Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:23 am

General Discussion Thread

Anything goes here, so long as it's clean and follows standard forum rules.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Do you think that this thread will survive?

Yes
26%
No
10%
Maybe...
45%
I don't know! Stop asking me! I DON'T EVEN KNOW YOU!
19%

Total votes : 31

Postby Stonecreek » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:57 am

Shi_Min_Xi wrote:
Lyoko422 wrote:
Shi_Min_Xi wrote:Quantum Physics

I took regular physics in 10th grade and I did great.
I took Advanced Placement Physics in 11th grade and have never been so close to failing.
My brain would implode if I attempted Quantum Physics.

Oh god. Regular Physics looks so cute and innocent now after taking "calc-based" Physics...hence why I'm doubling up Physics I and Quantum. I pretty much failed Physics I, II was fine, I was horrible. Ick.

Stonecreek wrote:
Carth wrote:
Lyoko422 wrote:HAY STONECREEK WATS UP

So. How 'bout that local sports team?

EDIT: ZOMG I think we're active enough to have... spambots! *tear*

SPAMBOT? WHERE? I WANNA KILL A SPAMBOT I WANNA KILL A SPAMBOT hey what's that hammer doing up thar

BKO is safe for you to go into at the moment, Stoney, but if you wants to stay here iz fine. And I already listed my classes. Er lol.

I've looked. It's not so safe, I see totally nude reclining dude still.

Really? He linked it the last time I checked...

Yup, you are right. I'm goin' back in.

YDV wrote:Well you see, the amount of time we didn't normally hang around BKO is kind of like potential energy, and then when we all finally came back at the same time it's like letting loose a catapult. 8D

It's all very scientifical. |D

Ah, memories...
http://z10.invisionfree.com/Anime_and_M ... hp?act=idx
Stonecreek offline

Postby Carth » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:13 pm

Reviving because I feel like it!

So this one time, at band camp, nothing happened at all.

Sunday, bloody Sunday. What have you guys accomplished today? I'm actually getting somewhere with Five, and finished watching Superjail!. I kind of need a social life. But I'm not sure I want to spend social time with many of the people I'm expected to.

P.S. Asa has 51 non-games posts, ergo, 24 more to go.
Carth offline

Postby Asantewaalrus » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:04 pm

Yeeeesssss.

Good, good, good! Then I have barely anything to worry about. : 3

I might raid the fan-fiction thread soon, I have some plans I want to take up I'm just not sure where I want to take them… and I need to do some reading and studying of “How To Writeâ€
Asantewaalrus offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Carth » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:23 pm

bom chicka asantewaa wrote:Also met my friend's boyfriend for the—you guess it!—first time. : D

I totally read that as "I got a boyfriend" at first, and then I was like YAY but then I was like "aww". Anyway, good to see you had a fairly active sort of Sunday. ^___^ Even if it was sort of boring for me I count it as well spent because I finished chapter two of Five asdasd.

PLEASERAIDTHATTHREADPLEEEASE. And as for good fanfic...*shuffles through faves* I see you already raided Stonecreek...ooh, lots of good ones!

XANA Induced Sugar Highs For Dummies- It's by Teki, and it's the best CL fic EVER. There will never be an equal to this piece of art.

Yumi's Bouquet- S'about Yumi getting flowers from a secret admirer in a convoluted and fantastic manner. I never actually finished it, but what I read of it was excellent.

Ex Libris Lyoko- Fo'-Darling wrote it! [size=0]other than overly descriptive birth scenes[/size] I love it. And I wrote the last chapter >.>

Ask The Characters of Code Lyoko- Describes itself. Terrifyingly brilliant.

The Trials of His Guilty Heart- A great take on William's past. Apparently he was a stoner. Who knew.

Dreams- Simply amazing author writing a simply amazing story. Another person who can manufacture wonderful things in her brain.

A Monster of a Problem- Jeremie trades bodies with a Krabe. And it's FANTASTIC.
Carth offline

Postby SilverPrince » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:29 pm

bom chicka asantewaa wrote:Anyone have any good reading material? Fan-fiction or otherwise, my second home is the library and I could use something good to read, ha-ha. I read anything and my fandom heart lies with just about anything, yooo.

