Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:29 am

Dance/Trance/Hardcore - My Music (12 new tracks!)

Anything goes here, so long as it's clean and follows standard forum rules.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby Carth » Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:20 pm

Also double-posting to say that I just found Kita's first album under the Oliver Arcane name, Critical of Your Methods. It is here: http://www.mediafire.com/?nvemytlfizq

And Kita/Dtrx is continuing his long-standing tradition of making everything he produces really, really, really difficult to find. D:

Edit: Now that I've listened to a few and I don't want to double post, here's my opinions on the albums:

Critical: A little unwieldy, but awesome when it gets on its feet. As far as recommendations, if it has a word that starts with B in the title, it's awesome. Otherwise, it's average.

Pop Radio: IS AWESOME. It's remixes of popular songs, in a very anti-getting-sued-over-this manner. But the music is awesome. One small <s>downer</s> thing of note is that he has a ten-minute song here called "Lifestyles of the Digital" without one mention of CL. (It's full of clips from Digimon.) Oh well. Still one of the better ten minute songs out there. Particularly recommended are the aforementioned Lifestyles, 3 (a remix of Britney Spears's 3) and Cats Don't Know.

Remix Pack: Basically chords from other songs, if you wanted to do a remix. I have no idea how to remix stuff, so it's a smidge useless to me, but interesting nontheless.
Carth offline

Postby TheAppleFreak » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:26 pm

He literally just updated his new YouTube channel with this piece of chiptune: The Prince.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RByBpnct ... eature=sub
Coming from a new album to be released soon.
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline
Someone actually trusted me to run this site

Postby TheAppleFreak » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:25 pm

And yet another piece of glorious music: With Every Step I Take, a prerelease of his new album "Redefine."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4G9e9RR ... eature=sub
I like this one. I'm going to rip it for download.
EDIT: Waiting for permission to distribute.
TheAppleFreak offline

Postby Kita K. » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:08 am

Carth wrote:And Kita/Dtrx is continuing his long-standing tradition of making everything he produces really, really, really difficult to find. D:

Haha! Not really, all of my new releases will be on http://dtrx.bandcamp.com/ and http://www.youtube.com/user/DTRXCreations except for off-label stuff like Pop Radio.

I can be reached at Flagship Revival on AIM if anyone wants to talk with me for some reason. http://www.formspring.me/dtrucks works too, I guess.

I admire the dedication and support all you guys still give in spite of my absence, so I'm gonna upload a new Redefine track in a few just for you.

Sorry I don't check this place more often.

TheLordOfAppleFreaks wrote:EDIT: Waiting for permission to distribute.

do it :V
Kita K. offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Carth » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:26 am

KITA?

KITA/DTRUCKS LIVES!

Haider. I (and we) still love your music, especially how you're improving and branching out. (Pop Radio's getting a lot of play on my iPod, especially...)

I'm sorry I can't say much more, but most of this space would be taken up with ASDFGHJKLing and I'm too tired to think. Keep working at what you love, in any case! <3

PS- That offer to be kidnapped and work on my future television programs is still open. If creepy.
Carth offline

Postby Kita K. » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:08 am

Thanks for the support. I appreciate it a lot!

The song, as promised: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sX8GPNLsek4

Carth wrote:PS- That offer to be kidnapped and work on my future television programs is still open. If creepy.

At this point in my life, that'd be kind of a welcome change. :V
Kita K. offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby TheAppleFreak » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:38 pm

Kita K. wrote:Thanks for the support. I appreciate it a lot!

The song, as promised: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sX8GPNLsek4

Carth wrote:PS- That offer to be kidnapped and work on my future television programs is still open. If creepy.

At this point in my life, that'd be kind of a welcome change. :V

HOLY C*** YOU RETURNED (though I've also been stalking your official forums, and theoretically been in contact with you all along, YOU RETURNED TO LF)

<s>As soon as I get home from school, I'll upload my rip of With Every Step I Take and I'll also rip the new song that I unfortunately not listen to right now. Theoretically, it should be in quality comparable to that of the upload on YouTube, but it won't be as good as the official release from Redefine (all the more reason to wait, though) due to the lack of independent tracks in the MP3.</s>

BUT YOU STILL RETURNED

EDIT: Uploaded here: http://www.mediafire.com/?jzzz5ztumzj
In mp3 format.

