
:hatguy: pew pew lazorz
psn profile
knifey offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby green » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:34 am

So because I am fail I never managed to track down anyone on Saturday i_i

I had a blast, though.
green offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Asantewaalrus » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:09 am

UPDATES. STORIES. SHARE.

I wanna heaaarrr~
Asantewaalrus offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Mewberries151 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:07 pm

Sorry I missed all of you. ): Pre-Reg on Thursday was an utter disaster with that downpour and some of my stuff got completely soaked. I simply cannot believe how busy things were on Friday and in the Artist Alley in general. It was insane. xD;

I'm guessing the fire alarm and evacuation on Saturday made me miss most of you as I realize that happened right at prime Artist Alley/meeting time and then they didn't allow the alley to re-open for like...hours afterward. So much fun. T_T;

Also, apparently there were tons of people with the same hats as the ones I said I'd wear so I realize that probably didn't make me at all easy to find. ^^; Sorry about that.

In any case, I did manage to make $170+ dollars in the Alley, which, while it doesn't quite cover my expenses for the Con, was still a way better haul then last year. Ah well. XD

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby knifey » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:38 pm

I couldn't find mew or teapot. I looked around the artist alley for hours, but I only saw one person wearing a Jack Sparrow hat, and I didn't see anyone else wearing any hats in particular.

Well, there's always next year.
psn profile
knifey offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Lani » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:38 pm

Lol yeah next year... let's do this better
for our cause is pure
Lani offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby green » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:14 pm

The only person I saw in the artist's alley with a hat was selling hats and I even saw someone with the same hat I was wearing.

Where were you all from about 3:00 to 8:30? I might have seen you and not even known it.
green offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Mewberries151 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:57 pm

knifey wrote:I couldn't find mew or teapot. I looked around the artist alley for hours, but I only saw one person wearing a Jack Sparrow hat, and I didn't see anyone else wearing any hats in particular.

XD Yeah...next year, if a lot of you are coming again, I'll cosplay as Mew or something so you can't possibly miss me.

...Or try and figure out my table number ahead of time. xD; Something anyway...

teapot wrote:The only person I saw in the artist's alley with a hat was selling hats and I even saw someone with the same hat I was wearing.

Where were you all from about 3:00 to 8:30? I might have seen you and not even known it.

Which day? Saturday? I was out getting a late lunch at around 3-ish on that day, thanks to the fire, and from then onward I was in Artist Alley for almost the whole time except to get dinner.

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Lani » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:02 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:...Or try and figure out my table number ahead of time. xD; Something anyway...

I was actually hoping they'd have a little map of the artist alley like they do the dealer's room, with names and stuff but they didn't :/ I know some cons do that and I was hoping they did. BUT NO. :(
for our cause is pure
Lani offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby green » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:04 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:
knifey wrote:I couldn't find mew or teapot. I looked around the artist alley for hours, but I only saw one person wearing a Jack Sparrow hat, and I didn't see anyone else wearing any hats in particular.

XD Yeah...next year, if a lot of you are coming again, I'll cosplay as Mew or something so you can't possibly miss me.

...Or try and figure out my table number ahead of time. xD; Something anyway...

teapot wrote:The only person I saw in the artist's alley with a hat was selling hats and I even saw someone with the same hat I was wearing.

Which day? Saturday? I was out getting a late lunch at around 3-ish on that day, thanks to the fire, and from then onward I was in Artist Alley for almost the whole time except to get dinner.

Derp, yes. Well, if you were in the artist's alley for most of the time then I HAD to have walked past you at some point. Where was your table?
green offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Mewberries151 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:07 pm

Lani wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote:...Or try and figure out my table number ahead of time. xD; Something anyway...

I was actually hoping they'd have a little map of the artist alley like they do the dealer's room, with names and stuff but they didn't :/ I know some cons do that and I was hoping they did. BUT NO. :(

YES. That would have been ridiculously helpful. T_T I think I might put in a complaint/request for something like that next year.

teapot wrote:Derp, yes. Well, if you were in the artist's alley for most of the time then I HAD to have walked past you at some point. Where was your table?

Kinda towards the back. I was facing well...a wall, and I think I was kinda hidden from view by a lot of people's display cages. XD;

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby green » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:28 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:
Lani wrote:

YES. That would have been ridiculously helpful. T_T I think I might put in a complaint/request for something like that next year.

teapot wrote:Derp, yes. Well, if you were in the artist's alley for most of the time then I HAD to have walked past you at some point. Where was your table?

Kinda towards the back. I was facing well...a wall, and I think I was kinda hidden from view by a lot of people's display cages. XD;

In relation to what? There were those two entrances that I had to have gone through at least twice each, and then there was the art show and the refreshment stand thing...

I'm sorry, the entire layout had me so confused, you don't even know ^^;
green offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby MY85 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:24 pm

If I were you guys, I wouldn't meet at the con considering it's heavily crowded... I'd meet at the hotel room instead or some other place that isn't crowded. ;)
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Rail Runner » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:17 pm

I would love to go next year and meet up with all the cool LF peeps. I will have to pay attention for next years thread.
Amtrak, its everywhere I want to be!
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Tangent128 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:53 pm

Huh. If I'd known so many LF-ers and Tropers would be there, I may have tried to make it... probably not, though.

If anybody saw a Parasect cosplayer, it was the guy who does Bogleech. Who is also a Troper.
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby knifey » Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:58 pm

Bumping because we <I>seriously</i> need to be organized about this if we ever want to pull of this little "mini-lf meetup"

So far, myself, Carth, Mew, Lani, and (maybe?) green will be attending (WOOOOO I'm the only dude trolololol).

If we could exchange contact info sometime before the weekend of the con, that'd be swell. I don't want to go into that awkward situation again where I mistake someone at the artist alley for Mew, and the find out she isn't Mew :|

So yeah. If you're going, let us know, and if you're not... well then that sucks.

I'll edit this post later to update my con schedule, cosplays, and registration info.
psn profile
knifey offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

PreviousNext