Have you ever read the Uglies series, by Scott Westerfeld? If not, I'll explain them. It's set in the future, where when you turn 16 you have a surgical operation to turn yourself "pretty".

The world is divided into "Pretties"- people who have had the operation, and whose bodies conform to evolutionary standards of perfect beauty- and "Uglies", young people who haven't had the operation. Uglies grow up thinking that they are, well, ugly.

I won't reveal anything about the actual plot of the books, but they're really good. There's four books in the series, Uglies, Pretties, Specials and Extras. Best read in that order, of course.

They're awesome books. Read them.

Carth wrote:Ex Libris Lyoko- Fo'-Darling wrote it! [size=0]other than overly descriptive birth scenes[/size] I love it. And I wrote the last chapter >.>

Please don't read it. That thing is an affront to God and every time I think of it I'm reminded that I really am a horrible writer.

Stonecreek wrote:I miss the boob bots. At least they were peddling something I have interest in...
SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Carth » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:35 pm

SilverPrince wrote:
bom chicka asantewaa wrote:Anyone have any good reading material? Fan-fiction or otherwise, my second home is the library and I could use something good to read, ha-ha. I read anything and my fandom heart lies with just about anything, yooo.

Have you ever read the Uglies series, by Scott Westerfeld? If not, I'll explain them. It's set in the future, where when you turn 16 you have a surgical operation to turn yourself "pretty".

The world is divided into "Pretties"- people who have had the operation, and whose bodies conform to evolutionary standards of perfect beauty- and "Uglies", young people who haven't had the operation. Uglies grow up thinking that they are, well, ugly.

I won't reveal anything about the actual plot of the books, but they're really good. There's four books in the series, Uglies, Pretties, Specials and Extras. Best read in that order, of course.

They're awesome books. Read them.

Carth wrote:Ex Libris Lyoko- Fo'-Darling wrote it! [size=0]other than overly descriptive birth scenes[/size] I love it. And I wrote the last chapter >.>

Please don't read it. That thing is an affront to God and every time I think of it I'm reminded that I really am a horrible writer.

I have the first book in that series! Only read about half of it. This might be a bad thing, I'll have to go back to it. As for non-fanfic books...my favorite book of all time is Rebecca by Daphne DuMaurier. A bit old, but horribly wicked. What basically happens is, a very young woman who is never named marries an older widower, whose glamorous first wife, Rebecca, ends up torturing her (psychologically, not paranormally) from beyond the grave. Twas an Alfred Hitchcock movie. Do read it.

And that, dear, is why you need to work on improving these sorts of things! ELL had the seeds of potential; and with your imagination being as it is I know you can do better things. And everyone has old shame. I cringe at RTTP before Stonecreek straightened it out for me. Remember chapter seven? That chapter is an abomination.
Carth offline

Postby Asantewaalrus » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:02 am

I checked out Uglies awhile ago and sat down to read it, got through half of it then got swamped with school work, ha-ha.

Guess that means I was floating in the same boat as Carth-darling. : D

That DuMaurier sounds good, right up my alley, ha-ha. I'll check out that and get crackin' on the Uglies series.

Hm… anyone know any good movies?

Oh, and I'm going to read through those, simply because they sound awesome. Especially the William and Krabe!Jeremie one.
Asantewaalrus offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Tangent128 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:47 am

I'm still here!

Though I only really check in maybe twice weekly... *sweatdrop*

But there's activity again!

I have a lot of C.S. courses this semester... Database, Graphics, and Networks. Also taking Intro to Philosophy, Linear Algebra, and Badminton!

Still playing around with 3D Graphics, as you can see on my DeviantArt.

I nearly wrote that link in TV Tropes markup... yeah, I still hang there a lot.