Ripping The First Breeze to upload.
TheAppleFreak offline

Postby TheAppleFreak » Wed May 12, 2010 3:57 pm

I really need to check his Bandcamp account more often.

For all of the Star Fox fans here on LF, this one is especially for you:
Retro Game Tribute Series: Star Fox
[Would post image if I wasn't using Internet Explorer on a school laptop]
Track List:
1) Intro
2) Star Fox Theme
3) Corneria
4) Titania Dub
5) Professor Hanger

Download link: http://www.dtrx.bandcamp.com/album/retro-game-series-tribute-star-fox
TheAppleFreak offline

Postby TheAppleFreak » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:39 am

This time I'm not too late!

This is a gabber/hardcore album, for those who are interested.
The Invention of Redemption (I always wonder where he gets his song titles from)
Track list:
1. The Invention of Redemption 03:24
2. Summoned 04:17
3. Against The World 03:43
4. Fight or Flight 03:10
5. Solitude 02:32
6. Prophets Are Yet Men 02:30
7. Blunderdome 02:49
8. Armed and Alarmed 02:49
9. The Promised Land 03:53
10. Azrael - Powerhaus (M.E.G.A.L.O. Concept Halloween '09 Remix) 06:18

Download link: http://dtrx.bandcamp.com/album/the-invention-of-redemption
TheAppleFreak offline

Postby TheAppleFreak » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:32 am

A SPY'S SAPPIN MAH SONG UPDATE

Here is his newest track (not an album) dedicated to Team Fortress 2. I'm making this my ringtone when I get a new, non-sucktastic phone.
Move That Gear Up (The Engineer Song)
MOVE MOVE MOVE MOVE MOVE MOVE MOVE MOVE THAT MOVE MOVE MOVE MOVE THAT THAT GEAR UP....
TheAppleFreak offline

Postby TheAppleFreak » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:53 pm

Yet more D TRX/Kita!

This isn't a full album, but rather a teaser to Redefine. I like what I hear :)
Starting Gun EP
Track List:
1) Starting Gun 02:25
2) With Every Step I Take 03:20
3) Crisis 02:37
4) Our Haven VIP 04:56

Download link: http://dtrx.bandcamp.com/album/starting-gun-ep

I'm really looking to this new album. So far, Crisis is my favorite, and With Every Step I Take was already leaked, but Our Haven... that was a really good song in You Can't Rush Things Like This, but this is incredible. Listen to it. Now. All four songs.
TheAppleFreak offline

Postby TheAppleFreak » Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:07 pm

Well, yet another update! This time, it's not from D TRX, but from Oliver Arcane, a teaser to his next album Jaywalking To Get What You Want, slated for release sometime in September or October. (I'm still waiting on Redefine, though...)

This song is called "Ocean Street Killer," and I'm currently waiting for validation to rip/upload a downloadable copy here.

YouTube link here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvygg7KTCIw

Also pay attention to the background in the album art.
TheAppleFreak offline

Postby Jeremified » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:00 am

Well, it sure took him long enough- Kita's now actually selling his music!

Petriform - Exposition

This album is essentially the sequel to Asterism- it's chiptuney trance / dance / whatever Kita usually does. $8 for high-quality formats or free for a ~128kbps (lo-fi) download.

1. The Sky is Not the Limit 03:31
2. I-5 Night 04:52
3. Airborne 03:58
4. Between Here And The Stars 03:21
5. The Best Of Times 04:16
6. The First Breeze 04:20
7. With Every Step I Take 03:21
8. Cretaceous Synth 02:52
9. Crisis 02:37
10. All The World 03:11
11. Cope 02:41
12. 1:31 AM 03:57
13. Black Friday Rain 04:32
14. I-5 Dawn 01:12
thank you all for the good memories <3
Jeremified offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TheAppleFreak » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:51 am

I'm a little miffled that it's not free for the 320k version (I'm sure a lot of his fans are), but at least he has the lossy version there for free. That hasn't stopped me from paying for the full version :P

I'm currently listening to his YouTube preview while I wait for the album to download and I like what I'm hearing so far. Some of these songs are old, though. Oh well.
TheAppleFreak offline

Postby Carth » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:20 am

$8 is a paltry price to pay for four years of excellent music already. As soon as I get home I'm definitely funding him.
Carth offline

Postby TheAppleFreak » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:33 pm

Well, he's finally released it. He told me about it in an email session a while back, but now he released it! This is an updated rerelease of some of his best songs from earlier albums, all remastered in his current style. Just looking through the track list is giving me nostalgia pangs. I've listed the original album that the song appeared in in addition to the track name.

