Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:53 am

writing advice?

Anything goes here, so long as it's clean and follows standard forum rules.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

writing advice?

Postby Lyoko Wario » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:06 pm

Guys, I need some advice. I want to write a novel. I want to do it because I usually write crap fiction as a hobby and, seeing that I have the talent, would like to put it to much better use entertaining the masses and making a living that way. Sounds like fun with good money in it. But here's the thing: I have a billion trillion ideas floating around my head, all of which sound good to work on. But I don't know how to begin. When I write stories just to entertain my friends or fan fiction, everything flows out like the blood of life, but when I want to write something a bit broader, I get stuck. Does anyone with skill at writing original fiction have any pointers for your old friend? Anything is welcome...

By the way, one of my ideas, which may or may not be the first one I work on, (probably not, but I'll definitely get to it sooner or later) is about nostalgia, childhood, and the icons that make them what they are and so special. My style is serious-silly, in other words, silly things presented as though they were serious for comic effect, and I think this would work very well that way, and would be something very easy for CL fans to enjoy without me actually having to directly touch upon CL. I just thought I'd let you know that... it feels good to share ideas.
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member