I'm not sure how I previously managed to do those ULT animations at any reasonable speed- time's so short these days...
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Carth » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:03 am

Tangent! TV TROPES! <3 I still love TV Tropes, though I'm not much in the community, I just sort of lurk in the pages. I noticed there was a "Troper Works" section, went ":3" and make an entry for Five cause I'm a dork: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/TroperWorks/Five

Oh, and I just noticed that was your 1337th post! 8D

READ DAPHNE DU MAURIERRRRR. As for movies, many of my favorites are goofy comedies, like Airplane! or Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. Or any Pixar movie. I have a special weakness for Beauty and the Beast, though...it's so sweet and sad.

And, um, NO. Read XANA sugar highs first.
Carth offline

Postby TheAppleFreak » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:37 am

Did you upload the second chapter yet? Slow school internet connection is slow.
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline
Someone actually trusted me to run this site

Postby Carth » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:40 am

TheLordOfAppleFreaks wrote:Did you upload the second chapter yet? Slow school internet connection is slow.

Stonecreek needs to beta it first, or else its suck might tear the world apart. I think I might have to give him writing credit eventually 8D;

And I'm not at school yet~ Two hour delay for teachers' meeting!
Carth offline

Postby oddlauren » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:36 am

Sunday- went to church and sang with the choir. Went fabric shopping with my mom. Then later, went to work out with both my parents. Then just hung out here. :)

I'm no longer in school. I do work, but am looking to start my career.
oddlauren offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Asantewaalrus » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:19 pm

Today was such a sleepy Monday. D:<

I'm tired but I don't like going to sleep in the middle of weekdays, at least not after twelve.

… My sleep schedule has been so screwy, I've been getting up at four to do several things—run, do homework, do a little stretching and exercise, then get dressed and walk to school—and going to bed at terrible hours. I need to manage my time so much better.

;___;

How was everyone's Monday?

… I think I'm going to give in and take that nap. D ;
Asantewaalrus offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Carth » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:45 pm

bom chicka asantewaa wrote:Today was such a sleepy Monday. D:<

I'm tired but I don't like going to sleep in the middle of weekdays, at least not after twelve.

… My sleep schedule has been so screwy, I've been getting up at four to do several things—run, do homework, do a little stretching and exercise, then get dressed and walk to school—and going to bed at terrible hours. I need to manage my time so much better.

;___;

How was everyone's Monday?

… I think I'm going to give in and take that nap. D ;

GO TO SLEEP

My Monday...I don't actually remember much of it but I'm pretty sure I liked it. Bombed a French test, but otherwise, hm, yeah. 8D
Carth offline

Postby Tekirai » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:55 pm

Carth wrote:XANA Induced Sugar Highs For Dummies- It's by Teki, and it's the best CL fic EVER. There will never be an equal to this piece of art.

whattttt

why would you do that

that's not a fic you recommend at all

I planned to rewrite that for ages but I've lost my ability to write consistently. :( Geez I wrote this how many years ago??? All aboard the nostalgia train, baby...

In any case uhhhh if you're looking for good CL fanfic I wouldn't know what to recommend since that part of FF.net has gone waaaay downhill. 'Twas better in the old days. Although one fic comes to mind... Correlation I think it's called. By Limited Heart iirc. Think I was one of the few to convince her to continue the story and hopefully finish it because it is amaziiiiing. I would check it out. :3

Livejournal's a good place for good fanfic in general, but for CL? Nah.
Tekirai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Carth » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:13 pm

Tekirai wrote:
Carth wrote:XANA Induced Sugar Highs For Dummies- It's by Teki, and it's the best CL fic EVER. There will never be an equal to this piece of art.

whattttt

why would you do that

that's not a fic you recommend at all

I planned to rewrite that for ages but I've lost my ability to write consistently. :( Geez I wrote this how many years ago??? All aboard the nostalgia train, baby...

In any case uhhhh if you're looking for good CL fanfic I wouldn't know what to recommend since that part of FF.net has gone waaaay downhill. 'Twas better in the old days. Although one fic comes to mind... Correlation I think it's called. By Limited Heart iirc. Think I was one of the few to convince her to continue the story and hopefully finish it because it is amaziiiiing. I would check it out. :3

Livejournal's a good place for good fanfic in general, but for CL? Nah.