Understand: The Best of the Back Catalogue
Track List:
1) Royally Screwed (Asterism)
2) Night Rush (You Can't Rush Things Like This)
3) I Dream of the Stars (Asterism)
4) No Other Choice (Asterism)
5) Reset The Past (You Can't Rush Things Like This)
6) The Visionary (I'm not sure exactly what album this is originally from, but I have it from the Kita Khyber 2007 Compilation. Also appears in You Can't Rush Things Like This as an FM3 Extended Mix)
7) Foreign Lands (You Can't Rush Things Like This)
8) Moliinmu (Asterism)
9) Valiant (Asterism)
10) Acerbic Relationship (Resistance Is Not Futile)
11) Our Haven VIP (Originally appeared in You Can't Rush Things Like This in an original form and a Hardcore mix, but this same remix appeared in Starting Gun EP)
12) A Loss for Words (Asterism)
13) Why Can't I (You Can't Rush Things Like This)
14) Understand (Resistance Is Not Futile)

Download link: http://dtrx.bandcamp.com/album/understand-the-best-of-the-back-catalogue

Additionally, from now (10/14/10) to November 1st (11/1/10), the album is free of charge. That shouldn't stop anyone from supporting him, though. Price after this date is unknown as of now, though.

EDIT: TLOAF's First Impressions
Well, I have the entire album downloaded and in iTunes, and as I type I'm listening to some of my favorite songs that were remastered. So far, I've fully listened to Night Rush, Acerbic Relationship, Why Can't I, Reset The Past, and Our Haven VIP.

-Night Rush: The original was a fast, energetic, and deep song. The instruments worked to bring out the best of the song, and all of the audio tracks worked together harmoniously. It was for this reason why this is <s>one of</s> my all-time favorite song<s>s</s> ever. Unfortunately, the remastered version doesn't quite live up to the original. Some of the original gated instruments were swapped with softer and more passive instruments, while the drum kit was swapped with one that just sounds loud and somewhat obnoxious. The volume of some tracks in the remastered version were too soft (the dominant tracks) and too loud (the background tracks and the drumbeat), which leads to some clashing. HOWEVER in certain parts of the song, the soft chorus-like track was improved over the original and makes it sound a lot smoother during the parts where it's featured. Also (this is of great interest to me, since I eventually plan on remixing this song) the new arrangement reveals some very low-key tones that help emphasize the song.

-Acerbic Relationship: This one is a little strange. Unlike most of the other songs, this appears to be a remix rather than a remastering. The new main synth and bass synths work rather well together, but the synth that begins plays at 1:13 sounds a little too high-pitched for the song as a whole. The new drumbeat helps give it more of an energetic feeling, and the more violin-esque synths that he uses as the background synths really emphasize the song's strong points (if you don't know what I'm talking about, it's the same instrument that he uses in the beginning of "Black Friday Rain" from Exposition). Overall, the new Acerbic Relationship is a very good rehash of the original.

-Why Can't I: I'm listening to this one again as I type; up until 2:20, I'd say that it's almost identical to the original. It's only at that point that you notice a new, slightly more dominant drum synth with a tamborine (?) that I don't think was present in the original. Overall, it hasn't changed much. I do like that tamborine, though.

-Our Haven VIP: If you look further up the page, you'll notice that I mention this song in "Starting Gun EP." This is the same song that appeared in that album too, and it's great. It's a complete remix of the original from You Can't Rush Things Like This, and it's great. You need to listen to it for yourself to judge whether you like it, but it's one of my favorite songs from this album.

-Reset The Past: I listened to this one while I was typing the review for Our Haven VIP, and like Why Can't I, it hasn't changed much either. The main synth and the background synth accompianing the main synth got toned down, though, so the background is a little more prominent in the song. I'm not sure if that's a benefit or detriment. So yeah.
TheAppleFreak offline

Postby TheAppleFreak » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:11 pm

Another release! This time, this song is part of a remix album called Shyfted Minds. Our good friend Kita Khyber has worked on the song called "33" which can be heard on YouTube at the link below.

Shyft - 33 (M.E.G.A.L.O. Concept Remix)

The song, along with a variety of other songs from other artists, is available to download here. Or, if you don't want to have to wade through the site's somewhat confusing navigation system, here is the direct download link.