But but but. Even if some bits of it were a bit archaic, the XANA sugar-high bit of the story was funneeeeee. And it will remain one of my favorites whether you like it or not. :<

And the CL section of FF.net has gone downhill indeed. I mean, there are still people there, and that makes me kind of happy, but they're publishing fics that I can't make any sense out of- and that's just reading the descriptions. And after reading those descriptions, I really don't want to read the fics.

CL doesn't have much of a strong following anywhere- never did, I think. I blame racism. It would get far more merit if it was American or Japanese...even if it was exactly the same show, flaws and all.
Carth offline

Postby Tangent128 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:35 pm

Alas, with this post I now have 1338.

I read that "A Monster of a Problem" fic. I do often like alternate perspectives...

"Five" is looking good, but the Trope list seems to have come from the future. :nyeh!:

Carth, are you hiding a Supercalculator from us? ;)

or Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. Or any Pixar movie.

Agreed, and agreed. (Have we discussed "Up" here? I don't think...)

Also waiting for my Scribblenauts game to arrive... it sounds so fun!
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Asantewaalrus » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:22 pm

Ha-ha, god, I've learned my lesson:

Sleep is a beautiful thing. D:<

I just basically slept the last two days away, I came home yesterday at three and slept until nine, went to bed at twelve and just woke up. Cripes, basically twenty-two hours of sleep… and I'm still tired.

My body is nagging at me to workout, but I have so much other crap to do. I “skippedâ€
Asantewaalrus offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby SilverPrince » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:32 pm

bom chicka asantewaa wrote:You guys want to know what movie I was sort of looking forward to? It's childish, but I was really excited for Where The Wild Things Are simply because it looked like a.) a good movie and b.) before I even knew how to read that was my favorite book.

>w<

Next to Chicken Soup with Rice.

Oh, nostalgia!

Me too! And Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs. I loved that book when I was a kid.

Cripes, basically twenty-two hours of sleep… and I'm still tired.
Too much sleep can also make one tired. Everything in moderation.

Stonecreek wrote:I miss the boob bots. At least they were peddling something I have interest in...
SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TheAppleFreak » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:34 pm

SilverPrince wrote:
Cripes, basically twenty-two hours of sleep… and I'm still tired.
Too much sleep can also make one tired. Everything in moderation.

That would explain a lot...
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline

Postby Asantewaalrus » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:59 pm

Wait, wait, wait! You can never have too much *CENSORSHIP OF MYSTERIOUS MYSTERY!*!

Ohohoho.

Well, any suggestions on how I could feel a bit more alive? Anything with caffeine is, like, the ultimate last resort. I'll be wired for hours and jump right back into the problem I was trying to get over.

… Ohman, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs was an adorable book! I don't really like how the movie looks, though. It seems like it's going to be cute, but—

Man, I'm hungry now. D:<

Can we have a shower of, like, food?
Asantewaalrus offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Carth » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:25 pm

CLOUDYWITHACHANCEOFMEATBALLSWHEREISIIIIITIWANTOREADITRIGHTNOW.
But I too am not sure about seeing the movie. It's...diffiwent.

Name your favorite food and I will make it rain from the heavens. Just cause.
Carth offline

Postby oddlauren » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:46 am

I didn't know, until now obviously, that that is a book. (Cloudy with a Chance of meatballs) I do want to see the movie, it looks entertaining. yea, kind of stupid, but entertaining. I seem to enjoy kid movies more than others.
oddlauren offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Tangent128 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:30 pm

I got Scribblenauts!

And glued an anvil to a butterfly... ^_^;
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby knifey » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:30 pm

well gosh darn i'm too impatient to wait

lmao i'm srsly rofling at the fact i can't swear in this thread

i like funny stuff [size=0]that's not sarcasm and i say this seriously for those who abuse quotes or highlighting[/size]

the only troll related activity i can do is make a banner saying "moonscope trolled my fandom"
:hatguy: pew pew lazorz
psn profile
knifey offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

PreviousNext