Unfortunately, my ears feel clogged today so listening to music is harder than usual; however, from what I could hear accurately it's a fusion of gabber and chiptune, much like some of the songs from "The Invention Of Redemption." Since I've never heard the original, I can't compare it, but it's pretty good. The rest of the remix album looks interesting; there are genres ranging from gabber to trance to some stuff I've never heard of before.
TheAppleFreak offline

Postby TheAppleFreak » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:07 pm

Another song update! This one's straight from his upcoming EP, Cross Section, and it's definitely interesting. It's a "collaboration" between Petriform (his current name for the stuff he usually does) and CRTified Technician (his chiptune name) and combines both his usual style of songmaking and chiptune into one song.

Listen to "Trifecta" here

Currently waiting for permission to rip/upload for you people to download.
TheAppleFreak offline

Postby TheAppleFreak » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:29 pm

Well, he's at it again. He's released a new single, "November," on his download page. It's a different style of music, not dissimilar to the music you'd hear in Donkey Kong games.

November: Single
Track List:
1) November

Download link: http://dtrx.bandcamp.com/album/november

It's free to download, but you can pay if you want.
TheAppleFreak offline

Postby TheLQ » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:49 pm

Good music, but the want to listen to tetris type music diminishes over time. Its why I listen to lots of trance radio and live DJ sets from Trance Energy in the Netherlands: It mixes things up.
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby TheAppleFreak » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:10 am

New EP!

Cross Section
Track List:
1) E.T.P.
2) Starting Gun
3) Trifecta
4) My Friend The Airship (Petriform Remix)
5) The Prince
6) Give Up? Retire?
Download link: http://dtrx.bandcamp.com/album/cross-section

Cost $3 for the 320k version, and free for a low quality version. Sadly, I must default to the low quality one...
TheAppleFreak offline

Postby TheAppleFreak » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:21 pm

Another album of sorts! I'm not sure what the hell this is supposed to be, but it was posted on his Bandcamp page, so why not post it? It apparently is... noise. I dunno.
An Appeal for a Rapid Approach
Track List:
1) Digamma Plane
2) Phaselis
3) Priority Escort
4) Storm Escaper
5) Illegal Hydraulics

Download Link:
http://dtrx.bandcamp.com/album/an-appea ... d-approach

It's free, but you're free to donate if you wish.
TheAppleFreak offline

Postby TheAppleFreak » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:24 pm

Well, it's been a while, but good ol' <s>Kita Khyber</s> Petriform has released a new single! It's apparently a remix of two songs from Lapfox, who is someone that he apparently likes.

The Queenstons feat. Casey LaLonde - Break Away/One Life (Petriform Remix)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0O0bWHC85kc

Download link:
http://www.zshare.net/audio/87554026af6f2828/

I rather like this track. I've listened to both of the originals, and this remix does them justice.

Also, I was perusing his Facebook, and apparently we're going to have a new album at an indeterminate point later this year. I know nothing else.
TheAppleFreak offline

Postby Jeremified » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:49 am

New album out :D

Oliver Arcane - AFS+

The style is generally downtempo / dark DnB, venturing into dubstep in some tracks. And check out track 17 :o

Tracklist:
01. Nightfall
02. Screech
03. Vaudeville Horror Show
04. Coyote
05. Filth
06. Casper, Wyoming
07. Depot
08. You Don't Know Me
09. The Fields Are Gone
10. Bitter (Reprise)
11. Nowhere Yet Everywhere
12. Surreal
13. Bitter
14. Trash Day
15. Bad Apple
16. Bad Apple (+nitro remix)
17. Nightfall (Fraxtil's Darkstep Remix)

Edit: I'm not going to update this thread anymore. Go follow his stuff at http://www.youtube.com/user/DTRXCreations and http://dtrxcreations.tumblr.com/ and http://dtrx.bandcamp.com/ if you want to hear his new stuff.
thank you all for the good memories <3
Jeremified offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TheAppleFreak » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:47 pm

New track on YouTube, with a general album release sometime this Spring.

What It Wouldn't Take - Relentless Eventful

I personally think it is a very good song, and can't wait for the new album to come out. Also, on his tumblr, Pop Radio Nightmare will be coming out sometime in the future (with remastered Pop Radio BS songs), as well as 40 oz. For Life - Bad Words, which sounds like a new speedcore album.
TheAppleFreak offline

PreviousNext